Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,379 members, 7,846,611 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Utomi Joins Presidential Race - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Utomi Joins Presidential Race (3456 Views)

2015: Yerima Joins Presidential Race / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / Ovation Publisher, Dele Momodu Joins Presidential Race! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2010
Chyz @ Monkeyleg

Do you guys honestly believe that creating more states is in anybody's interest?
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
The truth is that Pat Utomi can't win an election in Nigeria whether it is free and fair or not. Nevertheless i'll vote for him.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Afam4eva(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2010
mikeansy:

Chyz @ Monkeyleg

Do you guys honestly believe that creating more states is in anybody's interest?

It is in the ineterest of the people who are from that state. They have more opportunities etc. But it's not realy needed.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by chyz(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Chyz,

They are likely to go SE. I will try my best to see PU. He is a good man, with good ideas, but even I am begining to feel tired of the whole struggle. Its as if Nigerians are not ready to face up to the real challenges that face us. The truth is that corruption and mismanagement will continue to win in tha country. I have honestly given up hope of seeing change in my generation, maybe our kids might stand a better chance.

Cant give up that quick, If GEJ defeats these old timers you know that there is more than room for change. There are people in the US like me who are going to these events with these politicians and making it happen so ur not alone. Just wen u meet up with pat utomi drop him off some deep knowledge but the most important one to stay in contact with are the ones that come with him that u think are the little ones because they make a big influence on him believe it or not.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Mikeansy,

Let us leave that issue for another thread, but to answer your question. In some cases it might be necessary.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by chyz(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2010
mikeansy:

Chyz @ Monkeyleg

The interests of a people is supreme
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by wesley80(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2010
chyz:

The interests of a people is supreme

In whose interest is Anioma state? the Igbos, the likes of Pat Utomi or the potential Anioma people?
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by chyz(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2010
wesley80:

In whose interest is Anioma state? the Igbos, the likes of Pat Utomi or the potential Anioma people?

No disrespect but your question kinda comes off as an oxymoron. I'm not getting ur point.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by udezue(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2010
Pat Utomi is a correct guy but unfortunately Nigerians don't know what they want. He should focus more on Delta state either as Senator or Governor. If Anioma gets its statehood then he should definitely be the Governor.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Udezue,

My bro you are rigght. Nigerians truly dont know what they want.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by wesley80(m): 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2010
chyz:

No disrespect but your question kinda comes off as an oxymoron. I'm not getting your point.

It wasnt intended 2 be one. Anyway my question was if the interest of the people is supreme like u said, would an Anioma state best serve that interest? or would it just be a chest thumping reason for the Igbos? I mean like "yeah We've got yet another state" or just an avenue for those we seem to prefer like Pat Utomi to have a quick avenue to governance?
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2010
wesley80:

It wasnt intended 2 be one. Anyway my question was if the interest of the people is supreme like u said, would an Anioma state best serve that interest? or would it just be a chest thumping reason for the Igbos? I mean like "yeah We've got yet another state" or just an avenue for those we seem to prefer like Pat Utomi to have a quick avenue to governance?

you need to learn to talk about others with a measure of respect
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by chyz(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2010
wesley80:

It best serves the anioma people because they have been clamoring for the state for a long time.It gives them more breathing room from tribes that even are still fight up until this moment to move Asaba out of anioma because they say the capital should not go to igbos. As far as the revenue goes like Imo, Anambra, Abia,etc. they will have their own revenue.Theres no such sharing state revenues,at least i dont think so but we are talking about nigeria.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by wesley80(m): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
mikeansy:

you need to learn to talk about others with a measure of respect
Please dont start.
chyz:

It best serves the anioma people because they have been clamoring for the state for a long time.It gives them more breathing room from tribes that even are still fight up until this moment to move Asaba out of anioma because they say the capital should not go to igbos. As far as the revenue goes like Imo, Anambra, Abia,etc. they will have their own revenue.Theres no such sharing state revenues,at least i dont think so but we are talking about nigeria.

So will u support a future state retaining the name "Delta"as against Anioma, its first governor probably for the first 8 years coming from the Ukwuani's ( I'm assuming u know who they are) , and them (Ukwuanis) having 2 out of the 3 senatorial districts the state will have?
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by chyz(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
wesley80:

Please dont start.
So will u support a future state retaining the name "Delta"as against Anioma, its first governor probably for the first 8 years coming from the Ukwuani's ( I'm assuming u know who they are) , and them (Ukwuanis) having 2 out of the 3 senatorial districts the state will have?

