Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos (38007 Views)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Asthmatic Boy Collapses As Police Invade A Church In Delta (Video) / Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 08, 2019
matify83:

People have been trapped in elevators for hours before respite came their way without suffocating.

An elevator is not airtight like you want to adduce.

Her problem was majorly brochoconstriction preventing her from utilizing the air / oxygen available in her immediate environment.

Even my integrated science of yesteryears taught me that exhaled/expired air still has 16 percent oxygen and that's why we use it when resuscitating unconscious drowned or heart attack people as a first aid.

Remember, she was alone in the lift for just 20 minutes.

Lifts are not airtight but lung-capacity varies from one individual to the other, even when there is no asthma.

Don't be surprised if you who is the one forming elevator champion do not last half as long as she did in identical circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ToluBisiMolake1: 10:50pm On May 08, 2019
More than 20 minutes. 20 minutes before I could call for help an another one 15 minutes waiting for help
matify83:

People have been trapped in elevators for hours before respite came their way without suffocating.

An elevator is not airtight like you want to adduce.

Her problem was majorly brochoconstriction preventing her from utilizing the air / oxygen available in her immediate environment.

Even my integrated science of yesteryears taught me that exhaled/expired air still has 16 percent oxygen and that's why we use it when resuscitating unconscious drowned or heart attack people as a first aid.

Remember, she was alone in the lift for just 20 minutes.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ToluBisiMolake1: 10:51pm On May 08, 2019
Thank you!
GidiWoodsMan:

Lifts are not airtight but lung-capacity varies from one individual to the other, even when there is no asthma.

Don't be surprised if you who is the one forming elevator champion do not last half as long as she did in identical circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ToluBisiMolake1: 10:54pm On May 08, 2019
Thank you o. Me that I'm hoping to even add small weight �
mssydapsy:
she no fat joor. she's an amazing hairstylist and bead art artist. check her page @savvyhairs on instagram
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ToluBisiMolake1: 10:58pm On May 08, 2019
Walk around with a nebulizer? ���. I've never owned one. By the way asthma varies in different people. I've used the nebulizer just 6 times in my life Time. I've not suffered from asthma attack in a while. So the lift did trigger it!
Originalsly:

Hmmm.....she is complaining...but has no value for her own life. Shouting she is asthmatic.... but did not walk with her nebulizer....a.serious attack and her stay on earth can come to a sudden end.
On elevators.... the building owner is responsible as well as the city/State. Why weren't they making frequent inspections?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by uwajeh(m): 10:59pm On May 08, 2019
matify83:

The simple truth is that you still have to see a doctor.

The last Dr said its a disorder. I don't get it. Tired of using drugs (prescribed)
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Ndipe(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2019
It happened to me also in Lagos. I got stuck in an elevator at HP office for several or so minutes and I almost passed out but for God's Grace. The place was dark and I was wondering how long it would take for them to come and rescue us. I dont think I will ride on an elevator in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by piagetskinner(m): 11:11pm On May 08, 2019
There’s no need using lift in Nigeria if you’re not sick and especially if it’s just a few floors.

This is Nigeria not Ghana or SA
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Agugbadin: 11:16pm On May 08, 2019
Thank God you came out alive. Nigeria do not have standards, in developed countries every elevator has a scheduled recertification protocol and when it is done a tag is placed on it clearly showing that it passed the test and when next the recertification will be done. Functional phones should be in the lift and emergency botton which are direct line to emergency phone lines must be clearly displayed.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by ibinaboonline: 11:27pm On May 08, 2019
T.B. Joshua once said that when you hear people got sick and then died, it was actually fear that killed them and not the sickness. I assure you, panic could have drawn her asthma on during the ordeal and before you know it, RIP. What she suffered from was panic attack.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by deebrain(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2019
eneojoedu:
what brand of weed do you smoke.

I don't think this is weed. Its more of sense trauma. It's suffered by many underage members on nairaland.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by awumen: 11:38pm On May 08, 2019
No matter the floor, I will neva use lift in Nigeria.my leg no pain me, I climb stairs, na form of exercise
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by koolaid87: 11:42pm On May 08, 2019
You had another chance to make sense but still blew it with your "modified" remarks

To hell with you

Next!

TheTourist:
If you check now she go fat like COW grin
To do small exercise you say NO.

Banana Republic angry

Modified - Those of you mentioning me have you ever been to E-centre?? Tell me how many flights of stairs are in the building one cannot just skip and get to his/her destination but no the aunty decided to "board" a crippled elevator and you're here tagging me like it's a 12-storey building she was heading to its 8/9th floor. Mtchewwwwww. BANANA REPUBLIC
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheTourist: 11:47pm On May 08, 2019
LOL - PISS OFF grin grin

koolaid87:
You had another chance to make sense but still blew it with your "modified" remarks

To hell with you

Next!

