Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? (4013 Views)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Can Your Woman Be More Curvy And Sexy Than This Lady? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Martinez39(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:
The culture of women cooking and doing house chores was created at a time when women didn't work and just stayed at home all day as their husbands brought home food and money. Now that women also bring home money why should they be the ones to cook and do chores?

Why should a woman go to work, get home in the evening and still be the one to cook and clean the house while her husband who did the same amount of work as she just sits and relaxes? I think men should also cook and do house work.
Lol. The problem with many women is that they always try to eat their cake and have it. As a mother, taking care the children and chores with a little side hustle while the financial responsibility mainly rests on the man works better. If you don't have a nanny and you want to be the career woman by all means, you marriage will crack. Marriage involves sacrifice. The sacrifice for a woman is mainly her time for her career. D'ija is a good example. Mrs. Antonella Messi is another. You cannot have it both ways.

Even if you get a good nanny without giving much time to your spouse because of your career, your husband will likely take your nanny as his unofficial wife. This is where feminism destroys marriages. Feminism degrades the traditional roles of being a mother and uplifts the independent career woman that needs no man. The independent career woman that needs no man, that flaunts her superiority and independence cannot be a wife. There is nothing bad in playing the neo-traditional roles of a wife, it's not a sin anywhere. If you carry feminism for head and your marriage crashes, you won't see your fellow feminists around to fix the damages but if you do the right thing and your marriage lasts, it's you that will enjoy it.

In essence, marriage involves sacrifice in terms of time for the woman and in terms of money for man. Enjoy your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:45pm On May 11, 2019
You did not disagree with my opinion, yet you were spelling out who and who should advice married people, mothers, etc, on a forum, you are kidding yourself, not me. Check around you will see proffessional counsellors who are single. Let me also advice you, just as you were trying to advice me. When you want to marry, make sure you search for a girl who is okay with your archaic views and ideologies. A woman who you can enslave as you wish, otherwise you may have your egostic ass kicked out. If you read some views up there, I ain't gonna mention any moniker, you will see real men who love and assist their wives with chores, so free me with my opinion.
Foodforthought:

If you understand English, you will notice I did not disagree with your opinion, neither did I stop you from sharing it. I said that everyone can say what they want, and do what they want. But our opinions are better reflected in our own choices. If it works for you and your husband, do it. Likewise men who don't allow that for their wives have the right to do so, don't criminalise it. What is a man looking for in marriage?. They can as well impregnate one woman, visit brothels all their lives. pay child care....and then do their own chores in their own houses. What does a woman add to a man? But then it is your type that will still come and tag them irresponsible. To your tent, O Israel.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by faithfull18(f): 9:08pm On May 11, 2019
fykes:

Herein lays the matter for u- you are not married...why not till u are ready, then u will know that work or money or any other thing u think u have can't compare to keeping a good man happy
So, a woman's purpose in life is to keep a man happy, what about the woman??

Africa always choosing the wrong side of everything hence the reason for her backwardness

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 9:52pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You did not disagree with my opinion, yet you were spelling out who and who should advice married people, mothers, etc, on a forum, you are kidding yourself, not me. Check around you will see proffessional counsellors who are single. Let me also advice you, just as you were trying to advice me. When you want to marry, make sure you search for a girl who is okay with your archaic views and ideologies. A woman who you can enslave as you wish, otherwise you may have your egostic ass kicked out. If you read some views up there, I ain't gonna mention any moniker, you will see real men who love and assist their wives with chores, so free me with my opinion.
Instead of you to be humble and learn you are trying to fight gender war. I'm archaic because I refuse to trade my culture for western influence? Who even told you husbands don't do chores? How many marriages did you use in your so- called real men research. A man should share cooking duties with you and you are comfortable with it? Is it a woman that clears lawn, fills gas, drives the kids to school, pays their fees, pays bills, etc? Or is that the accepted norm where you come from? Do you think it's all men that want wives to do their laundry? There are no JOBS in marriage. There are only unconditional sacrifices without regarding what the other person does to equal your own. Those are the tenets of teenage romance and relationships, not marriage. Modern indeed, you need a marriage counsellor to advise you, what happened to your elders and your parents? Where I come from, a woman wouldn't even let a man near her kitchen. So a man providing more( naturally) for his home, should also take turns with his wife equally to cook and wash plates and change diapers, and back baby? He can do so once in a while but SHARING it. Stop throwing insults....the problem is you don't know anything about marriage. It's either that or you are simply untrained.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:41pm On May 11, 2019
Keep your stupid cultures and traditions to yourself and stick to it. If not for western culture that came to erode so many babaric African cultures, I wonder if you would be alive, or have a phone to hold and type trash, what's your intelligent Quotient to dare talk about western culture? What have you contributed to Africa or the world? I don't give a phuck about your culture, I don't know the hole you live in, where you don't see that women pay children's fees, drive kids to and fro school, pay for rent, build houses, etc, what should I learn from your kind? Slavery, foolish ego and pride? Shut the phuck up, keep your dumbo views to yourself. What is filling gas? I almost laughed out.Not all elders have successful marriages, neither do all of them judge with fairness, so if you run from one elder to another, seeking for counsel, then you are simply doomed.
Foodforthought:

