Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference (6056 Views)

Photos Of Praying Mood In Both Islam And Christian Religion.. / Where Lies The Truth Of Our Religion? What The Meaning Of This...verse / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by wascoms(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2006
what is the difference between Islamic and Christian Religion?

to me i believe we all worship the same God but the only problem is that our ways of worshiping is different, such that the Muslims do go to Mosque while the Christian do go to church but at the end it is still the same God we talk to, so why is the problem of Muslim person not marrying a Christian and a Christian is forbid to marry a Muslim person?
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by dejiolowe: 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2006
we dont worship the same God. Jesus says he's the way the truth and the life. No one gets to God except thru him. If muslim are really worship the God Jesus talked about then Jesus must have lied. And if Jesus didnt lie, then Muhamed must have lied then.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by mosaic2(f): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2006
Christianity and Islam are completely different from each other. like dejiolowe said, we do not all worship the same God. we might all call Him "God" but the person sitting next to you might have a different meaning for this word. in Christianity, God is a God of love, peace and compassion. the God of Islam--or "Allah"-- is a distant and unapproachable god who does not love all people, but only those who do well, whereas the Christian God has unconditional love for all His children--even sinners and those who hate Him.

also, Islam claims to be a peaceful religion, but how can a peaceful religion kill everyone whom they see as "unbelievers." how can it be a peaceful religion if the very god who is worshipped by so many encourages hatred and murder of those who are not Muslim? It is amazing that people would rather believe the word of a person who claimed to be a prophet and to have one day seen visions of a supernatural being over the word of God, who is the creator of the universe, who has no beginning and no end, and who has existed since before the beginning of man.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by exu(m): 12:23am On Jan 21, 2006
Islam claims to be a peaceful religion, but how can a peaceful religion kill everyone whom they see as "unbelievers." how can it be a peaceful religion if the very god who is worshipped by so many encourages hatred and murder of those who are not Muslim?

unfortunately the christian church also spent a large portion of it's time persecuting and killing those who did not believe what they believed or who dared to question something which they could not understand...

it's not just islam that has caused people to be killed, christians have also killed in the name of 'God' with the backing of their religious leaders who have taken passages from their own religious texts to support the evil deeds...

both religions encourage hatred and intolerance...both religions raise the question as to how 'God' can allow his own followers to be so malicious...
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by mosaic2(f): 6:28am On Jan 21, 2006
exu:

unfortunately the christian church also spent a large portion of it's time persecuting and killing those who did not believe what they believed or who dared to question something which they could not understand...

but this was done in ignorance..and was not the will of God. again, the Christian God is filled with love, and would never wish upon the death of innocent people. why would He want to see His children being killed? that is why He is so different from Allah, who encourages his followers to persecute and kill those who are non-Muslim.

both religions encourage hatred and intolerance...

simply put..Christianity, which is mainly based on the Word of God from the Holy Bible, revolves around love for one another. no where does it mention or encourage hate towards any group of people.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by ZuluNation(m): 6:38am On Jan 21, 2006
Please forgive me for sounding ignorant, I just have this little thing about Islam that bugs me. The say if a Muslim man kills in the name of Islam, he'll have 80 (not sure of the number) virgins waiting for him in heaven. So what about the women of Islam, what do the get when the kill in the name of Islam?
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by exu(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2006
but this was done in ignorance..and was not the will of God. again, the Christian God is filled with love, and would never wish upon the death of innocent people. why would He want to see His children being killed? that is why He is so different from Allah, who encourages his followers to persecute and kill those who are non-Muslim.

How was it done in ignorance when they used 'scripture' to back their evil deeds?

How do you know the Christian God is filled with love when there are so many instances of him killing people indiscriminately, just for living in the wrong part of the world- or so the Bible says...

Most importantly, even the lowliest animal knows not to kill one of it's own, human beings aren't any different...murder is innately wrong, we all know this...
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by mosaic2(f): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2006
exu:

How do you know the Christian God is filled with love when there are so many instances of him killing people indiscriminately, just for living in the wrong part of the world- or so the Bible says...

when did God ever kill people indiscriminately?
we know that He is filled with love because He came down to earth and suffered and died for our salvation. Jesus took all the torment and hate from those who persecuted him, and did nothing to those who spat on his face. that's how I know He is a loving God.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by exu(m): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2006
when did God ever kill people indiscriminately?

