Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? (4821 Views)

Why We Hate Nice Guys / Since We All Admit We Hate White People / Why Do We Hate Naija Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ThrillPlus: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
It is a fact: that in our society, many people hold single mothers in contempt. Should this be so?

Read more: https://thrillplus..com/2019/04/why-do-we-give-single-mums-hard-time.html

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by adontcare(f): 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
That is y abortion and dumping of babies are so rampant

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2019
adontcare:
That is y abortion and dumping of babies are so rampant

The above reason is so rampant because deluded people have unprotected sex foolishly.... Wearing a condom, pulling out, taking the day after pill would solve the above problem, in an instant, if these deluded people had a brain.

ThrillPlus:
It is a fact: that in our society, many people hold single mothers in contempt. Should this be so?

Read more: https://thrillplus..com/2019/04/why-do-we-give-single-mums-hard-time.html

The ego of these men is in the way of their common sense....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ogb5(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
It is unnatural to father another man's child.

Why go for a single mother when there are many girls around who will not bring the baggage of another man's child to you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by tunize(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogb5:
It is unnatural to father another man's child.

Why go for a single mother when there are many girls around who will not bring the baggage of another man's child to you
what if she get pikin u nor know but come marry her?
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by joyberry(f): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
A woman in our base became a widow overnight when her husband of just three weeks died in an airstrike attack, Guess what she was just a few weeks pregnant.
She became a widow and about to be a single mom if the pregnancy gets to full term,i just shake my heads when people especially women beef single mothers,u dont knw their struggles or what happened with them.One will see her,a young woman in her early twenties with a baby, and just open their mouths and judge her without knowing what happened. Before judging people,be sure of what happened to them,take a mile in their steps.Life can be ironic and funny at times.Shalom

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
So many single mothers but I am yet to hear of single fathers. That’s the hypocrisy of the society we live in.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by joyberry(f): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
MissRaine69:
So many single mothers but I am yet to hear of single fathers. That’s the hypocrisy of the society we live in.
My dear the matter tire me,who impregnated the women ghosts? Its takes two to tango oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
joyberry:
A woman in our base became a widow overnight when her husband of just three weeks died in an airstrike attack, Guess what she was just a few weeks pregnant.
She became a widow and about to be a single mom if the pregnancy gets to full term,i just shake my heads when people especially women beef single mothers,u dont knw their struggles or what happened with them.One will see her,a young woman in her early twenties with a baby, and just open their mouths and judge her without knowing what happened. Before judging people,be sure of what happened to them,take a mile in their steps.Life can be ironic and funny at times.Shalom
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
joyberry:
Sometimes it’s not even widowhood
Domestic violence
Men abandoning their families
A man can make a child and walk away with little or no consequences a woman does not have that luxury.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by joyberry(f): 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
MissRaine69:

Sometimes it’s not even widowhood
Domestic violence
Men abandoning their families
A man can make a child and walk away with little or no consequences a woman does not have that luxury.
You dey mind those myopic people? They just open their mouths and judge with out thinking at all.I always insulted girls in abusive relationships until I found myself in one.Anything can happen to anyone, we are arent immune to mistakes or bad occurrences.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
joyberry:
You dey mind those myopic people? They just open their mouths and judge with out thinking at all.I always insulted girls in abusive relationships until I found myself in one.Anything can happen to anyone, we are arent immune to mistakes or bad occurrences.
Experience makes us wiser my dear.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
MissRaine69:

I think that's because these single fathers (even with 10 kids) would easily find women to marry them... Thus being a single father is not really an issue in Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by united442(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
tunize:
what if she get pikin u nor know but come marry her?
lolxx...serious?? how can you marry someone without knowing she has a child??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I think that's because these single fathers (even with 10 kids) would easily find women to marry them... Thus being a single father is not really an issue in Africa.
Nothing is an issue for men in a patriarchal society it’s that simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
MissRaine69:

Nothing is an issue for men in a patriarchal society it’s that simple.

Actually, whether single father or mother, it wouldn't be a problem if women didn't view marriage as a do or die mission. So what you are single?! Live your life the best you can and to hell with what other deluded people think of you.

The problem is when these broken women believe that without a man they are nothing, thus a brain reset is needed.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ogb5(m): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
I don't think ladies are getting the point.

There are many ladies without extra baggage of another man's child looking for husbands. Why should a young man consider a single mother when he can easily get a girl to marry that does come with extra expense that a child from a previous relationship bring.

To compound issues, the society now frowns at polygamy so the single mothers are forced to look for unmarried men.

My advice is if you are a single mum just know that you are at a disadvantage compared to other ladies searching for husbands and wisely grab a man you fancy who looks your way or be prepared to go into polygamy.

Life is not fair to many people, being a single mum might not be your fault but a man looks for the best woman he can get when searching for a wife.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
i dont hate single moms
i actually respect them but i cant father another man"s child cos i dont want some angry baby daddy harrasing me

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ogb5(m): 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Actually, whether single father or mother, it wouldn't be a problem if women didn't view marriage as a do or die mission. So what you are single?! Live your life the best you can and to hell with what other deluded people think of you.

The problem is when these broken women believe that without a man they are nothing, thus a brain reset is needed.

