Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Snake In My Roof - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Snake In My Roof (61578 Views)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake In My Roof by Oluwasanmi18: 6:52am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

I have seen snake skin inside the sailing in 2017. Very long skin. I guess the snake been living inside the top block holes before the house was roofed. It never want to leave.
Read well about snakes......I don't think there is any snake on ur roof as claimed....snakes are very sensitive to vibration(I don't think it withstand d vibration level in ur home only if u ain't leaving dr) ,they also sense dr environs with d aid of their tongues.... practically if dis is true u shouldn't be seeing any reptiles (lizard expecially) running off ur walls cos dy will find such habitat insecure for them.....
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:55am On May 20, 2019
You want to kill your neighbor who has never harmed you for 3 years..

You are a murderer

5 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:58am On May 20, 2019
Oluwasanmi18:
Read well about snakes......I don't think there is any snake on ur roof as claimed....snakes are very sensitive to vibration(I don't think it withstand d vibration level in ur home only if u ain't leaving dr) ,they also sense dr environs with d aid of their tongues.... practically if dis is true u shouldn't be seeing any reptiles (lizard expecially) running off ur walls cos dy will find such habitat insecure for them.....

There is a great difference in living with a Snake and snake attacking you..

You can live with a snake in the same House.. Not even roof tops.. And it won't hurt you

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Centrallock: 7:08am On May 20, 2019
Viking007:
Yes. A kid in my church died recently due to snake bites. He went to poo not knowing a snake was hiding inside the toilet.
bro pls as in how can a snake hide inside a flushed toilet, one should probably see it or is there any other way to spot it
Re: Snake In My Roof by Tocynone(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

It roams about in the ceiling. Sometimes we can hear it chasing something around in the ceiling
. Hire those Hausa guys
Re: Snake In My Roof by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 7:21am On May 20, 2019
This would make a nice sequel to snake in a plane

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by bentwood85(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2019
Omihanifa:

You are a bastard undecided nah you no go progress in all your ways and hutsle ( the Agege bread you are selling)

Stupid spiritualist, I knew you were going to investigate my source of income.. That shows how evil you are... Spiritualism frustrate your life there..

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Davd52(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2019
you don't have to even fumigate just call me I'd tell you what to do asap. and the snake will even call your name as say bros why you wan take like this kill me after what we have been together. 07060680044 call me now bitter cola is the solution I'd tell you how to apply it
Re: Snake In My Roof by ACE1010: 7:43am On May 20, 2019
Guy, use pepper spray on it. It works like magic grin grin grin
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 8:07am On May 20, 2019
Throw 3 starving male cats in the roof and go to sleep.

But seriously, place a small pocket sized drone in the roof to navigate round with light. It'll irritate the snake to come out and attack it. Or while it is hovering round, attach a bottle of dripping sniper

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by olaolaking: 8:09am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks. Someone is coming tomorrow. Lets see how it goes
That method will work. I never tried it before but my mind td me if you can get a fish hook and cleverly hook it up on what the snake can swallow.

Now this person is saying it.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by olaolaking: 8:12am On May 20, 2019
Centrallock:
bro pls as in how can a snake hide inside a flushed toilet, one should probably see it or is there any other way to spot it
It won't be inside the flushing tube. It will hide at the edge of the seat inside where water use to come out when you flush
Re: Snake In My Roof by Omihanifa: 8:19am On May 20, 2019
bentwood85:

Stupid spiritualist, I knew you were going to investigate my source of income.. That shows how evil you are... Spiritualism frustrate your life there..

نذل
Re: Snake In My Roof by olaolaking: 8:25am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

I guess it is enjoying the warmth in the ceiling.
I doubt if there is a snake up there. You are a threat to them and won't feel comfortable when they hear people's voices all the time. They can come for hunting through but will go back to their abode nearby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by SkinnyNigga: 8:32am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:
I found someone, security man/Olode, and he has agreed to come fetch the snake on saturday, hopefully he will come and fetch it.

