Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo (15261 Views)

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by einsteine(m): 12:35pm On May 04, 2019
Rgade:

And tomorrow, if Delta State is renamed to Omega state he will become an "Omegan" ;no longer a "deltan" lol. .
The Name of a political state is now someone's tribal identity..lol...again.
Nigerians and ignorance CANNOT be separated.

Mr Avuru is Ukwuani.

Some misguided people in Delta North think they are Igbos because it is easier to ally with a major tribe but they are misguided, they are not Igbos. Ukwuani is a gazzetted language and is recognized by the Federal Government as an entirely different ethnic group from Igbo.

By the way, all that is neither here nor there and a big shame to all the Igbos (and Yorubas) who try to live vicariously on the deeds of their kinsmen. Instead of watering at the mouth when you hear an Igbo person achieved something, why not achieve something for yourself?
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 12:40pm On May 04, 2019
Dr. A.B.C. Orjiako is the Chairman of Seplat which he co-founded in 2009. He is qualified as an orthopaedic and trauma surgeon. Dr. Orjiako ventured into business and has developed extensive experience in the Nigerian oil and gas sector, having established and managed various companies in the upstream, downstream, and oil services sectors through companies such as:
Abbeycourt Trading Company Ltd, Abbeycourt Energy Services Ltd, Zebbra Energy Ltd and Shebah Exploration and Production Company Ltd. Dr. Orjiako is also the Chairman of Neimeth Pharmaceutical International Plc, which is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (‘NSE’). By invitation of the London Stock Exchange, he became a founding member of the London Stock Exchange Group’s Africa Advisory Group (‘LAAG’), a select group working to resolve the commercial and social issues affecting Africa.

He has received numerous awards and recognitions for his service to humanity and his entrepreneurial achievements. Some of these notable awards include the Distinguished Alumnus Award and Doctor of Sciences (D.Sc. Honoris Causa) by the University of Calabar, Nigeria in 2001; Platinum Award of the West African College of Surgeons in 2006; National Honours as an Officer of the Federal Republic (‘OFR’), conferred on him by the President of Nigeria in 2012; the coveted Zik (Nnamdi Azikiwe) Prize in the Professional Leadership category by the Public Policy Research and Analysis Centre (‘PPRAC’); and African Business Executive of the Year 2014, by the Oil and Gas Council.

5 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 12:42pm On May 04, 2019
Biography

Mr. Avuru is a co-founder of Seplat and became CEO on 1 May 2010. A geologist by background, Mr. Avuru spent 12 years at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, where he held various positions including Well Site Geologist, Production Seismologist and Reservoir Engineer. In 1992, he joined Allied Energy Resources in Nigeria, a pioneer deep water operator, where he served as Exploration Manager and Technical Manager.

In 2002, Mr. Avuru established Platform Petroleum Ltd and held the role of Managing Director until 2010, when he left to take up the CEO position at Seplat.

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Xander85: 12:47pm On May 04, 2019
Some years back, there was this report of Shell planning to build a giant gas plant in Egbema (i think it was Egbema). The MD of the coy then visited Rochas in Owerri at the time. Is it still in the pipeline, or has it been cancelled?
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Mr Avuru is Ukwuani.

Some misguided people in Delta North think they are Igbos because it is easier to ally with a major tribe but they are misguided, they are not Igbos. Ukwuani is a gazzetted language and is recognized by the Federal Government as an entirely different ethnic group from Igbo.

By the way, all that is neither here nor there and a big shame to all the Igbos (and Yorubas) who try to live vicariously on the deeds of their kinsmen. Instead of watering at the mouth when you hear an Igbo person achieved something, why not achieve something for yourself?

So basically, you're saying there aren't any igbos native to delta state?
That all those "igboid" or "igbotic" people in Delta north are actually all "ukwani" ??. .every single one of them. ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by aniomafirstson: 12:49pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Speak for yourself. Have you met Mr Avuru? He would never say he is Igbo.

If you are truly from Abbi, you would know people like Austin Ugbanna and Akpola, would either of them say they are Igbo?