Instead of you to be humble and learn you are trying to fight gender war. I'm archaic because I refuse to trade my culture for western influence? Who even told you husbands don't do chores? How many marriages did you use in your so- called real men research. A man should share cooking duties with you and you are comfortable with it? Is it a woman that clears lawn, fills gas, drives the kids to school, pays their fees, pays bills, etc? Or is that the accepted norm where you come from? Do you think it's all men that want wives to do their laundry? There are no JOBS in marriage. There are only unconditional sacrifices without regarding what the other person does to equal your own. Those are the tenets of teenage romance and relationships, not marriage. Modern indeed, you need a marriage counsellor to advise you, what happened to your elders and your parents? Where I come from, a woman wouldn't even let a man near her kitchen. So a man providing more( naturally) for his home, should also take turns with his wife equally to cook and wash plates and change diapers, and back baby? He can do so once in a while but SHARING it. Stop throwing insults....the problem is you don't know anything about marriage. It's either that or you are simply untrained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 10:48pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Keep your stupid cultures and traditions to yourself and stick to it. If not for western culture that came to erode so many babaric African cultures, I wonder if you would be alive, or have a phone to hold and type trash, what's your intelligent Quotient to dare talk about western culture? What have you contributed to Africa or the world? I don't give a phuck about your culture, I don't know the hole you live in, where you don't see that women pay children's fees, drive kids to and fro school, pay for rent, build houses, etc, what should I learn from your kind? Slavery, foolish ego and pride? Shut the phuck up, keep your dumbo views to yourself. What is filling gas? I almost laughed out.Not all elders have successful marriages, neither do all of them judge with fairness, so if you run from one elder to another, seeking for counsel, then you are simply doomed.
All this you typed and you still did not make sense. This is why you women are difficult to argue with. Tantrums, emotions, you can't lock it up and argue straight. The way you're blabbing and foaming...you might even start crying if we continue this argument. So let me leave you to your demons...they're clearly bigger than I imagined. You are simply untrained, and not capable of intelligent reasoning. I shouldn't have bothered.
Honestly,ma, your problem big pass me. Marriage is not for you abeg. Don't even bother.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by chris31(m): 10:58pm On May 11, 2019
Advice i got from someone never u help ur wife in the kitchen job unless she is pregnant or sick she will sees it as ur job if u do & that's were problem starts when u stop
Allow her to get used to it & the job from the beginning
Men & women understand things in different ways
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:10pm On May 11, 2019
grin grin are you done? ''women'' smh. You think every woman is the wimp you are enslaving in the name of dating? You think you know women! Oga-sir, Listen, and listen good, never try to rigmarole everyone into buying your ideas, cultures and beliefs. You made absolutely no sense, I read other contributions, and saw some good ideas. You quoted me first and began the insults. The best answer for a dumbo, is silence, so it's best I ignore your kind.
Foodforthought:

All this you typed and you still did not make sense. This is why you women are difficult to argue with. Tantrums, emotions, you can't lock it up and argue straight. The way you're blabbing and foaming...you might even start crying if we continue this argument. So let me leave you to your demons...they're clearly bigger than I imagined. You are simply untrained, and not capable of intelligent reasoning. I shouldn't have bothered.
Honestly,ma, your problem big pass me. Marriage is not for you abeg. Don't even bother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
This is so spot on, OP. Don't mind these misogynists. Their double standards are just so nauseating. All that I know is, I won't kill myself to please a man neither will I tear my skull because I want to show support in the home. This is why women should set standards for themselves. I'm very attracted to homely and family oriented guys, for me, if he can't cook or do basic chores and even match my sanity or atleast help to maintain the cleanliness around the home, then I'm just so getting outy!

