Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (67540 Views)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 9:58pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
OK oo
So go ahead and keep judging! Matthew 7:1-5 cheesy

Let's apply the passage you referenced. I wonder why you can't quote it.

Matthew 7:1-5 King James Version (KJV)
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I don't have a beam in my eye, so I can judge you for your lack of the Holy Spirit. It is only when I dont have the Holy Spirit that I will be a hypocrite when judging you in regards that.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 9:59pm On May 22, 2019
Janosky:

JWs have the holy spirit. Hence they bear the fruits of the holy spirit Galatians 5:22-25.

Mango fruits can only come from mango tree.

Do you have the Holy Spirit?

Yes or No
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 10:00pm On May 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
Exodus 14:18-24 ,
“‘The Egyptians will know that I am the LORD
when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his
chariots and his horsemen.’ Then THE ANGEL OF GOD who had been traveling in front of Israel’s
army, WITHDRAW and went behind them. THE PILLAR OF CLOUD also moved from in front and
stood behind them, coming between the
armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the
night the cloud brought darkness to the one
side and light to the other side; so neither
went near the other all night long. Then
Moses stretched out his hand over the sea,
and all that night the LORD drove the sea
back with a strong east wind and turned it into
dry land. The waters were divided, and the
Israelites went through the sea on dry ground,
with a wall of water on their right and on their
left. The Egyptians pursued them, and all
Pharaoh’s horses and chariots and horsemen
followed them into the sea. During the last
watch of the night the LORD LOOKED DOWN FROM THE PILLAR OF FIRE AND CLOUD at the
Egyptian army and threw it into
confusion.”

He appeared to Moses in the burning Bush as a flame of fire, in many place as Angel of the Lord and here, in this verses He appeared as a the pillar of fire and cloud.

in our finite mind it hard for us to imagine God
being able to do these things (be everywhere
at once, know all things, manifest himself in
fire and cloud etc.) but He is God we know that He can do it because we know His attribute in His word. God is not bound by finite limitations; he is not bound by time or space. He is three-in-one, he can manifest himself however he chooses; these are things finite
humans cannot do and these are things that
finite minds find difficult to understand. so I will not pretend I know but what I know is what God has reveal about Himself. thank you
Pharisees dey confused and misinterpreted the scriptures.
Jehovah is NOT an angel.
Read Judges 6:11-23. receive sense.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 10:08pm On May 22, 2019
Maximus69:
BRAVO! What a beautiful conclusion! grin
So let me be wherever is fitting in God's arrangement after all you're NOT God nor Jesus! You're just a reader of the word applying what he read on others! cheesy
For any organisation that wouldn't have shame to edit

Zech 12:10:
"And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

To read what they hoped it would be: they are ready to forge a lie and distort the word of truth!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 10:25pm On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka5:

For any organisation that wouldn't have shame to edit

"And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

To read what they hoped it would be: they are ready to forge a lie and distort the word of truth!

Ignorant rant of a lying Pharisee.
RSV is a trinitarian Bible translation.
Pls quote Zechariah 12:10(RSV) here for ALL to see.
RSV ,BBE and many other trinitarian Bible translations refuted your falsehood.

There is a problem with the poisonous, satanic doctrine called Trinity.
Do a thorough research, you will discover that many trinitarian Bible translations are NOT in accord with with Bible verses you bring here to support your falsehood.
Trinity adherents have diverse versions of the doctrine, which contradicts each other.
That post you quoted Rev 21:24-27.
vs24 &26 has fake additions in both of them.
Do a thorough research, bro.

Na fake additions in the KJV Bible you take dey support your falsehood.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 3:59am On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Jehovah is NOT an angel.

Janosky, are you also afraid to answer the question in the screenshot below just like maximus69?

It's been hours since I asked you.

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 5:15am On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Ignorant rant of a lying Pharisee.
RSV is a trinitarian Bible translation.
Pls quote Zechariah 12:10(RSV) here for ALL to see.
RSV ,BBE and many other trinitarian Bible translations refuted your falsehood.