It's not everything you say on the internet

Mind you if the CEO doesn't see himself as Igbo he wouldn't think of spending that amount of money in the east.

peace out...

7 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 1:12pm On May 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:

Mind you if the CEO doesn't see himself as Igbo he wouldn't think of spending that amount of money in the east.

peace out...
Those guys you quoting are dumb, what ever rubbish they are writing doesn't fly, two Igbo guys came together and founded Seplat one from delta, the other from Anambra, Igbo land doesn't end in Southeast, another great son of the soil from Agbor Delta, Benedict Peters who founded the Aiteo Group, he owns large rice farm in Anambra, he invested huge in Josan integrated rice Mills in Anambra state

9 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Xander85: 1:18pm On May 04, 2019
zuchyblink:
Egbema gas field is the biggest in Africa

That’s why they took part of it and put in Rivers State!

How dare Igbos be blessed with so much gas....i mean, na only them waka come!? angry

5 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by djon78(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2019
Xander85:

That’s why they took part of it and put in Rivers State!

How dare Igbos be blessed with so much gas....i mean, na only them waka come!? angry

Lands in IMO and Abia were given to Rivers state. Etchie, egbema, obigbo etc, look at egbema ohaji is in IMO while another part of egbema is in Rivers state. And egbema people are Igbo's. One of my closest friend is from egbema and he explained all these things.

The plight of Igbo man in Nigeria, is like the plight of Israel when they were in Egypt.
A point came the Egyptians expected the Jews to provide raw materials and produce the bricks at the same time. But when God remembered His people Israel in Egypt, Israel plundered Egypt when they were leaving. God told Moses to instruct the children of Israel to demand gold from Egyptians and through that means they plundered Egypt. I remember listening to one Bishop T D Jakes message on this Israel ordeal in Egypt, he said, Israel got her reward for the 400years they served Egypt when they were leaving by demanding for gold. He said it was the sweat of Israel's 400years slavery.

The same way justice and equity is trampled under in Nigeria, but God in heaven knows how to give everyone His reward.
If you marginalize, God knows how to balance the score.

8 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by einsteine(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2019
Rgade:

So basically, you're saying there aren't any igbos native to delta state?
That all those "igboid" or "igbotic" people in Delta north are actually all "ukwani" ??. .every single one of them. ?

Not at all.

In Delta North, there are three Igboid groups. Of these, only one group, the aniocha/oshimili are igbo.

The Ika people and the Ukwuani people are not Igbo, though there are strong similarities with igbo group, hence the term, Igboid. Unlike the Aniocha people, Ukwuani people share borders with Isoko and Urhobo people and also have a lot of Edo influence. They also speak a language that is not very intelligible to Igbo people.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by einsteine(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:

peace out...

don't be ridiculous.

Dangote put his refinery in Lagos State not Kano state. He has cement plants in Ogun and Kogi state. Coscharis sells his cars in Lagos and Port Harcourt not Nnewi.

These are business men. Ethnic considerations don't come into play for them, sorry. They leave such to the hoi polloi.

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by HomeOfMe(f): 2:20pm On May 04, 2019
BlackfireX:
It supposed to be in Lagos or kano, not in a landlocked region
So if a land is landlocked it can't progress? Why is Germany one of the richest countries in the world then. Germany is a landlocked nation,Google it.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by aniomafirstson: 3:59pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Not at all.

In Delta North, there are three Igboid groups. Of these, only one group, the aniocha/oshimili are igbo.

The Ika people and the Ukwuani people are not Igbo, though there are strong similarities with igbo group, hence the term, Igboid. Unlike the Aniocha people, Ukwuani people share borders with Isoko and Urhobo people and also have a lot of Edo influence. They also speak a language that is not very intelligible to Igbo people.

Thanks.
By your logic then Nsukka people of Enugu are not igbos because they share boundaries with igala/idoma communities
Abiriba people of abia are not igbos because they share boundaries with ekoi communities

It is normal for a community to have influence from other neighbouring communities but that doesn't mean we don't know their original stock.

