Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047246 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
lewoxxy:

On proof of fund being locked when you submit your request. I do not think that is true. I know someone that got ADR for POF when the rates moved against him.
Having funds in dollar acct is fine. Note however that it cannot be fixed as investment if it is paid in as cash. Only direct inflows from swift can be fixed as investment.
As per transferring money from your acct to your Dads acct so you can get it transferred to you is good. It would mean you do not need to upload statements from that acct.
It is advisable to provide statement of acct showing salary inflows. It serves as additional verification for your source of fund. Though some people do not and they don't have issues. I don't like taking chances with VOs.
You do not need to provide your pension statement of you are not using it for POF. I do not understand why you are not using it though.
It is better to open and use a USD acct than a CAD. I say this cos the black market exchange rate for CAD is a bit funny.
As per attaching statement of acct in addition to investment certificate. Yes. It's a good idea.
My 2 cents to you and Walecanada.
So you mean one can use pension account for POF? If so, that’s new
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zinger19: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
obviously:
Good morning my fellow canadians.
I have my eca and ielts results now, so I want to enter pool with crs score 457. I pray ITA fall on me this next draw.
But I am a lil confused now cos hubby had a son in uni with his girlfriend. The son is with the mother in another country who is in another country. He does not have full access to the boy as the mother prevents the relationship. We dont know if we should include the boy in the application as he is unsure the mother will allow him do medicals.
I have a similar situation, I simply left the boy out. I believe things will sort itself out in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iyalla2: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=Avidreader748 post=80363483]

Yes it does require waec. For every certification gotten from any institution or body in Nigeria, you must submit a final transcript of your secondary school.

Thank you very much. This answer will help and go along way to guide someone who is still in doubt on what to do When choosing WES as their evaluation body. Now I will let go of my 30k plus for WAEC its not easy but for CADI WAKA it worth every penny.
Well done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zinger19: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bazbaby:

send an email, i experienced same iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
not new. 25% of pensions balance can be used

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mobenjackson(m): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:

Yes you can use 25% part of your pension funds which by Nigerian law is accessible to you when the need arises for it... And by the way it's not new... Just take your time to read page 1 wella... Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tiemua: 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ook so did you get a nomination with that please? Just want to be double sure
jadief:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hi. We used NPC attestation for my spouse and I. Then normal birth certificates for the kids.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iyke3g(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
Dinma27:
If you wish yo writeBCS by September, you can self study and need the materials and past questions, you can send me a pm.

You can check my profile for my number too.

Remember registration ends this month
Hi, I tried sending you a pm. How can i get the materials?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by LecturerIFE: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
AOR Feb 18, 2019
PPR 15 July, 2019

For someone who benefited immensely from reading other people's detailed PPR stories, I'd be back with the detailed gist.

Desicion to travel
I have always been about not starting a family in this country as I do not see what the future holds for those that do not belong to the political class. I realized I have to give my future kids the opportunities that come with growing up in a sane environment. Knowing that I can, they may not forgive me if I fail to give them the opportunity to live abroad. I mean, my parents strived so hard to give me the opportunities they never had, I shouldn't do less for my future kids. To my unborn kids, I hope I can look back to this day with so much joy and fulfilment.
So, on 3rd August 2018, I felt the time was ripe to begin the journey.

Pre ITA

ECA: I used WES - Two or more Certificates. I initially wanted to evaluate my BSc (3 years) and ATS. Discussed with some people around me, I was told misinformed that WES would not give me the desired evaluation if I don't have an OND. Since I didn't know otherwise, and I have an OND, I removed ATS and added OND. About the time I created my account, WES had just introduced Secondary education as a requirement. Getting the BSc transcript was straightforward as my school uses Etx. Verification took some time though. For secondary education, I used NECO. I documented the steps here as I was part of the first set of people that evaluated NECO. I think result confirmation is now 5k... I paid 1k then. Verification dragged for weeks as there appeared to be a lack of understanding on what was required. Eventually, WES introduced the use of scratch card for verification. For my OND, getting the transcript was very fast, but WES "rejected" my SoR because it has course grades. Requested for my certificate from the school which I then sent to WES. I documented my struggles here and here. This delayed my ECA for about 3 months.
To the misinformation I mentioned earlier. When my OND evaluation was taking too long, I reached out to a friend to vent my anger. I was shocked when he told me WES evaluated his BSc (3 years) and ATS as two or more certs. Other friends also got similar evaluation. Let me state that we all used ATS to get direct entry into the university.
My point here is, WES evaluates BSc (either 3 years or 4 years) with OND/ATS as two or more certs.