I will update you all.
Thank you good ppl on nairaland.
have you killed it?
Re: Snake In My Roof by Toluhwanie(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2019
Op! Have you killed it??
Re: Snake In My Roof by bentwood85(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2019
Omihanifa:

نذل
ﻧﺬﻝ
Re: Snake In My Roof by iliyande(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2019
Re: Snake In My Roof by xteve(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2019

OP what's your problem? How can you make us interested in this snake story and you're not here to even update us, no even pictures? If you provoke me those snake offsprings will overtake the roof oh.

Ehen, what's the update?
Any sound from the roof?

Oya, gist us.

5 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by olujuwonj(m): 9:28am On May 20, 2019
kings59:

Follow what this person has said ooo. Since the snake is at the top of the roof, more likely in a hole, I can tell you that that snake is a black cobra( Naga specie).

That type of cobra is very agressive, they ain't affected by fumigation, onions, bitter kola, carbide or planting lemon grass.

Stop there! Who says mangose are not present in Nigeria?... All those ones hunted as bush meat! Are they from Taiwan?

My cousin left the room window open, and there was a hole on the net. That black cobra climbed the fense, from the fence, it stretched and rolled over the rope we use to spread cloth, from the rope it entered the hole on the net.

I wanted to go out and get something( I was the only one at home that night) , but before going, something told me to flash torch light at the curtain ,as I flashed light at the curtain, loo and behold I saw a long fat black cobra rolling itself on the black rod. I blinded its eyes with the rechargeable lamp I bought.

I can't fight or slaughter the snake alone, so I decided to keep the snake company by continuously talking and gingering myself. After 30 mins, my sis and mom came back home. They came in and saw me flashing light in the room. I told them to come and see. Immediately they both saw it, the shouted and began to shiver.

I then told my sis that our cousin left the window open and left for work. So I told her to go and call like 4 guys. She came back with them.

As I showed them the snake, to my greatest surprise, the 4 guys began to fight one another saying, " na me get the snake oo, na me go chop am" others were also saying same."

After I settled on how the snake would be shared, we all went in and the killing began.

I hit the head, it fell and began to roll in an unspecified direction, it was very fast, the other guy got the middle part by slicing it with a cutlass. The snake hurriedly crawled under the wardrobe. One of the guys quickly got the head as we shifted the wardrobe.

The snake died instantly and it's head was decapitated immediately.

I know the risk we took in killing that snake.

So Op please just call a snake charmer because that one on your roof might be able to spit. Its spit is very harmful to the eyes if not washed properly.

Also note that mating season is coming, June, July, august, be expecting like 4 to 5 of them.

Act quickly before june.

OR

You can buy a pussy cat, they are threat to snakes.

It's just like a kidnapper living next to you.

The cat is the ''kidnapper'' while the snake is the ''you"

It's very dangerous to live close to a kidnapper because one day dem fit kidnap or kill the person. So it is with cat and snake.

There is only two animals that can kill a snake but you can't find them in Nigeria or import them.

They are;

1. Mongoose

2. Honey badger( even lions are afraid of honey badger)

When snake bits these animals, the venom travels straight to its heart, the venom gets neutralized and becomes harmless, it bounces back through their veins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 10:00am On May 20, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
have you killed it?

Not yet. Cant enter the ceiling at the moment because of fumigation odour
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 10:03am On May 20, 2019
0CYBR0:

You went back home yesterday evening, what's the status report? Sleep well?

