Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo (15260 Views)

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by meccuno: 6:57am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:
The name of Seplat CEO, "Avuru", sounds Igbo...

Avuru, being an Igbo man must have insisted that he wants to site in his company in Imo state which the NNPC which is in partnership couldn't influence.

Aside that, Buhari, Maikantu Baru, and their co-travelers, would have sited this company in banditry ravaged Zamfara, and then spend another $100m to lay pipe that would convey the raw material.

A laudable project it is however, if it sees the light of day.

But wait a minute, I thought WASTENERS said there's no oil in Igboland and that's why we are forcing union with Niger Delta?
lol....you are just crazy.....lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by zuchyblink(m): 6:57am On May 04, 2019
Egbema gas field is the biggest in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by winterfell007(m): 6:58am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

Avuru, being an Igbo man must have insisted that he wants to site in his company in Imo state which the NNPC which is in partnership couldn't influence.

Aside that, Buhari, Maikantu Baru, and their co-travelers, would have sited this company in banditry ravaged Zamfara, and then spend another $100m to lay pipe that would convey the raw material.

But wait a minute, I thought WASTENERS said there's no oil in Igboland and that's why we are forcing union with Niger Delta?

Shut up there!! I'm igbo too. Everything should not been seen from the point of ethnicity. Learn to reason above that.
First of all I'm surprised the poster is just posting the news now. FID (final investment decision) have long been concluded since February, they've already risen some equity contributions and are about to do the (FEED)
See my friend, Federal Government since 1999 have always been concerned about the development of Nigeria gas reserves, the eastern region is replete with gas from the Anambra basin to the imo basin down to the Bayelsa. Maikanti Baru can't decide not to support because the gas is in the eastern region, he'll only be shooting himself in the foot. So relax, Nigeria wants the progress of every Nigerian

8 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Tloc(m): 7:11am On May 04, 2019
BlackfireX:
It supposed to be in Lagos or kano, not in a landlocked region

Kano is what? "Land opened". I tire.

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by chiedu7: 7:15am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Valike2008: 7:24am On May 04, 2019
Still Igbo man, OFE mmanu and Aboki will cry now, they just don't want to hear Delta is Igbo
SoNature:

He is from Delta State

3 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 7:30am On May 04, 2019
winterfell007:

Shut up there!! I'm igbo too. Everything should not been seen from the point of ethnicity. Learn to reason above that.
First of all I'm surprised the poster is just posting the news now. FID (final investment decision) have long been concluded since February, they've already risen some equity contributions and are about to do the (FEED)
See my friend, Federal Government since 1999 have always been concerned about the development of Nigeria gas reserves, the eastern region is replete with gas from the Anambra basin to the imo basin down to the Bayelsa. Maikanti Baru can't decide not to support because the gas is in the eastern region, he'll only be shooting himself in the foot. So relax, Nigeria wants the progress of every Nigerian

Could it be your brain is being ravaged by too much concentration on "Game of Thrones" Mr Igbo man?

As an Igbo man, are you saying there's never been a time when projects that should naturally be sited in the East has been taken to Kaduna?

Why is there an Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan rail line both nearing completion or completed, without such project in the East?

Why does the flight from Nigeria to China cost about 250k from any other airport in Nigeria but costs about 360k from Enugu airport?

There's deep seated grand plan against Igbo progress in this country that is glaring to all.

How you don't see it can only be associated to 8th wonder of the world.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Quality20(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2019
okorocha is working

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Quality20(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

Could it be your brain is being ravaged by too much concentration on "Game of Thrones" Mr Igbo man?

As an Igbo man, are you saying there's never been a time when projects that should naturally be sited in the East has been taken to Kaduna?

Why is there an Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan rail line both nearing completion or completed, without such project in the East?

Why does the flight from Nigeria to China cost about 250k from any other airport in Nigeria but costs about 360k from Enugu airport?

There's deep seated grand plan against Igbo progress in this country that is glaring to all.

shebi una say na GEJ start d kaduna n Lagos rail? why didn't he as well start biafra rail so that buhari can complete it?
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 7:40am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

The bolded is what they use to deceive non-igbos in the so called south south
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 7:41am On May 04, 2019
Quality20:
shebi una say na GEJ start d kaduna n Lagos rail? why didn't he as well start biafra rail so that buhari can complete it?