There is a problem with the poisonous, satanic doctrine called Trinity.
Do a thorough research, you will discover that many trinitarian Bible translations are NOT in accord with with Bible verses you bring here to support your falsehood.
Trinity adherents have diverse versions of the doctrine, which contradicts each other.
That post you quoted Rev 21:24-27.
vs24 &26 has fake additions in both of them.
Do a thorough research, bro.

Na fake additions in the KJV Bible you take dey support your falsehood.
What a defence!

Don't you know that a thief is a Thief!
It doesn't matter if he isn't the only one as you have claimed.

A false translation is a false translation: it doesn't matter who did the translation, it will still be a fraudulent translation. Did I not show you the Hebrew interlinear translation?

Your organisation should be apologizing for its Deliberate Deception of JWs rather than saying we aren't the only one who have committed this grave error (in your own case deliberate misinformation and misdirection).

A righteous man will apologize when he discovers his error.

Prov 28:13:
"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:53am On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Jehovah is NOT an angel.
Good morning Janosky, how are you my brother? smiley
You just release the guy yesterday from the torment he was receiving as he kept begging for a drop of water to cool his tongue! Luke 16:24
He feels like having God's holy spirit but as for the manners backing it he furiously discarded completely! 2Timothy 3:5 cheesy
Please! Please!! Please!!! Janosky, don't give them any direct answers anymore,let them continue to cry in agony since they assumed they're having the holy spirit, let them get to work after all Jesus likens the holy spirit to talents[ancient currency] that could be used to trade. Matthew 2514-30
Let them trade with the talent in their hands so that all observers could SEE that they truly have the holy spirit [talent]
Jehovah's Witnesses have been trading with the talent given to us for over 130 years now and it's obvious the organization is growing and glowing throughout the earth[ Matthew 5:14-16] whereas their own religious organizations [mountains] have been rendered insignificant due to lack of reputable virtue to the point that even the worshipers themselves can't vouch for their low mountains as they stare in amazement JEHOVAH'S mountain that stool so unreachably higher than all their own put together! Isaiah 2:2 smiley
So let them get to work so that their LIGHT[reputation] can shine before all sincere and honesthearted observers, if truthfully they have the REAL oil in their flasks! Matthew 25:3 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:23am On May 23, 2019
smiley@ Janosky!
This is why they can't have a rest of mind as the LOVE of their churches is cooling off as in their churches are gradually dying off [Matthew 24:12]even in their own hearts to the point majority of them can't publicly declare the name of their irrelevant and insignificant religious centers due to the VIVID love of money permeating their religions!
Our kingdom halls looks so small in the areas where they're situated but WORKING actively in all their domains!
Just go to all social media and SEE how many columns talks about the highest mountain that all eyes can SEE! Isaiah 2:2
Forward you witnesses ever strong of heart! 61 smiley

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 6:47am On May 23, 2019
Why these Deliberate Misinformation?
Please let's get the correct translation that is not misleading sincere believers.

I call out again:
@Maximus69 , Janosky , TATIME , Barristter07 ,

Cc: solite3 , alBHAGDADI, malvisguy212 ,

Please note the Differences in translation. Like someone is deliberately mistranslating a verse to say something else.

A few pages ago, I showed us how Zech 12:9-11: was deliberately falsified to say something else than its supposed to say. Here is another one.

The best excuse anyone of them has provided is that some other translation like RSV did the wrong translation too. Does that then make the NWT right?

Let's Check out:

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS TRANSLATION

Col 1:15-16:
15 He is the image of the invisible God,m the firstborn of all creation;n 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,o whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.

Compare with

Rom11:36
36 Because from him and by him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen.

NKJV TRANSLATION

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"

b]Compare with[/b]

Rom 11:36:
"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things : to whom be glory for ever. Amen."

I have quoted Rom11:36 to show that the NWT is not even consistent in the use of the word all other for panta

I have the screen shot of greek-english interlinear translation of verses 15 and 16.

