Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Snake In My Roof - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Snake In My Roof (61624 Views)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 3:21am On May 16, 2019
Richy4:
This kind of gist is sending shivers down my spine.. U were practically living with a dangerous creature ... who was not paying rent... and for two years or more for that matter.. haba!

I'm guessing you gonna teach me on how one can get his eyes closed at night knowing fully well that a dangerous snake is living with him.. Some people are way too 'tough' for my liking..

The Snake is only up there while we r down here. The only place it could come out from os the man hole in the ceiling the man hole is well covered too. Ceiling is POP made, so the snake is well sealed up . i left it for 2 years thinking it would do of hunger. Surprisingly, it did not. Like GarbaAudu mention the thong been feeding on wall geckos( omo online).
Re: Snake In My Roof by Richy4(m): 5:35am On May 16, 2019
xavuv:

The Snake is only up there while we r down here. The only place it could come out from os the man hole in the ceiling the man hole is well covered too. Ceiling is POP made, so the snake is well sealed up . i left it for 2 years thinking it would do of hunger. Surprisingly, it did not. Like GarbaAudu mention the thong been feeding on wall geckos( omo online).

Thanks for clarifying that... The way I 'love ' snakes I don't think it's gonna stay for 2mins not to talk of 2 yrs...

The way I see things might be different from yours... Nothing Is 100% guaranteed in this world including life..
So whether PDP or was it POP ceiling , I don't think it's 100% safe...Anyways just be vigilant and be careful..and if u have little children around, I don't even wanna go there..

10 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 7:28am On May 16, 2019
Richy4:

Thanks for clarifying that... The way I 'love ' snakes I don't think it's gonna stay for 2mins not to talk of 2 yrs...

The way I see things might be different from yours... Nothing Is 100% guaranteed in this world including life..
So whether PDP or was it POP celling, I don't think it's 100% safe...Anyways just be vigilant and be careful..and if u have little children around, I don't even wanna go there..

Thanks sir. Im fixing to get it out.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 8:38am On May 16, 2019
I found someone, security man/Olode, and he has agreed to come fetch the snake on saturday, hopefully he will come and fetch it.

I will update you all.
Thank you good ppl on nairaland.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by Femonjay(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2019
I got this from forwarded WhatsApp message.

Snakes and Honey

Do you have snakes harassing you in your house, office or farm?

To flush out the snake, just light a whole paper soaked in honey and place it in the middle of the Living Room or at the Centre of your Office.

Open the door, and wherever the snake is hiding in the house, it will rush out urgently and you'll end up with it outside.

The smell of burnt honey is a strong repulsive nightmare for all dangerous reptiles

Pls Share for the benefit of others.

48 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Snake In My Roof by Trendytessy(f): 5:35pm On May 16, 2019
This Op has mind sha.. You didn't even consider your children/wife. God help us

4 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by mostyg(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2019
That's the job of sniper

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by AngryParrot1: 9:35pm On May 16, 2019
Pound garlic, put in different corners of the house, & the ceiling.
Re: Snake In My Roof by djoe21(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2019
edoman2016:

I can bet there is no snake in your ceiling. It is reptile that is disturbing your ceiling. And it is normal in most houses

Is snake not a reptile? Or you mean rodents?

13 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 12:06pm On May 17, 2019
djoe21:

Is snake not a reptile? Or you mean rodents?

I think he meant lizards ...

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by djoe21(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2019
xavuv:

It roams about in the ceiling. Sometimes we can hear it chasing something around in the ceiling

Chasing around? They hunt codedly. They hardly chase their prey around no matter how hungry they are. Are you sure it is not a cat up there? The cat could have brought the snake skin up there too.

27 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by djoe21(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2019
xavuv:
I found someone, security man/Olode, and he has agreed to come fetch the snake on saturday, hopefully he will come and fetch it.

I will update you all.
Thank you good ppl on nairaland.

All right. Good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by Mancala: 7:32pm On May 17, 2019
That’s a hell of a conundrum you have there! Many years ago, I learnt something which I filed away in my mind under “useless information”, never knew I could use it to help someone years later. I visited a friend who had a chicken coop in his backyard. I had stayed the night, and in the morning, accompanied him to his backyard to gather eggs from the coop. Lo and behold, we encountered a strange (to me) sight. A large black snake was in the chicken coop with a piece of string hanging from its mouth. The other end of the string was tied to a structural post in the coop. The snake was almost motionless! I started to run, but my friend said to calm down, the snake is held fast, it can’t go anywhere. He told me the trick he used.

What he did was boil an egg, then used a knife to cut a slit along the side of the egg. He then proceeded to insert a fish hook with the shank pressed into the egg, to a position where the tip and barb are inside the edge of the egg and are pointed to the outside. He then had the hook tied to a line and then tied off to something sturdy. Then he put the egg in the cage. He said the method never fails whenever he has nuisance snakes in his yard. Try this and report back grin

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 7:56pm On May 17, 2019
Mancala:
That’s a hell of a conundrum you have there! Many years ago, I learnt something which I filed away in my mind under “useless information”, never knew I could use it to help someone years later. I visited a friend who had a chicken coop in his backyard. I had stayed the night, and in the morning, accompanied him to his backyard to gather eggs from the coop. Lo and behold, we encountered a strange (to me) sight. A large black snake was in the chicken coop with a piece of string hanging from its mouth. The other end of the string was tied to a structural post in the coop. The snake was almost motionless! I started to run, but my friend said to calm down, the snake is held fast, it can’t go anywhere. He told me the trick he used.

