Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Reason Why You Must Fear God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Why You Must Fear God (7535 Views)

The Generation That Don't Fear God / How Can You Love And Fear God? / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by kevoh(m): 11:35am On May 12, 2019
Xavi2019:
I'm a Christian, and a strong believer and I accept there's God and we should as Christians love and respect Him, but OP what you just typed up there isn't a REASON, not to talk of a strong enough reason to fear God...
To be sincere, i was expecting a more logical reason.....
At what point, does one consider 'an analogy/example/fact' to be a more logical reason to fear a god?
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Amanda4life: 11:36am On May 12, 2019
KingLennon:
Throughout my life on earth with all the things I have seen. I can bodly conclude that God is to be feared.

After God fear women....

Rabiss
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Amanda4life: 11:41am On May 12, 2019
l beg , o who is. This person lyting with led bilo

Shee kosi?
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Xavi2019: 11:44am On May 12, 2019
kevoh:

At what point, does one consider 'an analogy/example/fact' to be a more logical reason to fear a god?
Read my comment again, and see if I used the word "fear"...
Happy Sunday
And Happy Ramadan to you...
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by kevoh(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2019
Xavi2019:

Read my comment again, and see if I used the word "fear"...
Happy Sunday
And Happy Ramadan to you...
Being clever by half, innit? You did use the word ''fear" in your comment it's there for everyone to see. If you are now saying that your comment meant Christians (people)should not fear (their) god then but respect this god, then my question still remains valid, at what point does one consider 'an analogy/example/fact' to be a more logical reason to fear love and respect a god?

Happy Sunday and Ramadan to you too. grin

Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by hopefulLandlord: 12:32pm On May 12, 2019
My oga CAPSLOCKED. keep keep up the good work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 12:39pm On May 12, 2019
LordReed:

BTW

Dawkins is known as an outspoken atheist. He is well known for his criticism of creationism and intelligent design.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins

That was before. Human beings change or modify their views based on experience and increased knowledge.
That's why you must take your stand on issues and not just join the bandwagon.
Dawkins can make his peace with his Creator at the point of death and step into heaven while his gullible followers will not.
Every aboki with im kettle.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Dantedasz(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2019
salt1:

Source?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwjo5Yje4JXiAhWF1eAKHaKzCEkQwqsBMAF6BAgHEAo&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

THIS LINK IS NOT WORKING. PLEASE COULD YOU FIX IT. tongue
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 12:43pm On May 12, 2019
LordReed:

Fix your link, it doesn't work.

Apologies! Please type Richard Dawkins and Intelligent Design on YouTube. It's a short clip, so don't fear for your data
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 12:50pm On May 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

THE HIGHEST OF FOOLS, IS THE MAN THAT ACCEPTS AND NURTURES RUBBISH CLAIMS THAT HAS NEVER AND PROBABLY CAN NEVER BE PROVEN IN ANYWAY.

DON'T TELL ME I'M GOING TO HELL BECAUSE I'M NOT BOUND BY YOUR DUMB THEOLOGY.

WHAT YOU CALL FACT, IS THE UNACCEPTABLE NONSENSE THAT ONLY INSENSIBLE AND WEAK MEMBERS OF THE SOCIETY, UNABLE TO EXAMINE THINGS THEMSELVES ACCEPT AND HOLD ON TO FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

And the insolence continues! You throw insults like water.
Your level of intolerance for contrary opinion is mind- boggling. For daring to disagree with you, the other person is 'rubbish', 'dumb', ' nonsense' ' insensible' and ' weak'.
I ask your gracious wisdomness, what have you invented or produced with your great wisdom. You produce only insults.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Tabbaz(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2019
OK o
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by oluwasegun007(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH YOUR GOD BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIM (OR IT).

MY PROBLEM HOWEVER IS THE PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT STOP ME ON THE ROAD, OR LITTERS MY NEWSFEED WITH STORIES ABOUT YOUR GOD, ABOUT HIS MESSAGES TO YOU, ABOUT WHAT AND WHAT HE WANTS, AND HOW I'M GOING TO DIE AND GO TO HELL IF I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY.

MY PROBLEM IS THE MEN THAT BOMB OTHER PEOPLE FOR NOT BELIEVING GOD.

MY PROBLEM IS THE MEN THAT DEPRIVE WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF THEIR PEACE BECAUSE IT'S THE WILL OF GOD.

MY PROBLEM IS THE PEOPLE REFUSING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THINGS, THEY BLAME OTHERS FOR THEIR WRONGS AND PRAISE GOD FOR THE GOOD THINGS.

PEOPLE LET PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE THEIR GOD CONDEMNS BLOOD TRANSFUSION.

PEOPLE MURDER OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE THEIR GOD IS NOT A FRIEND TO THE MAN THAT LOVES HIS FELLOW MAN.

IN SUMMARY, GODS ARE NOT MY BUSINESS. THE PROBLEM IS HUMANS LIKE US WHO DO THE WORST USING THE NAME OF THEIR FAVORITE GOD.

One spotted... Very strong negative energy.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by oluwasegun007(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2019
Kingkun69:
if you don't want comment post it in the religious forum don't force religion on ppl sad

My own is, didn't you see the subject of the thread before opening it...

I for one don't open all thread.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Xavi2019: 1:20pm On May 12, 2019
kevoh:

Being clever by half, innit? You did use the word ''fear" in your comment it's there for everyone to see. If you are now saying that your comment meant Christians (people)should not fear (their) god then but respect this god, then my question still remains valid, at what point does one consider 'an analogy/example/fact' to be a more logical reason to fear love and respect a god?