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/colossians/1-15.htm
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/colossians/1-16.htm

Also attached is the frequency of occurrence of the word panta.

The word pants occurs 265 times in the Greek and never once was it translated as other things

Sample usage attached:
https://biblehub.com/greek/panta_3956.htm

The various shades of panta include. Please note that none has the word other as part of the translation.

To Him All
All
And all
In Everything
All things
You everything
To Him All
But All
To you all
Everything
For all things
Every
For All
Of All
Everyone
Whosoever
Whole
To all

But just as always, the NWT has to translate the bible according to the demand of watchtower organisation Doctrine.

Who is AFRAID of the TRUTH!?

2 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 6:52am On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

A wrong translation is a wrong translation irrespective of the source. There are many bible translations that are deliberately fraudulent. I heard that some people made an English bible translation that supports gays.

The difference between the phrases look on him or[b] look to me[/b] is highly significant: Do you agree?

Irrespective of who they are, Trinitarian or Monotarian a wrong translation is a wrong translation. What do you think?

First, There are various translations that rendered the Greek word e-lay differently and not me in all context , the root meaning can also mean WHOM ! . Keep in mind that the strong concordance in your screenshot only highlight the KJV usages .

Secondly, But let us look at the KJV context and see If it support the " Me " translation.

Why the sudden change from ME to HIM ?

A question to you shadeyinka . so who is pierced, who is mourned for ?

I cannot laugh grin . I want answers

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:06am On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

If you had answered my question, we will not be going through your pre-recorded script.
If what is born of the spirit is invisible like God, when did the apostles get born again and did they become spirits?
Jesus of course wasn't saying on is born again after dying was he?

Born again is also new birth , Peter explains

This inheritance concerning the NEW BIRTH " is reserved IN THE HEAVENS for you "

Reserved indicated its a future hope , isn't it ?

If you had answered the question: who was Peter speaking to?
You'll not be repeating your rehearsal.

Rev 7:9-11:
"After this I beheld, and, see, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,"

1. Where were these great multitude? Heaven or Earth?
2. Where is the Throne of God? Heaven or Earth?

John ask : Who are they?

The Angel replied: " These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation " - Rev 7:14

The great tribulation occur on earth! Am presently on earth, yet am before the throne of God. The angel also explained another vital point . " They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore "

No more indicate such a thing as been existing before ... Where did such occur ? Earth!

Rev 21:2-4:
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Did I call them spirits?

Heb 8:1: "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;"

Rev 4:2: "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 16:17: "And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done."

Rev 20:11: "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

Please answer the above Question!

How exactly are this related to the point ?

Check peters explanation to the born again or new birth issue . its for an inheritance reserved in the heavens .

What human born is human, what Spirit born is ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:26am On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Note the @bolded, we shall need it later.

I said did God breath the breath of life into animals too?
Isn't that just saying that everything that is alive died?

Read again.

" Everything on dry land that had the breath of the spirit of life in its nostrils died " - Genesis 7:22

The highlighted should ring a bell ?

Just like man, they have this breath right there on their Nostrils.

Then what did Jesus mean when He said:

Mat 10:28: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Jesus seem to be saying that as the body has life, so the soul has life. The best a human being can do is to kill the body BUT God can after killing the body put the the soul in hell.

Or what's the difference between what God can do and what a man can do?

To let you know the entire pagan Greek concept you read into Jesus words are not there , let me use the highlighted part as example .

You are a pathetic liar , he didn't say ordinary soul In hell ( KJV ) . he said body and soul. Together.

It says BOTH BODY and SOUL IN HELL ?

@shadeyinka , @shadeyinka5 ... Do you agree with this that Body and soul go to hell ?

How come Body of people don't go to hell today but are buried ?

Question tagged W1. Very important .

Luk 23:46:

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into your hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

Jesus didn't go to heaven (either physically or Spiritually) He was only saying that He entrust his spirit to Gods care (I am sure you aren't looking at the literal hands of God).

You mean spirit don't have literal hands grin . thank you, we will keep this for later .

