Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050007 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Yhkl: 10:23am On May 17, 2019
Congratulations @WhizzyG. Am so happy for you. Please, I seriously need your help. I have taken ielts twice and am stuck with 6.5 in writing and 7.5 in listening. Please can you send those Liz materials to me through my email, ttlade3@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation.

[color=#006600][/color][quote author=WhizzyG post=78457395]WARNING ⚠ A Very long post ahead, I promised to be very detailed when I submit my script cos other people might learn from it. ⚠

Despite my unfaithfulness, my God is ever faithful!!!. I still can’t believe if this is real �� my goodness!!!

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
Profile submitted 17th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
Biometrics completed 25th March
ADR 11th May (Education Certificates)
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa
NOC 1111

Journey started August last year, my ex and I broke up 2 months before and I remember seeing one Canadian agent’s cArd in his wallet. I sha snapped it and never bothered about it. He wanted to go to Estonia as he was into IT and hoped to get shengien visa. I did my research on Nairaland too and sent him the link, we both read. My dumb ass really wanted to go with him as per the “LOML” when I knew fully well Estonia was never in my bucket list � after the breakup I realized I wanted Canada or Australia instead of the Estonia I was researching on. I carried myself to Nairaland and read the express entry thread for both countries and concluded Canada was easier and left Australia. I called the agency guys and went to their office, I paid 10k and captioned it “Mumu Money” they asked why I did that I said I’m scared if it would worth it. Long and short, all what they told me was what I already knew with the exception of the fact that if I had National Diploma it would earn me extra points (I didn’t know this before that day). I figured it wasn’t a waste afterall as I had gained some confidence in what I already knew And Nairaland wasn’t selling crap to me.

My cousin in the US suggest I come to there as that’s where the money is and leave Canada. I was stucked in a limbo as to whether to chose US and go on a student visa or go for Canada as PR. Canada far outweighed US as this Trump ish was becoming a pain in the ass.

Sometimes in September 2018 or there about another bobo waka come that wan said it was Australia he was going to that he preferred it cos of distance and he won’t have to look back to naija again. Omo na so I borrow myself brain sharp sharp I told him I’m not doing oh before another boy comman ruin my career for me �

WES account created on 27 July 2018, paid August 1 and this was before the WAEC saga but somehow they managed to drag me back to be among those that must verify WAEC. ECA was the longest wait time! Took over 5 months to get it all sorted. My friend in ilorin helping me had exams to write so he couldn’t give it his 100% time, I can’t blame him. asked him to tip the guys in school. Total cost for ECA was N140,285 started 1 August 2018 ready 14 January 2019. I used nipost to send my certificate and AAT Transcript(sent separately it was 4k, the lady use scope to corner my change), my Bsc was delivered but my AAT wasn’t I found out after 2 months wait and sent again with UPS, paid N14,500. Waec cost 10k and paid 9k for courier through UPS. I got the UPS woman’s number begged her to let me include my ATS transcript(which was ready in less than 3 days) alongside my WAEC transcript. She no gree, I tipped her 2k and she was extra nice. I had two or more certificates (BSC and AAT)

IELTS
So I wrote twice both were MOD
First one was for AUG 18 LRWS - 8, 8, 7.5, 6.5 �
Second was Oct 27 LRWS - 8, 8, 7.5, 7 �
My first IELTS experience, I prepared for a month and used mostly Jay’s video from E2 language , I didn’t like Liz then Cos I thought she smiled too much � and I couldn’t concentrate but laugh at her smiling face �

After them nack my 6.5 I paid 46k for remark but “Result remained unchanged” ewww my chest ahh. I wanted to register for another one in that same September but it was too short and I didn’t want to take chances. I registered for October 27 immediately before I left their office. My lazy a$$ didn’t read until 20th of October, reality hit me that I can’t fail this time o. I was to resume a new job, I begged for a month grace and my one month was spent enjoying life and restructuring my new house. I started reading and I visited the ielts thread and saw most people recommended Liz paid video! I mentioned codedplace taya to send me link he say send mail. That was how I left him and resulted to LIZ videos on YouTube, I subscribed for IELTS advantage by Chris Pell. It’s a 5 days course but I took it in 2 days as my exam was already in 3 days time. I went back to the ielts thread the night before my exam and check codedplace profile, his old posts found out he had previously dropped the link. Naso I open am, saw 3 videos of 1 hr plus each. Grim!! My goodness! It’s past 10pm already and I need to sleep. I downloaded the 3 videos and turned off my internet to avoid visiting WhatsApp and Twitter every minute. I was stucked with Liz smiling face for another 3 hours , Took my earpiece and watched the videos till 1am and I slept. I must say, those videos really helped me. I took less water as I went into the exam hall for my paper. The fact that I had to pee in my first attempt and spent 15 minutes been restless before I was allowed to go out was part of what accounted for my poor performance the first time, so I didn’t let it happen again.(lesson, reduce water intake before going to the hall) Result turned out as expected. Glory be to God.

