Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. (34245 Views)

I Have 5 Million Naira To Buy SUV, Which Car Do You Recommend? / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Which 15yrs Or Older Car Do You still Fancy And would Like To Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by ruby360: 7:51am On May 03, 2019
I don't think OP is hear to take advice and buy a good car.

He definitely knows the best mechanics on Nairaland and yet he wants general opinions from road side Ka zeem's to guide him.

Congratulations on your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2019
Logobenz:
baba phc dey o. Cool morning!how lag na? Hope cool too. Will join y'all soon.lagos or abj for sure. I don dey tire for ph
guy come lag make we dey run things.
lag is great and waiting for u!
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 10:15am On May 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

guy come lag make we dey run things.

lag is great and waiting for u!
correct! cool
I Go put you on when I come.make we go buga and look for business.
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:33am On May 03, 2019
Logobenz:
correct! cool I Go put you on when I come.make we go buga and look for business.
nice
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by zevous: 1:53pm On May 03, 2019
OP.. Check out a well maintained Infiniti G35. Or M35.. It fits the bill.. Performance, reliability, Rugged.. Though it's a fuel guzzler.. But you would enjoy it
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Rupect: 5:24pm On May 03, 2019
I have a well maintained 2002 Rx300 white going for #1.5m last. Clean one

I will advise you to go for rx300. For three years now I have used it no disappointment at all.
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 03, 2019
tightpussy156:
it not about buying a car for 1.5 it all about maintenance. maintenance guzzle ur money more than purchased. it better to buy a tokunbo clean 12 yrs old car than to buy a naija use big car for 1.5 an then fall into one chance all in d name of big car.my co worker bought a naija use lexus jeep for 1.7 Millon as I am talking to you he has spent close to 900k changing parts of the car within one year.the first thing he change was gear box within 3 wks of purchase so many to mention.I bought a tokunbo baby boy the only thing I have change is just shafts for two years am using the car now.a.c na mortuary standard, sound system na party hall,the speed na gboza.fuel consumption very low.I keep on imagine if my car uses water or fuel because na magic to me.so go buy car that will give u peace of mind than to form.big man enter debt.those who have ears let them hear.that is the real truth up there.don't quote me wrong. my co worker as sold his jeep now for just 800k.after buying the car 1.7 an spend about 900k for part.

Na you understand pass joor. Na so my younger brother go buy lexus es300. Ordinary light e wan change e they complain say it's too expensive, now the absorber need to be changed again

3 Likes

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 03, 2019
Bayur01:

Na you understand pass joor. Na so my younger brother go buy lexus es300. Ordinary light e wan change e they complain say it's too expensive, now the absorber need to be changed again

I think this madam was very spot on here. Every prospective car owner should see this

radautoworks:
And while we're on the topic, too many people rush to buy cars that can't afford them.

To really know if you can afford to own a car, go look at local parts shops and mechanics for the cost and labor of the following items for the specific car you are considering should you need them. If you can afford it in an emergency, buy. If not, wait.

1) brake pad and/or rotor replacement- smartoyota, radautoworks, carpartsnigeria.com
2) a new or good used tire gazzuzz
3) oil change with proper oil or you will blow your engine quickly- dru23, gazzuzz, ebuks4ever,radautoworks, carpartsnigeria.com
4) a new battery- carpartsnigeria.com
5) alternator- radutoworks, smartoyota, carpartsnigeria.com
6) radiator smartoyota, radautoworks
7) 4 spark plugs

If you can afford any and all of these without breaking a sweat should something happen, buy a car. These are the most common things that will prevent you from being able to use your car at all- and how stupid would you look having just bought a car with it just sitting parked because you can't afford maintenance embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 03, 2019
adanny01:

Its not good to generalize that all Nigerian used cars are bad. Your co worker just got a bad deal.

Years ago, me and my co worker got the same amount of money, we both got Naija used cars, he got a 2002 Corolla and I got a 2003 Accord. His was cheaper and so he thought he got a better deal. Within a year he changed all 4 shocks twice and still had shock problems. Within 5 years he refurbished his car twice, i painted once on purchase. 6 years later, his car is worth crap but mine can be sold at even more than i bought it. He boasted then that he can go 600km on half tank, i didnt care. He just got a bad deal but thought Toyota was all that he needed and he will not have problems.

Another friend seeing how i got a good deal enlisted me to get him a good deal too. He wasn't as patient as i wanted him to be, fell for another friend's dealership scheme. Since our other friend knew we where looking for a car he brought an offer directly to our friend, i was only invited to test drive and give my friend a recommendation when a friend is the buyer and a friend is the seller. I felt my friend cornered himself and i tried to be unbiased. I didnt like the deal but saying it was difficult. The deal was made but it turn out to be a bad one. There were obvious engine trouble, we never overcame the troubles even after an expensive engine swap. Like the car was jinxed, a perfect engine just broke a conrod on very high speed and demolished the engine. The car is like scrap today.

I bought my mum a Naija used on this Nairaland. Almost 2 years now, front shocks, serpentine belt, brake master and conrod bearing are the only works done. This car has relieved my car of the trips and does most of our trips now due to fuel economy.

As far as buying cars is concerned, there are no bad naija used cars, there is only bad deals. As long as its a good deal, you pay for what you can afford.

If your friend had bought that car for 500k and used 900k to put it in great condition, he got a good deal but he bought at 1.7m and used 900k to put it in good condition, he just got a bad deal. Don't blame Naija used cars.

