Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos (39718 Views)

The Victorious 1980 Green Eagles Team / Femi Otedola Pays Peter Fregene's Medical Bill / Super Eagles Goalkeeper Francis Uzoho Wishes Son A Happy 17th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by peteruuu(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2019
TuborTee143:
My brethren, while serving Nigeria, use ya head oo.
This part got me bro. And not just Nigeria, but while serving 'anyone!'

1 Like

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by chigo5(m): 9:46am On May 07, 2019
beejayphako:
This baba is still putting on Green undecided
Nigeria is not worth risking all for, I swear
Even though this people might have been reckless or careless with what they made in there hay days, atleast, it shouldnt have been incessant. That shows the country isnt worth giving one's all . So pathetic
football den no Dey pay as Now, besides he no play outside
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by michlins(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2019
When these people are actively playing, they squander their savings on women only to blame government and Nigerians from abandonment. It's already enough please

2 Likes

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by BabaO2: 9:48am On May 07, 2019
Why the sentiment about the ex this ex that, celebrity this celebrity that? While they were active, they used the fortunate position to oppress the masses, and they were heavily paid in Nigeria context above common Nigerians. Nothing should be so special about this people irrespective of position they found themselves. Segun Odegbami is a shinning example of ex players, he developed himself, today he controls billions and he is part of many decision making bodies in Nigeria today.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by bossrillboss: 9:49am On May 07, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Hahahahaha... Old man! See as he come be. grin
.Wetin cum funny nw.

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Fatheroflove(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2019
For me, the question I want to ask is this. Was he paid all his allowances while he was playing for Nigeria? If yes, I don't think they owe him much.
Everyday in our individual ways we represent this country without anybody acknowledging us I think what this country owe us is good medical facilities for everyone

2 Likes

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Frynbeq: 9:51am On May 07, 2019
This is definitely not good , the sports ministry need to check up on all our old ex sportsmen that are not doing good in life ..even though they were paid those times but it’s meagre as compare to now , they had many responsibilities then as compared to our generation’s sportsmen ... I pray for quick recovery to the man and that Our money launders “politicians” will have mercy on all Nigerians and do the needful ..

I belong to a religion that doesn’t discriminate between ethics, tribe or religion...
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by paix(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Hahahahaha... See as he come be! grin
I believe you're still high under the influence, as your moniker implies.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by makavelli80(m): 9:53am On May 07, 2019
sotall:
Very patriotic man....still on his green colors grin grin
for were? He is using it to solicit for support
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by ogongogames(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2019
sparog:
I believe he was paid when he played for Nigeria, instead of calling on the government as if the government owes him money he should appeal to well meaning Nigerians to help him...

The government doesn't owe him anything but as this has been made public I pray he gets all the help he needs from Nigerians

Get well soon Sir

Well said. Nothing more add.

1 Like

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by DJInfluence: 9:56am On May 07, 2019
ebube89:
when ppl complain of this, i wonder what civil servants who served this country for 35yrs will complain about. The truth is the country paid most of this footballers their dues earlier in life

While this may be true for the generation of footballers from mid 90´s onward. Footballers from the 70`s to early 90`s didn´t get much from the Govt. But i 100% agree with you on the civil servants though because they even paid pensions while working and hardly get anything after retirement.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by DSoj(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2019
In as much as i pity his condition and hope he gets help, the idea of saying "the country he served sounds like blackmail"

He worked and was paid for the years he worked just like civil servants many of whom are still owed Gratuities and Pensions; Including my father and mother who both served in civil service and the country for more than 35yrs each. Everyday for 35yrs.
Many other people also.

So when these footballers etc serve for probably 2/3 yrs and expect to be govt liabilities for life, what of those that served 40yrs and still being owed? Who will pay their own medical bills, house bills etc.

Well, may God heal him and send helpers but we all need help too.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Guruindahouse(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2019
This is a lesson for us the general public to learn as well, invest the little money you are earning and even save for a time like this. Any freaking thing can happen in future. Be wise while spending!

Don't waste your money on frivolities to impress people that may not give a damn when in dire need of help.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Slimguy0(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2019
I'll continue to say it for as long as I can, Leave this country if you can, the change you're looking for isn't coming anytime soon.. Leave if you can, this country don't rate you!!
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Sonfethopia: 10:07am On May 07, 2019
Nobodyperson:
I don't have any pity for an afonja angry

Hes from delta
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Charly68: 10:10am On May 07, 2019
sparog:
I believe he was paid when he played for Nigeria, instead of calling on the government as if the government owes him money he should appeal to well meaning Nigerians to help him...

