Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) (71530 Views)

Embattled Mompha And His Insane Car Collection (PHOTOS) / David Oyedepo Car Collection: Why He Has So Many Luxury Cars? / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by AreaFada2: 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2019
gypsey:
Tyson wasted $300 Million..
Perhaps over a billion dollars in today's money.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2019
AreaFada2:

Perhaps over a billion dollars in today's money.
Absolutely!
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Olulinks(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
God bless you. All of dem Anthony and Co are just there. If you've not watched this man's fight you won't understand.
solutionist:
As for me, real heavy-weight boxing ended with this man.

All them Klitcko and Anthony Joshua are just holding forte, until another real heavyweight boxer emerges.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Olulinks(m): 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Do you know what you're saying? Can any of these mordern day boxers beat the fighters you just mentioned?
ednut1:
mention one prime fighter he beat. Holyfield twice, lennox lewis
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by ednut1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
Olulinks:
Do you know what you're saying? Can any of these mordern day boxers beat the fighters you just mentioned?
AJ beats holyfield but not lewis. Fury and wilder may beat lexis. Fury by UD. Wilder by KO. Lewis was koed 2 wice
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by MetaPhysical: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
sultan11:
Tyson is not broke. He may not be as rich as he used to be but definitely not broke.

Legendary heavyweight Michael Gerard Tyson has a net worth of $3 million , according to Celebrity Net Worth. He was — at the height of his boxing career — worth hundreds of millions. A 1992 conviction for rape, retirement from boxing, and lavish spending depleted his fortune, however, and he filed for bankruptcy in 2003.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mike-tyson-net-worth-financial-150000779.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAG8onPGtk3nOOcL1SvlICaLbakc_tiqqmU0fEvYrpcZGdalK7u6d1hsesGl0hCCTjWyTZ4XAK7V6ruRAV0qnBmXmVs04kqk1Kr255ENJtBNbUCTbbWcMXTxVIApc-eSprBciWF_p4PkK9CIQaVe-auN3nYTqeMs1gWrEavTeRE_b

For me and you thats wealth! In their world 3million dollars is dry! The money is generating income so he has to pay Capital Gains Tax, he has properties, so he has to pay property tax to each of the County Government (Local Government) his property is located in. There is a value threshold for properties, above certain value the margin kicks in and the property will be treated as a luxury. Luxury tax in America is no joke! So that 3million is probably just enough to service his tax obligations for another two years before it is depleted to 0. Add to that vehicle tag renewal and insurance on the classic cars and the luxury ones in his hold. He is broke if all he has is 3million dollars.

I believe Tyson has foundation/s, with trustees, and the foundation/s alone could have assets in excess of a billion dollars. This is how they shield their money. It's an old trick.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Reference(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
mascot345:
Lesson learnt.

always try to invest like c Ronaldo and Messi.

They can never be broke and bankrupt.

Hmmmm..... you obviously don't know much about money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

For me and you thats wealth! In their world 3million dollars is dry! The money is generating income so he has to pay Capital Gains Tax, he has properties, so he has to pay property tax to each of the County Government (Local Government) his property is located in. There is a value threshold for properties, above certain value the margin kicks in and the property will be treated as a luxury. Luxury tax in America is no joke! So that 3million is probably just enough to service his tax obligations for another two years before it is depleted to 0. Add to that vehicle tag renewal and insurance on the classic cars and the luxury ones in his hold. He is broke if all he has is 3million dollars.

I believe Tyson has foundation/s, with trustees, and the foundation/s alone could have assets in excess of a billion dollars. This is how they shield their money. It's an old trick.

Oga. If you cannot comfortably pay your taxes, you are not generating enough income and if you are not generating sustainable income, bankruptcy is the next biggest news in your life.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by NinjaMetahuman: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
300 million dollars down the drain, that's the story of the typical black man and success. He simply has NO idea how to manage it.
Floyd Mayweather it will be your turn next.
as broke as he his, his current networth is still in millions.

he is raking it in hollywood and endorsements. he can never be completely broke forever.

his name alone is bringing money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by ArcGibson(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
It reminds me of those days when we used to go barber shop to barb hair.

If the barber asked which hairstyle
I would say " Tyson ni mo fe gee" grin
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by henrybomb(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
300 million dollars down the drain, that's the story of the typical black man and success. He simply has NO idea how to manage it.
Sense will not be far from you,I was talking to someone the other day and he said mayweather can never go broke.
Imagine $300 milly down the drain,it is very sad
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Ejanla07: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
If he had invested the money he used in acquiring these cars, he could av been richer than Donald trump now.

1990 trump dey forbes list of billionaires
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Gracearena: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
Pls contact me
quote author=MiddleSpot post=77958042]back in the days

I design breath taking graphic designs at pocket friendly rates. Contact me to see my portfolio[/quote]
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
If he had invested the money he used in acquiring these cars, he could av been richer than Donald trump now.
It sounds EEEAZZZZY!
America's entertainment industry isn't Nollywood where you can oppress with mere $100!
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by MiddleSpot: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Gracearena:
Pls contact me
quote author=MiddleSpot post=77958042]back in the days

I design breath taking graphic designs at pocket friendly rates. Contact me to see my portfolio

Please Ca.ll

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by K5blazer: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
quentin06:
Expired Cars, BTW he's broke, stop celebrating rubbish on this forum, people like you encourage our youths to steal and commit all sorts of crime, you suck. angry

Expired what Most of those cars are even 10x expensive today, no go there ooo

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by K5blazer: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
A typical black man, we to like show off wey nobody send us do..
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
I like the Ferrari f50 and lamborghini.they can measure up with today's luxury cars design Wise.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by cronsberg: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
cr7lomo:

