Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. (34246 Views)

I Have 5 Million Naira To Buy SUV, Which Car Do You Recommend? / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Which 15yrs Or Older Car Do You still Fancy And would Like To Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by vroy(m): 11:53am On May 01, 2019
2000 Mazda 626 d tokunbo goes for 900-1mill fuel efficient but manual though
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 11:54am On May 01, 2019
Eddee:

Baba i dey believe you die. I dey wait on you for Cali. As for the transmission how e take kaput?
was driving at say 60kph na so the thing just start to rev high,no motion.
Tried all I could,no way.
Na so I lift am to phc for repairs.
Den go finish today
Na d replacement gearbox be that

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by biosilicon: 12:30pm On May 01, 2019
adanny01:

See it this way,

The most reliable Lexus
The most performing BMW
The most reliable and performing? Both Lexus and BMW lose points while Benz gains points.

If your choice is Lexus, you didn't get the most performing car among the lot. If your choice is Benz, its neither the most reliable nor the most performing.

Also if you get the Lexus, that means you priotized reliability ahead of performance.
If you get the Benz, that means you priotized performance ahead of reliability.

If you really want to prioritize both reliability and performance, then you should buy both Lexus and BMW so that your garage can show exactly your priorities. You would have ended up separating reliability and performance.

Priorities means compromise either reliability or performance. You can't avoid the compromise.

I get your point. What i meant was something VERY reputable in both reliability and performance. And not necessarily the best of the best on both.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Eddee(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2019
Logobenz:
was driving at say 60kph na so the thing just start to rev high,no motion.
Tried all I could,no way.
Na so I lift am to phc for repairs.
Den go finish today
Na d replacement gearbox be that

Mehn, if no be say anything. Person supposed dey trek. Vehicle maintenance no be for the fainthearted
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by IamSoProlific: 12:47pm On May 01, 2019
Oseundada:
2004 to 2009 Benz E 'll be a good one, rugged and performance is top notch. Maintenance is quite ok provided you have a good mechanic.

Guy be been dey ask for advice from His choice of cars listed people dey advice corolla, civic, Camry, rav 4. No be everybody like all this kind poverty low class economy cars abeg.

You're seemingly funny man! Did you actually call most of those "poverty low class economy car"??
Mehn that undisputedly shows you're outdated in cartalks, you needed to have seen the latest model of those brands before casting such aspersions.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by legba1(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2019
dejolly:
Bring the money and invest in our CASH VALUE RETURNS where you get 25% interest for 1 year or 10% interest for 6 month. You can get your interest upfront . We are real estate company with over 15 Estates landed properties . Why not become an investor and see your investment GROW.
More details 08037699996

OOOOLEEE.......peeps run wen you see 'em like this....ruuuunnnnnnn
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 01, 2019
Eddee:

Mehn, if no be say anything. Person supposed dey trek. Vehicle maintenance no be for the fainthearted
I dey tell You.any car could breakdown.
Just that a person has to be ready when it happens.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 01, 2019
IamSoProlific:

You're seemingly funny man! Did you actually call most of those "poverty low class economy car"??
Mehn that undisputedly shows you're outdated in cartalks, you needed to have seen the latest model of those brands before casting such aspersions.

Cheers!
and you also need to see latest models of those luxury cars too!

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by paroh137(m): 1:17pm On May 01, 2019
Honestly I personally do not believe in Nigerian used. If you didn't use it yourself better be ready to be fixing it every month. Why dont you hustle more, complete your money and import a clean title from the USA? I have a whole diary on this. btw. https://www.nairaland.com/5156822/diary-car-importer#77993639
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by kizyalex10(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2019
biosilicon:
1.5million available for car purchase. Ignoring maintenance cost.
But highly considering reliability (just put fuel and top correct oil. Hardly breaks down) and performance (high acceleration. Balanced high speed cornering. Plenty horsepower). Which of these cars would you buy? Or which other car would you buy?
1) 2005- 2008 bmw 3 series AWD
2)2004- 2009 benz E class AWD
3) gazzuzz personally used lexus rx300 with 260k on odo.
4) 2005 - 2008 Audi A6 AWD
5) gazzuzz personally used infinity fx35

