Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2019
missphumby:
Pls does any one know why Wes request for warm? I have issue of dob with my waec and I am thinking of using NECO but I don’t know if the sch made mistake in registering my NECO too.. just wanna know if NECO transcripts displays age or if I can use my GCE instead.
Note: I had 7 credits and 2 Ds in the GCE

NECO doesnt send DoB to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2019
dexla:
Pls house is it possible to pay for private courier to wes to expedite delivery for my verification? Wes updated my status on 3rd june that they've sent copies of my documents through standard mail to unilag for verification.
3rd of July and the school said they haven't received any mail from WES. I called WES yesterday and they claimed it could take 6-8weeks for the mail to get to Nigeria shocked
Unilag has stated that they don't reply e-mails until they get the hardcopy mail from WES. So I'm in a fix now, I've seen people get verified within 3-4weeks. What am I doing differently.....abeg help oo

Yes. You can contact WES on Twitter and explain to them that you want verification to be sent via courier and you are ready to foot the bill.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danieee(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2019
ummhalimah:

Congratulations. May Canada favour you

Amen. Thank you very much. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teechedah: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Please how much did you pay to send OND & HND transcript from Mapoly?
Bubblefairy:
Please a sister urgently needs contact in Mapoly to fast track WES verification. WES has sent verification since 17/06 and no response from school.
Kindly help as this evaluation alone is taking 8months now.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teechedah: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2019
PM so i can give you a contact.
Bubblefairy:
Please a sister urgently needs contact in Mapoly to fast track WES verification. WES has sent verification since 17/06 and no response from school.
Kindly help as this evaluation alone is taking 8months now.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CHIBUMERCY: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2019
BRITISH COMPUTER SOCIETY HAS BOTH ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL COURSES:

Certificate in Information Technology CIT
Diploma in Information Technology DIT
Professional Graduate Diploma PGD

THE AFOREMENTIONED ARE ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION WES RECOGNISED AND EVALUATE THEM and they can be used to claim the additional 34 points.

I know of people who have used it. I did my findings very well before I enrolled

However, below is the list of their professional courses which WES does not recognize or better still no one has used any of their professional courses but.

Below is the list of their BCS professional courses:

Agile

Artificial intelligence (AI)

DevOps

GDPR and data protection

Information security and CCP scheme

IT asset management

IT service management

OpenStack software

Project & programme management, and consultancy

Software testing

Solution development and architecture

User experience (UX)

https://www.bcs.org/get-qualified/certifications-for-professionals/

Abiodunnn:
Well...this was included in one of the mails sent to me by CES. I'm not sure the 'British Computer Society' on this list is the same as our BCS IT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Thanks
bekayy:
I am not sure. you could easily get this by calling them.
Their number is on the website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwabuzorjuliet: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2019
danieee:

Sent you a pm, please check.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DaddyNimo(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2019
pof.... the only hurdle left.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2019
danieee:
So I've been following this thread since Part 2, and in summary my application was approved recently.

Details:
WES 12 March 2018
IELTS L8.5 R8.0 W8.5 S7.5 14 June 2018
EE profile CRS 482, submitted 13 Dec 2018
ITA 19 Dec 2018
AOR 13 Feb
MEP 31 March
BIL 02 April
BIO submitted 04 April
Radio silence
PPR 27th June
PP sent 01 July
Status changed to APPROVED 03 July and COPR letter received in acc

Thanks for all the free information and guides everyone.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2019
kingkhalil:

My wife evaluated with BCIT ICES... Recommended
Those people that'll take 20 weeks to evaluate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dexla(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2019
magd:
Go to unilag registrar office that's were all the mails come through. Find out from them if they have received any mail from Wes, if they have then you need to disturb record office.

I have contacted them, they said they haven't gotten it. Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2019
Congratulations!
This is the first time I'm seeing 8.5 in Writing, it's like gold these days. Did you write with BC or MOD?

danieee:
So I've been following this thread since Part 2, and in summary my application was approved recently.

Details:
WES 12 March 2018
ITA 19 Dec 2018
AOR 13 Feb
MEP 31 March
BIL 02 April
BIO submitted 04 April
Radio silence
PPR 27th June
PP sent 01 July

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dexla(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2019
COPR:

Yes. You can contact WES on Twitter and explain to them that you want verification to be sent via courier and you are ready to foot the bill.

God bless you for this information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 04, 2019
danieee:
Thanks for the good wishes. I'm grateful.

As per IELTS, I used ielstliz dot com and only that. I bought her advanced writing task 2. I didnt buy any other materials. And honestly I didn't even look at the official IELTS materials.

While it is important to focus on practice tests, I was quite busy that period and had just a few days off to prepare. So I did a 2-3 day crash studying of that blog, and focused more on the question types and how they were structured, rather than just doing practice tests.