The government doesn't owe him anything but as this has been made public I pray he gets all the help he needs from Nigerians

Get well soon Sir
You hit the point ..people talk as if he was not well paid while serving ,he must have failed to utilize his opportunity..

1 Like

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by akejujoe(f): 10:11am On May 07, 2019
beejayphako:
Even though this people might have been reckless or careless with what they made in there hay days, at least, it shouldnt have been incessant. That shows the country isnt worth giving one's all . So pathetic
There was no much money in football then. They played for the glory of their country.Many of them played in local clubs like stationery stores, Shooting stars, bergers and so on . They barely made enough to live on but enjoyed the glory of playing for their nation. These are real patriotic national heroes and deserve to enjoy the benefits of serving their country but unfortunately the reverse is the case.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Ikem11(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2019
If civil servants in government are paid pensions while the sports people not paid also? He served the country and did well so they should be looken after. Damn
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by JuanDeDios: 10:14am On May 07, 2019
beejayphako:
Even though this people might have been reckless or careless with what they made in there hay days, atleast, it shouldnt have been incessant. That shows the country isnt worth giving one's all . So pathetic
Please explain how this shows Nigeria isn't worth working for. If you have proof he wasn't paid his entitlements bring it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by AmazingELixir: 10:20am On May 07, 2019
undecided undecided

The country he served indeed....did he serve for free or were they not paid...if he wants to solicit for assistance he should do that and stop this age long emotional blackmail.

There's no law that obligates the country to her past sportsmen and women, what he is passing through now is nothing but evidence of planlessness.

I trust kind-hearted and well to do Nigerians will respond to him out of pathos.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Nobody: 10:21am On May 07, 2019
Oya Regina Daniels Tonto and bobdangerous come and help
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Nobody: 10:24am On May 07, 2019
Igboblog:
SEE The Devastating Condition Of Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper(Photos)

Igbere TV has been furnished with the photos of the devastating conditions of former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Peter Fregene.

Igbere TV gathered that he is currently suffering from stroke and has been forgotten by the country he served.

See photos below,

More photos here

http://igberetvnews.com/633014/see-the-devastating-condition-of-former-green-eagles-goalkeeperphotos/

What was was his plan for his old age... Government is not a charity venture
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by jadeliyi(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2019
well does the man get to this state the nff ,footballers and wellwisher should assist this man this time he needed their help
abeg i need a loan of 30k with interest with a time frame of 1 month or less.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Lordknowz: 10:27am On May 07, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Rubbish. Utter Nonsense.

What is the chemical makeup of your rubbish, all-curing herbal concoction? What dose is required for it to cure AIDS? Cure gonorrhoea? Cure stroke? How about curing madness? Over what period should it be taken?

Its not nonsense Mr man. Its the real truth. If you dont know just keep shut and keep up with the meds!
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by alexola20(m): 10:29am On May 07, 2019
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by stagger: 10:30am On May 07, 2019
Was Fregene not Peter Rufai's bestman during the former's wedding?

Surely Rufai should be spearheading the drive to help the man who was the predecessor of Emmanuel and Patrick Okala and Rufai himself.
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by airsaylongcon: 10:34am On May 07, 2019
Lordknowz:

Its not nonsense Mr man. Its the real truth. If you dont know just keep shut and keep up with the meds!

I asked you for specifics and you are waffling. What's the active(s) in your herbal medicine? What dosage strength is required? Over what time period should it be taken? And side effects or ADR?
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Lordknowz: 10:38am On May 07, 2019
airsaylongcon:

I asked you for specifics and you are waffling. What's the active(s) in your herbal medicine? What dosage strength is required? Over what time period should it be taken? And side effects or ADR?

You can meet the old women herbs sellers. They'll rell you what you neeed to know
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by etrouble: 10:42am On May 07, 2019
beejayphako:

He did not risk his life for Nigeria. Many people were dying to play for Nigeria but he was lucky to be selected. For the period that he played for Nigeria, he was paid. But, how did he spend the money he made within the period he played for Nigeria? How much did he even make then? The country is hard for everyone except looting politicians and their fronts. But, do not say he was abandoned, everyone has been abandoned by the government. Even those currently working are owed several months not to talk about former sports men.

1 Like

Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by babsthegreat: 10:42am On May 07, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Hahahahaha... Old man! See as he come be. grin
u must be very disrespectful i dont think u respect elders people u lack manners for such comment angry
Re: Peter Fregene Suffering From Stroke, Former Green Eagles Goalkeeper's New Photos by Chiefochiefo(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2019
But what actually does he want? Look at how fine his house is. Baba abeg stop disgracing ur children joor cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Adesanya Wears Enyimba Jersey (Photos) / Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today / Sunday Oliseh Slams Klopp: I’m Disappointed In You, Always Respect Your Opponent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.