11 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 4:20pm On May 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:

By your logic then Nsukka people of Enugu are not igbos because they share boundaries with igala/idoma communities
Abiriba people of abia are not igbos because they share boundaries with ekoi communities

It is normal for a community to have influence from other neighbouring communities but that doesn't mean we don't know their original stock.

My brother, they know the truth. The problem is that they hate the truth. So their only goal is to distort it as much as possible. That is the Nigerian way.

9 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by aniomafirstson: 4:30pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

don't be ridiculous.

Dangote put his refinery in Lagos State not Kano state. He has cement plants in Ogun and Kogi state. Coscharis sells his cars in Lagos and Port Harcourt not Nnewi.

These are business men. Ethnic considerations don't come into play for them, sorry. They leave such to the hoi polloi.

You can't know my people more than me.
An average Igbo denial from anioma will never invest in the southeast. Some of us don't even marry from the east.
Btw many Abbi people have no qualms with being called Igbo.

9 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by nonsobaba: 4:32pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Not at all.

Thanks.
Nothing more to add. The dunces you are trying to educate are the reason why these other tribes see Igbos as land-grabbing thieves and don't want to be associated with us even though we share a lot in common. Same with Ika.

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by cascarino(m): 4:34pm On May 04, 2019
djon78:
The owner of seplat is ABC Orjiakor
The chairman of board of seplat is Mr Ebi from Abia state, Mr Ebi i believe is among the board of Dangote group.

Avuru is just the CEO just like Akinfenwa is CEO of Forte oil and Wale Tinubu the CEO of Oando.
That Mr. Ebi is from Arondizuogu Ideato. He used to be a director in dangote group.

But I thought he's the chairman of Fidelity Bank group or does he also double as chairman of seplat energy?

He must be a successful man then if that's the case.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 4:38pm On May 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:

An average Igbo denial from anioma will never invest in the southeast. Some of us don't even marry from the east.

Bitter souls can change the history of Anioma people

Anioma people are Igbo people located primarily in Delta State, Nigeria. They are referred to as Western Igbo, being separated from the Igbo in the east by the River Niger.
They make up about one-third of Delta State and, for administrative purposes, are referred to as “Delta North,” thus contrasting Delta Central and Delta South, areas densely inhabited by the Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw, and Itsekiri, the other ethnic groups inhabiting Delta State. The Anioma region has a total population of 1,114,055, not including those Anioma communities located outside of Delta State.
The Anioma populace make up small numbers in neighbouring Edo State, specifically in Igbanke, Ozo and Ekpon. The term “Anioma” means "good land" in Igbo language and coincidentally, it is an acronym derived from the four original local government areas that make up Anioma, i.e., (A) for Aniocha, (N) for Ndokwa, (I) for Ika and (O) for Oshimili, M and A being common denominators found in the original four local government areas.

6 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by einsteine(m): 4:38pm On May 04, 2019
aniomafirstson:

Btw many Abbi people have no qualms with being called Igbo.

Who are your people?

I just passed Abbi now, on the way to Emu-Uno (if you even know where that is).

People around here understand more Isoko than even Igbo. They are Ukwuanis not Igbos. I already mentioned the names of two well known Abbi people and neither of them would consider themselves Igbo. Perhaps you are from asaba, in which case you would be right in calling yourself Igbo.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 4:39pm On May 04, 2019
cascarino:
That Mr. Ebi is from Arondizuogu Ideato. He used to be a director in dangote group.

But I thought he's the chairman of Fidelity Bank group or does he also double as chairman of seplat energy?

The Chairman of Seplat is Abc Orjiako
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by einsteine(m): 4:39pm On May 04, 2019
cascarino:

He is not the chairman of Seplat.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by cascarino(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2019
Anambralstson:

The Chairman of Seplat is Abc Orjiako
I thought as much.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by nonsobaba: 5:00pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Who are your people?

I just passed Abbi now, on the way to Emu-Uno (if you even know where that is).

