Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. (817 Views)

Many Ladies Are Lonely In Europe / Ladies Who Don't Want Sex Should Stay Off Romantic Affairs. / Reasons Many Ladies End Up Marrying The Wrong Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by JejeNaija(m): 11:36pm On May 14, 2019
This topic is quite complicated so I decided to talk about it. Please don't get me wrong, there are guys who don't drink and smoke quite already especially the smoking aspect, but as for drinking I hail those guys that don't.
However the point here is that many girls keep saying they don't want or like guys that drink and smoke but many are dating such guys without knowing because I have seen alot of guys smoking and drinking and then buy all sorts of stuffs to cover up so their partner doesn't know this. When I see these things I just laugh because I don't know who to say is foolish among them, either the girl that doesn't know at all or the guy that feels he forming smart when maybe the girl knows but he will lie all the lie on one of his friends head.

I am use to this and I would tell you guys a short funny story. Then when I was a chain smoker (cigarette not weed), I have had these friends we hangout together to drink and smoke. I was single but they had girlfriends and non of their girlfriends knew they smoke, but they knew they drink. Actually their girlfriends think they just drink little like one or highest two bottles of beer but these guys can drink for Africa. The only good thing is that we hardly get to that point we are so drunk and messed up so their girlfriends see them as light drinkers that one or two bottles can shark. So now I was the one that the girls looked at as the evil friend among us just because I smoke and I drink like there is no time. I can't be forming for people's girlfriend. Whenever they mistakenly smell of cigarette the whole blame is on me but it's allowed.
I kept telling them that though I smoke and drink, I won't date a girl that does same or support such because I want a good girl, but the truth is that I won't hide what I do from my girlfriend when I find one. They said it will be hard and that's why they hide it from their girls because they love their girls.
Fast-forward sha I finally found one nice girl then, this girl was a nice good girl that loved her books and church activities. We were all in school then she, so you know how school life is. When I told my friends that she this is the girl I wanted go date, they all doubted that it's impossible for that girl to ever accept a guy like me that smoke and drink because the girl is so disciplined to the point that I was scared of embarrassing myself but I still kept the faith and hitting her hard about dating her. Finally she agreed.
Sincerely I didn't hide my smoking from her because when I took her out most times I will drink my beer normal but I will excuse her and go somewhere she can't See me to smoke. When I come back she gets upset that I went to smoke because am obviously stinking of cigarette and I tell her yes I did but I just don't like smoking in front of her. Well I guess I did alot more romantic things that made her happy and comfortable with me than just cigarette to spoil everything.
So I remember the first day my girlfriend and I decided to hangout with my friends and their girlfriends, I could tell that they all looked at me like because of this my girl I can never smoke that day. But they got the shock of their lives and even me got the shock of my life as well. As I wanted to stand up and excuse myself as usual, my girlfriend held me and instantly said she knows am going to smoke but hey am not going to leave her on that table of any reason so I better sit my ass down there and smoke my cigarette that it's fine by her. Everyone was shocked including myself so I obeyed her and everything just became more fun for me while my guys were dying inside them to have one stick. Afterwards we had a really wonderful relationship that lasted a really long time until I had the opportunity to leave the country and she also had the opportunity to leave to another country as well. But the truth was that even when she allowed me smoke, she is still one of the major people I can say today helped me stop smoking.

Well that being said, I just used that story as an example because up till date I see alot of guys not just friends and business partners but other random people I happen to meet who still do these things and hide it from not just their girlfriends now, but wives for crying out loud. When I try to talk to them about it I got to find out that it's almost the same reason all the time, how their partner is so good and don't like guys that smoke and drink so they have to hide it so they don't loose their partners.

You can imagine how many ladies out there are living the the mentality of I don't like guys that drink and smoke, my boyfriend or husband can never try that, but however they are doing it and keeping you in a web of lies.

Love a guy for who he is and if he does such you can encourage him to stop. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by GraGra247(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2019
How many guys have you seen doing such. Maximum would be 100 by my guess. Does it mean a million others do the same thing.

You cannot hide smoking and alcohol in a ten year marriage except the woman is totally dumb.

This your blanket conclusion is heavily flawed.
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by babyfaceafrica: 5:18am On May 15, 2019
hmmm
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Kalapizim(m): 6:33am On May 15, 2019
I dont smoke or drink so what's your point ?
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Nobody: 6:42am On May 15, 2019
Ladies that does not want guys that drinks smokes, it is their choice and everybody has right to choose.
You can't force them to start dating smokers and drinkers, some ladies might not mind while some would, so it's all about choices.
Because you smoke or drink, there are lots of disciplined guys who have not tasted cigarette, and don't drink excessively .

2 Likes

Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 15, 2019
My girlfriend thinks I stopped drinking and smoking months ago grin grin grin

So I don't drink when I'm with her or when she has told me she's coming
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by JejeNaija(m): 7:30am On May 15, 2019
yourFEARS:

This is what I am saying. Why are you hiding it from her? And if she eventually finds out what next?
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 15, 2019
Smoking or drinking is definitely not the criteria for dating as far as real human beings are concerned. Some girls may put it on their profiles but in reality, it's much different.
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Nobody: 7:36am On May 15, 2019
JejeNaija:

This is what I am saying. Why are you hiding it from her? And if she eventually finds out what next?

Truth is, you can't meet a lady and dumb your old habits in three months.. it's not possible
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by Nobody: 9:25am On May 15, 2019
yourFEARS:

There is no point hiding it from her.
What ever you do...do it responsibly.
Re: Many Ladies Who Don't Like Guys That Drink And Smoke Are Dating Lairs. by JejeNaija(m): 9:27am On May 15, 2019
morningstar55:

There is no point hiding it from her.
What ever you do...do it responsibly.

Exactly, you are damn so right.

(1) (Reply)

How To Love Your Guy Better / Bbnaija: It Seems Seyi Is Dating Tacha / Five Easy Best Way To Have Sex With Ugly Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.