People marry for several reasons. Those looking for companionship in marriage will not find such companionship being single.

Searching for a mate anytime you feel like having sex is condescending at a point.
Also in the hard economic reality facing many people being married and supporting each other is cheaper for people than being single.

And in many cases, the single mum actually need financial support from a male companion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by tunize(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
united442:

lolxx...serious?? how can you marry someone without knowing she has a child??
based on assumption; what if she never told you she had any, are you going to kill her?
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogb5:

People marry for several reasons. Those looking for companionship in marriage will not find such companionship being single.

You can certainly find companionship without marriage

Searching for a mate anytime you feel like having sex is condescending at a point.

A boyfriend would solve that

Also in the hard economic reality facing many people being married and supporting each other is cheaper for people than being single.

A good/better job would solve that

And in many cases, the single mum actually need financial support from a male companion

Many great driven women have done it without the help of a man in their lives... Having a man is NOT a necessity to raise your child properly, it's better if you are 2 yes, but it can be done alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

“these broken women?”
I see where the problem stems from.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MissRaine69(f): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogb5:
I don't think ladies are getting the point.

There are many ladies without extra baggage of another man's child looking for husbands. Why should a young man consider a single mother when he can easily get a girl to marry that does come with extra expense that a child from a previous relationship bring.

To compound issues, the society now frowns at polygamy so the single mothers are forced to look for unmarried men.

My advice is if you are a single mum just know that you are at a disadvantage compared to other ladies searching for husbands and wisely grab a man you fancy who looks your way or be prepared to go into polygamy.

Life is not fair to many people, being a single mum might not be your fault but a man looks for the best woman he can get when searching for a wife.
He looks for the nets to women when searching for a wife?
Yeah right

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Adasun(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Single mum's love is intoxicating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
MissRaine69:

“these broken women?”
I see where the problem stems from.

Yes, IMHO women are indeed broken when they see marriage as a do or die mission; women who view themselves as lacking because they have no men, and therefore do the unthinkable to hitch with just about any demon/donkey out there, instead of focussing in improving themselves so that they can cater for their child, without begging anyone (to have them).

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

lol its not easy being a single mom i nigeria asper the financial angle.
Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ogb5(m): 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Yes, IMHO women are indeed broken when they see marriage as a do or die mission; women who view themselves as lacking because they have no men, and therefore do the unthinkable to hitch with just about any demon/donkey out there, instead of focussing in improving themselves so that they can cater for their child, without begging anyone (to have them).

You seem not to understand the problem some single mums face.

It takes money to make money. And if a single mum is in the poverty trap, without help it becomes very hard for her to improve herself so that she can cater for her child.

Almost everybody tries to improve themselves in the best way within their financial and mental capacity and when such capacity is not enough to pull them off the poverty trap then they start looking for other means of support. That's is where marital support comes in as an option.

Why should a single mum offer free sex to a boyfriend and struggle to cater for her child when she can offer the same sex in marriage and get spousal support in return?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Jman06(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
I don't hate single mothers but I can't marry one. Like why should I carry another man's baggage when I can get a better deal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
ogb5:
You seem not to understand the problem some single mums face. It takes money to make money. And if a single mum is in the poverty trap, without help it becomes very hard for her to improve herself so that she can cater for her child.

These are the LIFE issues that anybody/everybody faces in this life (whether single married or with kids).... Without money NOBODY can survive. So if that woman could survive as a single woman and decided that she should have the child, then it will all be great, no biggie here.

Almost everybody tries to improve themselves in the best way within their financial and mental capacity and when such capacity is not enough to pull them off the poverty trap then they start looking for other means of support. That's is where marital support comes in as an option.

I fully disagree... As much as there is nothing wrong with looking for someone to share life with, throwing yourself at any donkey willing to have you (because of poverty) is not the solution.
If, as a single mother seek to better her predicament, she meets and fall in love with someone then so be it... But having this woman cheapens herself as some leftover rotten good in the supermarket, is a fallacy.

Why should a single mum offer free sex to a boyfriend and struggle to cater for her child when she can offer the same sex in marriage and get spousal support in return?

Sadly, people like you who see sex as a trading tool, Will never succeed to understand this issue. This woman didn't think she needed to be married to have sex before, why should she now? Should she now trade sex for upkeep? What would therefore make her any different than a prostitute? This woman should date a man, and if they dig each other like that then possibly marry in the future... But thinking that before she opens her legs again she needs to be married, is the reason why most remain living like miserable nuns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by ednut1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Stop opening legs ladies

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by babyfaceafrica: 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
single fathers also are abound...why is it that is single mothers that are making noise!!!..abeg let us hear word..everybody has his/her own problem..carry your cross!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Hate Singlle Mothers? by Foodforthought: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
There are many single fathers around...go and search and you will find them..But as usual we only hear of single mothers. Why?
The reason is because women are noise makers,unlike men. Tonto Dikeh was raised by her father alone. We still don't know his name.
Immediately Tonto became a single mother she launched an Instagram revolution, telling the whole world about her PRIDE, SELF RESPECT, HER BEING BETTER OFF, BEING A QUEEN A MAN DOESN'T DESERVE
Stop complaining dear women, you are your own problem.

16 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them / 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William / She Wrote Her Phone Number On A 1000 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.