Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD (5007 Views)

Car Convertion From Rhd To Lhd / How To Know If A Car Has Been Converted From Rhd To Lhd? / Converting A Toyota Corolla 2006 UK Model From RHD To LHD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 5:53am On May 14, 2019
lekbel09:
y not? Lemme just see my money back and small gain
You will not see your money back. You will lose the buying price, lose the transportation costs to the port, lose the custom's clearance fees, the only return you'll get is the cost of shipping from the UK to Nigeria.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 5:56am On May 14, 2019
CityNGR:

You will not see your money back. You will lose the buying price, lose the transportation costs to the port, lose the custom's clearance fees, the only return you'll get is the cost of shipping from the UK to Nigeria.
are u kiddingme? How much is RHD corolla here in naija?
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 6:49am On May 14, 2019
I do not have your time

lekbel09:
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 8:21am On May 14, 2019
lekbel09:

Sir, why not leave people in Nairaland alone, so many of them are biased against RHD. Converting RHD is not BAD.... And you won't lose money if you plan to resell.

Some people are bitterly against it, but there's nothing there, just make sure all the basics are properly done.

Dashboard, steering rack, pedals, wiper. get booths and bonnets control right, just a few of the basic things... And also the fuseboard in the car, let it be done neatly

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by adehab: 9:06am On May 14, 2019
Honestly it is a bad buy..

You will loose either way.. Selling as it is.. Or selling after conversion..

The deed is done.. Get ready to loose if you are reselling.

No matter how perfect the mechanics are, people will eventually know a converted Vehicle..

Lesson: Consult before taking steps
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 11:41am On May 14, 2019
Mayor555:

Sir, why not leave people in Nairaland alone, so many of them are biased against RHD. Converting RHD is not BAD.... And you won't lose money if you plan to resell.

Some people are bitterly against it, but there's nothing there, just make sure all the basics are properly done.

Dashboard, steering rack, pedals, wiper. get booths and bonnets control right, just a few of the basic things... And also the fuseboard in the car, let it be done neatly
So if you see LHD and rhd you'll take the RHD? mayor always talk true.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 11:53am On May 14, 2019
CityNGR:

So if you see LHD and rhd you'll take the RHD? mayor always talk true.

Ahh, Oga mi, I will choose LHD over RHD all the time.

I'm only trying to help the op, because he already bought the car(RHD).

Trying to let him understand it's not a death sentence as many are painting it to be.

I will never consciously pick RHD, only if it is ridiculously cheap.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 11:57am On May 14, 2019
adehab:
Honestly it is a bad buy..

You will loose either way.. Selling as it is.. Or selling after conversion..

The deed is done.. Get ready to loose if you are reselling.

No matter how perfect the mechanics are, people will eventually know a converted Vehicle..

Lesson: Consult before taking steps

You haven't seen things... Hmmmmmm.
Some people will go as far as changing the Driver's seat, change 'sun shade'
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 14, 2019
lekbel09:
OK thanks appreciate it, so u mean naija technicians can't do a thorough job for the conversion.

06 Corolla is too small that naija technicians can't convert.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by CityNGR: 12:58pm On May 14, 2019
THANKS FOR THE HONESTY. I HAVE A RHD COVERTED BUT I REFUSED TO SELL TO SERIOUS BUYERS....WHY? I LOVE MY REPUTATION. SO I PREFER TO USE JEJELY.

Mayor555:

Ahh, Oga mi, I will choose LHD over RHD all the time.

I'm only trying to help the op, because he already bought the car(RHD).

Trying to let him understand it's not a death sentence as many are painting it to be.

