Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? (4392 Views)

HELP!! My Passport Application Is Being Delayed By Immigration After Payment / Same Day/week Renewal Of 9ja Passport In USA / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
I saw an earlier post about the humiliation people with Nigerian passports experience at P.O.E's and immigration checks around the world, however I feel experiences should be shared to put the predicament of Nigerian passport holder's in perspective....

**One of My most severe Experiences**

I once had a work visa cancelled because I was a Nigerian passport holder back in 2016. Trust me the experience was humiliating.

I will recount the whole experience.
Some years ago, I was invited to lecture at a University in an Asian country for a semester, I was excited about the new opportunity.
However at the port of entry, the immigration of the country told me that the visa I was using was restricted from Nigerian passport holder's (I was given a work visa) I was shocked as I was refused entry outright, each time Nigeria was mentioned by any of the immigration officials, it was met with a word I later learnt was no and violent shaking of the head(several phone calls were made).

I alerted the university, the ministry of labour and the ministry of interior who sent the approval letters for my work visa, and can you believe my work visa was cancelled almost on the spot, just because I was holding a Nigerian passport?

I have European academic degrees, and I got the visa from a European country, so it was assumed I was a European. However on discovering I was Nigerian, they completely threw in the trash the fact that I was an invited academic researcher with advanced degrees, all they saw was my Nigerian passport.

I was given apologies, after the whole soap opera, but the humiliation was not something to forget. I thought deeply; If I was using Togo, Chad, Ivory coast, Kenya, Uganda or any other African passport, wouldn't I have been spared from that humiliating experience? however that green passport was my downdoing.

Fyi, I was profiled by an immigration officer who apparently spoke Igbo rather fluently (I found it weird coming from an Asian grin ) ... the man stopped when I told him I am not Igbo and I didn't understand a word of what he was saying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Immatex(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
How can you say a person spoke Igbo fluently when you don't understand a word in Igbo

12 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Hadampson(m): 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2019
Observation mode activated
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2019
Immatex:

How can you say a person spoke Igbo fluently when you don't understand a word in Igbo

If you hear Hausa, Yoruba or igbo being spoken by someone, aren't you Nigerian enough to tell if it sounds legit or not?

Besides, I said he apparently spoke Igbo rather fluently, because I know what Igbo sounds like and basically the official made sense in his use of the Igbo language.
I told him I didn't understand a word he was saying because I don't speak Igbo fluently as a language, but that doesn't mean I can't tell when someone is speaking Igbo.

The point is, I was profiled by an Asian Immigration officer who could speak Igbo.

21 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by oshobugie22: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
Sighs

Mine was Mauritius ��

First time traveling outside

Was sent back oo grin
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
oshobugie22:
Sighs

Mine was Mauritius ��

First time traveling outside

Was sent back oo grin

What Happened?
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
@Optimusprime2

What is the name of the Asian country?
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by TheCongo2: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2019
optimusprime2:

I have European academic degrees, and I got the visa from a European country, so it was assumed I was a European. However on discovering I was Nigerian, they completely threw in the trash the fact that I was an invited academic researcher with advanced degrees, all they saw was my Nigerian passport

I was given apologies, after the whole soap opera, but the humiliation was not something to forget. I thought deeply; If I was using Togo, Chad, Ivory coast, Kenya, Uganda or any other African passport, wouldn't I have been spared from that humiliating experience? however that green passport was my downdoing.

Fyi, I was profiled by an immigration officer who apparently spoke Igbo rather fluently (I found it weird coming from an Asian grin ) ... the man stopped when I told him I am not Igbo and I didn't understand a word of what he was saying.

There we go again, Nigerians with their victims mentality. What made you think if you were holding a different African passport you would have been treated differently? People of all nationalities have been denied entries all over the world for any reason and some time for no reason at all.

I have been on Nairaland for 10 years and I am impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this site that had made me fall in love of Nigeria and its people. Nigeria has some of the best and most innovative minds I have ever come across.

However, one thing I don't agree with is the fact that some Nigerians think the entire world is against or after them. We are all black. Therefore we all go through the same hardship in this world as black people.

I may agree if someone say he/she had been profiled because of his skin color. However, I always fail to understand how anyone can even think that a motorist was pulled over by police in the west because that motorist is Nigerian. How can the police even know the nationality of a person before pulling him over.

