Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81743 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Laying waste pipes along the compound grounds today......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by fabulous85: 4:39am On May 01, 2020
hello spyder, nice job you are doing. pls I want to ask the implication of a treated wood been exposed to rain before putting the roofing sheet. due to the pandemic and lockdown i have been unable to get roofing sheets. do I need to apply anti termite again on the wood after eventually roofing? because the rain has washed the previous one? if yes how do I go about it since it will be hard to climb and apply to some areas of the wood. thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2020
fabulous85:
hello spyder, nice job you are doing. pls I want to ask the implication of a treated wood been exposed to rain before putting the roofing sheet. due to the pandemic and lockdown i have been unable to get roofing sheets. do I need to apply anti termite again on the wood after eventually roofing? because the rain has washed the previous one? if yes how do I go about it since it will be hard to climb and apply to some areas of the wood. thanks

You can reapply the termite treatment after the roofing. A carpenter can climb the roof void and use a spraying can method to spray the mixture directly on the wood. I have also seen someone using brush to apply the mixture on roofing wood.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by fabulous85: 7:08am On May 01, 2020
spyder880:

You can reapply the termite treatment after the roofing. A carpenter can climb the roof void and use a spraying can method to spray the mixture directly on the wood. I have also seen someone using brush to apply the mixture on roofing wood.
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:08am On May 01, 2020
Laying all pipes on the compound grounds...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:11pm On May 04, 2020
Choosing some sanitary wares for this house today.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2020
We transported and offloaded most of the sanitary wares for this house. We still need to return to the market to buy more........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2020
Some of the stainless steel fittings we bought......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2020
The whole house is looking as busy as ever......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2020
We have fitted almost all the whole doors in this house, keys, hinges etc.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:18am On May 06, 2020
From doors, we went for the wardrobes........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:37am On May 06, 2020
This is how most of the wardrobes in the other bedrooms look like........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2020
The master bedroom wardrobes.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:51am On May 06, 2020
This is the dressing table we built for the master bedroom......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:57am On May 06, 2020
We are also building bathroom cabinets, medicine cabinets for all the bathrooms......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:03am On May 06, 2020
Inside the master bedroom today......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2020
Around the house......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by kopell: 9:31am On May 06, 2020
spyder880:
Laying all pipes on the compound grounds...........
Spyder880 well done good job always. Please I need you to share the secret behind your wall plastering. I have never seen any crack on your plastering job in the last nine years, I have been watching your display on this forum. Is it the quality of sand, cement mixture, or quality of workers or any tricks behind the outcomes? You always amaze me with your sincerity, quality of job you deliver at stipulating time. I like to used this opportunity to advise you to encourage you guys to clean up as work progress not until job is complete, its makes the environment heath for them. I hope other contractors will be encouraged to practice same.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by cassyrooy(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2020
HMM! After all, I find something worth perusing here.

Great job Spyder880.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by fabulous85: 2:25pm On May 06, 2020
kopell:
Spyder880 well done good job always. Please I need you to share the secret behind your wall plastering. I have never seen any crack on your plastering job in the last nine years, I have been watching your display on this forum. Is it the quality of sand, cement mixture, or quality of workers or any tricks behind the outcomes? You always amaze me with your sincerity, quality of job you deliver at stipulating time. I like to used this opportunity to advise you to encourage you guys to clean up as work progress not until job is complete, its makes the environment heath for them. I hope other contractors will be encouraged to practice same.
that's true, and pls can too much cement in the mix cause plaster cracks. I plastered a property with 1 bag of cement and 2.5 wheel Barrow of sand and there were plaster cracks all over.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2020
kopell:

fabulous85:
that's true, and pls can too much cement in the mix cause plaster cracks. I plastered a property with 1 bag of cement and 2.5 wheel Barrow of sand and there were plaster cracks all over.

Plaster cracks are as a result of cement mixtures and sand types. Plastering workers who understand sand types apply different mix ratios to different sand types to get a smooth job done without cracks.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 12:39am On May 07, 2020
spyder880:
This is how most of the wardrobes in the other bedrooms rooms look like........

Very nice.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Adefajofashola(m): 12:02am On May 10, 2020
Beautiful work, God bless you sir
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by chamber2(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2020
spyder880:

Plaster cracks are as a result of cement mixtures and sand types. Plastering workers who understand sand types apply different mix ratios to different sand types to get a smooth job done without cracks.

Are the furniture part of the initial 18m budget? Did owner add any extra money aside the initial money?
What I'm seeing here is amazing
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2020
chamber2:

Are the furniture part of the initial 18m budget? Did owner add any extra money aside the initial money?
What I'm seeing here is amazing

No Sir, the furniture are on a different budget. The N18m stopped immediately we completed the roofing of the 2 buildings. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by ak22(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2020
Good evening sir .please can you recommend anyone that can Handle precast parapet very well for me sir ?
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by sonnie10: 11:33pm On May 10, 2020
spyder880:
This is the dressing table we built for the master bedroom......
The space in-between the drawers could be useful if you put flip doors there.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by FLORIDACAR: 4:03am On May 11, 2020
Spyder880 for ever. Good job as always

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 5:39pm On May 11, 2020
sonnie10:
The space in-between the drawers could be useful if you put flip doors there.
I think its more for leg space for someone sitting down. Whereas if you cover everything it will change from dresser to cupboard. And I don't think that's what they want.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by sonnie10: 5:52pm On May 11, 2020
nunnu:

I think its more for leg space for someone sitting down. Whereas if you cover everything it will change from dresser to cupboard. And I don't think that's what they want.

I will post a picture of one of mine. Almost the same design but with the flips. The ones with leg room are meant for bathrooms not bedroom
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2020
FLORIDACAR:
Spyder880 for ever. Good job as always

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Dennis3D(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2020
spyder880:
We are also assembling some choice fittings for the sanitary wares of this house.

The client taste is top notch

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (41) (Reply)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.