The bible said the spirit will return to God ... Are you saying spirit do not return to God anymore ?

If it does where is God located ?

1Pet 3:19: "By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison;"

This happened after he was RESSURECTED.

" He was put to death in flesh, Made ALIVE In spirit , by which he went "

Clearly that was after he was raised up as a Spirit being. After been killed as an human being.

1Pet 4:6: "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Jesus went to preach to the spirit that were dead.

Please how come?
The dead are not supposed to be conscious!

The people called dead here are still very much physically alive. People can still judge them and their behaviours as seen above

So this is spiritual death NOT the issue here .

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:29am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where did I tell you that blood of Rams washes away sins forever?

What washes away sins forever is simple believe in God. Abraham, despite his many concubines, was still seen as righteous, meaning he had no sin in God's eyes. Why? Because Abraham believed God.

Romans 4:3-5 (KJV)
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

As established so far, salvation is not of works, neither is being born again of works. Being born again which is the same as being born of water and spirit is not of works because they are not physical things. This clearly shows that water baptism is not what is spoken of when Jesus said to be born of water.

If we are to be baptized before we can be born again aka saved, then it means we have contributed to salvation. This means it wasn't the effort by Jesus alone that got us saved. We too contributed. But that's a lie because the passage below says...

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you say born of water is baptism, then what you've said is that we would boast before God because we also played a role in our salvation in that we did the work of getting baptized.

So clearly, salvation which leads to being born again, which also means born of water and spirit, is not of works and not of ourselves. It is nothing we can see.

Jesus instructing us to be baptized is for us to picture his death, burial and resurrection in an open way to show we have accepted him.

If you say it is part of the process of being saved or born again, then you have clearly stated that John the Baptist had been doing half of the duty of getting people saved or born again before Jesus came. This means John the Baptist is our co-saviour. Junk gospel from Watchtower grin

The only aspect I found worth replying in your entire post that lack credence above is the last part: Baptism is important , Are you aware people who formerly were baptized by John .. Once they found Christ were told to baptized again ?

Like a friend pointed out. baptism is the FOUNDATION of Christianity Hebrew 6:2

Check yourself and the spirit behind you

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:34am On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:
Please let's get the correct translation that is not misleading sincere believers.
I call out again:
Please note the Differences in translation. Like someone is deliberately mistranslating a verse to say something else.
A few pages ago, I showed us how Zech 12:9-11: was deliberately falsified to say something else than its supposed to say. Here is another one.

The best excuse anyone of them has provided is that some other translation like RSV did the wrong translation too. Does that then make the NWT right?
Let's Check out:

15 He is the image of the invisible God,m the firstborn of all creation;n 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,o whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him.
Compare with
36 Because from him and by him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen.
NKJV TRANSLATION
"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"
b]Compare with[/b]
"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things : to whom be glory for ever. Amen."
I have quoted Rom11:36 to show that the NWT is not even consistent in the use of the word all other for panta
I have the screen shot of greek-english interlinear translation of verses 15 and 16.
The word pants occurs 265 times in the Greek and never once was it translated as other things
Sample usage attached:
The various shades of panta include. Please note that none has the word other as part of the translation.
To Him All
All
And all
In Everything
All things
You everything
To Him All
But All
To you all
Everything
For all things
Every
For All
Of All
Everyone
Whosoever
Whole
To all
But just as always, the NWT has to translate the bible according to the demand of watchtower organisation Doctrine.
Note that
KNOWLEDGE is ~The accumulation of useful information!
WISDOM is ~The PRACTICAL APPLICATION of accumulated information for lasting benefits!
The Bible was
WRITTEN by Jehovah's Witnesses!
COPIED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
TRANSLATED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
SPREAD by Jehovah's Witnesses!
While Satan have tried to stop the circulation of God's word and failed, he changed the strategy to misinterpretation of the words so that readers will only read but deluded as regards the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of it.
Jesus [in the Spirit] came back to inspect how what he laid is progressing and found out that Satan have overturned everything, Jesus started going from one religious group to another until he finds the group that is ready to make amendments for progress. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses began making changes both in GROUP name, doctrines and translations.
I know you won't agree with this but Jesus himself when he first visited the earth in flesh dwell with those who were ready to make AMENDMENTS against all odds! Today Jesus is working tirelessly in making his father's organization improve RAPIDLY.
So it's left for each and every individual to meditate thoroughly on what is happening in order to IDENTIFY God's organization!
But if you feel this is another misconception, then go out there and make what you're saying WORK in the midst of those adhering to it. That is if you can even find any group UNITEDLY agreeing on it! cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses are WORKING and the whole earth can feel their movement as on happy global family of zealous peachers a teachers in one ACCORD! 1Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2
So instead of TALKS TALKS TALKS, get to WORK and let us see how practical what you're saying is! cheesy
For your information, you've misconstrued the concept of WORKS but i just kept laughing at all of you when you keep saying 'it is by FAITH and not by WORKS'
Because the WORKS our brothers wrote against is not the WORKS instituted by Jesus himself but the WORKS of the LAW of Moses as in those believing they can gain God's approval through obedience to the Mosaic LAWS, and those who feels that their own good works[not based on the principles laid by Jesus] can earn them divine favour.
As for whoever is WORKING hard to maintain the teachings of Christ and going about to teach others, their is nothing motivating him other than FAITH! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:39am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, Paul is also a heretic according to you, because he didn't Baptize more than two people and a household despite saving thousands of souls.

grin grin Was the discussion about how MANY people Paul baptize ? U lack comprehension.

I myself hasn't baptized anyone , that doesn't mean I do not accept Baptism is important .

1 Corinthians 1:13-17
"Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel -- not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"

He didn't prioritize baptism because it wasn't a prerequisite to salvation but a display of salvation. He didn't even make it a central theme in the gospel he was preaching.

If it was a prerequisite to salvation, then it means John the Baptist had been getting people saved half way before Jesus came. According to JW and GB, John the Baptist is their co-saviour. grin

You see your life outside grin

To read what you quote is a problem again?

ALL HIS AUDIENCE are Baptized!!!!

But in the name of Christ Not Paul .

Exposing yourself

Paul didn't make water baptism central in his message

Liar! The same Paul who listed teaching on Baptism as FOUNDATION in walking in Christ ? hwbrew 6:2

Dey lie small small nah grin

, rather he prioritized baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the same emphasized by being born of water and of spirit. It clearly means it is the Holy Spirit that does the baptism, not man.

Water and Spirit are two different things.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV)
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

His entire audience are Baptized. I hope u can see

Is Baptism Necessary for Salvation – The Conclusion

Is baptism necessary for salvation? If the question is concerning water baptism, the answer is no. We are not saved by ritual or works but by "grace through faith." "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, water baptism does not save us. However, the baptism of the Spirit is necessary for salvation and that has nothing whatever to do with water and it is not something we do for ourselves, it is God's gift to us at the moment we are born again.

If water baptism were not necessary for salvation, why then would someone be baptized? Baptism is an outward action based on an inward reality. Baptism is a testimony that the participant has trusted in Christ as Savior and they are identifying himself/herself by submitting themselves to baptism. We cannot rest our hope of salvation on something that we can do for ourselves, rather we must recognize our need of a Savior and accept the LORD Jesus Christ's finished work for our redemption. That finished work is that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and three days later rose from the dead. Then, if we chose to be baptized, it is an act of testimony to others of the reality of our personal identification with Christ.

Your logic that if Baptism is important John the Baotist is a saviour fall like a park of cards considering that people who are formerly baptizes by John, were ordered to be baptized again in the name of Christ

The question should be , why should that happen if it's not important ?

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:39am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, Paul is also a heretic according to you, because he didn't Baptize more than two people and a household despite saving thousands of souls.

grin grin Was the discussion about how MANY people Paul baptize ? U lack comprehension.

I myself hasn't baptized anyone , that doesn't mean I do not accept Baptism is important .