My dear Nigerians, it is time to stop this whining.

11 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2019
TheCongo2:

There we go again, Nigerians with their victims mentality. What made you think if you were holding a different African passport you would have been treated differently? People of all nationalities have been denied entries all over the world for any reason and some time for no reason at all.

I have been on Nairaland for 10 years and I am impressed by the wealth of knowledge on this site that had made me fall in love of Nigeria and its people. Nigeria has some of the best and most innovative minds I have ever come across.

However, one thing I don't agree with is the fact that some Nigerians think the entire world is against or after them. We are all black. Therefore we all go through the same hardship in this world as black people.

I may agree if someone say he/she had been profiled because of his skin color. However, I always fail to understand how anyone can even think that a motorist was pulled over by police in the west because that motorist is Nigerian. How can the police even know the nationality of a person before pulling him over.

I really appreciate your good spirit in patriotism, however I was the one who experienced the ordeal.
And I am boldly telling you I had a work permit cancelled on the grounds of holding a Nigerian passport. I was directly told, that "Nigerians and Afghans were barred from that visa category" I.e working visas...

I made the visa application in Athens Greece with my EU residency permit at the time, so I guess I was assumed to be a European citizen (especially since I have diplomas obtained from European universities) perhaps that's why my passport was overlooked.

However at the POE my visa was cancelled the moment I presented my passport, I was even asked by the University if I had another passport/alternate citizenship so they could petition my re-entry, but I said no... it would interest you to know my colleague who went there on the same scheme is from Senegal.

I was profiled by immigration and an officer even attempted questioning me in Igbo language, does that not strike a chord already?

So what am I whining about oga??
By stating the obvious that I was refused entry outrightly by the reason of being a Nigerian??
Do you want me to also show you immigration letters I got on that regard?

If you don't know about a situation, please ask... don't conclude matters.
People have actually been harassed during immigration control in various countries, just by virtue of being Nigerian passport holder's and that is what this thread is about... sharing such experiences.

I would suggest that you sit back and read what other people have gone through, and you would be enlightened.

19 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by chukxie(m): 1:37am On Apr 29, 2019
Dear Op:
I'm sorry about the unfortunate situation you had to go through at the POE simply because you are a Nigerian who was travelling with a Nigerian passport. I can't begin to imagine the humiliation you must have felt after being denied entry into the country you were travelling to considering the fact that you had all the right papers and visa type. Although I've never been denied entry into any country yet because of my Nigeria passport, but I've heard and read of countless stories of Nigerians being denied entry at POE simply because they were Nigerians. It must be a sad and painful experience. It is becoming the norm to Nigerian travellers being singled out and quizzed by immigration officers at airports because every Nigerian is seen as a potential crook. This stereotype and generalization is far from the truth, but how do immigration officers at POE separate the bad from the good? I was in group chat just last night where a Nigeria who traveled to Vietnam on a working visa alleged he was denied entry because he was carrying a Nigerian passport. He said the officers told him two days prior, two Nigerias drug mules were arrested at that same airport. Some of our brothers and sisters in the diaspora have seriously dented our nation's image. It's shameful.

4 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Ugosample(m): 2:38am On Apr 29, 2019
TheCongo2:

Tu es congolais

tu ne vas pas comprende

Cest vraimmemt terrible d'utiliser le passeport nigéria pour voyager

7 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Ugosample(m): 2:41am On Apr 29, 2019
chukxie:
Dear Op:
I'm sorry about the unfortunate situation you had to go through at the POE simply because you are a Nigerian who was travelling with a Nigerian passport. I can't begin to imagine the humiliation you must have felt after being denied entry into the country you were travelling to considering the fact that you had all the right papers and visa type. Although I've never been denied entry into any country yet because of my Nigeria passport, but I've heard and read of countless stories of Nigerians being entry at POE simply because they were Nigerians. It must be a sad and painful experience. It is becoming the norm to Nigerian travellers being singled out and quizzed by immigration officers at airports because every Nigerian is seen as a potential crook. This stereotype and generalization is far from the truth, but how do immigration officers at POE separate the bad from the good? I was in group chat just last night where a Nigeria who traveled to Vietnam on a working visa alleged he was denied entry because he was carrying a Nigerian passport. He said the officers told him two days prior, two Nigerias drug mules were arrested at that same airport. Some of our brothers and sisters in the diaspora have seriously dented our nation's image. It's shameful.

too bad
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:
I saw an earlier post about the humiliation people with Nigerian passports experience at P.O.E's and immigration checks around the world, however I feel experiences should be shared to put the predicament of Nigerian passport holder's in perspective....

