Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (71628 Views)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by 8BowlofFlour: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
Image123:

Chai, i dey hope for my guy cheesy cheesy. Any hope dey for this guy like this? E say all those associates and cohorts dey no dey go Heaven, no hope, maybe he fit make this 144,000 list wey dem dey compile.

Lol fear God o. Naa admission list
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by DappaD: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
@MightySparrow, can you see how you’re blaspheming against the one whom you supposedly follow? I’d get back to the points you’ve made in due time.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Image123(m): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
8BowlofFlour:

Lol fear God o. Naa admission list

cheesy cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by DappaD: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
MightySparrow:
I have been in and out of this thread, no contributions. Also I appreciate the two discussants. I may not be typing long thread like you or numerous references like you. My bad.
However, when I read about the issue of death and he'll in JWs publications, as pointed out by the two of you. I like to say this . Nowhere in OT was recorded about hell and punishment. Jesus first taught about it.

Jesus first taught about it or was it the Catholic Church in the 4th century C.E. who invented this teaching? I know you may want to go and quote Mark 9:48 but it may shock you that Jesus was quoting from Isaiah 66:24 which states that those thrown into “Gehenna”, not some concocted and forged “hellfire”, would be dead bodies and not live ones.

Secondly, the writing of Solomon about death is not a complete knowledge to take as final authority.

Shortly after Solomon was made King over Israel, God appeared to him in a dream and said he could request anything he desired since he acted on David’s plea and remained steadfast in searching for God(1Chronicles 28:9), so Solomon eventually chose God-given wisdom(compare James 1:5) to be able to discern between good and bad, this time around from God’s standpoint. 1Kings 3:4-14
So it was evident from that point onward that holy spirit was working on Solomon that he could even record inspired proverbs that are regarded as “wisdom books” and respected by many who do not even believe in God.
1Kings 4:32, Ecclesiastes 12:9

But now you’re saying that despite the God-given wisdom Solomon had, he was making incorrect and incomplete statements? If what you’re saying is not blasphemy against God’s holy spirit, what else can it be? Matthew 12:31,32

Why?
Jesus talked about one greater than Solomon is here.Was Jesus a ruler over Israeli like Solomon, no. As rich with worldly possessions, no. As wise as Solomon, more. If the first two are not His greatness, definitely. On wisdom. He even said, if I tell you about earthly things and you don't understand, how will you comprehend the heavenly things. Meaning, Solomon knowledge and wisdom is limited. So , a teaching o Jesus on a subject matter, sets aside that of Solomon. If Jesus talks about knowledge after death, so it must be.

Yes, Jesus is the Greater Solomon(Matthew 12:42) but Jesus must speak harmony with Solomon if he is to be regarded as sent from God. That’s why Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 ticks good with John 11:11-14.

He said also about being greater than the Temple in Jerusalem, today, the Temple is irrelevant to worship. He altered certain Mosaic Laws, desecrated the Sabbath and defendef His right to do so.

The temple in Jesus’ day was still regarded as the centre of pure worship that’s why Jesus was zealous in purifying the temple of greedy people. (Matthew 21:12-13), it wasn’t until Jesus’ death that service offered in that temple became unacceptable to God, that’s why the curtain shielding the Most Holy tore into two showing that God no longer had dealings with the temple. Luke 23:45

As for the Sabbath, Jesus did not “alter” the arrangement in that sense(Matthew 5:17). The Law and Prophets were meant to lead the Israelites to the Messiah(Deuteronomy 18:15a, Galatians 3:24) so when the Messiah comes, they must listen to whatever he says(Deuteronomy 18:15b) and not argue with him like the Pharisees did. Mark 2:24
Again, it was until after Jesus’ death that the Sabbath stopped being a religious observance.
Colossians 2:13-16

Lazarus case has been taken by JWs as a mere joke, I don't agree. The souls of those seeking for vengeance in qouted Revelations and the blood of Abel crying don't point to the fact that physical death ends all.

