Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) (37334 Views)

Kenyan Man Sets Himself Ablaze Inside His Car After Wife Failed To Return Home / Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers After Wife Flaunted Cash On Facebook. Photos / Man Kills Himself After Wife Gave Birth To New Baby In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by dre11(m): 12:48am On May 06, 2019
◗ I did no wrong telling him the truth – Wife

◗ She never told me she’s another man’s wife – Lover

Linus Oota, Lafia

It is the stuff that nightmares are made of. Your wife of 14 years, with whom you have sought to have a child for a long time and with whom you have earnestly prayed for it, suddenly turns to you one day and breaks the good news you’ve been hoping for: that she is pregnant. All of a sudden, you find yourself pregnant too with joy and hope. You find yourself dancing for joy.

You went with her through the morning sickness, the complaints of pain and nausea. On the night of delivery you went with her to hospital, you stayed with her in the labour room encouraging and praying for her. The expected baby finally arrives and it turned out to be a boy. You called your friends and relations to break to them the good news.

On the day of his naming ceremony, you decided to paint the town red. You organized a befitting feast for relations and friends. You carried the baby in your arms as you had always done since he was born, as you went through the procedures of the naming proper. But after all that dancing and rejoicing, after all the festivities, suddenly, you are told that the child you had all along thought to have sired, that you had celebrated, in a big way, with friends and well-wishers, on his arrival, is actually not yours but belongs to another man.

The story in a nutshell

How do you handle such shocking news? For a 43-year-old Jukun man called Abu Shoja, a resident of Gubbo community in Awe local government Area, there was no other way to handle such heartbreaking and shameful news than to commit suicide. And, that was what he, a big-time farmer, did when he hanged himself recently when he found out that other members of the community had gone to tend their farms, leaving nobody at home to stop him in his track. His dream of being called a proud father of a baby after 14 years of waiting was shattered recently when his wife told him in plain language that he is not the father of their three-months-old baby boy.

The incident has thrown members of his family into deep mourning as they struggle to come to terms with what had happened. His younger brother, Audu, said he started fearing for senior brother’s life when he noticed that he was depressed and withdrawn after the woman left him, together with the new born baby. But no one envisaged that it would get to the level of him taking his life on account of that.

Abu’s death came as it dawned on him that his wife, Naomi had not only been unfaithful to him, but revealed that her three months old new born baby belongs to another man, one Moses Orhi, a commercial motorcycle operator, popularly called Okada, whom she said she prefers to spend the rest of her life with. She told our correspondent that she did that to get a child, not minding the consequence because she and her husband were unable to get a child during their 14-year marriage. She accused her husband of not taking positive steps to address the issue.

According to her, she met Moses in Awe town and together they hit it off in love affair. Two or three months into the affair, she became pregnant for the man. But her husband thinking that he was responsible, got the whole community to celebrate the arrival of the baby with fanfare. Five months after delivery, the woman told the husband that she want to travel to Lafia on the pretext of needing urgent medical attention. But instead, she proceeded to Benue State and from there to Taraba in the company of Moses. It was from there that she put a call through to her husband to give him the heartbreaking news: that he is not the father of the newborn baby, and that she has returned the baby to his biological father.

Abu’s narrative before he committed suicide

Abu who narrated the story to our correspondent in Lafia five days before he committed suicide said he was overwhelmed with emotion when his wife broke the sad news to him: that a child he thought was his, a child he had carried in the crooks of his arms two months ago, with happiness and relief and great assurances that he would make a wonderful father to is no longer his, in fact, was never his, in the first place.

He recalled with great anguish and bitterness how his wife left home for Lafia under the pretext of going to hospital only to call and inform him later that he is not the father of the child and that she has decided to return the child to the rightful owner.

“To say I am devastated is an understatement,” he said. “Truth is, there are no words adequate enough to describe the loss I feel, after suffering from infertility for more than 10 years. Finally, I thought I was a dad to the new born baby. I lived with the pains of the new born baby pregnancy and I was there at his birth. It was the most incredible moment of my life. That night, I rang friends and relatives to break to them the good news. I never knew I was celebrating some body’s else blood. When this woman told me she has missed her period, I was happy and told her that she was only worried about going to the hospital and that God would do it at the appropriate time. And, truly he did it, though in the last one year, I had suspected this woman and her activities in Awe town. My spirit kept telling me something was wrong with her consistency in Awe but I allowed God to handle the situation.

“When the child came, I was happy and made it known that God has finally answered my prayers. Now, to find out that he is not really mine has been a huge loss, it is akin to bereavement; it is only that the grief is twisted, even magnified, because he is not dead. It pains me to know that I am no longer a father, to know that I’m left, not only with a bleak chasm of loss but also an enormous sense of betrayal. This woman knew from day one that I am not responsible for the pregnancy. Her delivery was the proudest moment of my life. Today, there is no usual cry of a baby in my house.”