I once had a work visa cancelled because I was a Nigerian passport holder back in 2016. Trust me the experience was humiliating.

Some years ago, I was invited to lecture at a University in an Asian country for a semester, I was excited about the new opportunity.
However at the port of entry, the immigration of the country told me that the visa I was using was restricted from Nigerian passport holder's (I was given a work visa) I was shocked as I was refused entry outright, each time Nigeria was mentioned by any of the immigration officials, it was met with a word I later learnt was no and violent shaking of the head(several phone calls were made).

I alerted the university, the ministry of labour and the ministry of interior who sent the approval letters for my work visa, and can you believe my work visa was cancelled almost on the spot, just because I was holding a Nigerian passport?

I have European academic degrees, and I got the visa from a European country, so it was assumed I was a European. However on discovering I was Nigerian, they completely threw in the trash the fact that I was an invited academic researcher with advanced degrees, all they saw was my Nigerian passport.

Stop the whining and get your facts RIGHT... If you applied for a visa meant for certain passport holders (which you are not part of) then why would you think you will get in with the WRONG VISA?!?! whoever applied for that visa for you made a GRAVE mistake, blame THEM, not people actually doing their jobs.

Not all visas have the same requirements, so therefore you have to be careful when applying for it. Many people believe that because they have RESIDENT permit of a country, they therefore have the same rights as the citizens of that said country, when applying for visas to go to other places, WRONG!

optimusprime2:
By stating the obvious that I was refused entry outrightly by the reason of being a Nigerian??

WRONG!!!!!! You were refused entry because you did NOT have a VALID visa To enter the country... How foolish of you to have a visa that Nigerians are Not allowed to possess, and when the immigration officer stops you for it, you want to blame the person doing their job as the reason being profiling because you are Nigerians?!

...and you call yourself an educated person?! If you don't want to get humiliated at airport then GET THE RIGHT VISA next time.

5 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by andrew444(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Stop the whining and get your facts RIGHT... If you applied for a visa meant for certain passport holders (which you are not part of) then why would you think you will get in with the WRONG VISA?!?! whoever applied for that visa for you made a GRAVE mistake, blame THEM, not people actually doing their jobs.

Not all visas have the same requirements, so therefore you have to be careful when applying for it. Many people believe that because they have RESIDENT permit of a country, they therefore have the same rights as the citizens of that said country, when applying for visas to go to other places, WRONG!

WRONG!!!!!! You were refused entry because you did NOT have a VALID visa To enter the country... How foolish of you to have a visa that Nigerians are Not allowed to possess, and when the immigration officer stops you for it, you want to blame the person doing their job as the reason being profiling because you are Nigerians?!

...and you call yourself an educated person?! If you don't want to get humiliated at airport then GET THE RIGHT VISA next time.

No mind the guy ,he was probably having a fake visa self

Who even allowed him get past the Nigeria airport at first ,now he have to put the blame on Nigeria passport and he is not being wise

Smh

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by otokx(m): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
What is the native name of the country that turned you back even though you had a valid visa?

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by DAramis: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fake visa kwa shocked shocked shocked... SMH.

People and anyhow talk on a social media platform. cool

6 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

You obviously did not read and understand my post.
I will break it down; Now after reading, please respond appropriately to my questions...

*Please note; I am based in Europe, all applications and inquiries were done by me, no third party, I am well traveled*

1- I recieved what you would call "An international job offer" to lecture in a faculty for a semester. "All sponsored"

2- I recieved the authorization to apply for a work permit from the ministry of interior processed by my inviting institution.

3- I was given the necessary documents to apply for the work visa after submitting, signed contracts and respective documents via post.

Are you following... good.

4- I contacted the embassy and applied for the visa as you normally would at any embassy with the given documents I.e invitation and authority to work etc *Take note I even had a semi interview at the embassy*

5- Visa was issued via courier. I.e work visa

6- Ticket was bought and respective authorities were informed about my flight itenary for pickup.

7- At passport control I was singled out, because Immigration officer said something about "Naijariya" referring to me.