The same Jehovah’s Witnesses who have been asking you where Lazarus was during the four days he was dead? When Jesus said that Lazarus was sleeping, what did he mean by that please? John 11:11-14
Since you want to take things out of context, is Abel’s blood a person with a mouth and vocal cords to shout? If not, then you have to accept that Hebrews 11:4 mean something entirely different from what you’re trying to make it seem.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
DappaD:

Jesus first taught about it or was it the Catholic Church in the 4th century C.E. who invented this teaching? I know you may want to go and quote Mark 9:48 but it may shock you that Jesus was quoting from Isaiah 66:24 which states that those thrown into “Gehenna”, not some concocted and forged “hellfire”, would be dead bodies and not live ones.

Shortly after Solomon was made King over Israel, God appeared to him in a dream and said he could request anything he desired since he acted on David’s plea and remained steadfast in searching for God(1Chronicles 28:9), so Solomon eventually chose God-given wisdom(compare James 1:5) to be able to discern between good and bad, this time around from God’s standpoint. 1Kings 3:4-14
So it was evident from that point onward that holy spirit was working on Solomon that he could even record inspired proverbs that are regarded as “wisdom books” and respected by many who do not even believe in God.
1Kings 4:32, Ecclesiastes 12:9

But now you’re saying that despite the God-given wisdom Solomon had, he was making incorrect and incomplete statements? If what you’re saying is not blasphemy against God’s holy spirit, what else can it be? Matthew 12:31,32

Yes, Jesus is the Greater Solomon(Matthew 12:42) but Jesus must speak harmony with Solomon if he is to be regarded as sent from God. That’s why Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 ticks good with John 11:11-14.

The temple in Jesus’ day was still regarded as the centre of pure worship that’s why Jesus was zealous in purifying the temple of greedy people. (Matthew 21:12-13), it wasn’t until Jesus’ death that service offered in that temple became unacceptable to God, that’s why the curtain shielding the Most Holy tore into two showing that God no longer had dealings with the temple. Luke 23:45

As for the Sabbath, Jesus did not “alter” the arrangement in that sense(Matthew 5:17). The Law and Prophets were meant to lead the Israelites to the Messiah(Deuteronomy 18:15a, Galatians 3:24) so when the Messiah comes, they must listen to whatever he says(Deuteronomy 18:15b) and not argue with him like the Pharisees did. Mark 2:24
Again, it was until after Jesus’ death that the Sabbath stopped being a religious observance.
Colossians 2:13-16

The same Jehovah’s Witnesses who have been asking you where Lazarus was during the four days he was dead? When Jesus said that Lazarus was sleeping, what did he mean by that please? John 11:11-14
Since you want to take things out of context, is Abel’s blood a person with a mouth and vocal cords to shout? If not, then you have to accept that Hebrews 11:4 mean something entirely different from what you’re trying to make it seem.

You are too quick to flex muscles, in what way is Jesus greater than Solomon. Did Solomon ever giive any words of prophecies - divine knowledge about past like Moses about creation or future. His knowledge is limited. Solomon said nothing was new under heaven. He never handled a phone. I want objective response not sentiments.
When I mentioned Lazarus and the rich man not brother if Mary an Martha.

If the Temple is of any relevance nowto worship, how does your organisation use it for worship?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by DappaD: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
MightySparrow:

You are too quick to flex muscles, in what way is Jesus greater than Solomon. Did Solomon ever giive any words of prophecies - divine knowledge about past like Moses about creation or future. His knowledge is limited. Solomon said nothing was new under heaven. He never handled a phone. I want objective response not sentiments.

What do you mean by “limited”? Solomon, when concluding the book of Ecclesiastes mentioned that everything he wrote were “ACCURATE words of truth”. Ecclesiastes 12:10 or do you know more than Solomon?
Was Job’s knowledge limited when he knew that when he died, he would return to nonexistence? Job 14:13-15
Moreover, when God said Adam would return to the dust after committing a grievous offense, are you now saying that God’s knowledge was limited? Genesis 3:19

When I mentioned Lazarus and the rich man not brother if Mary an Martha.