Abeg oo by gazzuzz used i mean well maintained nigerian used.
make it 1.8 and i give u tokumbo es 300.is yet to land.is on d way.dont pay a kobo till u see and inspect it.can show u d video of d bfor ship it

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Cadec007(m): 2:21pm On May 01, 2019
Logobenz:
BMWs are not as reliable as the Merc.this is a known fact!
Too many gadgets and gizmos to fail.especially the 5 series with steptronic gear grin
No one hypes something for no reason!maybe you just love to hate mercedes
ok
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by PrinceGeorgia: 2:31pm On May 01, 2019
2001 to 2003 Toyota or Nissan I will ship it to your door step in Lagos I base hear in Atlanta Georgia..
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rubbiish(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2019
baconline:
Get a 2003 corolla
Can 1.5m get 03 corolla toks?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rubbiish(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2019
PurerareGold:

Buy a 600k car and invest ya 900k
What will he invest d 900k on sir?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Eddee(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2019
Logobenz:
I dey tell You.any car could breakdown.
Just that a person has to be ready when it happens.

Good thing, Benz owners were born ready cool

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 01, 2019
Eddee:

Good thing, Benz owners were born ready cool
Na so cool
You know how we roll na.ballership

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Eddee(m): 2:53pm On May 01, 2019
Logobenz:
Na so cool
You know how we roll na.ballership

Baba biosilicon you don run leave your thread? grin grin
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rubbiish(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2019
Bayur01:

The body is important, first body car is a great advantage and neatness.

But I will never buy a car with 200k mileage. At sales point it will have effect because that's how majority reasons. Na work the engine work reach that mileage ooo.
What is d recommended mileage when buying a tokunbo car? Thanks
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rubbiish(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2019
tightpussy156:
it not about buying a car for 1.5 it all about maintenance. maintenance guzzle ur money more than purchased. it better to buy a tokunbo clean 12 yrs old car than to buy a naija use big car for 1.5 an then fall into one chance all in d name of big car.my co worker bought a naija use lexus jeep for 1.7 Millon as I am talking to you he has spent close to 900k changing parts of the car within one year.the first thing he change was gear box within 3 wks of purchase so many to mention.I bought a tokunbo baby boy the only thing I have change is just shafts for two years am using the car now.a.c na mortuary standard, sound system na party hall,the speed na gboza.fuel consumption very low.I keep on imagine if my car uses water or fuel because na magic to me.so go buy car that will give u peace of mind than to form.big man enter debt.those who have ears let them hear.that is the real truth up there.don't quote me wrong. my co worker as sold his jeep now for just 800k.after buying the car 1.7 an spend about 900k for part.
This is the gospel truth
Many of us run into trouble because we want others to see us as wealthy people, when in the real sense we are poor. This is the sole reason white men are different from us. I wonder why someone will have only 1.5m and be looking for luxury car? If u have less than 3m, u shouldn't be talking about luxury car, except u want to invite trouble. These kind of people easily get swindled. Why will i have 1m naira and be looking for land in ikoyi, when i should be looking for one in Ayobo?

3 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2019
adanny01:

Let me tell you something. Most toks you see with less than 80k or less are salvaged. The ones you see 80-100k clean title are the normal ones Americans sell off to avoid expensive turn around maintenance. Most cars specify complete maintenance at 100k. The work includes, spark plugs, all fluids in the car, including brake and clutch hydraulics, clutch, fuel pump, timing belt, valve clearance, catalytic converter and a host of others. They preempt this mileage and avoid the cost by trading off for a brand new car instead. A very few will do the maintenance and cross the mileage while the least will not do anything at all.

It means i will prefer to buy a 150k clean title than buy a 50k salvaged. 200k car is an evidence of good maintenance but a 50 salvaged is a 50-50 risk.

my current vehicle is 240k miles plus
on it's 1st body although front bumper had to be resprayed after one collision like that... , 1st engine still being serviced with 5w30 synthetic with no leakage, 1st gear etc.