I will never consciously pick RHD, only if it is ridiculously cheap.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by thebigkendo(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2019
4llerbuntu:
Why do I get the feeling this uncle is actually you? cheesy

Is like you are a demeanor car dealer grin

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2019
thebigkendo:

Is like you are a demeanor car dealer grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

mba o. i just apply my detective sense ni
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
its not a problem at all, if he buys it there he should make sure he does the conversion there. It’s not just about changing dashboard, there are lots of intricacies involved and at the end of the day it would be penny wise, pound foolîsh. He can easily go into mainland Europe and get the car, ship it down if he really wants to buy it himself
Restrictions like please name two
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:11pm On May 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
there are those who can do a great job but financially at the end of the day is it worth it ? Especially when you consider how much you’ll spend buying a LHD at once.
its cheap at that age in the UK.80% of the 206 you see in Lagos come from the UK

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2019
lekbel09:
what car were u able to convert and where was the conversion done
Bro seriously, there is nothing wrong in conversion,Toyota sef nah easy one
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
at the end of the day, wouldn’t it have been better to buy LHD straight away ? I dare say there’s no model of Corolla car that’s not available in Nigeria for sale or can’t be shipped from abroad. Someone mentioned ericko2k2 but the person and his Range Rover but the person didn’t mention that the guy has a sentimental attachment to that particular Autobiography, he didn’t also mention the painstaking stress he went through to get all the parts needed nor the wahala in Nigeria. Ericko has that money to spend, it’s a luxury car for his personal enjoyment and he didn’t care about the financial consequences but our brother here is jumping into a pit when there are better options for him. It can be done but it’s not worth it at the end of the day
Bro, in all honesty, i think that car is cheap to convert, it will probably cost 250k parts and labour if not less.If he is buying to sell then that's very silly, but if for private use then by all means. A BMW 06 model that's the E90 was done for 400K parts and labour, this car cost 1800 pounds in the Uk.ML up to 06 are done for 300K even rX300 etc, so my guy if its something you want to use why not.But if it is for sale REMOVE HAND grin grin grin unless that person wants to be dubious.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2019
RZArecta2:
i don’t know but OEM Toyota parts are not cheap, don’t let anybody deceive you. He can contact Gazzuzz or Radautoworks for an estimate though
grin grin grin grin Bross what OEM part does he need to convert?
U need to understand what needs to be bought when a conversion is to take place
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On May 22, 2019
Mayor555:

You haven't seen things... Hmmmmmm.
Some people will go as far as changing the Driver's seat, change 'sun shade'
My guy the heart of car dealers in 9ja is dark, I saw so many RX300 and 350s converted and sold as normal LHD. And you won't know unless you got Eagle eyes.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

My guy the heart of car dealers in 9ja is dark, I saw so many RX300 and 350s converted and sold as normal LHD. And you won't know unless you got Eagle eyes.

do you think converting a car is bad?
so far it's done well....that all the basics and necessities are in order....I guess its good to go.

you've done one before. ...any unexpected/bad experience?
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

so far it's done well....that all the basics and necessities are in order....I guess its good to go.

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2019
Mayor555:

There is nothing wrong with it but for resale, I will not advise anyone to go into that.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by Mayor555(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2019
erico2k2:

There is nothing wrong with it but for resale, I will not advise anyone to go into that.

I get you sir. thanks
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by fabienjoe: 11:30am On May 23, 2019
Surely it's better to buy a car as it was made from the factory. But the picture I'm getting from comments here is that converting a car would destroy it and lead to endless problems. I have a converted car. I've been using it since 2011. Toyota Avensis 2001, should be comparable to Corolla in complexity/simplicity. I bought the car myself from the UK. The attraction is that UK cars are usually clean and low mileage and they come cheap as well. I had some problems a couple of months after the conversion mostly due to bad panel beating​ work - some leaks somewhere and water got in and messed up the wires. Another issue was the wipers - difficult to get the setting right after turning in the direction for LHD vehicles. I later got it to work in some capacity..if you can't lock and unlock your door with your key fob, you would remember that the keys are located only on the driver's door, which in this case would be the passenger side. That would be awkward. But generally speaking, the car drives fine till date - almost 8 years after conversion. Still drives from Enugiu to Abuja without problems. I won't want to convert another one but the comments I'm reading are too negative and certainly not a true reflection of the actual experience.

