Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (68379 Views)

I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by tmakins1: 10:43am On May 22, 2019
i truly share your pain....suicide should not be an option just because of your kids all i have to say is just keep praying and i know he will be calm. i have read ur comment b4 on how it started and i know u really made a hell of mistake. please i beg of you suicide should be out of it

Marbella003:
I took some of the advice from my previous thread and told my husband what happened. Here is the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5162191/cheated-husband-guy-work-dont

I was genuine shedding tears as I relayed my shameful experience to him. I apologized and begged for him to forgive me and I promised to never repeat such again. I thought he'd understand and forgive me. But I was wrong. My husband now wants a divorce. Actually, he has sent me and the kids out of his house. I have a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 2. My husband said he doesn't think he is the father. I assured him that he is and that he should get a DNA test to confirm. But he refused.

I rented a 2 bedroom flat somewhere close to my office. This is where I currently stay. Since leaving my husband's house I have only received a phone call from him where he stated the date that he and I were going to visit my parents who are currently in my village. He told me that if I wasn't going to come, he'd go alone and tell them what happened and why he decided to divorce me.

I feel like my life is over. I can't face my parents and tell them what I've done. It's very shameful. I can't even face my friends and relations. I feel like I'm drowning a pool of shame and despair. I can't imagine being a single mother at this age. I love my husband and I enjoyed our marriage. I can't imagine it all being over.

I called my colleague and told him everything. He said that I shouldn't hold him responsible for anything since our rendezvous was based on mutual consent. He said he doesn't want to have anything to with me and we should keep our relationship at work very platonic so as not to raise eyebrows of those who might link him to what happened with me.

I'm utterly hopeless. I feel like taking my life. I almost took this action yesterday but I pitied my children. But with every passing day I feel like suicide is the only way to end my pain. I wish I had listened to those people who advised me to keep what I did a secret. I wanted to, but every time I was with my husband I felt I was constantly betraying him by hiding the truth from him. I just want to die. I can't bare this pain anymore.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by jampro123(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2019
I keep saying it, time has come when we should have this mind to accept cheating in marriages. That is why it is good we communicate to each other at all times. There is nothing communication cannot solve. If my wife cheats out of lust I will not get angry. I will only get angry when she cheats out of emotions. Men should start learning how to have real fun with their wives. I know it is not easy but that is the future.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by olanrewaju99(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2019
Chubhie:
Your husband lack compassion. That's too extreme from him. Regardless, you should stay strong. Its not the end of the world if your husband seeks divorce and wants nothing to do with the kids. You could go far away and start a new life with your kids.

Hopefully, you've learnt your lessons albeit in a very painful manner. Be open to love again. A man that matches your energy could come along and see you as the centre of his universe.
don't add up more fuel to the fire burning already, been betrayed by someone you trusted most can scatter alot of things. Madam forget about suicide and think of your kids am sure your hubby will still accept you back so far you are sure he's the biological father to the kids it will take time. Think twice before taking any action some action can't be reverse. Be strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:45am On May 22, 2019
fixmykey:

1. You are a good woman. Before culture, religion and the Government law. you have paid your due and you have been cleaned and set free.
why do you want to take your life? HELL NO...... from your story you have a good job so dont let it slow you. African men problem, If a man find his wife cheating problem but if a woman find the husband cheating nothing happens. i can understand your position. Be bold and face your family. As long as you have confessed to him and before GOD. you are free even the juju in your village will salute you say kai madam you finish me. Go and sin no more.

Gbam! I agree!!!
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by OLAJADON: 10:45am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:
I took some of the advice from my previous thread and told my husband what happened. Here is the thread:

I was genuine shedding tears as I relayed my shameful experience to him. I apologized and begged for him to forgive me and I promised to never repeat such again. I thought he'd understand and forgive me. But I was wrong. My husband now wants a divorce. Actually, he has sent me and the kids out of his house. I have a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 2. My husband said he doesn't think he is the father. I assured him that he is and that he should get a DNA test to confirm. But he refused.

I rented a 2 bedroom flat somewhere close to my office. This is where I currently stay. Since leaving my husband's house I have only received a phone call from him where he stated the date that he and I were going to visit my parents who are currently in my village. He told me that if I wasn't going to come, he'd go alone and tell them what happened and why he decided to divorce me.

I feel like my life is over. I can't face my parents and tell them what I've done. It's very shameful. I can't even face my friends and relations. I feel like I'm drowning a pool of shame and despair. I can't imagine being a single mother at this age. I love my husband and I enjoyed our marriage. I can't imagine it all being over.