IELTS
Sigh! It was a struggle. My first test was a missed opportunity to have passed IELTS once. Does it matter today? No. My approach to Writing clearly wasn't good. I never for once practised any essay or letter writing. Why? I find it difficult to come up with ideas during practice tests. I struggled with listening because of map questions. After I saw my 3rd IELTS result on Dec 28th, I noticed an arithmetic progression in my listening test results... 7.5,7,6.5. Prior to my 4th and final IELTS, there had been map questions in the other three. I did some trend analysis with the six tests conducted between October to December, and on the basis I assumed there wouldn't be listening map questions in the first test in January. Not to be dampened by past failures (eyes on the prize) and the little time between Dec 28th and Jan 5th to prepare, I quickly registered with MOD. Luck smiled on me, the listening test had no map questions. Reading went well. Hmmm, Writing was something else as I didn't complete the conclusion paragraph. I had my speaking test same day and it went well. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the result, LRWS 8.5,8,7,8. An unreligious me started singing praises… to God be the Glory. With CRS standing at 460, I received ITA on Jan 23rd.

POST ITA

Medicals: Upon getting ITA, I mailed both Qlife and IOM. Decided to go with IOM because they gave me a shorter time frame.

PCC: Inspector Moshood came through. I gave him 5k though he asked for 7k… told him that was the amount I saw on Nairaland. tongue

POF: God came through for me. POF was a gift deed of N3m from my sister. I think I got away with something here, or maybe it never mattered. By virtue of my workplace, I requested for a T-bill run for the day from my colleague in Treasury, saw the market rates and decided to buy a 9-month T-bill. The face value of my investment went up to N3.36m from N3m. Why did I do this? I needed the interest to shore up my POF. I know people here always caution against doing investments that mature after 6 months, but I did it anyway. Got Stanbic Pension to write a reference letter that I can access 25% of my pension balance. I also got a letter from the bank in CIC format, stating my 6-month average account balance and the T-bill investment. Prepared a gift deed which I notarized. I wrote an LOE with a breakdown of the POF using the exchange rate on XE for the day and a screenshot from Xe.com. So I submitted the LOE, Bank’s reference letter, Pension’s reference letter, T-bill certificate and gift deed.
Sidebar, I am requesting for a new GCMS notes. I am interested in the observations of the case officer/analyst on my POF. If I see anything untoward, even though it matters little, I’d be here to share it.

Work Experience: Researched job adverts for my role online to see the job responsibilities. Compared the functions with what I do and made some modifications to my job functions. I sent this to my manager for approval and forwarded same to HR to prepare the reference letter. In addition to the work reference letter, I included employment letter, confirmation letter and 6 months pay slips.
For application submission, I paid using sterling bank card as the bank offered the cheapest rate at the time. I still think their rate remains the cheapest. I naturally don’t like filling forms, so despite that I have a US visa refusal, I didn’t fill Schedule A. AOR Feb 18.

POST AOR

Medical passed and biometrics given in April.
Raised a CSE to include details of membership of professional bodies
Raised a CSE to find out about my visa office and followed up with a call. Visa office was Ottawa.
Requested for GCMS notes on June 10, notes generated June 12 and received July 11. Criminality passed, Info sharing in progress, Eligibility and Security not started. I felt frustrated with the slow pace of my application and at different times I thought of withdrawing my application (yinmu undecided). Discussed the notes content with a colleague who consoled me that a lot could have happened between when the Notes was generated and now. Well, it turned out to be the case as I got a ghost update on Saturday morning. The palpitations on seeing the update no be here. I became so restless and super excited at the same time. Fast forward to Monday, I quickly subscribed to Skype so I could call CIC. Got through in the evening after a few tries, the call rep mentioned that my application was approved on Friday and she said her congratulations. Got the golden mail on Monday night… it has ended started in praise.

I dedicate this PPR to everyone who has shared their timeline here. To the guys who continually update Page 1 with links, from previous threads to this, you all deserve an accolade. I once asked Joo2018 (God bless you bro) a question on using only T-bill certificate for POF, he answered my question but also referred me to read people’s PPR timelines. That was the eye opener for me as I read every single PPR timeline shared on NL prior to my AOR. So much knowledge hidden in those timelines. Passport submitted on Monday, thanks to the guide on Page 1.

I pray we all find favour in our application.

I will be back with another timeline…

70 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
jjohndoe83:

I get your point. However, note that the VO did not reject his ECA result, which should be the outcome of using the wrong evaluating body. The recalculation naturally suggests that they recognised his ECA for what it is and could only modify his point to match what his ECA suggested.
I see what you're saying. Well, I shall see how it goes smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Thaiy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ifakiland:

Weds you study previous draws or not, nobody has absolute idea how they operate their system, so stop feeling like express entry professor and get lost.