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect us to carry on like our lives revolves around you all.

Blurdy misogynists and sexists!
Take away kids and money from the table, and see that you all really have nothing to offer.
Where did they even evolve from? I wonder.
Until women start voicing out, these sexists will not give us peace!

All your points are correct, atleast you're not talking like Saffi, which is great. I know she is reading this with a Guest account Lmao!

But Men are polygamous in nature sha oh! grin Runs away from thread.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 11, 2019
emmaodet:

And pls, where is it written that a man should be the one providing, spending on woman, chasing and wooing women? Where?
the bible duh!
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 11, 2019
Op's dumb question is why I advise all ladies to be gold-diggers. They already know the answer to this question, just be a kept independent woman simple.

Nigerians and their backwardness will never stop irritating me, if any troll wants to mention me, he should kindly take a number and wait till I arrive at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by emmaodet: 12:16am On May 12, 2019
funmisticqueen2:
the bible duh!

And is it not the same bible that stipulates woman's role?
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 12:23am On May 12, 2019
emmaodet:

And is it not the same bible that stipulates woman's role?
yes
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:36am On May 12, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
It's an African belief, a backward outdated kind of lifestyle. House chores and cooking is supposed to be shared by couples in this modern era, if both are working class. Gradually, the tables will turn, probably in few decades time.

its not outdated belief my dear

your circumstances determine the roles whether you call it culture or tradition remember half of the world expect the man to look after his wife in general it means providing, while she manages the provisions, in that sense the men go out work while she manages the house and kids, he bring out food etc directly eg he went to fish or works 9-8

now things have changed as in law (women rights &equal pay etc ) , working environments support women but it still hasnt taken away the women roles of cooking for her family and neither has it stopped men to work becoz the wife is working too

then poverty or the economy has forced many women to go out and work becoz what the man brings is nolonger enough there are not sticking to the old type tradition just being a housewife and let husband bring in food at the table

bad economy and poverty nothing about roles in the house
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by deltateam: 1:55am On May 12, 2019
Sandrazima:
The culture of women cooking and doing house chores was created at a time when women didn't work and just stayed at home all day as their husbands brought home food and money. Now that women also bring home money why should they be the ones to cook and do chores?

Why should a woman go to work, get home in the evening and still be the one to cook and clean the house while her husband who did the same amount of work as she just sits and relaxes? I think men should also cook and do house work.

Is it what your mama taught you? Oyo.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by deltateam: 2:01am On May 12, 2019
Sandrazima:

I'm not married yet. I'm just of the opinion that if I get married my husband should also cook and do chores and not just me.

Share these thoughts with any serious suitor and watch menopause catch you.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by deltateam: 2:09am On May 12, 2019
Sandrazima:

How is cooking and doing chores my job? Where is it written that it's solely a woman's job to cook and do chores?

Please which country are you from again?
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by deltateam: 2:11am On May 12, 2019
Adonko:
This is my opinion on this there are some things designed by nature that cannot just be changed overnight.

Let me relate this with this nature given example :

When you set a goal post at each end of a football pitch and you bring in teenagers who are of the age to kick football on the pitch and you throw a ball at the middle automatically you will see some running to the back to defend, some will argue with others concerning who will take charge as the goal keeper and others will just want to be in the midfield and others just love to strike the ball..these positions they are clamouring for was provided to them by nature.
Nobody choose it for them.
The truth is you can't cheat nature by default after returning from an outing or a farm by a man and a woman and they both look tiring you will still see the woman tending towards the kitchen .

If you don't have this instincts am sorry you are neither a man nor a woman .