People around here understand more Isoko than even Igbo. They are Ukwuanis not Igbos. I already mentioned the names of two well known Abbi people and neither of them would consider themselves Igbo. Perhaps you are from asaba, in which case you would be right in calling yourself Igbo.

Thanks.
In year one of my university days, an Ndokwa classmate and a close friend almost beat up our Igbo lecturer, one young overzealous spinster who had just gotten the job, for asking him why he couldn't read an Igbo sentence that he was asked to read. He was vibrating angrily and it took the whole department to rescue the lecturer from his venom. If only the lecturer had listened to him when he told her initially that he wasn't Igbo. God save her that day cheesy
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 5:03pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

Ignorant mind read more about Abbi clan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Anambralstson: 5:05pm On May 04, 2019
einsteine:

t.

More

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by plaindealer: 5:07pm On May 04, 2019
Funny enough, this man was born in Ipetu-Ijesha in what is now Osun state.

Going by place of birth, he's actually from Osun state.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Okoroawusa: 5:22pm On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

You just supported my claim.

If the owners weren't Igbo men, believe me, NNPC would have taken the project to the North.
He didn't support ur claim.His comment made nonsense of ur earlier bigotry filled comment.

Avuru n Orjiakor are not from the state but they chose to site their business ventures in Imo.They are simply Nigerian businessmen looking to make profits from Nigerian oil n gas sector having invested heavily in it with help from Nigerian govt through NNPC.

Grow up!
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by OreMI22: 5:35pm On May 04, 2019
djon78:

Lands in IMO and Abia were given to Rivers state. Etchie, egbema, obigbo etc, look at egbema ohaji is in IMO while another part of egbema is in Rivers state. And egbema people are Igbo's. One of my closest friend is from egbema and he explained all these things.

The plight of Igbo man in Nigeria, is like the plight of Israel when they were in Egypt.
A point came the Egyptians expected the Jews to provide raw materials and produce the bricks at the same time. But when God remembered His people Israel in Egypt, Israel plundered Egypt when they were leaving. God told Moses to instruct the children of Israel to demand gold from Egyptians and through that means they plundered Egypt. I remember listening to one Bishop T D Jakes message on this Israel ordeal in Egypt, he said, Israel got her reward for the 400years they served Egypt when they were leaving by demanding for gold. He said it was the sweat of Israel's 400years slavery.

The same way justice and equity is trampled under in Nigeria, but God in heaven knows how to give everyone His reward.
If you marginalize, God knows how to balance the score.

While quoting the scripture and saying God this and God that, we should remember that freedom is not free and has NEVER been free.

Freedom often involves some type of struggle. Therefore, those talking freedom and dreaming for God to do the hard work of struggling for them should wake up!

We must FIGHT for our freedom. How we do it, when we do it and where we do it will be a mark of our genius. But to do it, WE MUST!

Above all, if we resolve for an armed struggle someday, it MUST be totally an offensive armed struggle and NOT a defensive struggle as was the case of Biafra. You must capture your enemy's territory and capital to defeat him. You don't wait in the bush around your village hoping to win a struggle.

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by djon78(m): 9:54pm On May 04, 2019
OreMI22:

While quoting the scripture and saying God this and God that, we should remember that freedom is not free and has NEVER been free.

Freedom often involves some type of struggle. Therefore, those talking freedom and dreaming for God to do the hard work of struggling for them should wake up!

We must FIGHT for our freedom. How we do it, when we do it and where we do it will be a mark of our genius. But to do it, WE MUST!

Above all, if we resolve for an armed struggle someday, it MUST be totally an offensive armed struggle and NOT a defensive struggle as was the case of Biafra. You must capture your enemy's territory and capital to defeat him. You don't wait in the bush around your village hoping to win a struggle.

And you want to fight war in this present world Armed struggle can never get you anything. Rather economic emancipation will get it for you.
Igbo's have inexhaustible availability of vast human resources, not just in Nigeria but around the world. even Nigeria understands our potential. But we do have a big weakness??
Ability in Harnessing this vast human resources. Channeling it for purposeful benefits.
I don't even believe we separate from Nigeria, want we are even saying is justice, equity, making Nigeria work for everyone.