Oh dear...

(I could have a lot of fun with this)

Genesis 6:7

6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Genesis 22:2

22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Exodus 12:12

12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by otokx(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2006
Jesus my Lord and Saviour is the difference, i hear the muslims refer to him as one of the numerous prophets but he is in truth the only begotten of the father and also equal, one and the same with God.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by kismat: 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2006
Please forgive me for sounding ignorant, I just have this little thing about Islam that bugs me. The say if a Muslim man kills in the name of Islam, he'll have 80 (not sure of the number) virgins waiting for him in heaven. So what about the women of Islam, what do the get when the kill in the name of Islam?

Do you mind tell us where you get this from? quote it from your relevant sources.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by kismat: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2006
we don't worship the same God. Jesus says he's the way the truth and the life. No one gets to God except through him. If muslim are really worship the God Jesus talked about then Jesus must have lied. And if Jesus didnt lie, then Muhamed must have lied then.

And where the teachings of Jesus? How should we worship the God he was referring to? What was the context of the message you are quoting? Was Jesus speaking to christians or jesus? Can you please tell us where Jesus said his religion is Chrisitainity? or his preachings will be called so? What act do you do when you worship the God of jesus that's similar to an act Jesus did?
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by kismat: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2006
Jesus my Lord and Saviour is the difference, i hear the muslims refer to him as one of the numerous prophets but he is in truth the only begotten of the father and also equal, one and the same with God.

So God had sexual intercourse with Mary and begot Jesus? Do you know the meaning of begotten? sire? procreate?
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Idekeson(m): 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2006
Without going into the ideological differences of both religion, the main problem is the idea that Islam condones violence against non believers. Even if this notion is not the official position of Islam, it sure has played out that way around the world. This is definitely unacceptable in modern times. Freedom is choice without fear of persecution.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by exu(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2006
I'm not even a Muslim but all these claims that Islam is somehow more decadent, more violent than Christianity is irritating...

@Idekeson: If it is not the official doctrine of Islam then how do you substantiate your claim that Islam 'condones' violence against non-believers

What you are talking about are fringe groups, extremes...there are Christian and Jewish extremists who also advocate violence against those who see things differently...
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Idekeson(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2006
@exu
more decadent? I'm not sure. I'm really not interested in the moral content of either beliefs. But if you don't see the violent leaning of Islamic teaching especially in the middle east, you must be clouded from reality. The killings and property distructions that often occur in Northern Nigeria is a case in point.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by nuru(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2006
Have you ever been to a place in this world where it happens that at some times of the day, people just go out of their shops, offices, banks, homes without locking doors and windows and they return after about 20mins without recording any buggling incident. If you want to know where this is possible, go to the islamic countries. Yours sincerely witness this in Saudi Arabia. Violence in muslim lands is fight for oil and land if you know world politics. The only group that has the wherewithal to counter American terrorism are the muslims, that is why America continue to forment trouble with and amongst the muslims. Look at the current Iran issue. Why should a nation not have the sovereignty to generate power for its own use on its own land without another nation that has done similar thing interferring. Where is the priciple of Justice. By the time they cause another war in Iran, novices would come and say it is the muslims again that are violent. Do you get the drift.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by exu(m): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2006
Idekeson...the problem you speak of; the property distruction etc. is down to economics. Do you really think that if all the young men who go around starting riots were gainfully employed with households to take care of that they would have the time or the energy to riot and kill

The fact of the matter is you continue to talk about a fringe group who take advantage of a bad situation to push their own agenda...

The same thing is happening in the U.S and other Western countries, where right-wing groups, many of whom claim to follow Christian doctrine are effectively taken advantage of by their leaders...

There's a similar situation with regards to Jews in Israel where fringe leaders are taking advantage of a disenfranchised and largely ignorant group...
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by dejiolowe: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2006
ZuluNation:

they get 80 studs! aqua, where r u?
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by kismat: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2006
If you think Islam is violent, please set some time aside and watch this program.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/israel/view/
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by nuru(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2006
This is the kind of infomation that western media usually hide
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by alheri(f): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2006
kismat:

If you think Islam is violent, please set some time aside and watch this program.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/israel/view/

Just went through the above link, whats the connection? I thought the topic was Christianity and Islam? That link was talking about Jews.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by nferyn(m): 11:54am On Feb 01, 2006
All monotheistic religions lead to violent subjugations of others at one time or another in their history. Maybe the problem lies with the core caracteristics of religions as vessels of truth

Those religions are all equal in exposing the others as false and therefore something to fight, either by violent means or other means.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Hndholder(m): 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2006
The christ and islam conects here. Look at the sura

The Ranks
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

[61.1] Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth declares the glory of Allah; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

[61.2] O you who believe! why do you say that which you do not do?