I called my colleague and told him everything. He said that I shouldn't hold him responsible for anything since our rendezvous was based on mutual consent. He said he doesn't want to have anything to with me and we should keep our relationship at work very platonic so as not to raise eyebrows of those who might link him to what happened with me.

I'm utterly hopeless. I feel like taking my life. I almost took this action yesterday but I pitied my children. But with every passing day I feel like suicide is the only way to end my pain. I wish I had listened to those people who advised me to keep what I did a secret. I wanted to, but every time I was with my husband I felt I was constantly betraying him by hiding the truth from him. I just want to die. I can't bare this pain anymore.
I won't lie to you, it is very hard for a man to forgive a cheating partner. even if he accept you and the kids back the scare will still be there, and anytime you guys have issues, he might bring it up, even you won't enjoy the marriage again.
I don't know the best advice to give, because even I that I'm talking can only forgive a cheating partner, I can never forget. wallahi I can't, for the rest of my life I will always suspect her every move.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by yesloaded: 10:46am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

I read your first episode

Firstly, I salute your courage to have confessed your sins to your husband

Secondly, he's hurt right now & its either he accept your pleas or divorce you completely

Men dislike to be cheated, and to be sincere we are hot tempered than women when it comes to cheating.

Personally, I will call it quit with a cheating wife.

Suicide is not an option at all, accept your fate if eventually your husband divorce you completely but don't let that happens again should you remarry. Cheating is an habit that's difficult to curb, believe me if you hubby should forgive you easily you will definitely go back to you vomit with the mindset of 'I won't do it again after this time'.

It is well with you
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:46am On May 22, 2019
kunleweb:

Can we both follow it up together to reconcile both parties? How can I be of assistance.

How can I help too?
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by 77up(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2019
Beckham14:
When you were spreading your legs like blue band you never thought of the love you had for that innocent man who put a roof over your head, you never thought of the "marriage" you wish to protect, Now you have lost the trust your parents had for you, and might as well lose the love of your kids when your "ex" husband tells them how promiscuous their mother is and how adventurous she can be with the dick in an hotel room.
Some mistakes are avoidable and you don't have any excuse to give for this silly mistake you brought upon yourself.
May God bless that your "ex" husband for handling that heart shattering news with such calmness, not all men can wait till you finish your sexcapdes without registering some thunderous blows on your face.
The m0ron who fuucked you like a cheap slut has dump you like a piece of trash.
Before you think of killing yourself by yourself, take those innocent children to your parents. I won't stop you from doing what you feel best for you, After all, you didn't seek for our opinions when you wanted to collect the dick.
Put yourself together and accept your fate.
Rest well.
Seriously, you sound harsh here but trust me, you are right . She kept receiving one dirty dick while the poor man struggling to feed you and your kids .

You did well by opened up but enjoy the consequences of your shameless act while it last.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by rayval(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2019
You did what you had to do.
Now he wants to do what he needs to do..

You do not have the right to wail.

Your body integrity level is absolutely low. You will always do this same thing over and over again. It is not a curse, but a fact.

Do not pollute another live(s) with yours. Respect your husband integrity and that of the child unborn if you still think of any. I only pity your children, the innocent lives whom you have no respect . Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with your life. It is nobody's but yours.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by jujunaty(m): 10:47am On May 22, 2019
Chubhie:
Your husband lack compassion. That's too extreme from him. Regardless, you should stay strong. Its not the end of the world if your husband seeks divorce and wants nothing to do with the kids. You could go far away and start a new life with your kids.

Hopefully, you've learnt your lessons albeit in a very painful manner. Be open to love again. A man that matches your energy could come along and see you as the centre of his universe.
when you are married, you must be faced with this same type of situation and you are going to have compassion in Jesus name, amen.
Imagine your mother telling your father that she cheated on him last week, and she is sorry
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Cvomovers: 10:47am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

Dont kill yourself. Fine,You messed up, and you did the right thing by cnfessing, Im sure even God will be happy with you for speaking up despite the consequences. Dont do anything silly..... Because time heals all kinds of wounds..... And you can always talk to God about it.... Once more you did the right thing by confessing don't get that twisted.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by babyfaceafrica: 10:48am On May 22, 2019
jampro123:
I keep saying it, time has come when we should have this mind to accept cheating in marriages. That is why it is good we communicate to each other at all times. There is nothing communication cannot solve. If my wife cheats out of lust I will not get angry. I will only get angry when she cheats out of emotions. Men should start learning how to have real fun with their wives. I know it is not easy but that is the future.
lolz..not for me...if I don't cheat,why should my wife cheat?... look it is not by force for someone to stay in marriage ..if my wife sees someine better than me...she should leave and go after the person...she cant have me and the person... that is greed.. I won't accept that!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

At the time you posted your initial message, this was my response to you........