Happy Sunday and Ramadan to you too. grin
Lol,
I said "love" and "respect", and later on was trying to reference the OP's statement.
Go and charge your phone, oga, I refuse to be drawn into your fight wink wink
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by BabyApple(m): 1:33pm On May 12, 2019
CallMeGod:
hundreds of thousands of years of evolution did...not the magic man in the sky
My brother in humanity , Allah owns absolute control of the entire universe including yourself. Do you believe
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by backbone503(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2019
salt1:

There are different kinds of fear. There is filial fear. I have my old mother. I fear making her unhappy. She can't flog me for disobeying her (I hope she doesn't try!)

We love God so much that we fear displeasing Him

I respect your opinion. It shows deeper understanding and wisdom. But I still firmly stand by my earlier comment. God is too loving to be feared. There is actually no basis to fear (however you wish to define it) God.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by KingNom(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2019
To everyone blaming God for the evils in the world, Kindly note that He created the world and put humans in charge! Gen.1:23 forward

You are in charge, find out from the bible how to full exercise your rights as a person of power
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by backbone503(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2019
Akuruoulo:

Boy , stop talking stupidity out of wisdom .

Social media really offers niwits like you a veritable platform and balls to say things you'd never had said physically.

I have nothing else to say to you. Wallow in your abject ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Horiolah(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
salt1:

And the insolence continues! You throw insults like water.
Your level of intolerance for contrary opinion is mind- boggling. For daring to disagree with you, the other person is 'rubbish', 'dumb', ' nonsense' ' insensible' and ' weak'.
I ask your gracious wisdomness, what have you invented or produced with your great wisdom. You produce only insults.

Pls remind me what your Bible called unbelievers?? bloody hypocrite...
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by herich(m): 1:52pm On May 12, 2019
Bossjakande:
u are a fool u will face pains in hell

And a political and tribal bigot like you will go/make heaven?
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Etuagievin(m): 2:03pm On May 12, 2019
Xavi2019:
I'm a Christian, and a strong believer and I accept there's God and we should as Christians love and respect Him, but OP what you just typed up there isn't a REASON, not to talk of a strong enough reason to fear God...
To be sincere, i was expecting a more logical reason.....
. If you truly believe in God u can come up with a more logical reason too. The OP tried .
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On May 12, 2019
salt1:

That was before. Human beings change or modify their views based on experience and increased knowledge.
That's why you must take your stand on issues and not just join the bandwagon.
Dawkins can make his peace with his Creator at the point of death and step into heaven while his gullible followers will not.
Every aboki with im kettle.

Which before? You think if Dawkins made such a monumental change to his stance that sentence will still be on his Wikipedia page? Go to his foundation website https://www.richarddawkins.net/ and show me where he acknowledged intelligent design as correct.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On May 12, 2019
salt1:

Apologies! Please type Richard Dawkins and Intelligent Design on YouTube. It's a short clip, so don't fear for your data

You mean this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoncJBrrdQ8

Where he says its possible the universe was seeded by an intelligent race that itself evolved by explicable means? Is this what you says means Dawkins has shifted position on ID? LMAO! Kai see clutching straws.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Heathen777(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2019
If a crow
salt1:

There are different kinds of fear. There is filial fear. I have my old mother. I fear making her unhappy. She can't flog me for disobeying her (I hope she doesn't try!)

We love God so much that we fear displeasing Him

Because if you do, and don't repent he burns you for all eternity.

That's definitely not someone I would want to love to begin with.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by follock007(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2019
Fear. By changing the syllabi F you get a V and V = W,T-TH,P-PH

I am taking up W. So, fear is Wear. Wear God (Put on the armor of God. Means to use God as a weapon. No?). So how can you fear what you are using? Does English still have a meaning in this Aquarius age? I am waiting for answers to my questions or prayers.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Ajibaba101(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2019
See why knowledge is important even to your spiritual life https://explicitsuccess.com/importance-of-business-knowledge/
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by Dantedasz(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2019
LordReed:

You mean this one:

Where he says its possible the universe was seeded by an intelligent race that itself evolved by explicable means? Is this what you says means Dawkins has shifted position on ID? LMAO! Kai see clutching straws.

Lord Reed at times I envy your patience. It's like banging your head on a concrete wall....
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 2:52pm On May 12, 2019
Horiolah:

Pls remind me what your Bible called unbelievers?? bloody hypocrite...

May my God bless you. Amen.
Thanks for the name calling
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 2:53pm On May 12, 2019
backbone503:

I respect your opinion. It shows deeper understanding and wisdom. But I still firmly stand by my earlier comment. God is too loving to be feared. There is actually no basis to fear (however you wish to define it) God.

No problem. Thanks
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 2:55pm On May 12, 2019
Heathen777:
If a crow

Because if you do, and don't repent he burns you for all eternity.

That's definitely not someone I would want to love to begin with.

Your opinion. Your life.
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by salt1: 2:59pm On May 12, 2019
LordReed:

You mean this one:

Clutching at straws to achieve what?
I was just pointing out to you that there are numerous examples of those who have shifted posts as regards religion.
I don't need others to validate my belief. I'm comfortable with Who I believe in. Thanks for discussing for so long
Re: Reason Why You Must Fear God by LordReed(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2019
Dantedasz:

Lord Reed at times I envy your patience. It's like banging your head on a concrete wall....

I don't mind the occasional civil discuss but XxSabrinaxX is the true champion of patience.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.