8- I was interrogated for my reason for visiting, Igbo speaking supercop, came and questioned me.

9- My institution was involved as it heard I was stopped at POE.

10- Visa was cancelled with letter stating Nigerians are banned from that work visa.

11- Flew back after failed attempts by my institution to petition the case.

Please note, I contacted the embassy after the incident and their response was, the immigration has the jurisdiction to allow or not allow who they want into the country, however they did not and refused to comment about Nigerian citizens and visa bans ... I dropped the case 2017 as it seemed to go down the drain.

1-Now with your squared vision, if an application passed through a Government procedure and was approved does it not qualify as legit?

2- Why on earth would they call an Igbo speaking official to interogate me?

3- Was I wrong to share an experience that could have happened to you?

4- In what way did I breach the rules of their visa requirements especially since the embassy and ministry of interior approved my application?

15 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
andrew444:

No mind the guy ,he was probably having a fake visa self

Who even allowed him get past the Nigeria airport at first ,now he have to put the blame on Nigeria passport and he is not being wise

Smh

Read my post well...
It was an original visa.
I don't live in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
otokx:
What is the native name of the country that turned you back even though you had a valid visa?
Mongolia
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

You obviously did not read and understand my post.
I will break it down; Now after reading, please respond appropriately to my questions...

*Please note I am based in Europe*

1- I recieved what you would call "An international job offer" to lecture in a faculty for a semester. "All sponsored"

2- I recieved the authorization to apply for a work permit from the ministry of interior processed by my inviting institution.

3- I was given the necessary documents to apply for the work visa after submitting, signed contracts and respective documents via post.

Are you following... good.

MISTAKE #1
1) Did you ever check if you could legitimately apply for such visa (as a Nigerian) in order to lecture in that faculty?
If you had, you wouldn't have been in such predicament....thus BLAME YOURSELF!!!!

4- I contacted the embassy and applied for the visa as you normally would at any embassy with the given documents I.e invitation and authority to work etc *Take note I even had a semi interview at the embassy*

5- Visa was issued via courier. I.e work visa

6- Ticket was bought and respective authorities were informed about my flight itenary for pickup.

7- At passport control I was singled out, because Immigration officer said something about "Naijariya" referring to me.

8- I was interrogated for my reason for visiting, Igbo speaking supercop, came and questioned me.

9- My institution was involved as it heard I was stopped at POE.

10- Visa was cancelled with letter stating Nigerians are banned from that work visa.

11- Flew back after failed attempts by my institution to petition the case.

MISTAKE #2
It is well known, and actually stated on the papers you signed at embassy that a visa holder can be denied at POE if the visa holder don't have required necessary proof that they have a legitimate reason to travel to said country. Can you share that letter to us, or what exactly was written on the letter they gave you before being refused entry. If that's what the letter said then why are you doubting it?!

Again, did you actually check afterwards if Nigerians were allowed to have such visas.

Please note, I contacted the embassy after the incident and their response was, the immigration has the jurisdiction to allow or not allow who they want into the country, however they did not and refused to comment about Nigerian citizens and visa bans ... I dropped the case 2017 as it seemed to go down the drain.

Let me help you with your 3rd MISTAKE... It is very easy to find out..... What type of visa did you apply for and in which Asian country?

1-Now with your squared vision, if an application passed through a Government procedure and was approved does it not qualify as legit?

MISTAKE #4
It all depends on A) if the documents you handed were genuine, B) reason for traveling is genuine and C) as stated earlier, if for any reason the immigration officer don't believe your story (or it doesn't match what was written when applying for the visa) then you would be refused entry.

The fact that BOTH institutions contacted immigration AND STILL you were refused entry, shows us all that this has nothing to do but you having the wrong paperwork.

2- Why on earth would they call an Igbo speaking official to interogate me?

Well you are Nigerian, igbos are Nigerians so he may have thought you were Igbo... No big deal! The man speaks Igbo, shouldn't he try to speak with you a Nigerian, to flaunt his skills? Why do you want to make a big deal out of it?

3- Was I wrong to share an experience that could have happened to you?

FINAL MISTAKE
Although it could have happened to anyone (whether Nigerians or Japanese), I certainly wouldn't believe that the reason for that is "being Nigerian".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

MISTAKE #1
1) Did you ever check if you could legitimately apply for such visa (as a Nigerian) in order to lecture in that faculty?
If you had, you wouldn't have been in such predicament....thus BLAME YOURSELF!!!!