Shebi we say?

Or that that's what it is?
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Nwaotu10(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2019
I thought they said Igbo's don't have oil? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 7:45am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

You just supported my claim.

If the owners weren't Igbo men, believe me, NNPC would have taken the project to the North.

Anambra and Imo state are about to be a Major Gas hub in the next 5 years.

Nestoil is building a major pipeline towards okija while Seplat and Shell are working on two different gas projects in Imo state.

I wonder if there is any company working on the Gas reserves in Abia State.

5 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 7:47am On May 04, 2019
Nwaotu10:
I thought they said Igbo's don't have oil? grin grin

They can say all the want but their hatred will never change the reality on the ground.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 7:51am On May 04, 2019
zuchyblink:
Egbema gas field is the biggest in Africa

Egbema is gas reserve is massive.

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 7:54am On May 04, 2019
winterfell007:

Which country do you live in? Your comment need some serious dose of reality about Nigeria. In your desperation to defend Nigeria, your write up sounded like a fairytale to me. Which Nigeria are you really talking about?

13 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 7:56am On May 04, 2019
Anambralstson:
A total of $700 million is expected to be raised by the duo of Seplat Petroleum Development Company and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for a gas project scheduled to commence production in 2020.

According to Bloomberg, the gas plant, Assa North-Ohaji South, is being constructed to reduce Nigeria’s reliance on oil.

ANOH Gas Processing Company, which is owned by Seplat Plc and the Nigerian Gas Company, a unit of NNPC, will develop, build and operate the plant in Imo State.

Nigeria is Africa’s biggest producer of crude oil, but the new project is one of seven to boost gas production and infrastructure development in the country.

“Seplat and Nigerian Gas will provide 60 percent of the funds as equity, while ANOH will source the balance as debt,” Bloomberg reports.

“Both parties already have each contributed $100 million in equity.

“There will be another equity injection and at the back end of it will be debt,” the respected journal quoted the CEO of Seplat, Mr Austin Avuru, as saying in an interview on Wednesday in Lagos.

According to him, the plant, which will process wet gas from the unitized upstream fields at OML 53 and OML 21, has an initial capacity of 300 million standard cubic feet per day. It’s scheduled to begin production by the last quarter of 2020 and the first supply is targeted in 2021.

Nigeria’s government is encouraging investments in gas infrastructure to improve supplies to power companies and diversify the economy away from oil, which currently accounts for the bulk of revenue.

ANOH will target local customers and has the capacity to double production “depending on domestic demand and the availability of feeds including third-party gas,” Avuru said.

Lagos-based Seplat, meanwhile, will more than double capital spending to $200 million this year from 2018 as it seeks to take advantage of “relative stability’’ in the Niger Delta region, he said. “If Niger Delta is stable, the rest is easy for us to handle.’’

The firm, which is listed on the London and Nigerian exchanges, will spend about 70 percent of its capital budget on drilling after a three-year lull, Avuru said. The rest will be for “facilities and gas development.”

Seplat is targeting output of 49,000 to 52,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day this year and “will probably start seeing a gradual increase in production’’ from next year on sustained expenditure and stability in the delta, he said.

https://businesspost.ng/2019/04/12/seplat-nnpc-to-establish-700m-gas-plant-in-imo/

We have been hearing those kinda things since 1900
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by TRAVEL101(m): 8:00am On May 04, 2019
Nice one...
Development is gradually Coming to imo state

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 8:01am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

Don’t mind him. I hate pretentious people especially igbos that deny glaring injustice just to look neutral and accepted by so called Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by kingzizzy: 8:06am On May 04, 2019
Anambralstson:

Austin Avuru is from Abbi, in Ndokwa Delta State. SEPLAT co-founder is ABC Orjiakor, SEPLAT is leading IOC company is Nigeria, listed in London Stock market

ABC Orjiakor is actually a medical Doctor who went into the oil business and abandoned medicine. Now he is multi billionaire.