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by TheTourist: 11:48pm On May 08, 2019
Osheey - Slim Bullet

ToluBisiMolake1:
SMH. People usr the lift for various reasons. But you are rather dull to know that. Ive not had an attack in a long while but that stuffy lift triggered it. Someone without respiratory issues wouldn't even do fine in a box for over thirty minutes. By the way I'm skinny
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Kingkun69(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2019
Bleep them fat bitches

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 12:44am On May 09, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry

Modified - Those of you mentioning me have you ever been to E-centre?? Tell me how many flights of stairs are in the building one cannot just skip and get to his/her destination but no the aunty decided to "board" a crippled elevator and you're here tagging me like it's a 12-storey building she was heading to its 8/9th floor. Mtchewwwwww. BANANA REPUBLIC
i happen to know the lady that got stoked in the elevator personally and shes far away from fat.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 12:50am On May 09, 2019
Eyaa Pele I get the feeling. Getting stuck in an elevator no be moi moi o especially if you are someone that needs breathing space.I once had
that experience it was like someone hit a panic button on my head.Kind of make you wonder how will you just die in an elevator when you can die as a general in a battle field.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Creativebae(f): 1:29am On May 09, 2019
Yes na, i will rest when i tire n continue. Than for me to suffocate inside that thing. .
dochenaj:

Would you take the stairs to get to the 20th floor from the ground?
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by dochenaj: 1:35am On May 09, 2019
Creativebae:
Yes na, i will rest when i tire n continue. Than for me to suffocate inside that thing. .
Are you claustrophobic too? If you're not. You might need to realize that 20th is not same as 4th floor.
So imagine having to go up and down the stairs twice everyday cos you work on the 20th floor.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Creativebae(f): 1:53am On May 09, 2019
Yes i am. Btw wat will i go and be doing on the 20th floor. When i work from home...
dochenaj:

Are you claustrophobic too? If you're not. You might need to realize that 20th is not same as 4th floor.
So imagine having to go up and down the stairs twice everyday cos you work on the 20th floor.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Nobody: 1:54am On May 09, 2019
eneojoedu:
what brand of weed do you smoke.
I see sense in what the guy said.
Fact:: Elevators 're not safe to use in a place like Nigeria.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by dochenaj: 1:59am On May 09, 2019
Creativebae:
Yes i am. Btw wat will i go and be doing on the 20th floor. When i work from home...
The 20th floor office was hypothetical. But if you found yourself in that situation. You would know how realistic it is to take the stairs.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:00am On May 09, 2019
I guess “Pele” is in order...
But why would an asthmatic not carry her inhaler with her?

Meanwhile, it’s not a Nigeria thing...
Because elevators get stuck everyday all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by 9jaRealist: 2:04am On May 09, 2019
Agugbadin:
Thank God you came out alive. Nigeria do not have standards, in developed countries every elevator has a scheduled recertification protocol and when it is done a tag is placed on it clearly showing that it passed the test and when next the recertification will be done. Functional phones should be in the lift and emergency botton which are direct line to emergency phone lines must be clearly displayed.

Elevators get stuck and break down all over world, regardless of regular certifications...

No machine is perfect, regardless of how many inspections or certifications, and elevators have many electrical and mechanical parts any one of which could fail at anytime (even something as simple as a blown fuse). Accordingly, because the greater danger is an elevator falling down its shaft, elevators are basically designed to lock in place as a “fail safe” in case of any problem or failure (even the most minor ones).

Meanwhile, a crane recently collapsed and killed four persons in Seattle not too long after inspection/recertification.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Creativebae(f): 2:12am On May 09, 2019
Ok. I agree i wee br using it ohh
[color=#770077][/color]
dochenaj:

The 20th floor office was hypothetical. But if you found yourself in that situation. You would know how realistic it is to take the stairs.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Papiiyke: 4:08am On May 09, 2019
You be asmathic patient you nor Dey carry ur inhaler with you.... SMH suicide mission....
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by Rilley(m): 5:18am On May 09, 2019
Debramaye:
In the United States there are warnings on elevator doors for asmathic patients, and also emergency numbers to call incase you're stuck, guess this one never had both

But how come the first thing she did when she had network was post on Facebook, some people sef

I just noticed that around 1:50pm American time, niaraland servers always go off and just gives error 502 or whatever. Don't be angry but is it generator that you guys are using in Dallas Texas grin
Don't be stupid, you are too boring to me.
Re: Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos by leokid866: 6:30am On May 09, 2019
TheTourist:

Banana Republic angry

Fat or not your comment shows you lack concern for human life. We may be a banana Republic but you definitely are one dumb monkey in the mix.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta / 34-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Zambian Man Donates His Liver To His Wife To Save Her Life (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.