Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? (4016 Views)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Can Your Woman Be More Curvy And Sexy Than This Lady? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by QueenSekxy(f): 5:59am On May 11, 2019
Lemme call Lalasticlala
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by emmaodet: 7:08am On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:

How is cooking and doing chores my job? Where is it written that it's solely a woman's job to cook and do chores?

And pls, where is it written that a man should be the one providing, spending on woman, chasing and wooing women? Where?
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:22am On May 11, 2019
Misogynists everywhere! Spits!
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2019
[s]
UyaiIncomparabl:
This is so spot on, OP. Don't mind these misogynists. Their double standards are just so nauseating. All that I know is, I won't kill myself to please a man neither will I tear my skull because I want to show support in the home. This is why women should set standards for themselves. I'm very attracted to homely and family oriented guys, for me, if he can't cook or do basic chores and even match my sanity or atleast help to maintain the cleanliness around the home, then I'm just so getting outy!

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect to carry on like our lives revolve around you all.

Blurdy misogynists and sexists!
Take away kids and money from the table, and see that you all really have nothing to offer.
Where did they even evolve from? I wonder.
Until women start voicing out, these sexists will not give us peace!

[/s]
The solution to this rant is for you to stay unmarried or pay the dowry of your would-be husband or look for a toy boy to marry.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:29am On May 11, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
The solution to this rant is for you to stay unmarried or pay the dowry of your would-be husband or look for a toy boy to marry.

Iffa slap you ehn.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 9:14am On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:
The culture of women cooking and doing house chores was created at a time when women didn't work and just stayed at home all day as their husbands brought home food and money. Now that women also bring home money why should they be the ones to cook and do chores?

Why should a woman go to work, get home in the evening and still be the one to cook and clean the house while her husband who did the same amount of work as she just sits and relaxes? I think men should also cook and do house work.
She doesn't have to.
With all the working and earning the woman is doing, she can always employ a help.

Male helps are becoming more popular these days, just in case you don't trust the man you marry to keep it in his pants.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 9:18am On May 11, 2019
Tallesty1:
OK....

You can achieve what you want in few easy steps.

1. Make your money. Lost of it

2. Build your own house.

3. Get your own car.

4. Ask for a man's hand in marriage.

5. Collect list and do the traditional marriage and wedding.

He will never complain of doing all the chores
Nigerian women have not evolved to this point.

They don't like the traditional role of cooking and doing chores, but love the traditional role of having a man propose and giving them a wedding befitting of a princess...after fulfilling her marriage rites of course.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 9:21am On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
This is so spot on, OP. Don't mind these misogynists. Their double standards are just so nauseating. All that I know is, I won't kill myself to please a man neither will I tear my skull because I want to show support in the home. This is why women should set standards for themselves. I'm very attracted to homely and family oriented guys, for me, if he can't cook or do basic chores and even match my sanity or atleast help to maintain the cleanliness around the home, then I'm just so getting outy!

Don't marry men who will see chores as a taboo because society says their gender is kingly and then we should treat them like eggs, sorry, you don jam one chance. They will always say 'you can't tell a man to do chores'.. How so stupid that sounds! It's also same way you can't tell a woman to provide. You all will expect us to share bills, do all the chores, be submissive 100%, do not counter your opinions, cheat and tell us that 'Men are polygamous in nature' and expect to carry on like our lives revolve around you all.

Blurdy misogynists and sexists!
Take away kids and money from the table, and see that you all really have nothing to offer.
Where did they even evolve from? I wonder.
Until women start voicing out, these sexists will not give us peace!

Isn't money the most important thing you desire in a man, so why would you even want to remove it from the table?

You're funny in a contradictory way.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Ryan03(f): 10:13am On May 11, 2019
anonymuz:
You will still get tired of being a feminist. Well Shiloh is always open for you people.
Abeg stop all these shiloh story, i am a guy yet i Dont allow my girlfriend do all the work, and i'm sure i'll not allow my wife do same. My girlfriend work and once in a while, she cooks for me, i also cook when i am free and i know she will be closing late from work cause i have her house key. Thats the same way i want my marriage to be, the girl is right

6 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Ryan03(f): 10:19am On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

She doesn't have to.
With all the working and earning the woman is doing, she can always employ a help.