If you ignored all other advices and did this, you would not be on the verge of a divorce........

Divorce is not the end of your world, you are better off divorced and happy, than married and possibly dead or living with a husband that would never trust you again......

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Altern8(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2019
Chubhie:

It appears you lack sense. So when someone cheats on you for a reason that’s not even your own fault, you must accept their apology and take them back by force?

What did the poor man do to deserve this betrayal? All he did was grow old into his 40s like a normal human being, acting mature and being financially stable. But she chose to be with someone younger and now said husband must be compassionate after such betrayal?

You sure you don’t need to have your brain checked? Cos I think you do.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by ceeceeuwa: 10:49am On May 22, 2019
I don't know why people believe and take this fake story serious undecided

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by jrusky(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2019
Woman I can understand your husband agony which showed he truly loves you before marrying you and he so trusted you that is why the bell of your betrayal kept ringing on his head, woman only few men can stand such i have to be honest with you but pls keep looking for way to settle the matter.

Pls hope the man you slept with is not still pesting you around or sending you text messages? Hope you are not still seen the man you cheated with? Hope the man that sleot with has not started making mockery of your husbandetc madam check yourself because I know you women hhmmm......talking from experience (that is how one wizard Delilah came on social media calling her ex 40 second man but never tell us how the 40 second man gave her a beautiful boy) but if your heart clears you as a total change person don't give up in settling the matter and pls never try such again it's a painful thing that only very few man can handle.

God bless.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by owila4luv(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2019
every advice you got was base on 50/50 chance of Your marriage survival! you don't expect your husband to hug you, let you lie by him and call you baby with the taught you've cheated, it's not possible! since you fancy that guy i sincerely think its time he show you he truely care. Point of correction "you don't love your husband" cos if you do you won't open your legs(temple) for another man in the name of fun so suit your self.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Mac2016(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Who is this one again?
Abeg shift jor
Babe, suicide shd be the last resolve
Am just trying to help save a soul
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by dokyOloye: 10:51am On May 22, 2019
rafhell:
Something tells me the OP is a big liar.
Let us read between the lines. You put out your post 11 days ago asking for advice. In eleven days, all these drama had played out.
You even got a 2 bedroom accommodation close to your work place and you already moved in with the kids.
Madam or whoever you are, not everybody on nairaland is daft.

Nice storyline BTW
And her English is too structured and composed to be that of an average lady on the streets who is in d middle of such trying times.
Sounds more like a professional writer.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Fhowe: 10:52am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

OP sorry,and this should serve as a lesson to other females reading this.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Hardemolar42: 10:52am On May 22, 2019
[i][/i]Not a good speech for her current state sadi
Beckham14:
When you were spreading your legs like blue you never thought of the love you had for that innocent man who put a roof over your head, you never thought of the "marriage" you wish to protect, Now you have lost the trust your parents had for you, and might as well lose the love of your kids when your "ex" husband tells them how promiscuous their mother is and how adventurous she can be with the dick in an hotel room.
Some mistakes are avoidable and you don't have any excuse to give for this silly mistake you brought upon yourself.
May God bless that your "ex" husband for handling that heart shattering news with such calmness, not all men can wait till you finish your sexcapdes without registering some thunderous blows on your face.
Before you think of killing yourself by yourself, take those innocent children to your parents. I won't stop you from doing what you feel best for you, After all, you didn't seek for our opinions when you wanted to collect the dick.
Rest well.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by blackengineerr: 10:53am On May 22, 2019
Why in the world did you cheat? Is that quarter-hour experience now worth the pain you are going through
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by princeso2020(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2019
I do not know if this topic is real but i have followed and comments on this very issue. I have heard similar experience on things like this. If you are real person get in contact with me on this number: 08027454606 or email: princesoso2020@yahoo.com
I do not if the admin will permit me putting my phone number here but you can call me anyway. I am a man and what i am going to tell you would help you out of this issues
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Kpandex(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2019
I'm speechless for now. Let me reinforce and come back first.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by kunleweb: 10:54am On May 22, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

How can I help too?

If the story isn't a fake, if its real we three can form a WhatsApp group and team up on steps to take to reconcile both. There's life left in this situation. It's too. Minor to end a marriage however big it is in the eyes of people.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Awe4luv(m): 10:55am On May 22, 2019
powerkey:
Be Strong.

it's better the way you confessed to him.