Which one is noodles generation...what's the big deal if u were born in the 70s or 80s...y do u guys look down on people born in the 90s or early 2000??
Whats the big deal in being born in the 70s and 80s u ask? REALLY? The big deal is that we actually pitty u children cuz u simply will not experience the world like we did. Do u know how it feels to gather round a t.v to watch real wrestling in those days? How we felt when nigeria won atlanta 96, how we watched jordan, tyson, woods, pac, dre, cube,denzel, eddie, celine dion, r~kelly etc at the peak of their careers. The world was actually sane and awesome and livable back then, the type that we can never experience ever again with all these wars and global warming and crap music and lazy entitled brats and joblessness. Trust me, you new generation kids really have it worst now. National geographic referred to the 90s as the last great decade, every other year after that has just been worst than the last
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by cr7lomo: 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
cronsberg:
Whats the big deal in being born in the 70s and 80s u ask? REALLY? The big deal is that we actually pitty u children cuz u simply will not experience the world like we did. Do u know how it feels to gather round a t.v to watch real wrestling in those days? How we felt when nigeria won atlanta 96, how we watched jordan, tyson, woods, pac, dre, cube,denzel, eddie, celine dion, r~kelly etc at the peak of their careers. The world was actually sane and awesome and livable back then, the type that we can never experience ever again with all these wars and global warming and crap music and lazy entitled brats and joblessness. Trust me, you new generation kids really have it worst now. National geographic referred to the 90s as the last great decade, every other year after that has just been worst than the last

Just like those in the 50s and 60s will say the same
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
ednut1:

Spinks was not a real hw. Holmes was 38 and retired for 2 years. Bruno was a robot with weak chin
Spinks however is in the Boxing Hall of Fame.. His onlt loss was to Mike

The 38 year old Holmes went on to win 22 more fights and only lost 3 fights after losing to Mike. He never got beaten the way Mike beat him... 3 rounds and the fight ended

Bruno that was a robot only lost 5 matches in his entire career

Tyson na baba bros
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 11:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
aadoiza:

People who don't know boxing think Iron Mike Tyson is the GOAT
Looool. His stats speak for him

Getting 3 belts at age 21 is no easy feat!

He up there with the greatest boxers although i agree Ali and a bunch of other boxers beat him in rankings
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
ednut1:
fought bums all through. If it was not an sold retired boxer it would be an unknown boxer lol. Even klitscho wey lose last 2 matches performed better than holmes
He beat the best at his prime... Those guys weren't bums

Mike Tyson simply outclassed them. If Ali outclassed Sonny Liston by miles, you'd call him a bum too
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
aadoiza:

Michael Douglas was the first real test he had in 1990, but what happened? He choked.
Buster Douglas wasn't a real test. He was a bum

You're simply saying real test because you have the advantage of hindsight
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2019
AreaFada2:

Abi o. Most of us blacks just consume anyhow. No investment sense.

Imagine if he invested in the nascent ICT industry at that time. Like buying serious shares on Microsoft or Apple.
Yo

You're saying this because of hindsight

If it's that easy, why aren't you investing in shares that'll blow in 20 years time now?

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:03am On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
AJ beats holyfield but not lewis. Fury and wilder may beat lexis. Fury by UD. Wilder by KO. Lewis was koed 2 wice
AJ can't beat Holyfield

That MF was crazy good!
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 12:10am On Apr 30, 2019
K5blazer:
A typical black man, we to like show off wey nobody send us do..
Tyson never showed off
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Truth234(m): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:

Donald Trump even worked for him at some point in 1988.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Truth234(m): 12:24am On Apr 30, 2019
haryomikun:

AJ can't beat Holyfield

That MF was crazy good!

AJ will beat Holyfield easy, even Tyson faster, Lewis will be tough because of his height.

This is not from me, but them Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis admit they are very big and train with more sophisticated means now. Tyson is too short to survive this era, he said it himself. AJ is 6.6, Wilder 6.7 and Fury 6.9.

It is the same principle they used in projecting AJ victory against Klitschko at that early stage in his career. They knew WK used to bully people with size but with Anthony Joshua height and power, he stands no chance despite his skill level.

Was it a tough fight? Yes but did AJ win after just 18 fights ? Yes he did. A good big guy will always win a small good guy.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Jyde89: 12:50am On Apr 30, 2019
OkunrinOloro:

Mr man stop this stereotype, the likes of Paul Gascoigne, George Best and Eric Cantona, how did they spend the fortune they got from football.

PS
Hell will freeze over before mayweather go broke.
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by haryomikun(m): 1:39am On Apr 30, 2019
Truth234:

AJ will beat Holyfield easy, even Tyson faster, Lewis will be tough because of his height.

This is not from me, but them Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis admit they are very big and train with more sophisticated means now. Tyson is too short to survive this era, he said it himself. AJ is 6.6, Wilder 6.7 and Fury 6.9.

It is the same principle they used in projecting AJ victory against Klitschko at that early stage in his career. They knew WK used to bully people with size but with Anthony Joshua height and power, he stands no chance despite his skill level.

Was it a tough fight? Yes but did AJ win after just 18 fights ? Yes he did. A good big guy will always win a small good guy.
Loool AJ will beat Tyson too? The same Tyson that beat men who were 6'6 tall?

If heights won fights Marciano, Liston, Tyson and Holyfield would never have been champions

Even AJ admitted Tyson would destroy him. AJ is bigger but can't move his head. He'd be a Frank Bruno for Tyson
Re: Mike Tyson: Car Collection Of The Most Dreaded Boxer (photos) by Gbagbuo247: 1:45am On Apr 30, 2019
You are forgetting a very important point.....

He was Donlad Trumps Boss in those days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Overloaded Car Spotted At Karim-Imogen Lagos... / Cars Fall Inside Water / Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.