Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052624 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stanzee: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2019
stanzee:
It’s PPR guys!!! After 10 months and 4 days! The email finally dropped last night! Thank You Jesus!!! Way maker!!

Good Morning everyone! Happy Independence my people.

It’s COPR. So I’m sorry it took so long to write this but the truth is, I had written my ppr story since March and deleted when It didn’t come when I expected.

God Did it!!
I almost thought this day will never come!! Yaweh, My Covenant keeping God, Thank you!!!

Ielts: LRSW - 8.5,7,7.5,7
Crs- 475
AOR- 31st October 2018
MEP/ Biometrics- 31st November 2018
VO- Ottawa
Long Silence....
Re Medicals mail - 24th August 2019
Mep- 31st August 2019.
Ppr- 4th September
Passport received- 25th September
No single Adrs

So I’m a lawyer, with 4 years work experience, at the time of applying it was just over 3 years, My first work experience, I was paid cash cos it was my NYSC ppa, but I stayed there for some months after NYSC.. I did a LOE stating that I was paid by cash. Meanwhile, I used Wes for my evaluation but I evaluated my Llb & Law school degree & I chose masters when filling my application.

So in March I ordered GCMS notes & I realized Eligibility was met since December & the due date to finalize my application was February 19th. I ordered another one in May, nothing changed.. Everything looked exactly the same.. I just gave up and continued my life.

I found this forum like 3 months post Aor, but I’m grateful for it cos it helped me during my waiting period and calmed my anxieties. Thank you everyone, I pray everyone gets a speedy processing.

I’m grateful to God, My Incredible God, my God that has never ever failed me.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2019
Hahahahaha....nicely packaged ban angry

@favouredhands...I was in the same boat...I did not need to ask anyone...I just jejely declined. Pls do not try to cut corners...it is well.

Tina26:
how many people in saskatchewan have your surname Family ties is beyond surname. I know you will still go ahead to play games. Kindly update us of you future ban too. A trial will convince you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2019
You gave up on yourself when God has not given up on you. Congratulations to you...Enjoy your new home.

stanzee:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by drail400(m): 7:50am On Oct 01, 2019
stanzee:

It’s COPR. So I’m sorry it took so long to write this but the truth is, I had written my ppr story since March and deleted when It didn’t come when I expected.

God Did it!!
I almost thought this day will never come!! Yaweh, My Covenant keeping God, Thank you!!!

Ielts: LRSW - 8.5,7,7.5,7
Crs- 475
AOR- 31st October 2018
MEP/ Biometrics- 31st November 2018
VO- Ottawa
Long Silence....
Re Medicals mail - 24th August 2019
Mep- 31st August 2019.
Ppr- 4th September
Passport received- 25th September
No single Adrs

So I’m a lawyer, with 4 years work experience, at the time of applying it was just over 3 years, My first work experience, I was paid cash cos it was my NYSC ppa, but I stayed there for some months after NYSC.. I did a LOE stating that I was paid by cash. Meanwhile, I used Wes for my evaluation but I evaluated my Llb & Law school degree & I chose masters when filling my application.

So in March I ordered GCMS notes & I realized Eligibility was met since December & the due date to finalize my application was February 19th. I ordered another one in May, nothing changed.. Everything looked exactly the same.. I just gave up and continued my life.

I found this forum like 3 months post Aor, but I’m grateful for it cos it helped me during my waiting period and calmed my anxieties. Thank you everyone, I pray everyone gets a speedy processing.

Wow, the process does take a while. I can imagine the anxiety you felt.
I submitted my profile today, gotten my AOR.
My wait begins today

congratulations

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by drail400(m): 8:04am On Oct 01, 2019
jancollins:
Hi Guys..
Good Morning and Happy Independence Day.

Pls I need help on best place to do medicals at the moment. I'm aware people always say IOM is better compared to QLife, although it's about 5k more expensive than Qlife.
Pls I wont mind any recent experience with Qlife nd IOM.
I want to book for medicals

Tnks in Anticipation.