MISTAKE #2
It is well known, and actually stated on the papers you signed at embassy that a visa holder can be denied at POE if the visa holder don't have required necessary proof that they have a legitimate reason to travel to said country. Can you share that letter to us, or what exactly was written on the letter they gave you before being refused entry. If that's what the letter said then why are you doubting it?!

Again, did you actually check afterwards if Nigerians were allowed to have such visas.

Let me help you with your 3rd MISTAKE... It is very easy to find out..... What type of visa did you apply for and in which Asian country?

MISTAKE #4
It all depends on A) if the documents you handed were genuine, B) reason for traveling is genuine and C) as stated earlier, if for any reason the immigration officer don't believe your story (or it doesn't match what was written when applying for the visa) then you would be refused entry.

The fact that BOTH institutions contacted immigration AND STILL you were refused entry, shows us all that this has nothing to do but you having the wrong paperwork.

Well you are Nigerian, igbos are Nigerians so he may have thought you were Igbo... No big deal! Why do you want o make a big deal out of it?

FINAL MISTAKE
Although it could have happened to anyone (whether Nigerians or Japanese), I certainly wouldn't believe that the reason for that is "being Nigerian".

I quoted all you said because it doesn't Apply... all.

First of all let me tell you how work permits are issued in Mongolia.

1-The sponsoring institution makes the application on your behalf, and once it is approved by the ministry of interior and labour, then you are set to make an application for the work visa at the Embassy with the documents... in my case, it was approved because my institution made the application and once again I recieved the "Go ahead letter" ie documents to apply, *From their Government*

2-My visa was approved because requirements for step one were satisfied and was approved.

Fast forward to arrival ...

3- I was told simply by immigration that I would not be given entry after all the approved steps and procedures "because I was Nigerian" ??
simple the officer was straightforward about it.

4- Embassy did not comment on the matter afterwards...

5- Case closed till today

If you are rushing yards to the blame game without asking questions ... in this case who is to blame?

A- Me for using a valid visa
B- Embassy for issuing a valid visa
C- Their Government for approving the visa
D- Immigration for cancelling a valid visa

Originality or legit status of the visa was not the issue because it was all proper, the main point of this whole episode at Ulanbataar, was everything that happened laid entirely at the discretion of the immigration officials and you cant tell me there was no element of maltreatment because I know what happened.

In case you missed it, the institution admitted I was treated unfairly and Apologized however there was nothing they could do about it, unless I had alternate citizenship.

Please note, it wasn't stated anywhere in their procedures that Nigerians were banned from visa applications, I am a seasoned traveller myself so I know better when making applications- besides the visa category I had, was approved by their government ...this was not about appropriate procedures or following the right approach, this was about the treatment from their immigration I recieved.

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

I quoted all you said because it doesn't Apply... all.

First of all let me tell you how work permits are issued in Mongolia.

1-The sponsoring institution makes the application on your behalf, and once it is approved by the ministry of interior and labour, then you are set to make an application for the work visa at the Embassy with the documents... in my case, it was approved because my institution made the application and once again I recieved the "Go ahead letter" ie documents to apply.

2-My visa was approved because requirements for step one were satisfied and was approved.

- did you confirm that when your institution made the application, and was approved by ministry of labor, it was clearly stated that you were a Nigerian citizen?

- in the "citizenship" part of your visa (or any papers provided to ministry), was it written NIGERIA?

3Fast forward to arrival ...
- I was told simply by immigration that I would not be given entry after all the approved steps and procedures "because I was Nigerian" ??

4- Embassy did not comment on the matter afterwards...

5- Case closed till today

again, what was written on the letter given to you when refused entry at airport?

If you are rushing yards to the blame game without asking questions ... in this case who is to blame?

A- Me for using a valid visa
B- Embassy for issuing a valid visa
C- Their Government for approving the visa
D- Immigration for cancelling a valid visa

what about...
E- your institution for giving the wrong information to obtain work permit from minitry.

Originality or legit status of the visa was not the issue because it was all proper, the main point of this whole episode at Ulanbataar, was everything that happened laid entirely at the discretion of the immigration officials and you cant tell me there was no element of maltreatment because I know what happened.

then thats what would be written on the entry refusal letter, not your citizenship.