[61.3] It is most hateful to Allah that you should say that which you do not do.

[61.4] Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way in ranks as if they were a firm and compact wall.

[61.5] And when Moses said to his people: O my people! why do you give me trouble? And you know indeed that I am Allah's apostle to you; but when they turned aside, Allah made their hearts turn aside, and Allah does not guide the transgressing people.

[61.6] And when JESUS son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.

[61.7] And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah and he is invited to Islam, and Allah does not guide the unjust people.

[61.8] They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse.

[61.9] He it is Who sent His Apostle with the guidance and the true religion, that He may make it overcome the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse.

[61.10] O you who believe! shall I lead you to a merchandise which may deliver you from a painful chastisement?

[61.11] You shall believe in Allah and H,is Apostle, and struggle hard in Allah's way with your property and your lives; that is better for you, did you but know!

[61.12] He will forgive you your faults and cause you to enter into gardens, beneath which rivers flow, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetuity; that is the mighty achievement;

[61.13] And yet another (blessing) that you love: help from Allah and a victory near at hand; and give good news to the believers.

[61.14] O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as~ JESUS son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said:

We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=874756
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by eruwa: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2006
The difference between Islam and Christianity is that the former belief that Jesus( peace be upon him) was one of the prophets of God while the later belief that Jesus is Lord (sometimes some go as far as saying Jesus is God!)

have the christians wondered
1 what was the religion of Jesus Christ himself? (christians are supposed to be followers of Christ),
2. why did Jesus not perform miracles saying " In Jesus name" or "in my name",
3. the various types and teachings of christians (Celetial Church. K & S, Redeem, Penticoastal, catholic, jehovah's witness, im tired of mentioning types)
4. why would a christian redeemer not attend the celestial church next to his house but goes 50 miles to 'his own' church

i can keep asking questions but let me stop for now.

for anybody who cares to know, Mohammed (saw) practiced islam as a religion, all miracles are from Allah (God), a muslim in Ghana will pray in Nigeria with his muslim brothers, recite the "fatiha" same way as it was recited in India or Israel

the BIG DIFFERENCE is the uniqueness of the religion of light and peace - Al islam. To Allah be the Glory.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Ajisafe: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2006

I really don't want to respond to any of these Jewish and Christian ignoramuses on this particular thread, but Deji Olowe, whose article on nairaland and Seun made me to regard him as an intellectual has now joined the likes of these idiots.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Ajisafe: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2006

I really don't want to respond to any of these Jewish and Christian ignoramuses on this particular thread, but Deji Olowe, whose article on nairaland and Seun made me to regard him as an intellectual has now joined the likes of these idiots.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by nferyn(m): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2006
Ajisafe:

I didn't know there were any Jewish people on this board
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Hndholder(m): 8:22am On Feb 03, 2006
Who are the idiots if I may ask.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Ajisafe: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2006

Believe me, Nferyn. The Jews are  so crafty -- masters of disguises.

Who are the idiots if I may ask.

If you were one of them I would say so. I fear no man, but Allah.
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by Hndholder(m): 8:53am On Feb 03, 2006
dejiolowe:
Quote from: ZuluNation on January 21, 2006, 06:38 AM

Olowe means The Devil in Pink Jacket.  Am I right?

Yes I think so.

Some one must explain  to us the virgins issue.

The Jews Kill Jesus but Christianitys said to be the fulfillmentf JEWISH religion. Islam is an offshoot of Christianity based on the pasted RANKS above. Where are we if you openly refer to someone as Idiot?  He may address you as PIG. What else!
Re: Islamic And Christian Religion What Is The Difference by nferyn(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2006
Ajisafe:

Believe me, Nferyn. The Jews are so crafty -- masters of disguises.

I hope you're not into that type of antisemitic bullshit. Why not bring in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the great Jew conspiracy to rule the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is Lady Evangelist Bola Odeleke? / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural / William Laine Craig Example Shows Christianity Can Rot Your Brain!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.