Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi (1095 Views)

Sex Is Overrated - Writing From Experience. (Pictures) / Keeping Your Penis In One Place Will Solve 50% Of All Your Problems - Pharmacist / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by EmagNig(m): 3:59pm On May 06, 2019
Nigerian entrepreneur, Akin Alabi, in a motivational piece on his twitter page, has written that marriage is overrated and it should be the least of a man’s problems.

While decrying the rate at which many people prioritize marriage, Akin Alabi mentioned there are many more important things to achieve in life and marriage should only be the icing on the cake after all the achievements have been grabbed.

He wrote:

Your friend graduates with a first class. You shrugged it off. She got a great job. You were neutral. She posted a holiday picture with her colleagues. You didn’t even take a second look. But when she got proposed to, you started jumping up and down excitedly.

For you, all the progress she made all these years are “normal”. This is the ultimate. She has found a husband. You now like every post. You comment congratulations and go girl on every picture. To you, that is the only thing that matters. She has a man and must hold him tight.

This is the kind of behavior and attitude that fuels patriarchy. Nigerian men know that for most women, their ultimate life ambition is getting married so they see themselves as gold. They see themselves as the vessel of happiness for women.

Many males do not know that because you have a penis, you don’t automatically become a man. Unfortunately, most women don’t agree. Any man is a man. Dirty, irresponsible, vile, violent… doesn’t matter. They say, at least I have a man.

I am not going to train my daughter to see marriage as the most important thing. I will let her value, health, education, career, finances and other things over marriage. Finding a good man as partner forever will be an icing for her and not the cake itself. She is the cake.

https://lailasnews.com/marriage-is-overrated-should-be-least-of-your-problems-akin-alabi/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by TrollKiller(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2019
This is very true. A Nigerian guy shouldn't rush into marriage.
The ones who wanna rush us are the ladies.
Some Nigerian girls goal is to marry, sit at home all day, colleck Preeq from an already tired working hubby, born all over the place and get fat.

I stand to be corrected

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by LuciferKoran: 4:19pm On May 06, 2019
I don't get it.

Is he saying pocohantas should stop getting herself worked up or what?

*spits angry

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 06, 2019
very true from the male perspective but even with that even if you train your daughter to value all these things..the female desire to get a man of her own to protect and give her a child is high and very important .....female logic and reality is different from the above

in my opinion, i hate the idea of a female owning me ..i need to be free to do what i like and be creative..marriage is not a priority to me, i can have kids if i want..my priority in this world is to build and have something i can see and be happy for

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by faithfull18(f): 5:36pm On May 06, 2019
OK, his opinion.
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 06, 2019
Marriage is over rated, we don't need more human beings, resources are depleting fast and old men don't want to step down from positions meant for the young and active.
Believe it or not birthrate is on the up rise in Nigeria because of background and traditional beliefs about having children

Personally I don't see no point in marriage than it being a means to continue one's bloodline (which is selfish if you ask me).

For the average man.. you suffer to get an education, job then suffer to get a wife ( it's not easy choosing the right mate, except you're lucky) then suffer to build a home, suffer again to send children to school, where's the enjoyment sad old age you're tired and retired and to me that ain't enjoyment, live life to the fullest, you only live once, society has so blinded people

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, so don't quote me like I offended you, just airing my point of view

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by babyfaceafrica: 7:16pm On May 06, 2019
I agree....marriage should be the last thing on a hustling guys mind?....if you marry before you are successful.... your wife will cheat on you with someone who has more money,fame,power ...than you.. men be guided!,!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:42pm On May 06, 2019
Marriage! Marriage!! Marriage!!!!!! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:42pm On May 06, 2019
Marriage! Marriage!! Marriage!!!!!! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by Biglittlelois(f): 10:15pm On May 06, 2019
Lol
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 08, 2019
Debramaye:
Marriage is over rated, we don't need more human beings, resources are depleting fast and old men don't want to step down from positions meant for the young and active.
Believe it or not birthrate is on the up rise in Nigeria because of background and traditional beliefs about having children

Personally I don't see no point in marriage than it being a means to continue one's bloodline (which is selfish if you ask me).

For the average man.. you suffer to get an education, job then suffer to get a wife ( it's not easy choosing the right mate, except you're lucky) then suffer to build a home, suffer again to send children to school, where's the enjoyment sad old age you're tired and retired and to me that ain't enjoyment, live life to the fullest, you only live once, society has so blinded people

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, so don't quote me like I offended you, just airing my point of view

Seriously.

Human society (especially in the 3rd world) is so messed up that I don't understand why anyone would want to subject creatures as helpless and guileless as children to the risks human beings have created and are currently coping with.

I really don't see the reason why Africans are fixated on having as many children as possible. Maybe all they are crazy about is the sex and they just use 'tradition' to cover up grin
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by Nobody: 4:06am On May 09, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Seriously.

Human society (especially in the 3rd world) is so messed up that I don't understand why anyone would want to subject creatures as helpless and guileless as children to the risks human beings have created and are currently coping with.

I really don't see the reason why Africans are fixated on having as many children as possible. Maybe all they are crazy about is the sex and they just use 'tradition' to cover up grin
I know right, and don't they use contraceptives or sum? Those are cheaper than having children honestly
Re: Marriage Is Overrated, Should Be Least Of Your Problems – Akin Alabi by rokoto1986(m): 7:25am On May 09, 2019
AKIN ALABI UR FATHER..... AFTER U AND DAT UR WIFE DUN CHANGE PEOPLE'S DESTINY 4 BAD. U DEY HERE DEY ABUSE MARRIAGE. U ROSE TO FAME WITH D HELP OF UR WIFE DAT STOOD BY U EVEN IN THE TIME OF LITTLE AND MADE U SO MUCH CASH, NA U DEY DISCOURAGE YOUNG PEOPLE. GOD SHLD PUNISH HIM

(1) (Reply)

Man Kicks Out Lady From Hotel For Refusing To Have Sex After Eating His Money / To The Ladies: Will You Like To Marry A Virgin? / Lady Reveals How She Caught Her Gay Friend Sleeping With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.