Yes, it's also better you pay the price of your sin now.

You are free now in the sense that you have confessed and therefore the burden is now on him.

However, you need to make efforts to reconcile. use your pastor (not the type that will take advantage of your situation).

Use your brother, any good family member will do.

And finally, Separate yourself from that useless guy/man in your office that took advantage of you.

Hate him with all the strength in you....

I will follow up on you and I assure you that your husband will return.
women are always funny....took advantage u say?...when it was mutually consented to?
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by OKNM: 10:55am On May 22, 2019
rafhell:
Something tells me the OP is a big liar.
Let us read between the lines. You put out your post 11 days ago asking for advice. In eleven days, all these drama had played out.
You even got a 2 bedroom accommodation close to your work place and you already moved in with the kids.
Madam or whoever you are, not everybody on nairaland is daft.

Nice storyline BTW

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2019
Beckham14:
When you were spreading your legs like blue band you never thought of the love you had for that innocent man who put a roof over your head, you never thought of the "marriage" you wish to protect, Now you have lost the trust your parents had for you, and might as well lose the love of your kids when your "ex" husband tells them how promiscuous their mother is and how adventurous she can be with the dick in an hotel room.
Rest well.

In as much that I'm not in support of what the young lady did, this your response is too brutal at this stage for someone contemplating sucide. We are all aware of the sucide rate currently in our surrounding, at least show some concern.

Back to the op, this is an unfortunate situation but no matter how the case may be, please don't take your life. I'm going to quote you and continue from there.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by daddyfreeman1(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2019
Do you know the reason why your husband divorce you? Because the imagination on how his fellow man banged his own wife kept rewinding on his head. As in he is like seeing both of you (you and your concobin) having s*x .. In his mind, he'll be like, "so after my fellow man banged my wife with his prick pour sperm, I go carry my own prick put, God forbid, I must divorce this woman".. That's why he divorced you. Some people will understand what I meant... If Na me, I will also do the same thing ooo.. I don't think God can forgive, because as you're reading this my write up, I don't think I can even forgive you, right now I feel like beating you onbehalf of your husband ... I don't know why girls of nowadays Do not have sense... Nonsense and ingredients. Suffer for your since. Olosho 1kobo.. Idiot

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by alizma: 10:57am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

I hope you will have time to read this. First of all, I am happy for you for having the courage to confess your sin. No matter what happened, you are going to leave with the joy of confession and secondly, you are going to be admit by some people. However, if i had been privileged to read your previous post, i wouldn't have advised you to confess to your husband but i would have asked you to sincerely repent and face your family.
Now lets face the issue on ground. First of all you need to know that your husband is hurt and he has push the issue to a stage(allowing you and the kids out of his presence) that it is almost impossible for you guys not to divorce. So you need to brace up for the truth and the only easiest possible way to reverse his plan is to key into his plan. Yes, you need to politely make him feel like you have accept your fate. Don't beg again but be soft in response to his conversation yet don't object or beg. In addition to that don't be the one to tell any other person except he did. Why do i say so, the more people gets to know, the more he feels less confidence as a man.
Two days to the date he gives you, call him or send him a text to ask for the time for the meeting.
If he move on with the plan, be strong and go on with it but at no point should you be the one to state what happened.
On the contrary, if at any point before the day, he spears to give you listening ears for more discussion on the issue, assured him that you will give up your present job and get another one if that will be OK by him but don't give up your job until things go back normal.
Finally, at this point God alone has perfect answer to your trouble be, be prayerful and be strong. You will overcome.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cedricksly: 10:57am On May 22, 2019
Marbella003:

I'm sorry to say this, but you are a very Wicked & God forsaken woman... I can imagine the pain and trauma that man is going through right now. It's like I'm the person coz I'm feeling his pain.
And don't you ever say you love your husband, You don't love him, if you do, that love will out weigh that urge of sex & your loyalty will prevail. You don't live him, you are just used to him.
BUT I RESPECT YOUR COURAGE TO SAY THE TRUTH, THE FIRST STEP OF REDEMPTION IS SAYING THE TRUTH & FEELING REMORSEFUL....

I pray God overlook your foolishness & save your marriage by touching the heart of your husband to be merciful that is if your heart actually feel remorse.. & if he forgives you pls show him how sorry you are and resign From that work, or ask for a transfer out of there if possible..... U will overcome,... I'm sorry once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / 'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / 11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.