My first appointment was with Q-life. However, I was 5mins late, so they didnt attend to me. I was given a new appointment, but the date was too far.
So, I booked one with IOM, they gave me a closer date.
My appointment was 9.30. This time i got there 30mins earlier, I didnt want a repeat of what happened in Qlife. I didnt finish till 4.20 therebout

The difference is about 10000 not 5000
IOM serves more customers than qlife, so there service might be slower. However, IOM is more flexible, and they also sent my medical report upon request

If you re able to get an early appointment, i'd suggest you go with qlife

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 8:27am On Oct 01, 2019
iaatmguy:
bahdttt guy grin grin grin grin grin
you are in the spirit
grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jancollins: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2019
Thank you very much.
Your advice is Qlife.

Guess IOM now have more people patronize them.
Pls guys I wont mind more experience shared.

Tnks

drail400:

My first appointment was with Q-life. However, I was 5mins late, so they didnt attend to me. I was given a new appointment, but the date was too far.
So, I booked one with IOM, they gave me a closer date.
My appointment was 9.30. This time i got there 30mins earlier, I didnt want a repeat of what happened in Qlife. I didnt finish till 4.20 therebout

The difference is about 10000 not 5000
IOM serves more customers than qlife, so there service might be slower. However, IOM is more flexible, and they also sent my medical report upon request

If you re able to get an early appointment, i'd suggest you go with qlife
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2019
Hello, do you guys have any tips for me on speaking, I need to get an 8.Thank you
I have taken the LRW already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2019
jancollins:
Thank you very much.
Your advice is Qlife.

Tnks

i booked both qlife gave me july 4. Iom gave june 16. Even though i work near qlife i went for iom. Got there 6.30 am. Left at 10 am

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PLSHELEP: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2019
jancollins:
Thank you very much.
Your advice is Qlife.

Tnks

Mine was with IOM. Got ITA and tried booking at both, IOM had a sooner appointment date, Qlife was a week later.

Got 7:30am appointment for IOM, got there on time. Started at about 8:30 finished at 1pm. There are about 5 tests to complete on the day, you’ll be advised to book your space in one and go complete another one if the queue is long, which is what I met at the X-ray section.

Upon completion, I got a text message 4 days later that the result for my medical assessment has been sent to IRCC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2019
Kendrix69:
Hello, do you guys have any tips for me on speaking, I need to get an 8.Thank you
I have taken the LRW already.
Be confident. See it as a ordinary discussion between you and a harmless stranger. For the short response sections (Sections 1 and 3), listen carefully to the questions. There will be some long questions to throw you off balance by the way they are asked; don’t assume you heard the questions well if you have doubts about what you heard. In this case, politely ask the examiner, ‘Can you come again?’. This exam is ‘Speaking’, not Listening. So, you are given some leniency if you don’t listen well. Therefore, take advantage of this, and tell the examiner to please repeat any question you did not understand. Also, you can use this to bide more time to prepare your answer in your mind. But don’t do this too much; only ask the examiner to repeat questions not more than twice in the whole exam.
For the long talk(Session 2), you have to continuously talk until the end of the 2 minutes. You don’t want to rush and answer the three points of the question presented to you so fast or else you and the examiner will stir at each other for the rest of the 2 minutes. So, take your time. Beat around the bush, first, to use up some time. You may even need to narrate some ‘unnecessary information’ in your story, for example like how you woke up in the morning at 4 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. or how you brushed your teeth with your left hand for a try instead of using your right hand. wink Lol. All these are to while away some time. But please, be smart to make sure you still answer the three bullet points of the question before the time runs out.
Please maintain a very formal attitude. Do not be too friendly or smile unnecessarily; examiners, especially Nigerian ones, may interpret this to mean you are not confident and that you are trying to plead for their generosity with your smiles. Instead, show confidence and show some mild form of pomposity.
I wish you the best.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
stanzee:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Babyibi: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy independence people...
Can we use BCS foundation in Business Analysis to get points in the 2 or more certificates or it has to be BCS certification in IT?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2019
If we no get that independence, we for be like South Africa by now. And maybe we wouldn't all be rushing to get out. Hiss.

Babyibi:
Can we use BCS foundation in Business Analysis to get points in the 2 or more certificates or it has to be BCS certification in IT?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rotile247(m): 10:23am On Oct 01, 2019
Shybae:

Anyone please?