PCC inspector moshood was 4k. I think this was the easiest of all.

Medicals was IOM on 30th January paid 41,400. I had earlier called Qlife to book appointment but they told me the earliest available period was April kilode! Na medicals I wan do, I no kill person. I used google and landed on IOM website. I called to book an appointment then I was asked to send my email. I was booked for the following Wednesday (30th Jan)

POF I uploaded 6 months statement of account with savings.

Work experience
Letter in CIC format, 3 months pay slip and 4 months account statement. I didn’t highlight my salary. I had no idea that was a thing as at then.

Called twice to enquire about VO and if eligibility has started. The last call was 9th of May and was told Eligibility has not been completed. I asked if it was started she responded again “Eligibility has not been completed” if it’s me that don’t understand English or it’s she, I ended the call and swore not to call back till 6 months is passed.

ADR May 11th was for copy of Education degrees. This is when I would say God stood for me. When. I got request letter I jumped out of joy that PPR was here alas it was ADR goosh! I wan slap person. I just said to myself seems this CIC people just want to see my finesse certificates again but unknown to me the fault was from me. I uploaded my passport and captioned it EDUCATION + ECA when I submitted my application. This I only found out when I was to upload the new one, I opened the old one with the intention of seeing what I did wrong to correct it this second grace period. Lo and behold I found my passport all pages inside!!! I uploaded Degrees, IELTS And use Ilovepdf to join my ECA with it. (Lesson here, always double check before uploading)

May 17 about 3am, I found myself awake. I said to myself lemme pray. I checked my work mail like 5 times already a

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by patty827: 10:24am On May 17, 2019
Congratulations @topsmamen, I'm super happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:35am On May 17, 2019
Inloveforever:

Do you think i should contact them because it might be an error?
Honestly? I think you should pack your bags in July and come and be going

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kenon1: 10:37am On May 17, 2019
Congratulations WhizzyG.

quote author=WhizzyG post=78457395]WARNING ⚠ A Very long post ahead, I promised to be very detailed when I submit my script cos other people might learn from it. ⚠

Despite my unfaithfulness, my God is ever faithful!!!. I still can’t believe if this is real �� my goodness!!!

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa
NOC 1111

Journey started August last year, my ex and I broke up 2 months before and I remember seeing one Canadian agent’s cArd in his wallet. I sha snapped it and never bothered about it. He wanted to go to Estonia as he was into IT and hoped to get shengien visa. I did my research on Nairaland too and sent him the link, we both read. My dumb ass really wanted to go with him as per the “LOML” when I knew fully well Estonia was never in my bucket list � after the breakup I realized I wanted Canada or Australia instead of the Estonia I was researching on. I carried myself to Nairaland and read the express entry thread for both countries and c
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadaissure: 10:39am On May 17, 2019
1) kindly highlight the Christian statement in my comment
2) how many times have you read the Quran to be sure I didn't quote it shocked

TWoods:

It’s interesting how christian-sounding Nigerian Muslims have become. You’ve essentially quoted actual bible verses that are not found in the Koran.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Masekid: 10:42am On May 17, 2019
Amen!!! Thanks for the prayer.
Edmontonlad:
Mark my word today, before this month finishes, PPR shall come your way in Jesus name, amen.

Don't loose hope ok.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Masekid: 10:45am On May 17, 2019
A big Amen to that Ma. We shall all testify.

pejuhazel:

No o you're not the only one, I am also December AOR . My fingers are permanently crossed as I have been waiting tirelessly for PPR. By God's grace it'll get to us soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Masekid: 10:52am On May 17, 2019
Thanks Ma, It is just so darn difficult staying focused.
ladymarshall:
Soon! Soon! It's coming. Stay positive

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2019
Omabb:
Greetings everyone. Please has anyone seen or heard of a family of 6 who was given PR.?
even if you are a family of 100. However the requirements cannot be altered. in fact they want your type of family.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boco2126: 10:57am On May 17, 2019
Any sample I can adopt please?
bellexa22:
You can but honestly it doesn't matter you still need the consent letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mrhumandelis: 11:05am On May 17, 2019
it's always a good idea to commence the process wink wink

Your MSc could be enough for you guys (depending on other factors like age, years of work experience, IELTS scores etc) have no fear sha.