No malfunction indicator on the dash.... everything functions normally.... do long journey twice every 3months..... burning my usual 150kph - 180kmph on a cruise

do steady short journey daily....
well if u ask me when I plan to sell the vehicle my response will always be

#NOTTODAY#

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:42am On May 02, 2019
Rubbiish:

What is d recommended mileage when buying a tokunbo car? Thanks

Nothing like recommended mileage.

matter of fact, that a car has high mileage is testament to the fact it was well taken care of and maintained.

there's cars made in the 1950's still working ......

HOWEVER,

what high mileage means in a car is that its served a lot, and therefore you will need to need to change parts intermittently. car parts have a certain expiry date.

for instance high mileage means engine has worked a lot BUT you cannot compare the work a car engine does on free roads when it has the chance to breathe with the work in very high traffic.

that's why cars driven in Lagos traffic work much harder than cars driven on expressway. on free roads when you can floor your accelerator your engine will use like half the fuel it uses in Lekki or 3rd Mb traffic where you go dey match brake and accelerator every 30 seconds.

So when buying any car, even tokunboh you need to look at the history.

if the car is in good shape, has single owner, has verifiable service history (which you will see in comprehensive VIN reports), using proper Oils and parts and was driven in a place where there's hardly traffic or bad roads, the mileage nor matter. such a car will be even be better than a 60k mileage car bought brand new and driven in Lagos.

e.g i bought a single owner vehicle with proper service history (serviced by dealer,non accidented etc.) it had 200k miles (which is HUGE)
funny thing is, 97% of the parts on that vehicle are from the factory.

The engine is just fine, bar leaking hoses.

only issue i had in the first 2 months was that they had stolen the Catalyst in Nigeria and it was showing catalyst code, and the headliner was showing signs of age.

everything else i repaired on it was caused by me. E.g Changed the rear shocks after i took it to Badagry Expressway and ran into giant pothole at 80Km per hour. The bolts on those things had to be cut because they were stiff from age.

so yes, look for lower mileage, but thats not the koko. car can have 10k mileage and be dead.

PS: 99.9999% of the cars sold in Nigeria have tampered mileage. they reduce it to entice people who think Mileage is everything.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rubbiish(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Nothing like recommended mileage.

matter of fact, that a car has high mileage is testament to the fact it was well taken care of and maintained.

there's cars made in the 1950's still working ......

HOWEVER,

what high mileage means in a car is that its served a lot, and therefore you will need to need to change parts intermittently. car parts have a certain expiry date.

for instance high mileage means engine has worked a lot BUT you cannot compare the work a car engine does on free roads when it has the chance to breathe with the work in very high traffic.

that's why cars driven in Lagos traffic work much harder than cars driven on expressway. on free roads when you can floor your accelerator your engine will use like half the fuel it uses in Lekki or 3rd Mb traffic where you go dey match brake and accelerator every 30 seconds.

So when buying any car, even tokunboh you need to look at the history.

if the car is in good shape, has single owner, has verifiable service history (which you will see in comprehensive VIN reports), using proper Oils and parts and was driven in a place where there's hardly traffic or bad roads, the mileage nor matter. such a car will be even be better than a 60k mileage car bought brand new and driven in Lagos.

e.g i bought a single owner vehicle with proper service history (serviced by dealer,non accidented etc.) it had 200k miles (which is HUGE)
funny thing is, 97% of the parts on that vehicle are from the factory.

The engine is just fine, bar leaking hoses.

only issue i had in the first 2 months was that they had stolen the Catalyst in Nigeria and it was showing catalyst code, and the headliner was showing signs of age.

everything else i repaired on it was caused by me. E.g Changed the rear shocks after i took it to Badagry Expressway and ran into giant pothole at 80Km per hour. The bolts on those things had to be cut because they were stiff from age.

so yes, look for lower mileage, but thats not the koko. car can have 10k mileage and be dead.

PS: 99.9999% of the cars sold in Nigeria have tampered mileage. they reduce it to entice people who think Mileage is everything.
Great thanks
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2019
let's look at the concept of "Mileage first" and "Maintenance first" like this:

You know 2 people who want to sell their houses and you want to buy.