Male helps are becoming more popular these days, just in case you don't trust the man you marry to keep it in his pants.
My wife employ houseboy? God forbid! Make person come dey follow me chop my food? I rather do the house chores with her and chop my kpomo alone
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Ryan03(f): 10:24am On May 11, 2019
profolaolu:
"if she earns well" She doesn't need to do all the cooking alone, if is not a mumu, only a parasitic woman is use like a slave with no choice
I dey tell you bro, women should work and even all these men shouting "i cannot do house chores" will adjust. A woman who can take care of 40% of house bills is worth it

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 10:36am On May 11, 2019
Ryan03:
My wife employ houseboy? God forbid! Make person come dey follow me chop my food? I rather do the house chores with her and chop my kpomo alone
If you'll be assisting with the chores, then that option was not for you in the first place.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:36am On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

Isn't money the most important thing you desire in a man, so why would you even want to remove it from the table?

You're funny in a contradictory way.

You're wrong in a contradictory way.

Yes, he must be financially stable, but money isn't the topmost priority of what I want in a man or will you rather me settle for a broke imp?

Men should start being homely. Overgrown baby men everywhere!
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 10:47am On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're wrong in a contradictory way.

Yes, he must be financially stable, but money isn't the topmost priority of what I want in a man or will you rather me settle for a broke imp?

Men should start being homely. Overgrown baby men everywhere!
See, na talk you just dey talk.
Marry a billionaire and you will have no problem letting him be your overgrown baby man.

Even millionaire sef, and you won't be talking about him cooking or doing chores.
Las las you will go and employ domestic staff that will make life easier for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:50am On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

See na talk you just dey talk.
Marry a billionaire and you will have no problem letting him be your overgrown baby man.

Even millionaire sef, and you won't be talking about him cooking or doing chores.
Las las you will go and employ domestic staff that will make life easier for you.

Yes of course, crackhaus. smiley
Abi na wetin you expect? Make I work like Jackie make I get rheumatism before I clock 50, abi? I didn't come to this life to suffer.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by crackhaus: 10:55am On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Yes of course, crackhaus. smiley
Abi na wetin you expect? Make I work like Jackie make I get rheumatism before I clock 50, abi? I didn't come to this life to suffer.
Even if you're working like Jackie 24/7 but married to a millionaire or billionaire, you will be doing the cooking and chores without complain.

We know una. cheesy
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 11:15am On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:

I'm not married yet. I'm just of the opinion that if I get married my husband should also cook and do chores and not just me.

please don't marry then. marriage is not by force and obviously not for you. guys don't want to marry this days self. so lets all just do boyfriend and girlfriend and maintain our lanes Biko.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by aytuns(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

God save you say you no even dey close to me, the kind blow wey I for land you for that your mouth wey dey run like bike so ehn, Oboy you go reset to default.

LoL... Madam park well o.

But on a serious note, most black men want for a wife women that can help out in their own little way financially, and take charge of the domestic needs of the family.

So the narrative should be to encourage men to join in helping out on the domestic front (which many are already doing) rather than labelling men as misogynists.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:52pm On May 11, 2019
crackhaus:

Even if you're working like Jackie 24/7 but married to a millionaire or billionaire, you will be doing the cooking and chores without complain.

We know una. cheesy

Hmmmm. I no go do am. Trust me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:24pm On May 11, 2019
Sandrazima:

How is cooking and doing chores my job? Where is it written that it's solely a woman's job to cook and do chores?

Please don't type this again, you are de-marketing your self and am even ashamed.

Conclusion - If you cannot cook, why not start learning it . Indomie lady spotted
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
It's an African belief, a backward outdated kind of lifestyle. House chores and cooking is supposed to be shared by couples in this modern era, if both are working class. Gradually, the tables will turn, probably in few decades time.

So you mean, you will be happy to see your husband washing your plate full oil that you used for eating? Please is not mandatory to marry, stop disgracing other women
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmmmm. I no go do am. Trust me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You better go marry America man wey go use gun take talk too you

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:39pm On May 11, 2019
So you mean he should be happy to see me washing plates full of oil? A wife or hubby can wash plates. No big deal. If you feel otherwise, then suit yourself.
EMEKUSBOY9:

So you mean, you will be happy to see your husband washing your plate full oil that you used for eating? Please is not mandatory to marry, stop disgracing other women

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
So you mean he should be happy to see me washing plates full of oil? A wife or hubby can wash plates. No bigl deal. If you feel otherwise, then suit yourself.