Yes i slept well. No movements in the ceiling yet. I cant enter the ceiling now because of fumigation odor

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Cooladex(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2019
My bed has requested me for me on a whole day trip. Can't imagine driving through this flood today again. I pity th ose on lekki
Re: Snake In My Roof by dedoz: 10:07am On May 20, 2019
Sometime March this year,I travelled to my village.I saw a boy of about 9years bitten by a snake,My very first time of seeing someone bitten by a snake...he was sent to buy sugar around 7:30pm.Rather than buy the sugar and go home,he went to search for mangoes.Though he was with a torch light,he mistakenly stepped on the snake which struck and went away immediately...When I saw his leg,it was still very swollen and he was limping around with it.The Mum said I saw it when the swelling has gone down a bit that if I had seen it when it happened,which was a week earlier I would have screamed.I even saw the two spots on his foot,where it bit him from.I was really scared that day,they said he was rushed to a herbalist who gave him a concoction and that he vomited the poison.....I guess if it was a venomous snake,it would have been a different story.

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 10:07am On May 20, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Good Pm Op, Any development yet ?

So I doubt if it's a snake that keeps making noise in your ceiling. My reasons, If I read correctly you said it shed its skin.

You probably don't know this before but I'll tell you, Snakes when they shed there skins moves far away as fast as possible from that spot. They can't come back anymore, that's fact and you can confirm from elderly ones, they'll tell you more, Unless another snake came in to start causing tantrums up in your ceiling but the one that shed its skin is gone... I'll advice to confirm your claims, know what is up there, if you can't call on someone or people that will.

Peace

Still chilling o. Cant enter that roof now. Fumigation odor too much
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 10:25am On May 20, 2019
frozen70:

Look for snake catchers to sort you out.

Snake is risky to have as a tenant, because of its slippery nature, it can feed on you

Those snake catchers must be around with you for some days and night to hear the sound and detect the spot or location

While you are searching for them, get bitter kola up to hundreds and spread around there in the ceiling

There is this flowers that scares snake in the compound.
I learnt that carpet grass distort snake's movement, is it true?
Re: Snake In My Roof by amiskurie(m): 10:27am On May 20, 2019
Why did you pay anoth er rent? grin grin
Re: Snake In My Roof by Makaveli217(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2019
GogetterMD:

Can they/do they charm mice too? I have a mice problem in my house. For 6 months now I've been unable to get rid of them cry. Different poisons, rat glue. They avoid all of it. And the smell and sound they make drives me crazy
Goan collect op snake, i bet it will do the job.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by HomeOfMe(f): 10:55am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:
Hello everyone,

There is snake living in my roof. It has been over 2 years now the reptile has been living in there. I first noticed it sometimes in 2017 when i saw snake skin in my roof. I have blocked all entry holes for lizard and the likes thinking the snake would die or leave due to starvation ....but it didnt leave and the snake seems to be thriving in there. I dont know what its eating.

I taught of fumigation but i think the snake can escape the fumigation odor because it can easily hide in the deep block holes.

I cant go in there, as am writing this i can hear the snake moving all about in my attic.

What can i do to get rid of it?

MODS: If its not too much i want this in front page for better audience or opinions.
How did the snake get to your ceiling. Do you have trees touching your roof?
Re: Snake In My Roof by daddyfreeman1(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2019
Bro... Let me tell you what we usually use to chase snake out from our compound... As you said there's snake in your house. Just get like 4big ripped bitter-cola, not ordinary cola, I said bitter cola, ripped one. break it into 2 or 3. Then throw it there that you often hear the sound of the snake, and break some and drop it around your compound where there is too much things, like where you used to park dustbin or other things like fire wood where you know things can hide. And as well drop some like 5-6 at every Corner of your house (room) if the snake hear the smell it will run and relocate to another place. Believe me it works... Thank me later... Just try it.... Don't look down on this my suggestion. It works 100%... God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by sunkieisland(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2019
There is a specific insecticide for reptiles. Use it. The downside is that you have to vacate the house for about 2-3 days. But it's so effective that there will be no hiding place for any reptile or rodents.

Ciao
Re: Snake In My Roof by peters230: 11:19am On May 20, 2019
throw a better cola into the roof.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

My Sister Want To Expose My Secret Life To My Husband / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.