Dude did you just call op a hermaphrodite?
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by deltateam: 2:21am On May 12, 2019
Ryan03:
Abeg stop all these shiloh story, i am a guy yet i Dont allow my girlfriend do all the work, and i'm sure i'll not allow my wife do same. My girlfriend work and once in a while, she cooks for me, i also cook when i am free and i know she will be closing late from work cause i have her house key. Thats the same way i want my marriage to be, the girl is right

Then marry op. Case settled!
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by boiz2men(m): 2:21am On May 12, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
you will find love my dear
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 7:08am On May 12, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
grin grin are you done? ''women'' smh. You think every woman is the wimp you are enslaving in the name of dating? You think you know women! Oga-sir, Listen, and listen good, never try to rigmarole everyone into buying your ideas, cultures and beliefs. You made absolutely no sense, I read other contributions, and saw some good ideas. You quoted me first and began the insults. The best answer for a dumbo, is silence, so it's best I ignore your kind.
Good ideas, bad ideas. If you like ignore, if you like reply. It's your business. I'm a happy person, I don't come to explain my frustrations on Nairaland. But let me join your already exasperated guardians and elders to advise you:
Madam, go and marry.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Kevsmart88(m): 7:33am On May 12, 2019
It's no big deal helping wifey out with the chores..... But I shouldn't be compelled to doing it cos you earn some stipends and occasionally help out with bills... What matters most in a marriage is understanding.... A man can cook, clean and do other chores with absolutely no stress....I just think marriage is for mature adults who read less about other people's experience and focus on making their union work..... Love conquers all

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:17am On May 12, 2019
Dead Dog, are you married?
Foodforthought:

Good ideas, bad ideas. If you like ignore, if you like reply. It's your business. I'm a happy person, I don't come to explain my frustrations on Nairaland. But let me join your already exasperated guardians and elders to advise you:
Madam, go and marry.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:19am On May 12, 2019
Oops.....I tot most guys here are always harsh and raw, dats why am always ever ready to attack. It's like few good ones dey o cool......tanx. I wish you same.
boiz2men:
you will find love my dear
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:20am On May 12, 2019
I totally agree with your views. They are correct.
ZIMDRILL:

its not outdated belief my dear

your circumstances determine the roles whether you call it culture or tradition remember half of the world expect the man to look after his wife in general it means providing, while she manages the provisions, in that sense the men go out work while she manages the house and kids, he bring out food etc directly eg he went to fish or works 9-8

now things have changed as in law (women rights &equal pay etc ) , working environments support women but it still hasnt taken away the women roles of cooking for her family and neither has it stopped men to work becoz the wife is working too

then poverty or the economy has forced many women to go out and work becoz what the man brings is nolonger enough there are not sticking to the old type tradition just being a housewife and let husband bring in food at the table

bad economy and poverty nothing about roles in the house
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by kense88: 8:36am On May 12, 2019
Tallesty1:
OK....

You can achieve what you want in few easy steps.

1. Make your money. Lots of it

2. Build your own house.

3. Get your own car.

4. Ask for a man's hand in marriage.

5. Collect list and do the traditional marriage and wedding.

He will never complain of doing all the chores
Well said. How many of them still cook for there husband
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Mikolion87(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2019
Sandrazima:

I'm not married yet. I'm just of the opinion that if I get married my husband should also cook and do chores and not just me.

Make sure you tell any man coming for your hand in marriage this.. before marriage not after o. Some women are becoming wiser than God.. smh.

Anyways, for me.. If my wife also supports me financially, there won't be need for her to do all those, cos of time and stress. We simply get a house help. But believe it or not, some well groomed and homely women enjoy doing some of these duties for their husbands no matter how much they bring home. They are the type described in Proverbs 31 (please read).. Why won't a man love such a woman deeply.. don't be deceived o cutie, God's original plan of life is still and always the best.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by boiz2men(m): 1:57pm On May 12, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Oops.....I tot most guys here are always harsh and raw, dats why am always ever ready to attack. It's like few good ones dey o cool......tanx. I wish you same.

There was so much hate in your posts. I have found love for God is LOVE grin
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by andysmith123(m): 2:43pm On May 12, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

God save you say you no even dey close to me, the kind blow wey I for land you for that your mouth wey dey run like bike so ehn, Oboy you go reset to default.
but on a more serios note,he is right,if your husband no turn to slave,e go remain small,i just dey imagine u for palour,cross ur leg,dey flip through newspaper con dey sip tea,while ur husband dey kitchen,hmmmm,make i dey go b4 she come beat me
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:01pm On May 12, 2019
tongue
boiz2men:

There was so much hate in your posts. I have found love for God is LOVE grin
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Deicide: 6:16pm On May 12, 2019
You see why we say women see Marriage as Business? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Sperm / My Boyfriend Is Gay / South African Lady Rapes Mad Man Cos Of Big D 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.