Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" - Properties (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" (81725 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Furnishing Of Owerri Royal Manor By Mercylyn Interiors / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Badgers14: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
spyder880:
The house as at today........

You know, this is not one of those projects people ask, Oga spyder, how much have you spent so far grin grin

From the look of the build, many people are scared to know the figure grin

No one was that curious, Just like they say in igbo, " ahia na ere onwe ya" the market that sells it self.

By the look of the project, people will know say that man pass man no be boasting grin someone need a fat wallet plus a fat cheque book to embark on a build like this..

Again, good job... tell oga even if he didn't invite us for house opening, make he allow us snap selfie for his gate grin grin

Cheers man!

10 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 1:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Oga Spyder. What are we doing for flooring here?
Interlocking or stamped concrete floor?
But still I am following and learning. Good work Sir.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 1:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Oga @Badgers14. If I can put this kind house for my village, I must be made King o. You are right, man pass man o. This owner try well, well... and Spyder nko, big Oga Builder. So Yoruba call am "regi-regi".

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2020
mufutau55:
Oga Spyder. What are we doing for flooring here?
Interlocking or stamped concrete floor?
But still I am following and learning. Good work Sir.

Hajji M.

Good morning Oga mi, we plan to do an increte design on the whole compound, a special type of concrete stamping. The materials and men to do the work are already at the site working. Welcome Sir.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2020
Inspection of various samples of water collector materials to be used in channeling rain water from this roof........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 7:56am On Aug 19, 2020
Doors like this are the future of royal homes like this oga

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 8:02am On Aug 19, 2020
michlins:

Yes I saw these types the other day, the materials recently started coming into the country. Very beautiful designs too.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

Yes I saw these types the other day, the materials recently started coming into the country. Very beautiful designs too.
they are expensive oh. Beautiful thing about them is that you don't have to worry about the noise.

Where did you see those please
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2020
michlins:
they are expensive oh. Beautiful thing about them is that you don't have to worry about the noise.

Where did you see those please

I know they will be expensive, I saw them in a shop at Enugu building materials market. I was driving then and didn't come down to look at them properly.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 10:43am On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

I know they will be expensive, I saw them in a shop at Enugu building materials market. I was driving then and didn't come down to look at them properly.
to give you a comparison, the pan of this door will comfortably buy two set of doors. Na the pan alone oh. We never talk about other materials like pipes and framing and stuff. But the truth is that they're very gorgeous
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2020
michlins:
to give you a comparison, the pan of this door will comfortably buy two set of doors. Na the pan alone oh. We never talk about other materials like pipes and framing and stuff. But the truth is that they're very gorgeous

Wow, that's very costly.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

Wow, that's very costly.
if you want to customize it further, you can have glass placed on the back so that nothing can slip through. You can choose blurred or clear glass

The glass part will be done by these almaco guys. Not my field though

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Badgers14: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2020
michlins:

They are beautiful indeed but my worry is about
the privacy concern with the transparent glasses on the door, it is a bit much for a bedroom door.

Remember, " what the butler saw" grin

The butler will see a bit too much if you put up a door like this in a royal home. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2020
Badgers14:

They are beautiful indeed but my worry is about
the privacy concern with the transparent glasses on the door, it is a bit much for a bedroom door.

Remember, " what the butler saw" grin

The butler will see a bit too much if you put up a door like this in a royal home. grin

It could be made as an exterior door, the welders can add a metal sheet to the back without putting any glass or mirrors. In fact, they can paint the inner metal a different colour and the designed outer layer a different colour for contrast. Michlins can give us more education about that, it's his field.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Badgers14: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

It could be made as an exterior door, the welders can add a metal sheet to the back without putting any glass or mirrors. In fact, they can paint the inner metal a different colour and the designed outer layer a different colour for contrast.

Ok, that makes sense.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

It could be made as an exterior door, the welders can add a metal sheet to the back without putting any glass or mirrors. In fact, they can paint the inner metal a different colour and the designed outer layer a different colour for contrast. Michlins can give us more education about that, it's his field.
this type of material will do justice to the privacy concerns though.

A project like this manor doesn't have such concerns because it's very secluded and you don't have the worry of strangers looking inside

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Looking at the above picture, you will see that the pan used is a reflective pan and the color you see is exactly how it comes.

Attached is the original color of the door before painting and finishing

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by mufutau55(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:

Good morning Oga mi, we plan to do an increte design on the whole compound, a special type of concrete stamping. The materials and men to do the work are already at the site working. Welcome Sir.

Thank you Oga mi Sir. We shall be following keenly o.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by Asquare84(m): 9:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
spyder880:
We have completed some medicine cabinets to be fitted in each bathroom, we are going to place mirrors on each medicine cabinet for the use of the occupants of each room.

You can call it first aid box

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
are they imported already engraved ? is what is making it too expensive....sheet metal isn't same as you guys normally use ?

michlins:
Looking at the above picture, you will see that the pan used is a reflective pan and the color you see is exactly how it comes.

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by nunnu: 2:09am On Aug 21, 2020
Nice work.
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 3:58am On Aug 21, 2020
dongc:
are they imported already engraved ? is what is making it too expensive....sheet metal isn't same as you guys normally use ?

they are new commodity in the market so the importers are making a kill now. The quality of the materials is far different from what's readily available. Give it a year and it will be the normal everyone is used to

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by kopell: 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
michlins:

Sometimes I don’t know how our people think. So the have to import those plates and make it a killer in price, when the could buy ordinary CNC laser cutters to cut those patterns in record time, probably cut 100 per hour. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by dongc(m): 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
i am very aware of market indices...just curious if they are engraved already....what makes that material more quality ? what is the difference from what you guys use today ?
michlins:
they are new commodity in the market so the importers are making a kill now. The quality of the materials is far different from what's readily available. Give it a year and it will be the normal everyone is used to

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
More materials arrive for the compound floor works.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Preparation of the ground in readiness for the increte works.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
The start of the walkways.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
More

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
kopell:
Sometimes I don’t know how our people think. So the have to import those plates and make it a killer in price, when the could buy ordinary CNC laser cutters to cut those patterns in record time, probably cut 100 per hour. What a shame.
chaii. So you sit in your house and think that's how they are made. I have been to the place where they mould and design those pans, the investment on ground was more than #100ml. The machines on ground. Biko when it comes to iron and metal, everything is big money
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
dongc:
i am very aware of market indices...just curious if they are engraved already....what makes that material more quality ? what is the difference from what you guys use today ?
yes. We buy it already engraved and do welding and finishing. About the quality, the pan is wrought iron and as such heavier and more durable
Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by kopell: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
michlins:
chaii. So you sit in your house and think that's how they are made. I have been to the place where they mould and design those pans, the investment on ground was more than #100ml. The machines on ground. Biko when it comes to iron and metal, everything is big money
Hahaha me, seat in my house assuming?my brother there is nothing mounding there, it’s called CNC laser nitrogen cutter. If you’re familiar with CNC’s is like EDM computers programming machines.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" by michlins(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
kopell:
Hahaha me, seat in my house assuming?my brother there is nothing mounding there, it’s called CNC laser nitrogen cutter. If you’re familiar with CNC’s is like EDM computers programming machines.
what I saw at that place doesn't look like this. Another thing you have to consider is the cost of running business in Nigeria. From multiple taxation to sourcing your own power then foreign exchange.

Very few people can succeed in the business of iron. It's capital intensive

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Nifemi, PA To Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Found Dead, Osibona Trapped / Choose Edges Stone Coated Roofing Sheet For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.