Ahn ahn, that one has been dealt with several times already. If you do not accept that Jesus was telling a parable at Luke 16, would you please be so kind to answer some of the questions that I may throw at you?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
DappaD:

What do you mean by “limited”? Solomon, when concluding the book of Ecclesiastes mentioned that everything he wrote were “ACCURATE words of truth”. Ecclesiastes 12:10 or do you know more than Solomon?
Was Job’s knowledge limited when he knew that when he died, he would return to nonexistence? Job 14:13-15
Moreover, when God said Adam would return to the dust after committing a grievous offense, are you now saying that God’s knowledge was limited? Genesis 3:19

Ahn ahn, that one has been dealt with several times already. If you do not accept that Jesus was telling a parable at Luke 16, would you please be so kind to answer some of the questions that I may throw at you?

The presentation did suggest a parable like other parables you can qiuote it from any version and analyse. Why can anyone's knowledge on a subject matter be absolute. All of the biblical revelations would have been given to one person like Mohammad. But why did God allow piecemeal word'sof prophecies over millennials and places. We know in part and prophesies in parts. I think you haven't torn that from your Bible.
Please give direct answers
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by DappaD: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
MightySparrow:

The presentation did suggest a parable like other parables you can qiuote it from any version and analyse. Why can anyone's knowledge on a subject matter be absolute. All of the biblical revelations would have been given to one person like Mohammad. But why did God allow piecemeal world's of prophecies over millennials and places. We know in part and prophesies in parts. I think you haven't torn that from your Bible.

Prophecies and laid-down facts are two entirely different things.

1. Prophecies:

Concerning “sacred secrets” such as Genesis 3:15 which eventually spilled into a number of prophecies across the Bible, yes it shows that God allows a very significant amount of time to pass while he progressively reveals the details about his will and purpose. Ephesians 1:9
So the way God will explain details to one person may vary(i.e. including a number of new disclosed details) with the next such as in the case of Abraham and David but in every case, they must all be in harmony.
Genesis 22:18/2Samuel 7:12

2. Laid-down Facts:

In terms of physical science, it’s already factual that at 100°C and 1atm, water will begin to boil and vaporize so this will never change.

Before Adam sinned, God already warned him that if he did sin, he would pay the price for that sin with his life(Genesis 2:17) and it’s echoed throughout the Bible that the wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23) so that fact did not change either.

At death, God said that Adam would return to nonexistence(Genesis 3:19). David and Solomon also shed more light on what happens at death. Psalm 146:4, Ecclesiastes 9:5-10
Jesus also said that at death, it’s as if one is in a deep dreamless sleep(John 11:11-14) so the fact about dead ones being unconscious and nonexistent did not change either. Death can only be reversed through a resurrection(John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15) so if death doesn’t end it all, what is the purpose of resurrection again?

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Thanks my brother, though i was overdue before my baptism after i discovered JWs have the truth i decided to go round other religions hoping i'll find something closer to JWs due to the vilification and the carrying of the bag up and down. That's what took me over two decades before i finally returned after knowing that the TRUTH can't be of two versions but ONE.
So even the brother who conducted my study towards baptism often refer to me as "unbaptized elder" due to my vast knowledge.
I believe JEHOVAH loves me because he protected me throughout all those years knowing that i'm only trying to find alternative that's nowhere! smiley

puffed up false jw mad max, yout vast false knowledge is far far worse than no knowledge at all

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
DappaD:

Prophecies and laid-down facts are two entirely different things.

1. Prophecies:

Concerning “sacred secrets” such as Genesis 3:15 which eventually spilled into a number of prophecies across the Bible, yes it shows that God allows a very significant amount of time to pass while he progressively reveals the details about his will and purpose. Ephesians 1:9
So the way God will explain details to one person may vary(i.e. including a number of new disclosed details) with the next such as in the case of Abraham and David but in every case, they must all be in harmony.
Genesis 22:18/2Samuel 7:12

2. Laid-down Facts:

In terms of physical science, it’s already factual that at 100°C and 1atm, water will begin to boil and vaporize so this will never change.

