Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos (38015 Views)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Asthmatic Boy Collapses As Police Invade A Church In Delta (Video) / Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheFacelessMan: 8:55pm On May 08, 2019
Octopusssy:

Keep consoling yourself. Don't go and find a job instead of spamming threads with dry and overlong rubbish.

You actually sound hungry and in great pains. Cry more. I hit a nerve tongue

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheFacelessMan: 8:59pm On May 08, 2019
Octopusssy:

Meanwhile, , spammer alert. Rule 2 also broken

My condolences...after the destruction, reporting to the mods is next. That is for butt hurt cowards. That must have hurt tongue grin

Use vaseline tongue
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by donbenie(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

I was almost killed on the elevator at The Radisson Blu hotel in Lagos back in 2001.

I was whistling "Temptation" by Psquare as i entered the elevator.

A baby elephant was in the lift - sorry, i meant a fat lady who must have weighed 190kg.

I stared uneasily at the weight limit - 700kg for 10 persons. She was occupying space for at least 4! angry

Just as the doors were about closing, i saw 3 hefty guys dashing to come in.

A chill ran up my spine looking at their hard faces and their dark black skin shocked

My past had finally caught up with me. On behalf of the Nigerian Government, I had assassinated the Ghanaian Minister sabotaging the Abidjan- Lome Corridor in 1999

All 5 of us in the lift. Barely space to manoeuvre. The atmosphere was thick with tension.

I whispered in fat girl's ears "duck"

She looked back with a stupid dumbfounded expression on her face "huh?"

"DUCK" i repeated harshly.

A split second after i smashed the lights in the elevator.....

... and that was when the madness began! shocked
Whistling PSquare's Temptation in 2001?

You must be a Time Traveler on top your Assassination Skills.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Deepfeel(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2019
Asthmatic, but you left your inhaler somewhere?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheFacelessMan: 9:00pm On May 08, 2019
donbenie:
Whistling PSquare's Temptation in 2001?

You must be a Time Traveler on top your Assassination Skills.. undecided

Lol. I intentionally make "errors" to show it's fiction. Good catch!

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 08, 2019
matify83:
For Christ's sake you are a known asthmatic , you should have done due diligence by having your inhaler in your bag to mitigate such occurrence.

Today You are quick to blame your predicament on the elevator but such attacks could occur in plain sight (Lagos traffic) and I assure you that no amount of water poured on you as we often do, will revive you that day

I hope you have learnt from this nasty experience?

Inhaler won't work when oxygen supply is limited or close to zero.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Originalsly: 9:18pm On May 08, 2019
goldcoinhub:

There is no value for the human life in the least.

Hmmm.....she is complaining...but has no value for her own life. Shouting she is asthmatic.... but did not walk with her nebulizer....a.serious attack and her stay on earth can come to a sudden end.
On elevators.... the building owner is responsible as well as the city/State. Why weren't they making frequent inspections?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Creativebae(f): 9:19pm On May 08, 2019
Wao. I personally do not like lift oh. I will climb staircase i get the strength. ..
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by samcus(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2019
but u didn't die,oya go and sin no more¿
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Biggest80: 9:19pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:

If you check now she go fat like COW grin
To do small exercise you say NO.

Banana Republic angry

E go soon happen to you.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Jabioro: 9:29pm On May 08, 2019
eneojoedu:
what brand of weed do you smoke.
O'boy he mixed it ..Osogbo plus Warri
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

I was almost killed on the elevator at The Radisson Blu hotel in Lagos back in 2001.

A baby elephant was in the lift - sorry, i meant a fat lady who must have weighed 190kg.

I stared uneasily at the weight limit - 700kg for 10 persons. She was occupying space for at least 4! angry

A chill ran up my spine looking at their hard faces and their dark black skin shocked

My past had finally caught up with me. On behalf of the Nigerian Government, I had assassinated the Ghanaian Minister sabotaging the Abidjan- Lome Corridor in 1999

All 5 of us in the lift. Barely space to manoeuvre. The atmosphere was thick with tension.

What's the title of this James Bond movie, and tell us what happened next.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by sacx: 9:43pm On May 08, 2019
If she was in a country that at least a few things work, I would have advised she sued them and get compensated. But no angry. Here, litigation would drag on for years until you've spent the amount you were hoping to be compensated with prosecuting the case.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by LINTUNE(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

lol cheesy...effect of weed SMH
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 9:44pm On May 08, 2019
This man has come again.. Wild imagination.. But I enjoy your literary fantasising...

TheFacelessMan:
angry

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by LZAA: 9:45pm On May 08, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry

Modified - Those of you mentioning me have you ever been to E-centre?? Tell me how many flights of stairs are in the building one cannot just skip and get to his/her destination but no the aunty decided to "board" a crippled elevator and you're here tagging me like it's a 12-storey building she was heading to its 8/9th floor. Mtchewwwwww. BANANA REPUBLIC

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 9:48pm On May 08, 2019
How she almost died is more accurate... Not almost killed..

goldcoinhub:
A Nigerian lady has taken to her social media page to narrate her close shove with death after she almost got killed in an elevator in Lagos.

The lady who said she is asthmatic was trapped in the elevator at one of the public spots in the city and she couldn’t reach out for help as the network in the space went blank immediately.