Naomi’s side of the sad story

When our correspondent later got the phone number of his wife and called her, she confirmed her husband’s statement. “Yes, he is my husband but he is not the father of my son, that is the truth and I can’t hide it from him,” she said. “We stayed together as husband and wife for 14 years without a child. I did everything humanly possible for us to go to the hospital but he refused and his only excuse is that God would bring a child at the appropriate time. The truth is that we never had any sexual intercourse during the period I took in, so what made him think he is the father?”

Giving an insight into how she got pregnant for another man, she said: “In the course of my fish business, I met one young man by the name Moses. He toasted me and against all odds, I agreed and submitted myself to him. But before I did that, we carried out an HIV test. Both of us were negative and from there, we bonded skin to skin. During this period, I made sure that my husband did not even see my pants. I wanted to taste another man to know where the problem is. I almost relocated to Awe because Moses was actually giving me the necessary satisfaction and in less than three months, he was able to impregnate me.”

Asked why she should break such a sad news in what was supposed to be her husband’s happiest moment, she replied: “It was better I tell him this early because I am no longer interested in the marriage. If he wants, let him to go to court and I will bring the child for the DNA test to prove that what I am saying is the truth: that the man never slept with me during that period. So it is not possible for him to be responsible for the pregnancy and the child subsequently. As I talk to you, me and Moses have left Nasarawa State already.

We are not within again.” Talking about his lover’s financial state, she said: “no matter how poor he is, I prefer to stay with him.”

Her lover’s tale

Naomi linked our correspondent with Moses who he discovered to be not too happy with the situation either, or rather, to be caught between different emotions. “I only got to know that the woman was somebody’s wife when she delivered,” he said over the phone. “I couldn’t have toasted somebody’s wife. What she told me was that she lost her husband nine years ago. She only told me the real story eight months into her pregnancy. I became afraid for my life and left Awe. Right now, I am in Jalingo, Taraba State, but the woman and my son are in Zaki Biam, in Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State, but they will soon join me when the current crisis in the area has subsided.”

Talking about the situation, he said: “I blame her seriously for misleading me into sleeping with her. I never knew she was somebody’s wife but now that I know, as soon as my son grows up, I will discharge her back to her husband place. I won’t marry her but I can’t allow my own blood to go. I am the biological father of the boy and I have taken him. It is unfortunate but there is nothing I can do.”

Audu Shoja’s take on the incident

Five days after Shoja’s heartbreaking rendition of the incident he reportedly hanged himself after everybody in the community had gone to farm. Confirming this ugly development in a chat with our correspondent, his younger brother, Audu Shoja wondered aloud: “it is unfortunate that he decided to kill himself because of a woman. What is the big deal there if a woman tells you that you are not the father of her son? So be it and move on. He claims to be a man of God but look at what he has done!

“Since this thing happened, I have been advising him to let it go that he is not the only person. It has happened to many people and they have moved on. He looked so worried since the issue happened. Every day I would advise him to calm down and forget about the woman. But since he feels killing himself is the solution to the whole problem, so be it. We will make arrangement and bury him immediately. That is all I can say, thank you.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/sad-so-sad/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by TANID(m): 12:58am On May 06, 2019
Hmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Nealson(m): 1:11am On May 06, 2019
what a world shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by iammo(m): 1:29am On May 06, 2019
shocked

Painful waste of life,

The society, especially women needs to start understanding that Men are actually more Emotionaly and Pschologically fragile, just because of strong muscle it doesnt mean strong heart or mind..

Look at the torture teebills went through silently, similar to what churchil and Somadina Reginal nwoko's ex are going through with the society not giving a damn untill they go.violent or jump off a bridge

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by tungamaje: 5:06am On May 06, 2019
This is the problem with 'Abuja marriage'. Don't get confused, they are boyfriend and girlfriend and can part ways any moment. I don't think they are husband and wife. Chances of such an incident happening in a legal marriage (going to the parents to pay dowry) are very slim. My opinion though, may be because I am Igbo

50 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by dingbang(m): 5:36am On May 06, 2019
Some women dont have sense. Thats why sense is a must requirement if I want to marry

9 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Hector09(m): 6:17am On May 06, 2019
Weak men everywhere, is she d only woman on earth

6 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by faithfull18(f): 7:23am On May 06, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by DREagon(m): 7:43am On May 06, 2019
The rate of suicide in this country is alarming, but Satan wouldn't mind their stories when giving them hot lashes in hell fire,

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by columbus007(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2019
So he now took to a rope cheesy,what a way to really end it.
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by grandstar(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2019
The man knew he was sterile and that's why he refused to go with the wife to a hospital for tests.