Before Adam sinned, God already warned him that if he did sin, he would pay the price for that sin with his life(Genesis 2:17) and it’s echoed throughout the Bible that the wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23) so that fact did not change either.

At death, God said that Adam would return to nonexistence(Genesis 3:19). David and Solomon also shed more light on what happens at death. Psalm 146:4, Ecclesiastes 9:5-10
Jesus also said that at death, it’s as if one is in a deep dreamless sleep(John 11:11-14) so the fact about dead ones being unconscious and nonexistent did not change either. Death can only be reversed through a resurrection(John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15) so if death doesn’t end it all, what is the purpose of resurrection again?
Thrash.
Does. Solomon know everything God knows? Simple question.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
MightySparrow:

Thrash.

John 11:11-14, Did Jesus confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 to be very correct ?

Genesis 3:19, did Jehovah confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10,Job27:3 & Job33:4 to be correct?

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scriptures is inspired..."
King Solomon penned down the truth Jehovah inspired him to write down..

No be by force to accept God's inspired word.
Shalom.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 7:58am On Mar 07, 2021
Janosky:

John 11:11-14, Did Jesus confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 to be very correct ?

Genesis 3:19, did Jehovah confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10,Job27:3 & Job33:4 to be correct?

Shalom.

Apart from not giving to typing too many words, I have discovered that all most all of JWs I have engaged in discussion become dishonest in the line of argument.

Let us take a critical look at Solomon and his wisdom.
'And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.'
ECC. 1: 13, 17
Does it sound to you that Solomon was endowed with knowledge about everything there is? He talked about plant and animals. How many of them did he know? Could he possibly feel a plant cell today? I don't think so. How many bacteria or viruses did he know? None.
He inherited a nation of 12 tribes, he could hand down only two to his successor.

He eventually was drawn away from God by following idols. Was he inspired to do that?
His followers demanded from Rehoboam if he would continue his father's cruel rule. Was that wisdom?
Back to my original question: ' Jesus said, ' someone greater than Solomon is here.' In what way was he greater than Solomon? What is the significance of this statement?
Please answer directly, don't beat about the bush.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by haddeylium(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2021
MightySparrow:

Thrash.

Does Jesus knows everything his God 'Jehovah' knows?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by haddeylium(m): 8:54am On Mar 07, 2021
MightySparrow:

Apart from not giving to typing too many words, I have discovered that all most all of JWs I have engaged in discussion become dishonest in the line of argument.

How do you understand 1 Tim 3:16
All scriptures is inspired by God/ the source of the words originated from God?

If you study your Bible well sir - You'll know there are several ways God Authored his words through the use of the Writers
-God’s message conveyed audibly by an angel.
-Some saw visions from God.
-communicated his message in the form of dreams.
- In some cases, God allowed the writers to use their own words to record his message

They conclusion; is that Men(Writers) spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.” (2 Peter 1:21)
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2021
Janosky:

Shalom.
That is the dishonesty I talked about. The other time we were talking about prayer, I qouted the man healed by the pool of Bethesda. One of you said the qoutation was from an unbeliever therefore not valid. A child of Abraham? Are you guys witnessing for jehovah or governing board? Yet none of you have answered in clear terms. Are you afraid of the truth?

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
MightySparrow:
That is the dishonesty I talked about. The other time we were talking about prayer, I qouted the man healed by the pool of Bethesda. One of you said the qoutation was from an unbeliever therefore not valid. [/b]A child of Abraham? Are you guys witnessing for jehovah or governing board? Yet none of you have answered in clear terms. Are you afraid of the truth?

See who's talking about dishonesty, Bros are you honest?

You are arguing that Solomon doesn't know everything God knows.
Therefore, I asked you this question:

[b]@ Genesis 3:19, did Jehovah confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 (written by Solomon) is be correct?

Did Job27:3 & Job33:4 confirm that Eccl 9:5-10 is correct?

BTW, what is the correlation between the subject of prayer & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10?

Bros you refuse to believe that @ Genesis 3:19 , Jehovah confirm that Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 is authentic, na your Bible talk am.