Taydex198:
I have MSc and my spouse is School Cert holder for now but she will write IELTS with me. Pls I need advice if it a great idea to commence the process.

Thanks in advance of your advise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ummhalimah: 11:05am On May 17, 2019
WhizzyG:

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa
NOC 1111

On first of May, I made a declaration that my good news was coming this month. It finally came. It has ended in praise! Glory be to God! Thank you Jesus! Alhamdullah for everything!!!

PS I’ve been a very active nairaland user since 2011 but I had to create this dummy profile so that my village people will not trace me on my main account. God bless you all, God bless Seun Osewa for this wonderful platform. God bless God for been God.

Send your dog for the Visa stamping, make them stamp am for that im mouth.

Congratulations may Canada favour you!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by voguemum: 11:45am On May 17, 2019
Hmmm...the way this thread is flying ehn I don't think I can even predict the part I'll announce my PPR shocked Ahnahn just few days away and its a new part and 20 plus pages issokay grin

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ecanes: 12:06pm On May 17, 2019
Dear brothers and sisters on this Canada journey, I need help for a friend.

She applied for her MBA transcript since SEPT 2018 from OOU and till now they are saying they cannot find her file in PG school and therefore cannot generate the transcript....She did the MBA in 2005 and has a notification of result for completing the program. Please this has stalled all plans for her Canada journey.

Any help with a reliable contact that can sort this out ASAP will be greatly appreciated.

Pleaseee don't jump and pass if you can help ooo @sleekchic, @maworld
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by playces: 12:14pm On May 17, 2019
good day guys. really appreciate your effort much on this thread. Pls, I had my BA in 2015. Started working as a teacher shortly after my service in 2016. Along the line I started my MA. I was working while I was running my Masters prog. All things being equal, My Statement of result will be ready this October and I wish to evaluate it immediately (evaluating the highest qualification). However, Pls can i still claim points for 3 years work experience (2016-2019) even though I was working alongside while I was running my masters prog.
Your response are highly appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kraits03: 12:17pm On May 17, 2019
Dear good people of God. Please epp me. I'm about to fill my EE profile but i want to confirm the NOC I chose. I'm using two:

NOC 1112

Monitor Trading Limits.
Review with back office and treasury staff to ensure that the trading systems adequately represent the risk profile of the trading books, and that risk numbers are reported in an accurate and timely manner.
Support in ensuring compliance with Market Risk Policies.
Prepare Daily Market Risk Reports to ALCO members and Treasury department.
Valuate and Analyse trading positions: Treasury bills, FGN Bonds, Foreign Exchange, Eurobond, and any other instrument as pertaining to the trading positions.
Valuate and Analyse Non-trading positions: Available -for-sale and Held-to-Maturity portfolios on Treasury bills, FGN Bonds, etc.
Compute Volatilities and Value-at-Risk.
Carry out maintenance of market rates/prices on Finacle Treasury and Core.
Support strategic responses to market risks embedded in the bank's trading book as disclosed in the reports and other sources of information.

and

NOC 6551

Handle complaints, enquiries and request via the telephone.
First call resolution - handle requests that can resolved immediately e.g. alert set-up.
Generate daily reports.
Log all interactions on the First Contact Service Desk.
Making of outbound calls when necessary.
Provide regular customer product feedback to the supervisor.
Perform customer satisfaction surveys or product campaigns on demand.
Generate and follow up on telemarketing leads.
Prepare regular periodic telemarketing reports in accordance to agreed format and
timing.
Conclude on all telemarketing opportunities. Cross sell the Bank’s products to customers.
Maintain a database of customers and periodically follow up to cross sell First Bank

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stanzee: 12:20pm On May 17, 2019
Ifeoma77:

It will come soon IJN!

Amen Sis

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:25pm On May 17, 2019
Great. Thank for your interest. Check pm smiley

Richness1104:
I am interested in being your assistant @ladymarshall . I am post ITA and would love to contribute immensely to the thread. I await your response on this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 12:25pm On May 17, 2019
Ecanes:

She applied for her MBA transcript since SEPT 2018 from OOU and till now they are saying they cannot find her file in PG school and therefore cannot generate the transcript....She did the MBA in 2005 and has a notification of result for completing the program. Please this has stalled all plans for her Canada journey.

Any help with a reliable contact that can sort this out ASAP will be greatly appreciated.

Pleaseee don't jump and pass if you can help ooo

Your friend should wake up o. The school has no right whatsoever to tell him/her that her file can't be found, having gone through the rigours of studies. Please, write to the school's registry forthwith. They will find your file.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:29pm On May 17, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Thank you for giving back!