Read her story below:

I’m asthmatic and claustrophobic.
I was trapped in the lift at E-Center Yaba for more than 20 minutes. I had no network on my phone.I kept on banging the lift and pressing the alarm button and other buttons. Nothing was happening, the lift just kept on vibrating.

The place started getting stuffy by the minute and my chest getting tighter. I was the only one in the lift.Tears began to find its way down my cheeks. I was really scared and was in panic mode already.
At some point, the lift moved a bit downwards and opened up to a wall. A wall was before me.Then it closed up again.

I continued banging and calling for help. As soon as few bars popped on my phone, I made that post on facebook. Then I called my Chaplain who lives close by. The line was breaking but thankfully I was able to get my message across.

She came over immediately and complained to them. I waited for another painful 15 minutes. (She said they were trying to call the person in charge, but he wasn’t picking up)
As soon as the lift opened up, I saw ECenters uniformed men before me. And the next thing I heard was “sorry, why didn’t you call for help ” I was mad. “You think I stayed in there doing nothing because I’m stupid right? ” I wiped my tears.

I was tired, I walked to meet my chaplain.I was still really nervous. My inhaler wasn’t with me. She made me sit and went to get an inhaler. I used the inhaler and got a bit better.
After a while, we proceeded to leave.

As I walked past the securities at the door I heard them talking.
Security right : “Na she dey inside the lift? ”
Security left: “Yesso, na she dey there”
Security right:.”And she just dey there dey cry”

I stepped back immediately. I was mad. “What did you just say? ” I asked. He didn’t respond. “what did you just say? ” I asked two more times. He denied saying anything.
I walked away.

There is no value for the human life in the least. No single form of remorse. How will your lift be stuck for over 20 minutes and you didn’t realize? What if I wasn’t with a cell phone?
If I had spent ten more minutes in that place…. I don’t want to even think

I doubt if I’d be using any lift anytime soon. (it happened on Monday)

https://lailasnews.com/how-i-almost-got-killed-in-an-elevator-in-lagos-lady-narrates/

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by IamSoProlific: 9:58pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

You again, this agbaye laye young man.

E dey your gene.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by CHEEPO: 10:10pm On May 08, 2019
eneojoedu:
what brand of weed do you smoke.

I am sure he smoked dust..... because how can some1 be this pathetic after reading d story.it can only be drugs or a human sad deep down.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by dochenaj: 10:14pm On May 08, 2019
Debramaye:
what do you think...
If I knew, would I ask?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by wamide042(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2019
Abegi no mind this lady joor, na she wan kill herself..am sure she didn't have her inhaler with her..
I was once in her situation, how i managed to survive is still a misery to me,, since then i always have my inhaler handy, i have one in my pocket, one in my bag and the other in my car just in case devil wan play game..

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by dochenaj: 10:18pm On May 08, 2019
Creativebae:
Wao. I personally do not like lift oh. I will climb staircase i get the strength. ..
Would you take the stairs to get to the 20th floor from the ground?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by bluecircle470: 10:24pm On May 08, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Lie kill you there!!!
There was no raddinson blu in 2001
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 08, 2019
village woman, next time ask for assistance on the use of lift.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:30pm On May 08, 2019
Very misleading headline .
Using the word killed suggests that someone was in the elevator trying to kill her

Or someone was manipulating the elevator to ensure she ends up dead .

A better headline would have been

How I almost died out of anxiety ,panic or asmathic attack as a result of been trapped in an elevator[/b]

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by uwajeh(m): 10:33pm On May 08, 2019
matify83:
For Christ's sake you are a known asthmatic , you should have done due diligence by having your inhaler in your bag to mitigate such occurrence.

Today You are quick to blame your predicament on the elevator but such attacks could occur in plain sight (Lagos traffic) and I assure you that no amount of water poured on you as we often do, will revive you that day

I hope you have learnt from this nasty experience?
. I love your write ups. Please what's the permanent cure for insomnia? I have seen alot of doctors but it ain't working. Please your advice.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by matify83: 10:41pm On May 08, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Inhaler won't work when oxygen supply is limited or close to zero.

People have been trapped in elevators for hours before respite came their way without suffocating.

An elevator is not airtight like you want to adduce.

Her problem was majorly brochoconstriction preventing her from utilizing the air / oxygen available in her immediate environment.

Even my integrated science of yesteryears taught me that exhaled/expired air still has 16 percent oxygen and that's why we use it when resuscitating unconscious drowned or heart attack people as a first aid.

Remember, she was alone in the lift for just 20 minutes.

4 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by matify83: 10:45pm On May 08, 2019
uwajeh:
. I love your write ups. Please what's the permanent cure for insomnia? I have seen alot of doctors but it ain't working. Please your advice.

The simple truth is that you still have to see a doctor.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ToluBisiMolake1: 10:47pm On May 08, 2019
SMH. People usr the lift for various reasons. But you are rather dull to know that. Ive not had an attack in a long while but that stuffy lift triggered it. Someone without respiratory issues wouldn't even do fine in a box for over thirty minutes. By the way I'm skinny
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry

Modified - Those of you mentioning me have you ever been to E-centre?? Tell me how many flights of stairs are in the building one cannot just skip and get to his/her destination but no the aunty decided to "board" a crippled elevator and you're here tagging me like it's a 12-storey building she was heading to its 8/9th floor. Mtchewwwwww. BANANA REPUBLIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.