1 Corinthians 1:13-17
"Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel -- not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"

He didn't prioritize baptism because it wasn't a prerequisite to salvation but a display of salvation. He didn't even make it a central theme in the gospel he was preaching.

If it was a prerequisite to salvation, then it means John the Baptist had been getting people saved half way before Jesus came. According to JW and GB, John the Baptist is their co-saviour. grin

Exposing yourself

Paul didn't make water baptism central in his message

Liar! The same Paul who listed teaching on Baptism as FOUNDATION in walking in Christ ? hwbrew 6:2

, rather he prioritized baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the same emphasized by being born of water and of spirit. It clearly means it is the Holy Spirit that does the baptism, not man.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (KJV)
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Is Baptism Necessary for Salvation – The Conclusion

Is baptism necessary for salvation? If the question is concerning water baptism, the answer is no. We are not saved by ritual or works but by "grace through faith." "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, water baptism does not save us. However, the baptism of the Spirit is necessary for salvation and that has nothing whatever to do with water and it is not something we do for ourselves, it is God's gift to us at the moment we are born again.

If water baptism were not necessary for salvation, why then would someone be baptized? Baptism is an outward action based on an inward reality. Baptism is a testimony that the participant has trusted in Christ as Savior and they are identifying himself/herself by submitting themselves to baptism. We cannot rest our hope of salvation on something that we can do for ourselves, rather we must recognize our need of a Savior and accept the LORD Jesus Christ's finished work for our redemption. That finished work is that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and three days later rose from the dead. Then, if we chose to be baptized, it is an act of testimony to others of the reality of our personal identification with Christ.

Your logic that if Baptism is important John the Baptist is a saviour fall like a park of cards considering that people who are formerly baptizes by John, were ordered to be baptized again in the name of Christ

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 7:47am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

The only aspect I found worth replying in your entire post that lack credence above is the last part: Baptism is important , Are you aware people who formerly were baptized by John .. Once they found Christ were told to baptized again ?

Like a friend pointed out. baptism is the FOUNDATION of Christianity Hebrew 6:2

Check yourself and the spirit behind you

Keep quiet.

Jesus is the foundation of Christianity, not baptism. Stop quoting scriptures wrongly.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.

Isaiah 54:11
"O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted, Behold, I will set your stones in antimony, And your foundations I will lay in sapphires.

Matthew 7:24
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Ephesians 2:20
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

1 Timothy 6:19
storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.

2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:48am On May 23, 2019
@shadeyinka
The word MISINFORMATION connotes wrong ideas!
So let us assume that you're truly INFORMED but try to make what you're saying WORK as in bear the FRUIT that is evident that you're NOT misinformed! cheesy
After Satan have planted falsehood in the interpretation of the WORD, Jehovah's Witnesses were given the power of God's holy spirit to CORRECT all the interpretations of the Bible to PERFECTLY match with the MINDSET of the author[God]
But if you're not convinced of this fact, then go out there and make your preferred interpretation WORKOUT what is fine amongst the adherents. Remember Jehovah is a God of ORDER so there should be PEACE and ONENESS in thought amongst his TRUE worshipers! cheesy
He often calls himself Jehovah of armies! Isaiah 25:6, Zechariah 8:23, Malachi 3:1
Well i served in the military intelligence and i perfectly know what a commander means: ALL THOSE UNDER HIM WORKS ACCORDIND TO HIS ORDER!
If there is any misappropriation thereof, that means SABOTAGE [enemies have overtaken the camp]
So if what your God is saying can't unite all his worshipers to form an army having one thought, i'm sorry Sir your God is a perfect description of a FAILURE in the commands of armies as a COMMADER! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:54am On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

I call out again:

Which excuse ? Lol.

Go back and answer the question on KJV translation and let's see whose translation err . who was pierced ? Who was mourned ?

Sudden change from ME to HIM grin

Go and address it.