3 Likes

Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 4:43pm On May 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Bro seriously, there is nothing wrong in conversion,Toyota sef nah easy one
I hope so bro, the car will be for uber business
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 4:46pm On May 23, 2019
fabienjoe:
Surely it's better to buy a car as it was made from the factory. But the picture I'm getting from comments here is that converting a car would destroy it and lead to endless problems. I have a converted car. I've been using it since 2011. Toyota Avensis 2001, should be comparable to Corolla in complexity/simplicity. I bought the car myself from the UK. The attraction is that UK cars are usually clean and low mileage and they come cheap as well. I had some problems a couple of months after the conversion mostly due to bad panel beating​ work - some leaks somewhere and water got in and messed up the wires. Another issue was the wipers - difficult to get the setting right after turning in the direction for LHD vehicles. I later got it to work in some capacity..if you can't lock and unlock your door with your key fob, you would remember that the keys are located only on the driver's door, which in this case would be the passenger side. That would be awkward. But generally speaking, the car drives fine till date - almost 8 years after conversion. Still drives from Enugiu to Abuja without problems. I won't want to convert another one but the comments I'm reading are too negative and certainly not a true reflection of the actual experience.
thanks man, I hope to really supervise the conversion, how much did u get yours done?
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 4:48pm On May 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Bro, in all honesty, i think that car is cheap to convert, it will probably cost 250k parts and labour if not less.If he is buying to sell then that's very silly, but if for private use then by all means. A BMW 06 model that's the E90 was done for 400K parts and labour, this car cost 1800 pounds in the Uk.ML up to 06 are done for 300K even rX300 etc, so my guy if its something you want to use why not.But if it is for sale REMOVE HAND grin grin grin unless that person wants to be dubious.
it's for uber use boss, have been doing a lot of research on it thanks for your input
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by fabienjoe: 5:09pm On May 23, 2019
lekbel09:
thanks man, I hope to really supervise the conversion, how much did u get yours done?

I was charged N240,000 then but that was because the dashboard was not in the market when the car arrived. I waited for a month before someone was able to bring in and it was expensive. If the dashboard for yours is available, you would get it done at a good price
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2019
fabienjoe:

I was charged N240,000 then but that was because the dashboard was not in the market when the car arrived. I waited for a month before someone was able to bring in and it was expensive. If the dashboard for yours is available, you would get it done at a good price
thanks boss I think mine should be in DAT range also.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by erico2k2(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2019
lekbel09:
it's for uber use boss, have been doing a lot of research on it thanks for your input
Carry go, there is no issue there.
But make sure they use correct matching parts
Door cards,
wipers and motor
and pay attention to the AC, make sure they do the right linking or buy a completer heater matrix from a left-hand car don't let them work the Old unit just buy it, might cost you 15 to 20k xtra
Note the things that has left and right hand in ur car and try as much as possible to change them all.Go with them fru the car B4 the touch it to know what works and what does not ie switches etc.
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 11:20pm On May 23, 2019
erico2k2:

Carry go, there is no issue there.
But make sure they use correct matching parts
Door cards,
wipers and motor
and pay attention to the AC, make sure they do the right linking or buy a completer heater matrix from a left-hand car don't let them work the Old unit just buy it, might cost you 15 to 20k xtra
Note the things that has left and right hand in ur car and try as much as possible to change them all.Go with them fru the car B4 the touch it to know what works and what does not ie switches etc.
I get u boss will do just that thanks for your input
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2019
As regards the conversion of this car, do I need a completely new LHD firewall? Cos have been doing a lot of research and discovered that european cars are easier to convert. I need practical answers please anybody with knowledge about car conversion cos I don't want any part to be welded,panel beaten to fit
Re: Converting A Toyota Corolla UK Model From RHD To LHD by lekbel09(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2019
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin Bross what OEM part does he need to convert?
U need to understand what needs to be bought when a conversion is to take place
Do I need to purchase an LHd firewall ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Opinions On 2001 Honda Civic / 2013 Honda Accord With 178,864miles! / INNOSON Rolls Out New Cars Into Nigerian Market (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.