Why do you resort to misquote JWs on the subject of prayer ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
MightySparrow:

Let us take a critical look at Solomon and his wisdom.
'And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.'
ECC. 1: 13, 17
Does it sound to you that Solomon was endowed with knowledge about everything there is? He talked about plant and animals. How many of them did he know? Could he possibly feel a plant cell today? I don't think so. How many bacteria or viruses did he know? None.
He inherited a nation of 12 tribes, he could hand down only two to his successor.

He eventually was drawn away from God by following idols. Was he inspired to do that?
His followers demanded from Rehoboam if he would continue his father's cruel rule. Was that wisdom?
Back to my original question: ' Jesus said, ' someone greater than Solomon is here.' In what way was he greater than Solomon? What is the significance of this statement?
Please answer directly, don't beat about the bush.
Yes. Solomon is imperfect, Jesus is perfect and greater than King Solomon.
King Solomon can not know everything, however he spoke the truth that Jehovah inspired him to write @ Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 and 3:18-20.
The same truth of Genesis 3:19.

Bros, @ John 15:15. John 7:16, who taught Jesus Christ?
Answer: His Father & God who spoke the words of Genesis 3:19.

@ John 11:11-14, did Jesus Christ teaching agree with Ecclesiastes 9:5-10, written by Solomon?
Answer: Yes !!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Janosky:

See who's talking about dishonesty, Bros are you honest?

You are arguing that Solomon doesn't know everything God knows.
Therefore, I asked you this question:

@ Genesis 3:19, did Jehovah confirm Psalms 146:4 & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 (written by Solomon) is be correct?

Did Job27:3 & Job33:4 confirm that Eccl 9:5-10 is correct?

BTW, what is the correlation between the subject of prayer & Ecclesiastes 9:5-10?

Bros you refuse to believe that @ Genesis 3:19 , Jehovah confirm that Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 is authentic, na your Bible talk am.

Why do you resort to misquote JWs on the subject of prayer ?

Thanks for your response.I have even forgotten. However, you have not answered the question. Jesus said, 'Someone greater than Solomon is here.' What is the significance of that statement? I pointed out that Solomon was a king, Jesus was not as yet. Solomon was rich, living large. Solomon was known for his knowledge/wisdom, Jesus - the wisdom of God. So, what does that import?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2021
Janosky:

Yes. Solomon is imperfect, Jesus is perfect and greater than King Solomon.
King Solomon can not know everything, however he spoke the truth that Jehovah inspired him to write @ Ecclesiastes 9:5-10 and 3:18-20.
The same truth of Genesis 3:19.

Bros, @ John 15:15. John 7:16, who taught Jesus Christ?
Answer: His Father & God who spoke the words of Genesis 3:19.

@ John 11:11-14, did Jesus Christ teaching agree with Ecclesiastes 9:5-10, written by Solomon?
Answer: Yes !!

Thanks for your response.I have even forgotten. However, you have not answered the question. Jesus said, 'Someone greater than Solomon is here.' What is the significance of that statement? I pointed out that Solomon was a king, Jesus was not as yet. Solomon was rich, living large. Solomon was known for his knowledge/wisdom, Jesus - the wisdom of God. So, what does that import
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2021
Always looking for JWs but never ready to accept the truth and can't present a better performing group! cheesy
Your blood brother is one of us o!
Go for 1,000 days dry fasting and prayers perhaps your prayers will format all the good things he has heard, seen, knew and experienced with JWs! Psalms 34:8 cheesy

MightySparrow:

Thanks for your response.I have even forgotten. However, you have not answered the question. Jesus said, 'Someone greater than Solomon is here.' What is the significance of that statement? I pointed out that Solomon was a king, Jesus was not as yet. Solomon was rich, living large. Solomon was known for his knowledge/wisdom, Jesus - the wisdom of God. So, what does that import
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 9:54am On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Always looking for JWs but never ready to accept the truth and can't present a better performing group! cheesy
Your blood brother is one of us o!
Go for 1,000 days dry fasting and prayers perhaps your prayers will format all the good things he has heard, seen, knew and experienced with JWs! Psalms 34:8 cheesy

