Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo (15262 Views)

FG Completes $700m Gas Pipeline In March After Eight Years / Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by tinz: 11:12pm On May 04, 2019
Thank God, my community is now coming to limelight. But more need be done in terms of electricity and road. 30 yrs and still counting, not electricity and good medical hospital

1 Like

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Princedapace(m): 12:38am On May 05, 2019
geezyk:
I'm not a tribal bigot and I'll never be, my best friends are Igbo and I can speak the language too.

One thing I'll say is this, Do you say because there are many igbos in Lagos, that Lagos is now and igboland?

That's what I was tryna say before he turned this into a tribal bashing of some sorts.

Personally, I don't think any serious minded person will say Lagos is igboland.. How many igbos dey Lagos sef?

Some of those comments are simply funny. And shouldn't be taken seriously..

But one thing many yorubas have failed to understand is this : Lagos was the FG capital of the country and the common wealth of the entire country was used to build it just as our common wealth is been used to build abuja.

Every country has a business hub. Not just Nigeria. But why do we want to use tribal sentiments to kill our selves and cry when whites racially abuse us?

It doesnt make sense to Me

4 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Warship: 1:15am On May 05, 2019
nonsobaba:
In year one of my university days, an Ndokwa classmate and a close friend almost beat up our Igbo lecturer, one young overzealous spinster who had just gotten the job, for asking him why he couldn't read an Igbo sentence that he was asked to read. He was vibrating angrily and it took the whole department to rescue the lecturer from his venom. If only the lecturer had listened to him when he told her initially that he wasn't Igbo. God save her that day cheesy

Cooked up story.

Interesting Nollywood write up

8 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Warship: 1:20am On May 05, 2019
OreMI22:

While quoting the scripture and saying God this and God that, we should remember that freedom is not free and has NEVER been free.

Freedom often involves some type of struggle. Therefore, those talking freedom and dreaming for God to do the hard work of struggling for them should wake up!

We must FIGHT for our freedom. How we do it, when we do it and where we do it will be a mark of our genius. But to do it, WE MUST!

Above all, if we resolve for an armed struggle someday, it MUST be totally an offensive armed struggle and NOT a defensive struggle as was the case of Biafra. You must capture your enemy's territory and capital to defeat him. You don't wait in the bush around your village hoping to win a struggle.

EOD

End of Discussion.

You nailed it

That is why IPOB must take war preparation very serious.

3 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Warship: 1:28am On May 05, 2019
OreMI22:

Oga,

War is not fun and no civilized person will ever ask for it, not the least Biafrans. However, a time will come that even the Biafrans will have no other choice left but to fight for their freedom. Mark my words.

The people with wisdom trying to avoid such a time when frustration will blow up in violence have been clamoring for restructuring, you know that it is dead on arrival in the minds of those who will not give up their right to enjoy other peoples resources and enslave them.

You spoke about "economic emancipation" as if a slave can have freedom to pursue economic emancipation. I am sorry if i offended you for being blunt, but what is true is true. You WILL NOT be allowed to have neither economic emancipation nor political emancipation by those who believe Nigeria belongs to them and you are a defeated war bounty.

War is never a choice of civilized men. But sometimes they are left with no other choice when war is thrust upon them. The British & French fervently avoided war with Hitler and so did the Russians and so did the Chinese try to avoid war with Japan. In the end, their territories were invaded and their dignity violated that they had no choice left than fight back. The Fulani herdsmen and the way the people who believe they own Nigeria operate will eventually twist everyone's arm and present you with a choice of slavery or fight for your freedom to exist as a free man.

One bottle of cold Heineken for you.

djon78, the moniker I quoted spoke the complete truth.

A time is coming when the Igbos will have no choice but to fight.

Unfortunately, MASSOB and now IPOB do not want to face this reality and prepare for it.

My advice to fellow Biafrans is to use our technological gifts to prepare for war because it must surely come since Miyetti Allah has vowed that, no Igbo person will ever rule Nigeria.

The reason God blessed us with technological prowess is for that time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by nengibo: 7:42am On May 05, 2019
aniomafirstson:

By your logic then Nsukka people of Enugu are not igbos because they share boundaries with igala/idoma communities
Abiriba people of abia are not igbos because they share boundaries with ekoi communities

It is normal for a community to have influence from other neighbouring communities but that doesn't mean we don't know their original stock.
If Abiriba was in Akwaibom believe me they would claim non Igbo, state creation goes long way in determining ethnic alignment

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by 400billionman: 10:05am On May 05, 2019
I am seriously thinking of opening an Oil and Gas company.
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Xander85: 11:14am On May 05, 2019
Warship:

Cooked up story.

Interesting Nollywood write up

Dude has a vivid imagination...i’ll say that much for him! wink

2 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by Freshmaxi: 1:15pm On May 07, 2019
Seplat is From Anambra state.. ABC orjiakor.. Not delta pls..
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by geraob1: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
How a business thread went quickly Into a tribal argument is really shocking. Even the so called youths are not left out in this rubbish
Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by asha80(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Xander85:
Some years back, there was this report of Shell planning to build a giant gas plant in Egbema (i think it was Egbema). The MD of the coy then visited Rochas in Owerri at the time. Is it still in the pipeline, or has it been cancelled?
I noticed nobody answered your question here ..well here it is

https://africabusinesscommunities.com/news/shell-nigeria-targets-equivalent-of-2400mw-electricity-from-new-gas-supply-project/

https://amehnews.com/shell-to-produce-600m-standard-cubic-feet-of-gas-per-day-from-assa-north-ohaji-south-gas-project/

3 Likes

Re: Seplat, NNPC To Establish $700m Gas Plant In Imo by horsepower101: 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Northerners Can’t Be Forced To Vote Southern President – Baba-Ahmed / Presidency: Kalu Said He Will Consider Contesting If APC Zones Ticket To SE / Kashim Shettima Visits Ovie Omo-Agege (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.