Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Snake In My Roof - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Snake In My Roof (61573 Views)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake In My Roof by MissEfe(f): 3:38am On May 20, 2019
I can't sleep oh
Re: Snake In My Roof by donsheddy1(m): 3:45am On May 20, 2019
Omihanifa:
If what you are saying is the truth then the snake is not ordinary undecided it's more of a spiritual issue than fumigation sad angry
Awon church members ti de o.
Re: Snake In My Roof by GogetterMD(m): 4:26am On May 20, 2019
GarbaAudu:

If you have seen the long skin shade, then it's most likely a black cobra. It has a strong survival skill and can adapt to any unhealthy environment, holes, dark spaces etc. If you are sure you don't have rats/rodents in the house then the serpent is feeding on wall geckoes. That explains why it survived this long. If you are really convinced that you have a snake up there, then your best option is to call the service of Hausa snake charmers. Any other options will be dangerous as the snake will be threatened by the invasion of its territory. It can fight to death. If you are in the north, snake charmers are everywhere. If you are in Lagos, you can get them in IdiAraba, Obalende, Mile12, or even Agege. For a fee of N10, 000 they can safely remove any poisonous reptile from your house.

Can they/do they charm mice too? I have a mice problem in my house. For 6 months now I've been unable to get rid of them cry. Different poisons, rat glue. They avoid all of it. And the smell and sound they make drives me crazy

4 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by CHAmP99(m): 4:48am On May 20, 2019
The fact is that starvation can not kill a snake Because the reptile is a cold blooded animal...guys go and get a snake catcher had if been u r in Jos we have enough snake catchers dat will use jaz to catch it be it spiritual or normal snake....
Re: Snake In My Roof by Viking007(m): 4:59am On May 20, 2019
footprint17:
ignorance is ur problem ...
There are different species of alligators
The person you are arguing with is right. What you just posted is a specie of lizard. A simple Google won't hurt.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by tolzy90(m): 5:03am On May 20, 2019
GogetterMD:

Can they/do they charm mice too? I have a mice problem in my house. For 6 months now I've been unable to get rid of them cry. Different poisons, rat glue. They avoid all of it. And the smell and sound they make drives me crazy
get yourself a cat
Re: Snake In My Roof by GogetterMD(m): 5:18am On May 20, 2019
tolzy90:
get yourself a cat
Will I get myself a dog too after the cat gets rid of the mice? grin

Seriously now, the mice hide in those very narrow crevices and spaces between the cupboards, inside the washing machine. It would be a very tedious hunt for even the best of cats, and I do not think that I can be emotionally available for any pet right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by GogetterMD(m): 5:20am On May 20, 2019
CHAmP99:
The fact is that starvation can not kill a snake Because the reptile is a cold blooded animal...guys go and get a snake catcher had if been u r in Jos we have enough snake catchers dat will use jaz to catch it be it spiritual or normal snake....
How does been cold blooded prevent it from dying from starvation? Help me out please I'm confused

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by femi4: 5:21am On May 20, 2019
MissEfe:
I can't sleep oh
come to my bedroom ....cassava dey for you

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:25am On May 20, 2019
asamwababy:

Insert small pins inside the boiled egg and dont peel the shell.Once it swallows it and tries to compress it with its muscle for digestion,then the pins will pop out and gbege go shele.It will be struggling with the pins which will eventually kill it.

Thanks. I already did this on the day i fumigated the ceiling.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:27am On May 20, 2019
utenwuson:
go to any ministry of Agric and buy poison, it's kinda long with 20 tablet in it, break all the tablet, mix it with any dry fish, and drop it there, next morning go and take it out, a snake of two years should be massave.......

I learnt Snakes eat live things.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:31am On May 20, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Bro this your excuse of "it's living up while we're down" is not very good. It sounds like you're enjoying the company of the snake.

You didn't have to wait 2 years before seeking solution.

Yes u r right. I thought it would starve to death cuz i blocked all channels lizards use to get onside the ceiling.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:36am On May 20, 2019
PRODUTIM1:
My brother the snake that you saw its skin is no longer on your ceiling. Snake does not stay or return to where it shed its skin. Fact!!!
that's not a Fact.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:36am On May 20, 2019
duscollins:
I just shared your story with an experience friend and he approved of the boiled egg. Its cheap and effective.

Thank you
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:40am On May 20, 2019
CHAmP99:
I m still searching, they are not noht readily available in Osogbo. I hope the fumigation i just did works.
Re: Snake In My Roof by AdelaLee(f): 5:43am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:
Hello everyone,

There is snake living in my roof. It has been over 2 years now the reptile has been living in there. I first noticed it sometimes in 2017 when i saw snake skin in my roof. I have blocked all entry holes for lizard and the likes thinking the snake would die or leave due to starvation ....but it didnt leave and the snake seems to be thriving in there. I dont know what its eating.