The power of money

10 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Customer80: 8:09am On May 04, 2019
horsepower101:

Anambra and Imo state are about to be a Major Gas hub in the next 5 years.

Nestoil is building a major pipeline towards okija while Seplat and Shell are working on two different gas projects in Imo state.

I wonder if there is any company working on the Gas reserves in Abia State.
oilserve is in ukwa west abia state but I don't know what they are building

5 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Rapidpolystyren(m): 8:10am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

a gas production plant can only be sited where there is gas. Avuru is delta Igbo

8 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by ushafe(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2019
Awol1:

Igbo land contain more of gas deposit than oil

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 8:14am On May 04, 2019
Customer80:
oilserve is in ukwa west abia state but I don't know what they are building

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by tsfisheriesm: 8:15am On May 04, 2019
Anambralstson:
ASSA North, Imo state is very rich with gas, shell also investing heavily in ASSA NORTH GAS PROJECT

https://www.shell.com.ng/media/2018-media-releases/spdc-announces-fid-on-assa-north-gas-project.html
SPDC ANNOUNCES FID ON ASSA NORTH GAS PROJECT - TARGETS 300 MILLION CUBIC FEET GAS FOR DOMESTIC MARKET

The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) has announced the Final Investment Decision (FID) on the Assa North Gas Development Project in Imo State, a major momentum to the domestic gas aspiration of the Federal Government for increased power generation and industrialisation.
osagie okunbor
Mr. Osagie Okunbor Country Chair of Shell Companies in Nigeria & Managing Director, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC)
At peak production, the project is expected to produce 300 million standard cubic feet of gas per day and will be treated at SPDC JV’s Gas Processing Facility and distributed through the Obiafu-Obrikom-Oben pipeline network.

The Managing Director of SPDC and Country Chair, Shell Companies in Nigeria, Mr. Osagie Okunbor, who disclosed this on Sunday noted that the project would be a major game-changer in Nigeria’s quest for energy sufficiency and economic growth. “This is good news for the SPDC JV and Nigeria as we look to grow the domestic market and optimise our onshore footprints.”

Okunbor said, “The project is key to driving the Federal Government of Nigeria’s ambition of marching away from a mono-economy through diverse industrial growth. It is premier amongst the Seven Critical Gas Projects initiative led by the Ministry of Petroleum and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Their integrated focus, support and drive were instrumental to this investment decision.”

Okunbor added that the SPDC JV would continue to explore other areas of support for the expansion of domestic gas supply and continue to make investments under the right conditions.

SPDC’s Director and General Manager Projects, Mr. Toyin Olagunju, said the Assa North project would be a significant contribution to GDP growth in Imo State and across Nigeria as the gas produced will be utilised in-country across diverse industries, while providing economic opportunities for local communities.
Just three weeks ago, the SPDC JV signed a gas supply and aggregation agreement with Geometric Power Aba Limited (GPAL) for the supply of about 43million standard cubic feet of gas per day to support the 140MW Aba Integrated Power plant at Ossisioma in Abia State.
By the agreement, SPDC will supply gas from the SPDC joint venture gas plant in Imo River traversing Abia and Rivers States to the power producer, GPAL, via a gas pipeline network which is already installed.

SPDC is the operator of a Joint Venture involving the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), which holds 55%; Shell 30%; Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (TEPNG)10%; and Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) 5%.
Ohaji IMO state has the largest gas deposit in Africa

3 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by djon78(m): 8:32am On May 04, 2019
Gas is the future, it is clean energy
That's why most IOCs are investing massively in gas field development around the world.
Chevron recently made an acquisition of a big oil company in north America for ,$50 billion, because the company they acquired had huge gas assets, one of the biggest in that region.

Its good local oil company is investing in our gas fields. IMO has gas in huge abundance Abia and Anambra also have good reserves adding the ones in Niger Delta.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe 15th Posthumous Birthday: Anambra Declares Monday Public Holiday / ASUU Report On Pantami’s Fraudfessorship By Farooq Kperogi / Those Fighting Peter Obi Never Had Sense – Rev. Dr. Kelvin Ugwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.