In case you missed it, the institution admitted I was treated unfairly and Apologized however there was nothing they could do about it, unless I had alternate citizenship.

i guess someone must have made the mistake telling them you were Greek

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

- did you confirm that when your institution made the application, and was approved by ministry of labor, it was clearly stated that you were a Nigerian citizen?

- in the "citizenship" part of your visa (or any papers provided to ministry), was it written NIGERIA?

again, what was written on the letter given to you when refused entry at airport?

what about...
E- your institution for giving the wrong information to obtain work permit from minitry.

then thats what would be written on the entry refusal letter, not your citizenship.

i guess someone must have made the mistake telling them you were Greek

Once again everything was proper and legit...
No mistake of the sort mate, on my reference letter it was clearly stated I was Nigerian-with my passport number, the approval letters were sent with scanned pages of my passport data page.

Call a spade a spade mate don't crack your head.

Mongolia's immigration pissed on me.

8 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

Once again everything was proper and legit...
No mistake of the sort mate, on my reference letter it was clearly stated I was Nigerian-with my passport number, the approval letters were sent with scanned pages of my passport data page.

Call a spade a spade mate don't crack your head.

Mongolia's immigration pissed on me.

again bro, WHAT WAS WRITTEN AS THE REASON FOR YOUR REFUSED ENTRY?

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by jesmond3945: 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

wow you don't mean it. The igbos are really the blessed tribe of Africa.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

again bro, WHAT WAS WRITTEN AS THE REASON FOR YOUR REFUSED ENTRY?
There was no written statement, nothing at all...
I was simply told I would be refused entry.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

There was no written statement, nothing at all...
I was simply told I would be refused entry.

ok you must not understand my English, my bad, let me rephrase... what was written on the below:

optimusprime2:

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

ok you must not understand my English, my bad, let me rephrase... what was written on the below:

After I had left Ulanbataar the institution sent me a letter explaining that the reason was because Nigerian nationals were banned from work visas... I wasn't given any formal letter from the immigration, this letter was even from the institution.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
optimusprime2:

After I had left Ulanbataar the institution sent me a letter explaining that the reason was because Nigerian nationals were banned from work visas... I wasn't given any formal letter from the immigration, this letter was even from the institution.

So you were refused entry, NO official paperwork was given to you to sign? NO official papers was handed to you/airline to have you sent back to where you came from? NO statement to have you go to transit wherever you were traveling to, nada? NO clear reason whatsoever so that the airline that brought you can take you back? you just went back in the departure hall and just waltz back unto the next plane with no official statement or official signed reason from immigration?! Hard to believe....

1 Like

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by optimusprime2(m): 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

So you were refused entry, NO official paperwork was given to you to sign? NO official papers was handed to you/airline to have you sent back to where you came from? NO statement to have you go to transit wherever you were traveling to, nada? NO clear reason whatsoever so that the airline that brought you can take you back? you just went back in the departure hall and just waltz back unto the next plane with no official statement or official signed reason from immigration?! Hard to believe....
Believe it or not it happened... there are some parts of the world that are indeed strange.
But that was my ordeal at Mongolia, I would have put up some documents here for you to see, especially since you think I am talking random stuff, perhaps you would be enlightened & see that large grey area I am talking about, but I don't know how to do it without revealing sensitive information.
Try to also understand that during the whole episode they were speaking Mongol back and forth so I don't know what must have transpired. All I know was that the Nigerian passport had me in a fix.
Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:16am On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

What's even your problem?

5 Likes

Re: Have You ever been Humiliated by Immigration/P.O.E because of Your 9ja Passport? by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:17am On Apr 30, 2019
optimusprime2:

Believe it or not it happened... there are some parts of the world that are indeed strange.
But that was my ordeal at Mongolia, I would have put up some documents here for you to see, especially since you think I am talking random stuff, perhaps you would be enlightened & see that large grey area I am talking about, but I don't know how to do it without revealing sensitive information.
Try to also understand that during the whole episode they were speaking Mongol back and forth so I don't know what must have transpired. All I know was that the Nigerian passport had me in a fix.
And Bro, Stop making him relevant by answering his questions like you owe him explanations.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Water Cress Hotel Ikeja Lagos / Three Professional Wrestlers Lost To A Two Years Old Lioness In Tug-Of-War(Photo / Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help Pls Comment...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.