What he did was boil an egg, then used a knife to cut a slit along the side of the egg. He then proceeded to insert a fish hook with the shank pressed into the egg, to a position where the tip and barb are inside the edge of the egg and are pointed to the outside. He then had the hook tied to a line and then tied off to something sturdy. Then he put the egg in the cage. He said the method never fails whenever he has nuisance snakes in his yard. Try this and report back grin

Thanks. Someone is coming tomorrow. Lets see how it goes

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by giftfromGod(f): 8:01pm On May 17, 2019
I really want to know how the outcome of tomorrow would be. You tried oh two good years and you were able to close your eyes at night? I salute you Bros.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by tabithababy(f): 8:40pm On May 17, 2019
Mancala:

Do not try this o @OP angry
Re: Snake In My Roof by Mancala: 11:47pm On May 17, 2019
tabithababy:

Do not try this o @OP angry

For the sake of posterity/ anyone who comes across this thread in the future, let me state categorically that this is a tried, tested and true method of catching snakes. I saw it with my own eyes. I was astonished by the simplistic ingenuity and researched it at that time. It works great. This method will catch the snake alive. Other similar methods that will kill snakes include leaving golf balls around in the vicinity. The snake swallows the golf ball and cannot digest it and utimately dies. Some folks use small light bulbs. Same principle. The snake swallows the lightbulb and dies. One other egg method is to inject a boiled egg with antifreeze and leave it where the snake frequents. Snake eats it and dies. My buddy who raises chickens swears by all of these. You can google and find numerous testimonies.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Snake In My Roof by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:31am On May 18, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks. Someone is coming tomorrow. Lets see how it goes
tomorrow is now today. How is it going now

14 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by duduade: 9:23am On May 18, 2019
FlyingTOMATOE:
tomorrow is now today. How is it going now

Loool

We are many waiting

5 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by czarina(f): 9:51am On May 18, 2019
xavuv, how's Mr LongStory?

Dem don kill am?

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Wizywiz(m): 11:25am On May 18, 2019
Oga xavuv how far dem don kill am.....biko update someone is waiting

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by tabithababy(f): 12:28pm On May 18, 2019
Many people are waiting cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 18, 2019
Any update about the snake yet...

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 1:17pm On May 18, 2019
Yes, baba(olode) got here around 9am. We went into the ceiling together, at the exact spot we usually hear the snake movement. Searched, Snake was nowhere to be found. We guess it went to hide in deep block holes.

We got out of the ceiling. We got 1 liter of Sniper + 400gram of a chemical called DOMINATOR. Mixed it and fumigate whole ceiling area. Fumigated all rooms too.

We also got 3 small cooked eggs and neatly inserted pin in each one, placed it somewhere inside the ceiling. I hope all these will get rid of it.

We will not be sleeping in the house today. We r preparing to leave home now and return tomorrow evening.

Thanks all.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Snake In My Roof by giftfromGod(f): 2:16pm On May 18, 2019
Okay that good. But let us know the final out come there after.But will a day off be okay staying alway ?

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 3:17pm On May 18, 2019
giftfromGod:
Okay that good. But let us know the final out come there after.But will a day off be okay staying alway ?
I guess so.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Mancala: 4:13pm On May 18, 2019
xavuv:
Yes, baba(olode) got here around 9am. We went into the ceiling together, at the exact spot we usually hear the snake movement. Searched, Snake was nowhere to be found. We guess it went to hide in deep block holes.

We got out of the ceiling. We got 1 liter of Sniper + 400gram of a chemical called DOMINATOR. Mixed it and fumigate whole ceiling area. Fumigated all rooms too.

We also got 3 small cooked eggs and neatly inserted pin in each one, placed it somewhere inside the ceiling. I hope all these will get rid of it.

We will not be sleeping in the house today. We r preparing to leave home now and return tomorrow evening.

Thanks all.

The plot thickens. Its like watching a movie. We all are waiting with bated breathe in anticipation of the climax. You should set up a camera in your attic with a live you tube feed and charge a few naira for admission grin

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by tabithababy(f): 5:11pm On May 18, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks all.

Good. Hope the ceiling is still well covered

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by duduade: 9:02pm On May 18, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks all.

It is well... We are anticipating
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 10:07pm On May 18, 2019
tabithababy:

Yes. The manhole is wel covered.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 10:17pm On May 18, 2019
tabithababy:

Yes. The manhole is wel covered.
Thanks
Re: Snake In My Roof by avast01(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks all.

Bolded is one of many reasons it is necessary to block/stop/fill/cover all holes up there before and after roofing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Is What You Do When Your Best Friend Is In Labour... / If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo) / President Buhari should see this! I'm in Tears..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.