We should first start having visionary leaders/governors with vision to overhaul the economy of South East. Oils economic prowess will be gone in the coming decade, we need to start working towards that.

I don't want to start writing long epistle, but the path to development is plain. The news we ate discussing here is one of them. Developing gas reserves is a visionary move because gas is the future of energy. I quoted in my subsequent contributions that chevron recently acquired a big North America oil company for $50billion because there major priority is now gas and the company they acquired had huge gas assets. Chevron are already positioning themselves for the future. Seplat taking this initiative is a very good move and will benefit South East economy and Nigeria inclusive. Ivheard that Nestoil Ernest Azudislu is also developing huge gas assets towards Anambara. These are men that have eyes on the future,
So our focus should be deep, economic development for our region. Not war.

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by OreMI22: 10:31pm On May 04, 2019
djon78:

And you want to fight war in this present world Armed struggle can never get you anything. Rather economic emancipation will get it for you.
Igbo's have inexhaustible availability of vast human resources, not just in Nigeria but around the world. even Nigeria understands our potential. But we do have a big weakness??
Ability in Harnessing this vast human resources. Channeling it for purposeful benefits.
I don't even believe we separate from Nigeria, want we are even saying is justice, equity, making Nigeria work for everyone.

We should first start having visionary leaders/governors with vision to overhaul the economy of South East. Oils economic prowess will be gone in the coming decade, we need to start working towards that.

I don't want to start writing long epistle, but the path to development is plain. The news we ate discussing here is one of them. Developing gas reserves is a visionary move because gas is the future of energy. I quoted in my subsequent contributions that chevron recently acquired a big North America oil company for $50billion because there major priority is now gas and the company they acquired had huge gas assets. Chevron are already positioning themselves for the future. Seplat taking this initiative is a very good move and will benefit South East economy and Nigeria inclusive. Ivheard that Nestoil Ernest Azudislu is also developing huge gas assets towards Anambara. These are men that have eyes on the future,
So our focus should be deep, economic development for our region. Not war.

Oga,

War is not fun and no civilized person will ever ask for it, not the least Biafrans. However, a time will come that even the Biafrans will have no other choice left but to fight for their freedom. Mark my words.

The people with wisdom trying to avoid such a time when frustration will blow up in violence have been clamoring for restructuring, you know that it is dead on arrival in the minds of those who will not give up their right to enjoy other peoples resources and enslave them.

You spoke about "economic emancipation" as if a slave can have freedom to pursue economic emancipation. I am sorry if i offended you for being blunt, but what is true is true. You WILL NOT be allowed to have neither economic emancipation nor political emancipation by those who believe Nigeria belongs to them and you are a defeated war bounty.

War is never a choice of civilized men. But sometimes they are left with no other choice when war is thrust upon them. The British & French fervently avoided war with Hitler and so did the Russians and so did the Chinese try to avoid war with Japan. In the end, their territories were invaded and their dignity violated that they had no choice left than fight back. The Fulani herdsmen and the way the people who believe they own Nigeria operate will eventually twist everyone's arm and present you with a choice of slavery or fight for your freedom to exist as a free man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by geezyk(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2019
Princedapace:

Una hatred for igbos no be here o..

If not for all these divide and rule tactics, all these shits won't happen.
I'm not a tribal bigot and I'll never be, my best friends are Igbo and I can speak the language too.

One thing I'll say is this, Do you say because there are many igbos in Lagos, that Lagos is now and igboland?

That's what I was tryna say before he turned this into a tribal bashing of some sorts.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Ojiofor: 10:36pm On May 04, 2019
nonsobaba:
Ndokwa people are adamant that they are not Igbo. Go to Kwale, Aboh or Obiaruku and ask around. A trial will convince you.

You can take them if you wish and the most important thing in this topic is that the gas is located in Imo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Northerners Can’t Be Forced To Vote Southern President – Baba-Ahmed / Group Says No To Monetary Inducement Of Delegates, Endorses Osinbajo As Consensu / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.