I taught of fumigation but i think the snake can escape the fumigation odor because it can easily hide in the deep block holes.

I cant go in there, as am writing this i can hear the snake moving all about in my attic.

What can i do to get rid of it?

MODS: If its not too much i want this in front page for better audience or opinions.
get some carbide and throw inside, good and reliable snake repellant, cheap too
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:45am On May 20, 2019
Jfrankination:
following closely, please update us on the success with pictures too

Sure will
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 5:50am On May 20, 2019
Offpoint:

Lol, I'm a lover of snakes. I don't miss any snake TV shows on DSTV.

First of all, snakes don't chase their preys they ambush and strikes. All they need is one bite, once they strike once they won't even chase any prey, they'll wait for the venom to do it job within a minute. In between this time, no matter how far their prey ran to, they have the ability to track with their tongues... cuz as the prey is running its leaving behind smells which the snake pick up with their tongues and trace till the locate their prey effortlessly. most snakes have heat sensor, so they can hunt in total darkness.

From all your story so far, I don't think there's a snake in your roof, if there's a snake in your compound or in your house they only came to hunt and leave, not to live.
Snakes avoid contact with us more than you can think of, they prefer their natural habitat.

I guess it is enjoying the warmth in the ceiling.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by AntiWailer: 5:53am On May 20, 2019
Oga get Aboki around and pay them to bring that thing out .

If they search and cnt find it.

Buy anti snake and tell them to put it

If it left , it will never come back there.
Re: Snake In My Roof by Edzy: 5:55am On May 20, 2019
some months ago my security (a Fulani man) kill a 6 ft cobra in house ( yet to be completed). I ve done pop 4 all room save the parlor, he told me, with his family he was outside at night hanging out, when his wife went into the house to get something at night,she entered the parlor, what she saw was a black cobra, even when all doors and windows are closed. the husband came in and kill the snake, and since then I ve bin thinking how did it get into my house? . the only explanation then was its hiding inside the hollow of blocks and come out when the house is quiet. anytime I visit my house, I'm always very careful as i have this thinking, it's not the only one in the house. this tread has made me have a rethink, that indeed snakes can hide inside ceiling without the occupant noticing it. let me look for this charmers sharperly before moving in

11 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 6:00am On May 20, 2019
Edzy:
some months ago my security (a Fulani man) kill a 6 ft cobra in house ( yet to be completed). I ve done pop 4 all room save the parlor, he told me, with his family he was outside at night hanging out, when his wife went into the house to get something at night,she entered the parlor, what she saw was a black cobra, even when all doors and windows are closed. the husband came in and kill the snake, and since then I ve bin thinking how did it get into my house? . the only explanation then was its hiding inside the hollow of blocks and come out when the house is quiet. anytime I visit my house, I'm always very careful as i have this thinking, it's not the only one in the house. this tread has made me have a rethink, that indeed snakes can hide inside ceiling without the occupant noticing it. let me look for this charmers sharperly before moving in

If you can fill the hollow blocks with cement then pls do
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:04am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

I cant go up there and check it. Am scared bro. My pop ceiling has started showing some crack. Maybe the weight of the thing is responsible.

Someone suggest i should throw boiled egg inside the ceiling...

Boiled eggs to bribe a snake? grin

Seal everywhere and fumigate. Let's see what happens next
Re: Snake In My Roof by Edzy: 6:12am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

thanks, will do that
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:14am On May 20, 2019
MissEfe:
I can't sleep oh
That's gud!
Re: Snake In My Roof by nepapole(m): 6:17am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Sure will
U better do... We are waiting. That horror film just cant end like that.
Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:25am On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

You went back home yesterday evening, what's the status report? Sleep well?
Re: Snake In My Roof by Ikpongiton: 6:27am On May 20, 2019
Seun360:

Mongoose full Etinan, in Akwa Ibom State na.
where in etinan?liar.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by xanderj22(m): 6:35am On May 20, 2019
Get a cat and throw inside the ceiling and allow the cat do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by isahkadir1(m): 6:35am On May 20, 2019
Please rub enough honey on paper and light it on the roof... Snakes hate the smell of burnt honey..
Re: Snake In My Roof by Dinirojones(m): 6:43am On May 20, 2019
czarina:
throw boiled eggs inside the ceiling for what? To bribe it?

Re: Snake In My Roof by iykejazz: 6:44am On May 20, 2019
You need to quickly set your entire roof on fire. Just take your family out and then burn down the roof, the snake must surely die in the fire.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 6:46am On May 20, 2019
dip a paper in honey and burn it. it's a strong snake repellent

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

My Sister Want To Expose My Secret Life To My Husband / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.