OK oo
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 5:57pm On May 11, 2019
aytuns:

Are you married?
if No, please until you've changed your ideology, stay away from men.

if yes... damn, that man is in trouble
The man is not in any trouble. He can kick her out anytime and go get an actual wife. Some of these ladies are only good for relationship. Marriage is beyond them.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 11, 2019
Na so marital revolution dey start!

Western ladies was actually relegated to the kitchen once, they had no say in matters. But look at them now.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 6:07pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
So you mean he should be happy to see me washing plates full of oil? A wife or hubby can wash plates. No big deal. If you feel otherwise, then suit yourself.
When you see the man that wants to marry you please let him know all of this. Don't come to advise married people when you're not married. Don't advise mothers until you're one. It's a free world. Please do what you want ma. As Tonto Dike is messing her image up on social media, she's not affecting any man in Nigeria. It's your marriage. It's your home. Handle it the way you want and also bear any resulting consequence.
Wives don't see cooking as chores. Even men have their marital roles. When you have your own children, please sit down on the chair, let your husband carry the babies, wash and clean and breastfeed them as well. Sit down and watch TV.
You think marriage is relationship. It isn't.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 6:09pm On May 11, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Na so marital revolution dey start!

Western ladies was actually relegated to the kitchen once, they had no say in matters. But look at them now.
Western ladies don't confer provider and breadwinner roles on men.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:40pm On May 11, 2019
Go back and read the post, digest it properly before you quote me. The topic is about sharing house chores, not about wifey sitting down to watch TV, while hubby sweats it out with chores. As for my personal life, that's my business, not yours. Anyone can share his or her opinion on a forum like this.
Foodforthought:

When you see the man that wants to marry you please let him know all of this. Don't come to advise married people when you're not married. Don't advise mothers until you're one. It's a free world. Please do what you want ma. As Tonto Dike is messing her image up on social media, she's not affecting any man in Nigeria. It's your marriage. It's your home. Handle it the way you want and also bear any resulting consequence.
Wives don't see cooking as chores. Even men have their marital roles. When you have your own children, please sit down on the chair, let your husband carry the babies, wash and clean and breastfeed them as well. Sit down and watch TV.
You think marriage is relationship. It isn't.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 11, 2019
Foodforthought:

Western ladies don't confer provider and breadwinner roles on men.
The outcome of a revolution isn't overnight sir.
Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 11, 2019
I see!!! You need to record yourselves, and then listen to yourselves talk. We Nigerians are slowly going insane. We like to copy americans and talk about feminism. In africa why should women cook instead of men? That was why Precious Palm Royal Hotel in benin city, wanted me to barb my hair low cut, because I am a man and this is africa (I have eye witnesses, incase they want to deny me). I tried to ask if I can do any other hairstyle, that is if they feel it is rough or will scare customers, but they refused. That only women are allowed to do hairstyles in africa. See please don't play games with me, I can break somebody's head. If they try to push the "only male celebrities who are entertainers do hairstyles" button. Me I can't marry a women, who can't perform her traditional responsibilities as a wife. And that includes cooking.

Re: Why Should A Woman Be The One To Cook And Do Chores If She Earns As Well? by Foodforthought: 7:58pm On May 11, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Go back and read the post, digest it properly before you quote me. The topic is about sharing house chores, not about wifey sitting down to watch TV, while hubby sweats it out with chores. As for my personal life, that's my business, not yours. Anyone can share his or her opinion on a forum like this.
If you understand English, you will notice I did not disagree with your opinion, neither did I stop you from sharing it. I said that everyone can say what they want, and do what they want. But our opinions are better reflected in our own choices. If it works for you and your husband, do it. Likewise men who don't allow that for their wives have the right to do so, don't criminalise it. What is a man looking for in marriage?. They can as well impregnate one woman, visit brothels all their lives. pay child care....and then do their own chores in their own houses. What does a woman add to a man? But then it is your type that will still come and tag them irresponsible. To your tent, O Israel.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Solving Problems For My Wife's Married Friends / 18+ Why I Will Always Be Attracted To Big Yansh - Photos / Guys, Avoid Neighborhood Romance. E Get Why.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.