I also focused on her tips for listening, so as to reduce the mistakes and keep the focus. Then I did about 3 practice tests plus the short practice tests on her blog.

Thankfully, things turned out fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Quite educating.
Thanks a lot. I will need to follow as described. I appreciate.
I will be writing in about a few weeks from now.
Pray for me smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nkydechik: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2019
Hello house,

Please can coren and BEng be evaluates as two or more certificates? If yes, which evaluation body? Thanks

vllar:

Quite educating.
Pray for me smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by galibat(f): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2019
Me too.....I pray for mercy and Favour.
God should bless us and our helpers

DaddyNimo:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ans123: 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2019
Copied. Just thought I should share

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

26 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vousmevoyez(f): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello, I am undergoing my masters program out of Nigeria and will not be done until 2021.
I am coming to Nigeria n getting married in Jan 2020 and my husband and I will start the PR application right away but I will return for my studies.
He will be the PR and if we get PPR at the end of 2020, can I go to Canada after getting PPR just to formalize my entry and stuff and return back to my studies out of Canada and then finally come to permanently settle in Canada when I'm done with my studies in August 2021? (my husband will be in Canada all through)

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danieee(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
Zara01:
Congratulations!
This is the first time I'm seeing 8.5 in Writing, it's like gold these days. Did you write with BC or MOD?

Thank you very much. I wrote with British council.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danieee(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
vllar:

Quite educating.
Pray for me smiley

Good luck pal cool. Just to add, as per IELTS Writing, just learn the structure (intro, body paragraph 1, 2, etc.), the expected (commonly used) phrases/keywords for the different essay types as Liz explains, and other notes like word count etc. and you should be fine.

Wish you all the best.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ladykeigh: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
DaddyNimo:

God in His Infinite mercy will do it for you. He helped you right up till now, rest assured, He's still with you.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Of course. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Just do your soft landing before the expiry of your medicals. You can always join him later.

Your hubby can start with the ECA and IELTS now ... he doesn't have to wait for your marriage to start those. You can also do IELTS and ECA for your Bachelor's to contribute points. The ECA especially can take months. ICES is now 20 weeks. WES is shorter but they have WAEC and verification wahala.

If you still want to wait till after the wedding to jump into the pool, no problem. But at least both of you would have sorted out ECAs and IELTS.

Vousmevoyez:
Hello, I am undergoing my masters program out of Nigeria and will not be done until 2021.
I am coming to Nigeria n getting married in Jan 2020 and my husband and I will start the PR application right away but I will return for my studies.
He will be the PR and if we get PPR at the end of 2020, can I go to Canada after getting PPR just to formalize my entry and stuff and return back to my studies out of Canada and then finally come to permanently settle in Canada when I'm done with my studies in August 2021? (my husband will be in Canada all through)

Thanks for your anticipated response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
Congratulations to @danieee and @MaloryTowers on their CoPRs.

May you prosper in your new home.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meoos: 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2019
deleted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danieee(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
joo2018:

Congratulations to @danieee and @MaloryTowers on their CoPRs.

May you prosper in your new home.

Amen. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by danieee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Meoos:
please i need the Liz paid IELTS material too

flosteve.fs@gmail.com

thank you Danieee

No spamming the thread pls, my bad. Kindly delete your post, a direct pm would do it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by captainhoo: 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
MsJanez01:

Please is this BC or MOD
Both
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vousmevoyez(f): 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2019
Thank you so much for your very helpful response!

amaya21:
Of course. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Just do your soft landing before the expiry of your medicals. You can always join him later.

Your hubby can start with the ECA and IELTS now ... he doesn't have to wait for your marriage to start those. You can also do IELTS and ECA for your Bachelor's to contribute points. The ECA especially can take months. ICES is now 20 weeks. WES is shorter but they have WAEC and verification wahala.

If you still want to wait till after the wedding to jump into the pool, no problem. But at least both of you would have sorted out ECAs and IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meoos: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2019
Congrats Danieee!!

Bros, you are MEN!!!
See IELTS scores, clean something!!
So happy for you Bro.

Please send me the materials you used.

Congrats again and again.

danieee:

Details:
WES 12 March 2018
ITA 19 Dec 2018
AOR 13 Feb
MEP 31 March
BIL 02 April
BIO submitted 04 April
Radio silence
PPR 27th June
PP sent 01 July

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
You are the MVP.

Jaybye:
Hello to everyone in the house. I've been a silent reader all the while just because I had to scroll through all the threads from Part 1 to the current thread. This is to avoid asking questions you gurus have taken time to address in the past.

I really appreciate you all. I heard about this CAN PR thing last year. I simulated my score at the time and it wasn't encouraging. And after I checked how much the POF for a family of four would be, coupled with the facts that age was really no more on my side and more so, I was yet to know of the existence of a goldmine in these threads, I gave up (that last year)!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.