I asked you to give definition of truth, you haven't given me the definition. That clearly show, what you consider truth is not what I consider as truth. Instead for you to give a simple definition you perambulate with scriptures as if I don't know them. Just honestly give truth a definition. Thanks.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
With the highlighted in your heart there's no need asking for my own definition since you're sure it will differ from yours nah, so keep yours and i'll surely keep mine! wink

MightySparrow:

I asked you to give definition of truth, you haven't given me the definition. That clearly show, what you consider truth is not what I consider as truth. Instead for you to give a simple definition you perambulate with scriptures as if I don't know them. Just honestly give truth a definition. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Thanks for your response.I have even forgotten. [b]However, you have not answered the question. Jesus said, 'Someone greater than Solomon is here.' What is the significance of that statement? [/b]I pointed out that Solomon was a king, Jesus was not as yet. Solomon was rich, living large. Solomon was known for his knowledge/wisdom, Jesus - the wisdom of God. So, what does that import

King Solomon is imperfect, Jesus is perfect and also ,greater than King Solomon.

Besides, the role of Jesus Christ in his Father's arrangement is far greater than that of King Solomon.
Did Solomon sacrifice his life for anyone?
John 3:16, Romans 8:3, but Jesus did.

1 Chronicles 29:23, king Solomon ruled Israel for about 40 years.
But , Jesus Christ would be a heavenly king with dominion over the earth, appointed by Jehovah God his Father.
Jesus rulership of God's kingdom is for a thousand years. 1 Corinthians 15:24-27. Psalm 110:1 (ASV). Revelation 20:4.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

The truth is everything the holy Scriptures says it's true, including the holy writ inspired of God. John 17:3,17. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
The next thing he will say "everything is DELUSION" smiley
So unless you just agree that all the religions around you calling Jesus are also practicing the truth MightySparrow will continue to tell you it's delusion. That's why i told him to hold onto his own which he is not sure of while i'll hold unto mine that i know for a certainty that it's not delusion but the ultimate truth! smiley

Janosky:

The truth is everything the holy Scriptures says it's true, including the holy writ inspired of God. John 17:3,17. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The next thing he will say "everything is DELUSION" smiley
So unless you just agree that all the religions around you calling Jesus are also practicing the truth MightySparrow will continue to tell you it's delusion. That's why i told him to hold onto his own which he is not sure of while i'll hold unto mine that i know for a certainty that it's not delusion but the ultimate truth! smiley

Good definition, what truth has the scriptures said about gravity and electric current by your definition?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Search the scriptures, one young first century Jewish carpenter claimed he is the truth {John 14:6} i'm 100% sure that if you study his words carefully you'll find answers to your question! cheesy

MightySparrow:

Good definition, what truth has the scriptures said about gravity and electric current by your definition?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Search the scriptures, one young first century Jewish carpenter claimed he is the truth {John 14:6} i'm 100% sure that if you study his words carefully you'll find answers to your question! cheesy

You haven't given definition of truth, so forget
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Funny Churchgoer! cheesy

MightySparrow:

You haven't given definition of truth, so forget
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Funny Churchgoer! cheesy

Deluded meeting attendee

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40am On Apr 04, 2021
Funny Churchgoer
Deluded meeting attendee
Confirmation that you and i aren't on the same page so there's no need chatting with me! smiley

MightySparrow:

Deluded meeting attendee

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by MightySparrow: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Funny Churchgoer
Deluded meeting attendee
Confirmation that you and i aren't on the same page so there's no need chatting with me! smiley

Lie, we will continue to chat, you have been an artful Dodger. You don't give direct answers to questions. You want people to follow dogma. Janosky replied that' truth's I asked you is everything the scriptures say. I asked what does it say about gravity and electric current.
Your answers don't follow the question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply)

Shocking Details I Found About The Porn Industry -abylyty / Meet Nigerian Pastors Who Own Private Jets. (photos, Video) / Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Buhari Death, Buhari Double, Jubril Sudan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.