Let's Check out:

Compare with

NKJV TRANSLATION

b]Compare with[/b]

Sample usage attached:

To Him All
All
And all
In Everything
All things
You everything
To Him All
But All
To you all
Everything
For all things
Every
For All
Of All
Everyone
Whosoever
Whole
To all

Your point exactly: Is it wrong to add the word " OTHER " for emphasis ?

2 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 7:56am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Keep quiet.

Jesus is the foundation of Christianity, not baptism. Stop quoting scriptures wrongly.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.

Isaiah 54:11
"O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted, Behold, I will set your stones in antimony, And your foundations I will lay in sapphires.

Matthew 7:24
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Ephesians 2:20
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

1 Timothy 6:19
storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.

2 Timothy 2:19
Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."

Hebrews 6:1,2 Foundation namely .. The teaching on BAPTISM .

So I wrote that ?

Lack of comprehension didn't let you see by foundation meant Foundation teaching.

If something is foundation teaching, Shows how important it is

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 7:57am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Exposing yourself

Your logic that if Baptism is important John the Baptist is a saviour fall like a park of cards considering that people who are formerly baptizes by John, were ordered to be baptized again in the name of Christ

The discussion wasn't about how many people Paul baptized, but I referenced that yo show you that Paul didn't prioritize baptism. If it was part of the salvation process,Zlatan he would have baptized every single one of those he won to Christ But he didn't baptize but a few. Are you now saying he got then saved half way?

Those men were baptized by John unto repentance, not the baptism done in Jesus name.

Jesus ordered that baptism should be done in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Ghost. The men had to be baptized in that format because John's way of baptism was never to be for long, just a preparation of the coming of Jesus.

Acts 19 King James Version (KJV)
And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Notice that the new were already saved because they believed in Jesus who said in John 3:16 that whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. So you see, baptism wasn't need to get them saved because they were already. Remember they were even called disciples.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:08am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Hebrews 6:1,2 Foundation namely .. The teaching on BAPTISM .

So I wrote that ?

Lack of comprehension didn't let you see by foundation meant Foundation teaching.

If something is foundation teaching, Shows how important it is

There's no comprehension error here, just you shifting goal post after you were busted

Jesus is the foundation whom doctrines are based on. No doctrine is a foundation of Christianity, but built on Christianity.

Hebrews 6:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 8:08am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The discussion wasn't about how many people Paul baptized, but I referenced that yo show you that Paul didn't prioritize baptism. If it was part of the salvation process,Zlatan he would have baptized every single one of those he won to Christ But he didn't baptize but a few. Are you now saying he got then saved half way?

Those men were baptized by John unto repentance, not the baptism done in Jesus name.

Jesus ordered that baptism should be done in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Ghost. The men had to be baptized in that format because John's way of baptism was never to be for long, just a preparation of the coming of Jesus.

And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Notice that the new were already saved because they believed in Jesus who said in John 3:16 that whosever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. So you see, baptism wasn't need to get them saved because they were already. Remember they were even called disciples.

@ highlighted .. Good day ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 8:09am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

There's no comprehension error here, just you shifting goal post after you were busted

Jesus is the foundation whom doctrines are based on. No doctrine is a foundation of Christianity, but built on Christianity.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Comprehension is your problem

You see how connected this Foundation teachings are with Christ.

Check the spirit behind you

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:11am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

@ highlighted .. Good day ! cheesy

They were baptized in the name of the Lord as commanded by Jesus. And nowhere is it written that baptism is a prerequisite to salvation. We are saved by Grace through faith.

Those me. were saved already, that's why Paul called them disciples. This shows that the baptism was done to keep the commandments the of Jesus.

Is your brain this dull to comprehend that?

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 8:12am On May 23, 2019
There is a question tagged W1 . vital
Related to Matthew 10;28 quoted by shadeyinka,

Expecting your responses.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 8:14am On May 23, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

They were baptized in the name of the Lord as commanded by Jesus.
And nowhere is it written that baptism is a prerequisite to salvation. We are saved by Grace through faith.

Those me. were saved already, that's why Paul called them disciples. This shows that the baptism was done to keep the commandments the of Jesus.