No, i wont support it because, why would you give them their own state but reject the name that they have chosen for it? Thats a slap in the face. And i see ur point about the different clans sharing power. im guessing it will be scrapped up so that their will be equality.Anyways i believe theyve already worked that out because they have had their blueprint years back. The thing that might kill them is the what theyve dont i the past as far as trying to make their LGA name as their tribal name. If most would have just stuck to Igbo than a imminent situation such as "clan" are artificial tribe issue wouldnt be a problem. Its kind of like how saraki screwed himself for presidency because of his denial of ethnicity but his acceptance of it when he thought it suited him.Now the north wont allow him run on their ticket. Its kinda like that.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by wesley80(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2010
chyz:

No, i wont support it because, why would you give them their own state but reject the name that they have chosen for it? Thats a slap in the face. And i see your point about the different clans sharing power. im guessing it will be scrapped up so that their will be equality.Anyways i believe theyve already worked that out because they have had their blueprint years back. The thing that might kill them is the what theyve dont i the past as far as trying to make their LGA name as their tribal name. If most would have just stuck to Igbo than a imminent situation such as "clan" are artificial tribe issue wouldnt be a problem. Its kind of like how saraki screwed himself for presidency because of his denial of ethnicity but his acceptance of it when he thought it suited him.Now the north wont allow him run on their ticket. Its kinda like that.
Hmmm U seem to know so much about Northern politics, well good for you. Now let me educate u bit about Anioma politics.
Those were some of the conditions given by the "leaders of thought" of the Ukwuani's/Ndokwas to make a future state acceptable (mind u some Ukwuani's think the name "Ukwuani" leaves them out so they'll rather be called Ndokwa's - I smell a future separate state agitation) Ordinarily they would be ignored except for the fact that they posess 100% of the Oil that makes this state so attractive!
  So I ask again would a future state be in the interest of the people, the Igbos or ambitious politicians if its mere imagination is already breeding division amongst a once united people?
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by sley4life(m): 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
too much Presidential aspirant. Even those that knows they will looose
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2010
Unfortunately politics in Nigeria is not for the good guys.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by candylips(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2010
how many votes will he get this time around
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by kcjazz(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2010
Politics has never been about good guys or good intentions. I like Pat but on a fair election he can't win, its that simple. Our system is disadvantaged to non-government people. To win an election you need planning,strategy and money. Even Obama didn't win based on policies. To beat the PDP, he has to seek unconventional means of raising money, detailed long term planning and get his fans to fight for him.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by bkbabe97y(m): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2010
MaziUche0:

Pat Utomi needs to read the 48 Laws of Power. I feel he is too nice, but that is his personality. But politics is not meant for nice guys, it is meant for hard hitters who will attack anyone who gets in their way.

Monkey! Freaking Osu! Plagiarizer! I wasted 25 seconds of my life. . . . 25 Freacking, fuxcking, precious seconds of my fuxcking life reading you put up the [b]SAME, EXACT [/b]same thing ugly-aszz Chyz put up ealier! Only thing different you did was put up a different book (The Prince versus your 48 Laws of Power)! Freaking Plagiarizer!
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by AndreUweh(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2010
Pat Utomi is a proud Igbo. Ndigbo are proud of him. His identity is not questionable. Last four years, The highest Igbo elite organisation-Aka Ikenga voted en-masse to support Utomi's presidential ambition.
Utomi is one of the most honoured and decorated man in Igboland.
Amongst all the presidential contestants so far, Utomi is the best candidate. But in Nigeria, there have never been any time that the best candidate won. What a shame.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Echidime(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2010
@MaziUche0:

I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR TWO LEGS ANIMAL LIKE YOU.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 8:10am On Sep 25, 2010
Its a real shame we are on here debating why someone like Pat cannot win, rather than why someone like Pat should be supported and giving all the tools he needs to succeed.

You know this is the biggest problem we have in Nigeria, we dont know how to be true to ourselves. As Nigerian, we have not arrived at a position that we can truly claim that we know what is best for us. We are still struggling with the poormans mentality.