You’re been rude you know, this people share their ideas and experiences from findings, so people can be guided and take cues, you don’t have an iota if idea about this, and you’re being cocky and disrespectful. Grow up! Oo mo jack!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
LecturerIFE:
AOR Feb 18, 2019
PPR 15 July, 2019

For someone who benefited immensely from reading other people's detailed PPR stories, I'd be back with the detailed gist.
congrats my man. lipsrsealed even though you changed moniker we can recognize your hand writing tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 8:56pm On Jul 17, 2019
Someone here is closely related to someone on the sister thread. Don't ask me how I got to know. Just check their comments. grin wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
Detective! wink

Adunnee:
Someone here is closely related to someone on the sister thread. Don't ask me how I got to know. Just check their comments. grin wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tolorxy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
Please I need a candid advise:
Is it advisable to pursue my Canadian Express Entry alone and later move my family over after few years due to some personal reasons which I can't control.
NB: I am 32yrs, married with 2 kids, my CRS point alone without family is 462. My CRS score with family has no really significant increase though....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bekecons:
Yes i do Sir.

Mamaroon:

I was assuming you don't have the 30 points from French as second language yet....but I may be wrong

On your EE profile, you'll see a summary: Score Breakdown, like the screenshot below. Do you have 30 points in that last line below CRS for being bilingual?

So my analysis was wrong. Hope you are able to create a new profile and Ontario French Speakers' nomination finds you sharpish....all the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Pls Is there anyone that’s good in ielts writing that can coach me? I really need the help now as the people I am working with are not really forthcoming
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
ayandee:
Elders in the house, for ECA if someone has an MBA and a HND in accounting, which of the qualifications Will she evaluate? She has worked only as an accountant since graduation.
MBA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys. Long time. Still awaiting PPR but I want to ask. When someone gets PPR and he is to go to the vfs office for submission, can he pay or arrange for the passport (after being stamped) to be couriered back to him instead of going to the VFs office again to collect the passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
Hey guys. Long time. Still awaiting PPR but I want to ask. When someone gets PPR and he is to go to the visa office for submission, can he pay or arrange for the passport (after being stamped) to be couriered back to him instead of going to the VO again to collect the passport?

Sure. Return courier delivery costs 10,120 naira. See the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
Topsmamen:

Sure. Return courier delivery costs 10,120 naira. See the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/Service_and_Service_Charge.html
So I suppose one can pay at the counter there at the Vfs office.

*Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
@Avidreader748, you've got mail smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Aigbemare(f): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
Please can one get police certificate for another person that's out of Lagos? I'm going to do mine soon and I want to help my friend in Abuja with hers. Is it possible? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Blessfem: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kindly advise, my simulated crs is 460 as single applicant but I haven't entered the pool cos I am waiting for court wedding with my fiance and waiting for her to write ielts. However, today I stumbled on an info that I better dive into the pool and then add her post ita and after court wedding--in a month. Are my being misled. Please help me on what to do or refer me to a related posts that can help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

So I suppose one can pay at the counter there at the Vfs office.

*Thanks

Yes boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
From previous posts I've read, Yes. You have to go there with their documents though... fingerprints etc.

Aigbemare:
Please can one get police certificate for another person that's out of Lagos? I'm going to do mine soon and I want to help my friend in Abuja with hers. Is it possible? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jadief: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Tiemua:
Ook so did you get a nomination with that please? Just want to be double sure

Still awaiting nomination
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
I'm happy for you. Hope to give my testimony soon too

LecturerIFE:
AOR Feb 18, 2019
PPR 15 July, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TitiLope2: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ladykeigh:

No, I don't, I decided to forego that option. I registered with CES instead of WES. That's going to take the need for IJMB out of the equation.

@Ladykeigh Thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etyno: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
You should enter the pool immediately. You could get an ITA this next draw. If you are lucky to, you can add her post ITA, but if you are unable to get ITA before your wedding date, you will need to add her and let her write IELTS and ECA for maximum points. God's blessings
Blessfem:
Kindly advise, my simulated crs is 460 as single applicant but I haven't entered the pool cos I am waiting for court wedding with my fiance and waiting for her to write ielts. However, today I stumbled on an info that I better dive into the pool and then add her post ita and after court wedding--in a month. Are my being misled. Please help me on what to do or refer me to a related posts that can help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etyno: 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
You can also visit page1, all you need is there. God's blessings
Blessfem:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
ladymarshall:
That must be @topsmamen twin brother's monika you pmed. I doubt it's active grin grin

Loool

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.