Is your brain this dull to comprehend that?

Again cheesy

Jesus said make disciples, after this BAPTIZE!

Paul didn't do anything different

Its a foundation teaching!

2 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:17am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Comprehension is your problem

You see how connected this Foundation teachings are with Christ.

Nowhere is it written that those teachings are the foundation of Christianity. They are just teachings about the Jesus who is the foundation of Christianity.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again
the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment

Look at everyone of the doctrines above and see how they point to Jesus.

1 Faith towards God = Jesus
2 Baptism = Done in Jesus name
3 laying of hands = done in Jesus name
4 resurrection of the dead = done by Jesus
5 eternal judgment = done by Jesus

Yet, a deceived person like you says Jesus is not the foundation and that those doctrines are the foundation.

I'm done arguing with you brainwashed GB worshipers.

I'm signing out once and for all. Any mentions will end up in the trash can.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 9:25am On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Which excuse ? Lol.

Go back and answer the question on KJV translation and let's see whose translation err . who was pierced ? Who was mourned ?

Sudden change from ME to HIM grin

Go and address it.

Your point exactly: Is it wrong to add the word " OTHER " for emphasis ?
You are still learning from your mentor Paul Joseph Goebbels !

Sinister!
Doesn't "other" change the narrative?
Why don't you use "other" in every other places at least we shall know that you are consistent!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka5: 9:43am On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
Note that
KNOWLEDGE is ~The accumulation of useful information!
WISDOM is ~The PRACTICAL APPLICATION of accumulated information for lasting benefits!
The Bible was
WRITTEN by Jehovah's Witnesses!
COPIED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
TRANSLATED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
SPREAD by Jehovah's Witnesses!
While Satan have tried to stop the circulation of God's word and failed, he changed the strategy to misinterpretation of the words so that readers will only read but deluded as regards the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of it.
Jesus [in the Spirit] came back to inspect how what he laid is progressing and found out that Satan have overturned everything, Jesus started going from one religious group to another until he finds the group that is ready to make amendments for progress. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses began making changes both in GROUP name, doctrines and translations.
I know you won't agree with this but Jesus himself when he first visited the earth in flesh dwell with those who were ready to make AMENDMENTS against all odds! Today Jesus is working tirelessly in making his father's organization improve RAPIDLY.
So it's left for each and every individual to meditate thoroughly on what is happening in order to IDENTIFY God's organization!
But if you feel this is another misconception, then go out there and make what you're saying WORK in the midst of those adhering to it. That is if you can even find any group UNITEDLY agreeing on it! cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses are WORKING and the whole earth can feel their movement as on happy global family of zealous peachers a teachers in one ACCORD! 1Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2
So instead of TALKS TALKS TALKS, get to WORK and let us see how practical what you're saying is! cheesy
For your information, you've misconstrued the concept of WORKS but i just kept laughing at all of you when you keep saying 'it is by FAITH and not by WORKS'
Because the WORKS our brothers wrote against is not the WORKS instituted by Jesus himself but the WORKS of the LAW of Moses as in those believing they can gain God's approval through obedience to the Mosaic LAWS, and those who feels that their own good works[not based on the principles laid by Jesus] can earn them divine favour.
As for whoever is WORKING hard to maintain the teachings of Christ and going about to teach others, their is nothing motivating him other than FAITH! cheesy

Of course the Jehovah's Witness Organisation is working hard to
1. Distort the word of truth by insertions and mistranslation
2. Leading simple men/women to the lake of fire.
3. Holding a form of Religion but denying the power therein
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 2:02pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Of course the Jehovah's Witness Organisation is working hard to
1. Distort the word of truth by insertions and mistranslation
2. Leading simple men/women to the lake of fire.
3. Holding a form of Religion but denying the power therein

Hogwash and baseless rants.
Shadeyinka, you're just a lying ,deceitful Pharisee.
I will present the hard evidence soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (77) (Reply)

Welcome To church Of Satan / Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.