How can anyone in thier right mind, think that a Party like PDP, who has been in power for almost 12yrs and have totally wrecked our country, can breed any good. There is really no way any leader from that party can honestly tackle the difficult issues of this country, there is bound to be extreme conflict of interest. How do you tell the Godfathers and Governors that you are coming after them, when they supported your candidacy. There is just no way. How can there ever be an honest attempt to resolve deep issues, if you owe serious favours to the people you might have to go after? it just doesnt work

But you know what, that is the Nigeria we all live in
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by hinduism(f): 10:55am On Sep 25, 2010
I can help him to win by mystic powers if he come to india,75% of votes will be in his favor as people will just vote for him only to realise after voting
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by anonimi: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2010
Na wah o! The guy no dey tire.
I wish him luck sha!
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by truly: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2010
tkjoke:

Na wah o! The guy no dey tire.
I wish him luck sha!
Tired of what - 2nd attempt
Are we not tired of crooks ruling all the time because they have state power, stolen money?
Echidime:

He is very foolish to want to run when we are still trying to deal with northerners and put our brother his own brother goodluck in power,what does he stand to gain by sharing votes meant for goodluck?
On one hand, we are told where people come from does not matter
On the other hand, I see posts like this - so what is the position?
tribalism matters or not? I see a lot of southerners supporting GJ because of tribalism
And it will be very sad cos the arguments used against the North - bad leadership - will come to haunt the south

afam4eva:

The truth is that Pat Utomi can't win an election in Nigeria whether it is free and fair or not. Nevertheless i'll vote for him.
I love your spirit
Some people argue that I should not waste my vote because somebody cannot win
That is illogical - why do I vote for somebody who does not need my vote to win
Every vote against PDP is not lost - it is a message a protest lest they think we have been cowered into submission
Utomi, Ribadu and Buhari need my vote more than anybody from that inglorious evil association called PDP
They should join forces

monkeyleg:

Its a real shame we are on here debating why someone like Pat cannot win, rather than why someone like Pat should be supported and giving all the tools he needs to succeed.

You know this is the biggest problem we have in Nigeria, we dont know how to be true to ourselves. As Nigerian, we have not arrived at a position that we can truly claim that we know what is best for us. We are still struggling with the poormans mentality.

How can anyone in thier right mind, think that a Party like PDP, who has been in power for almost 12yrs and have totally wrecked our country, can breed any good. There is really no way any leader from that party can honestly tackle the difficult issues of this country, there is bound to be extreme conflict of interest. How do you tell the Godfathers and Governors that you are coming after them, when they supported your candidacy. There is just no way. How can there ever be an honest attempt to resolve deep issues, if you owe serious favours to the people you might have to go after? it just doesnt work

But you know what, that is the Nigeria we all live in
I support your views
How can Utomi be pleading for votes when all the crooks are claiming that people are begging them to contest
And people are saying he should wait
Obviously because of GJ, anybody who is above 60 is too old and belong to expired generation
And anybody who is below 55 should wait
The illogicality of it all is amazing
mikeansy:

Chyz @ Monkeyleg

Haha
I agree with you on this
We don't need more states - Soludo has said this severally and I agree with him though I disagree with him a lot
A lot of states are on life support'
Why do you think Daniel has not paid WAEC fees in Ogun state and looking for a bond
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by CGKing(m): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2010
instead of these sad stories you guys are giving conerning his aspiration, why not vote for him? You keep saying Nigerians wouldnt want him as though you are not Nigerirans. If you want him, vote for him.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 7:21am On Sep 26, 2010
@Truly,

You have really captured my feelings on this whole issue. To be honest I tire for we Nigerians. In one had we want change, but on the other we are not prepared to do what it takes to bring change. The sort of things I hear is that Pat cant win, so I wont support him. this was the same lame excuse I heard in 2007. I unashamedly supported and voted for Pat, and at that time I knew that Yar-Adua, no matter how well intentioned he was could not perform, but I got heckled and abused, some giving me the same excuse we hear now, that he was not corrupt and had done well for Katsina. It was very clear to me, that PDP would not let him perform, well the rest is history.

I think the same applies now. PDP remains an evil threat to that country. Look at all the PDP controlled states besides maybe Rivers. People just dont get it, we are busy talking our the presidency, what about the states. Its so sad to see.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2010
This guy is just a clown.
Re: Utomi Joins Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
@Otokx,

why do you think so?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Kogi A Failed State? / ISIS Fighters Terrified Of Being Killed By Female Troops . / Original Copy Of The More You Look, The Less You See Govt Of Tinubu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.