Supported. Nothing bad in buying Naija used car. Provided you Sabi check or probably get someone to check for you and luck follow the person. My car is Naija used and no single issue till now. Just minor stuffs have changed so far like break pads, airflow sensor that's all.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by paroh137(m): 3:04pm On May 10, 2019
mistercharles:
long time no see

Fam I'm so sorry I just saw this. Think it got mixed up in my mentions. How you dey nau?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by adanny01(m): 4:32pm On May 10, 2019
My neighbor traveled for a burial in the east, i had to call and find out if everything was ok as he took too long, almost a month.

He just showed up with this car below, after pleasantries and congratulations, in my mind i said this guy was probably cheated.

This morning, my 7year old said, "wow, this engine is so new". Great mileage of about 90k (i dont doubt), but a salvaged 2008 with 2012 body kit. I saw the steering and
audio system and i knew, checked the seatbelt and it confirmed 2008. He got a good deal in his mind but i know he most probably didnt. Infact putty already fell off his rear bumper.

People buy cars every day, getting a good deal is the problem not the brand of car you are buying. A 90k mileage is a good buy but buying a 2008 at the price of 2012 isnt fair and would definitely not be a good deal. Unless there was full disclosure that is.

A good deal is just getting a perfect car at the perfect price where both buyer and seller leave happy and satisfied. A bad deal is when price is higher than the value of the car most times arising from insincerity or ignorance.

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by mistercharles: 5:46pm On May 10, 2019
paroh137:

Fam I'm so sorry I just saw this. Think it got mixed up in my mentions. How you dey nau?
No biggie ...I dey alright, just that it's being a while...hope you good??
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by paroh137(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2019
mistercharles:
No biggie ...I dey alright, just that it's being a while...hope you good??

Sure man. We're just pushing it.
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 12, 2019
adanny01:
My neighbor traveled for a burial in the east, i had to call and find out if everything was ok as he took too long, almost a month.

He just showed up with this car below, after pleasantries and congratulations, in my mind i said this guy was probably cheated.

This morning, my 7year old said, "wow, this engine is so new". Great mileage of about 90k (i dont doubt), but a salvaged 2008 with 2012 body kit. I saw the steering and
audio system and i knew, checked the seatbelt and it confirmed 2008. He got a good deal in his mind but i know he most probably didnt. Infact putty already fell off his rear bumper.

People buy cars every day, getting a good deal is the problem not the brand of car you are buying. A 90k mileage is a good buy but buying a 2008 at the price of 2012 isnt fair and would definitely not be a good deal. Unless there was full disclosure that is.

A good deal is just getting a perfect car at the perfect price where both buyer and seller leave happy and satisfied. A bad deal is when price is higher than the value of the car most times arising from insincerity or ignorance.

Did he by chance tell u the amount he got it?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by adanny01(m): 5:24pm On May 12, 2019
Bayur01:

Did he by chance tell u the amount he got it?

I didn't ask.

I really do not want go there asking and telling him the bad news if my guess is right. The beans has been spilled, there is no going back.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Finelinks: 5:47pm On May 12, 2019
adanny01:

mehn ppl get mind oo.

So they sold him 2008 as 2012? chai

How do you detect that by sealtbelt?

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 12, 2019
adanny01:

I didn't ask.

I really do not want go there asking and telling him the bad news if my guess is right. The beans has been spilled, there is no going back.

Ok
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by adanny01(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2019
Finelinks:

mehn ppl get mind oo.

So they sold him 2008 as 2012? chai

How do you detect that by sealtbelt?

I didn't say exactly that, i am guessing they did since am not sure. Am sure he wouldn't know the difference if he wasnt told. That means unless the dealer is an honest man and did full disclosure, he would have been misled. Of course you know what most dealers would do.

There is a label on the seat belt, where it is bolted. The label has the year of production and it is never different to the car's year of manufacture.

If dealers really want to hide the yr of manufacture, they cut it off.

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 12, 2019
biosilicon:
1.5million available for car purchase. Ignoring maintenance cost.
But highly considering reliability (just put fuel and top correct oil. Hardly breaks down) and performance (high acceleration. Balanced high speed cornering. Plenty horsepower). Which of these cars would you buy? Or which other car would you buy?
1) 2005- 2008 bmw 3 series AWD
2)2004- 2009 benz E class AWD
3) gazzuzz personally used lexus rx300 with 260k on odo.
4) 2005 - 2008 Audi A6 AWD
5) gazzuzz personally used infinity fx35

Abeg oo by gazzuzz used i mean well maintained nigerian used.

OP which car you later buy?
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by AmuDimpka: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2019
K00da:
With that amount (1.5), if u want to enjoy the money go for a corolla or camery. U can also try some Honda accord or civic but corolla and camery will be beta option.

If u really want a good luxury car then save up to @least 3M. None Toyota (Lexus included) and Honda cars with high milage will likely start having engine problems which nobody want.

He is talking about cars and not these vehicles you called
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by AmuDimpka: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2019

Supported. Nothing bad in buying Naija used car. Provided you Sabi check or probably get someone to check for you and luck follow the person. My car is Naija used and no single issue till now. Just minor stuffs have changed so far like break pads, airflow sensor that's all.

My dear I buy car bases on the body and the interior...Naija used cars are good ...what I do is when I buy them , I zero my mind that the engine isn't good ...so so just buy another engine ..be it full or skeleton

My own is body and interior with chassis

1 Like

Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by AmuDimpka: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2019
mikeapollo:

Go for 2003-07 Toyota Highlander, especially 4 plugs with 2 wheel drive.

Is that one an SUV with two when drive and 4 plugs
Re: 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
AmuDimpka:

He is talking about cars and not these vehicles you called

L grin l

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Things That Happen When A Nigerian Buys His First Car / Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / PHOTOS: Peace Mass Transit Establishes Car Assembly Plant In Emene Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.