Seller A built the house for himself, he doesn't miss out on any detail.... he doesn't spare money when it comes to this building because it is HIS house.
Very well maintained, he used the best grade materials for initial construction and subsequent renovations. He employed experts at every point in time when they were needed.... no cutting corners.
Now owner is willing to sell to settle a government debt.
Challenge is the building is at least 10years old.

Seller B built a house in proxy, he was in Yankee when he sent money for his extravagant cousin to build the house and only returned when the house had been completed. he also doesn't spend much time in the house. The cousin also made a large sum of money from the construction by using inferior materials during and after the construction.....
Later the Yankee guy had some government issue and wants to sell the 2yr old building!

Now which would u go for?.
Note, both houses look terrific!

My point being, maintenance is key... mileage also should not be ignored.
Try to find a moderation.... maybe a well maintained low mileage, but if price is higher than pocket size, then look for a moderately maintained, fair mileage vehicle.... don't focus on Mileage alone as is the case today....

I posted a corolla mirror that was vandalized, the owner of that ride bought the ride based on mileage (95k plus) ... toks, poorly maintained toks vehicle.... user has changed virtually everything apart from engine, gear and body! Legs dancing upandan.... didn't appear in the Carfax report for some odd reason!

seems like twas a Nigerian guy that even sold it to the dealer that brought it down to naija....

2 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by computerglobal(m): 10:29am On May 02, 2019
computerglobal:
We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

Contact us via Sms or Whatsapp or via BBM below
Call: 08060365068
Sms vin : 08060365068
Whatsapp us on +234-806-036-5068
BBM Pin : d8ba2588

Contact us directly on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///+2348060365068

You can get a free comprehensive vehicle report here
https://www.nairaland.com/5041564/weekend-awoof-free-checks
https://www.nairaland.com/5034136/weekend-awoof-free-checks

✓ Verify Custom Documents and other verifiable documents
https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom/9#74845615
Contact us for documents verification on 08060365068

FREE Easter Holiday Comprehensive Vehicle History Report/ Record

https://www.nairaland.com/5147299/free-easter-holiday-comprehensive-vehicle#77753933
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by mistercharles: 12:51pm On May 02, 2019
paroh137:
Honestly I personally do not believe in Nigerian used. If you didn't use it yourself better be ready to be fixing it every month. Why dont you hustle more, complete your money and import a clean title from the USA? I have a whole diary on this. btw. https://www.nairaland.com/5156822/diary-car-importer#77993639
long time no see
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by honey2z4eva(m): 1:45pm On May 02, 2019
adanny01:

Let me tell you something. Most toks you see with less than 80k or less are salvaged. The ones you see 80-100k clean title are the normal ones Americans sell off to avoid expensive turn around maintenance. Most cars specify complete maintenance at 100k. The work includes, spark plugs, all fluids in the car, including brake and clutch hydraulics, clutch, fuel pump, timing belt, valve clearance, catalytic converter and a host of others. They preempt this mileage and avoid the cost by trading off for a brand new car instead. A very few will do the maintenance and cross the mileage while the least will not do anything at all.

It means i will prefer to buy a 150k clean title than buy a 50k salvaged. 200k car is an evidence of good maintenance but a 50 salvaged is a 50-50 risk.

All Aous, please I need your advise on ACURA MDX 2004.Is it economical and good for Acura rough road. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by honey2z4eva(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2019
[quote author=mistercharles post=78041324]long time no see[/quot

Please how can someone import car from aboard without having someone there.
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Indomie001: 4:17pm On May 02, 2019
shocked.
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by mistercharles: 4:34pm On May 02, 2019
[quote author=honey2z4eva post=78042910][/quote]copart
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:36am On May 03, 2019
Logobenz:
Na so cool You know how we roll na.ballership
nwanenni the main nigga.... how u rolling in PH?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 7:40am On May 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

nwanenni the main nigga.... how u rolling in PH?
baba phc dey o.
Cool morning!how lag na?
Hope cool too.
Will join y'all soon.lagos or abj for sure.
I don dey tire for ph

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / PHOTOS: Peace Mass Transit Establishes Car Assembly Plant In Emene Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.