Yes, it's correct. WES no longer require SSCE (WAEC/NECO) as a prerequisite for ECA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chybaz: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2019
Unilag two months transcript not sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chubby89: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2019
Codyella:

It works! I said a prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino for my IELTS and I scored 8.5, 8.0, 8.0, 6.5 for RLSW. Although, I'm applying for EOR for W. Even if you're not a Catholic, pray to St. Joseph of Cupertino with faith. He will help you with your studies.

thanks for sharing. I also scored 6.5 in writing and have applied for remark. I'll say the prayer to St Joseph of Cupertino. I really need a miracle with this IELTS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2019
ShoeShineGuy:
You just won't let go, after many have confirmed it here. Pls take a read and decide whether to believe it or not.

It should be obvious to you that I haven't seen that before. If you don't have anything nice to say, stay of my comments Pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2019
rotile247:

Yes, it's correct. WES no longer require SSCE (WAEC/NECO) as a prerequisite for ECA
Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Asetime: 10:59am On Oct 01, 2019
chybaz:
Unilag two months transcript not sent
Try sending someone over there. I heard they attend to people on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2019
chubby89:

thanks for sharing. I also scored 6.5 in writing and have applied for remark. I'll say the prayer to St Joseph of Cupertino. I really need a miracle with this IELTS.
so we will still carry this prayer magic mentality to canada . Lmao

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WaleCanada: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2019
ladymarshall:
Congrats. I remembered that post. Wish you speedy PPR

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2019
JESUS!!! LMAO
Suspectzero:
If we no get that independence, we for be like South Africa by now. And maybe we wouldn't all be rushing to get out. Hiss.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PLSHELEP: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2019
Please does anyone have a link to a May AOR WhatsApp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by vicnoshon: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2019
Hi John,

Please accept my email request, I need info as regards IELTS coaching.

Thanks

johnnybravo1990:

Congrats dear. I remember those 3 days of our coaching. smiley It was a marathon and a rush program which I normally do not accept to do a because of the stress involved. I like to touch on all areas of IELTS writing. It was really draining on me because of the multiple reviews and calls we did everyday, but I am so glad our efforts paid off. Congrats on your future ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Babyibi: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2019
Suspectzero:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Babyibi: 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Babyibi:
Answers anyone??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Be confident. See it as a normal discussion between you and a harmless stranger. For the short response sections (Sections 1 and 3), listen carefully to the questions. There will be some long questions to throw you off balance the way they are asked; don’t assume you heard the questions well if you have doubts about what you heard. In this case, politely ask the examiner, ‘Can you come again?’. This exam is ‘Speaking’, not Listening. So you are given some leniency if you don’t listen well. Therefore, take advantage of this, and tell the examiner to please repeat any question you did not understand. Also, you can use this to bide more time to prepare your answer in your mind. But don’t do this too much; only ask the examiner to repeat questions not more than twice in the whole exam.
For the long talk(Session 2), you have to continuously talk until the end of the 2 minutes. You don’t want to rush and answer the three points of the question presented to you so fast or else you and the examiner will stir at each other for the rest of the 2 minutes. So, take your time. Beat around the bush first, to use up some time. You may even need to narrate some ‘unnecessary information’, for example, like how you woke up in the morning in the story at 4 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. or how you brushed your teeth with your left hand for a try instead of using your right hand. wink Lol. All these are to whirl away some time. But please, be smart to make sure you still answer the three bullet points of the question before the time runs out.
Please keep a formal disposition. Do not be too friendly or smile unnecessarily; examiners, especially Nigerian ones, may interpret this to mean you are not confident and that you are trying to plead for their generosity with your smiles. Instead, show confidence and show some mild form of pomposity.
I wish you the best.
lol, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stunning4real: 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Tina26:
so we will still carry this prayer magic mentality to canada . Lmao
I swear. Lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by khemorah: 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hi, does anybody know about Institute of commercial management UK diplomas
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tavict: 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello everyone, please do anybody knows how to apply for advanced diploma HRDC at Unilag in order to add up to my first degree and when can I apply pls... I tried to go through the site but not getting it right?.. kindly help pls and also i have a certification in Data Science can I use that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.