You score 6/10.

All the best for you and yours in Canada

akinlad:
It's PPR!!!!
Praise God!!

The GOLDEN MAIL finally landed on May 14th, and I was numb with joy!! Still thanking God for this,

I have always been a silent reader but pledged to God to give back to this thread when I get my PPR as many stories were sources of encouragement to me .
Once again please don't be discouraged, God is forever faithful, He makes ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:32pm On May 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:40pm On May 17, 2019
See o! grin grin I knew you were waiting to lash me if I scored him less. I'm sure some silent readers would have come out of hiding grin grin

Stencil:
Phew! I was waiting for this. grin
Well done Lady M, well done.

danianne:
Was on the look out for his score grin grin
He deserves the badge. Congrats @topsmamen. May canny land favour you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Abiodunnn(f): 12:41pm On May 17, 2019
Congratulations! I enjoyed every bit of your gist. I don't know how and why, your story motivated me a lot. Your timeline is beautiful too.
May Canada bring every fulfillment you yearn for and also give you that boy that will be your flesh of flesh.

WhizzyG:
WARNING ⚠ A Very long post ahead, I promised to be very detailed when I submit my script cos other people might learn from it. ⚠

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa

PS I’ve been a very active nairaland user since 2011 but I had to create this dummy profile so that my village people will not trace me on my main account. God bless you all, God bless Seun Osewa for this wonderful platform. God bless God for been God.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:03pm On May 17, 2019
Congratulations!!! It ended in praise finally.

Thank you for sharing your script. Very elaborate.

God was faithful to you, some applications won't pass R10 completeness stage with the missing degree certificates

Also I'm just imagining the conversation:

"Your passport please?" "My dog ate it." "Excuse me?" *adjusts glasses* "I said, my dog ate it. I don't have it" *strange looks* "I wasn't careless, the dog carelessly ate from an opened bag lying carelessly by itself on the floor" "oh you weren't careless, OK" grin grin grin

You score 9/10

All the best in Canada

WhizzyG:
WARNING ⚠ A Very long post ahead, I promised to be very detailed when I submit my script cos other people might learn from it. ⚠

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa
NOC 1111

On first of May, I made a declaration that my good news was coming this month. It finally came. It has ended in praise! Glory be to God! Thank you Jesus! Alhamdullah for everything!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:15pm On May 17, 2019
grin grin grin

ummhalimah:

Send your dog for the Visa stamping, make them stamp am for that im mouth.

Congratulations may Canada favour you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 1:16pm On May 17, 2019
Congratulations. May canada favour you.
WhizzyG:

Timeline in 2019
ECA 14th Jan
ITA 23rd Jan
AOR 8th Feb
MEP & BIL 22nd March
PPR 16th May
VO Ottawa
NOC 1111

IELTS
So I wrote twice both were MOD
First one was for AUG 18 LRWS - 8, 8, 7.5, 6.5 �
Second was Oct 27 LRWS - 8, 8, 7.5, 7 �
My first IELTS experience, I prepared for a month and used mostly Jay’s video from E2 language , I trate but laugh at her smiling face
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:20pm On May 17, 2019
Yes you can as an FSW outland as long as your work was full time, 40 hours per week. I was working while doing my MA. You will need to attach an LOE to explain time overlaps in your MA and work period under personal history while filling the e-APR form after you get ITA.

playces:
good day guys. really appreciate your effort much on this thread. Pls, I had my BA in 2015. Started working as a teacher shortly after my service in 2016. Along the line I started my MA. I was working while I was running my Masters prog. All things being equal, My Statement of result will be ready this October and I wish to evaluate it immediately (evaluating the highest qualification). However, Pls can i still claim points for 3 years work experience (2016-2019) even though I was working alongside while I was running my masters prog.
Your response are highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:23pm On May 17, 2019
Money has to change hands in this case. If the money is good enough, they will find your file.

Sorry I don't have any helpful contact

Ecanes:

Pleaseee don't jump and pass if you can help ooo @sleekchic, @maworld
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by peterveo(m): 1:27pm On May 17, 2019
Zara01:
Hi, shared my IELTS folder with you, hope it helps.

I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 1:40pm On May 17, 2019
Seniors in the house, I seriously need your counsel as I'm in a terrible dilemma. I am currently in the pool with 447, I have the chance of boosting my score to 450 if I remark and get an upgrade from 7 to 7.5 for ielts writing. I'm however caught in between whether or not to do that. My birthday is February.

Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.