That was why he was overjoyed when the wife conceived and delivered a child. He was over the moon with happiness. However, the news that the child wasn't ended the fantasy and brought him back to the reality that he was sterile

He couldn't live with the deception but most importantly with the shame, the indignity and the powerlessness to change things. He now decided to call it quits with this world.

You didn't sleep with a woman yet she conceived and after delivery, you painted the town red. Who was following who?

The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves

Sleep in peace. Au revoir (Read Ecclesiastes 9:5,10)

31 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by ainas247: 9:45am On May 06, 2019
The people that commit suicides.
do they know they are going to hell?
the place that is worse than whatever situation you
are facing right now...

Dominate Google page one with
your business now

3 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by morikee: 9:45am On May 06, 2019
The order of the day Suicide
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Sirpaul(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2019
women!
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by EternalBeing: 9:46am On May 06, 2019
Never bow down, never give in, never give up to trials of Life. They were there and they know how indescribably awesome eternal Life is, so Satan and his demons orchestrate stagnancy and discouragement for every man day and night to stop us from trusting our CREATOR. From Pope to Mecca Sunni Imam, to President, to you and me, we are all facing the "troubles of this Life". Your life here is just a rehearsal to know whether your spirit could be broken or if your are strong enough to live forever. Most don't really know the true meaning of "only the strongest survives". Only the strongest don't bow, only the strongest shall live forever. Some threw away their humanness for animalism and kill others in other to "survive", but they still die at last. To truly survive is be unconquered by the trials of this current life and to enter into our awaiting eternal Life. Have you ever seen promotion without examination? Many think it is shame that make people to commit suicide, no! It is not shame but Pride. Of a truth, it is not shame. It is pride that would make one to subconsciously think "Oh, this is too shameful for a Whole Me! I'm too ME to face this shame, I'll rather kill myself than put up with this shame" We Christians claim to be children of Abraham father of Faith, but we omit the fact that he had to prove his irreversible loyalty and unconquerable love for God, by waiting on HIM for 100 years. He proved that he loves God more that every other thing. Trust GOD that created us all, Heaven celebrates those that don't give in to seduction of demons. Pride made Satan to choose eternal destination, same Pride (people are looking at me, I have to prevent this shame) make people to self-destruct by leaving ALMIGHTY GOD that created them to seek other gods or by committing suicide. Revelations 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer" Jesus promised that "he that endures to the end shall be given a crown of glory, and eternal Life."

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by OhiOfIhima: 9:47am On May 06, 2019
The Holy book of Almighty Allah has stated that who that find wife has found good tin but reverse is the case if u are unfortunately find another man's wife. The finder is doom n casted for life.

May Allah give us the one moulded fr our curved ribs. Amin.

5 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Nolongthing3669: 9:47am On May 06, 2019
I need Summary of all this
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by SEONaijaExpert: 9:48am On May 06, 2019
I don't like news like this, makes men look like weaklings

That story is too long to read for a man that chose suicide over hope.

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by lonelydora: 9:48am On May 06, 2019
Nonsense coward. He's a disgrace to manhood.

Suicide is never an option
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Raheemzee(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2019
Y
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Nobody: 9:48am On May 06, 2019
Beware of they that killeth Kings.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Jokerman(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2019
So you decided to go to hell fire and the same woman will repent one day, move on and probably make heaven??

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by keepingmum: 9:49am On May 06, 2019
All these manipulative men. You know you are sterile. You can NEVER father a child yet you choose to hide it from your wife.
You watch her going through shame and mockery from your people and the judges and judginas of the country yet never spoke up.

Now you are angry she refused to continue 'covering" your shame by making the world feel you are the "man" and shes the one with the problem when she gets pregnant.......oga, hope suicide was worth it

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by emeijeh(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2019
This life, is beautiful
Where everything seems to be falling aparrrrt
The more you get, the more you feel sad.
Oh this lifeeeeee
Wherever it leads, we must follow o oooo
This life
No matter what you do,
You'll be gone someday.
This life, oh this life
IS REAL!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by Amuocha: 9:49am On May 06, 2019
Buhari sef sad

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by vincentjk(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2019
Hmm
Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by bettercreature(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
I don't like news like this, makes men look like weaklings
He was probably an idiot,Alaafin of Oyo who happened to be 85 years produced like 9 children in the last 2 years while this idiot killed himself because of one child

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide After Wife Tells Him He Didn't Father Their Only Son (pics) by bilo1(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2019
Damn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 29 Internet Fraud Suspects In Owerri / Ghanaian Man Caught With 3 Stolen Live Chickens Hidden In His Pants (video) / Notorious Female Fraudster Arrested In Ghana After 9 Months On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.