Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday (1665 Views)

Delta State Guber Race: Who Is Your Choice Among The Three Top Contenders / Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race / 20 Ministers Listed In 2015 Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by ekoonibaje: 6:16am On Sep 24, 2010
if he becomes the PDP candidate, At least we will have a good opponent to debate our great governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola

www.thisdayonline.info/nview.php?id=183592

Meanwhile, former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Otunba Femi Pedro, will today formally declare his interest to contest the 2011 gubernatorial election in Lagos State on PDP platform.

“I am offering a fresh approach; visionary, idealistic, energetic, committed and tested leadership, and I hope you will cast your vote for change and give me the opportunity to serve you. On my part, I give you my word and assurance that I will not compromise on the values of ethical leadership, public integrity and good governance as we partner to realise our dream for a greater Lagos,” he said.

In an interview with THISDAY, Pedro summed up his vision thus: “to transform the entire state of Lagos into a safer, cleaner, more secure and thriving mega city – a mega city where its residents enjoy quality healthcare and a robust educational system, a mega city with modern infrastructure in roads and highways, transportation, telecommunications and power generation, all sensitive and tailored to the needs of the average Lagosian, irrespective of societal class or background.”

Pedro, who was the state deputy governor between 2003 and 2007, led the economic team of the state government to raise the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N300 million per month to a staggering N7 billion in a spate of eight months.

Apart from coordinating the activities of government and the Organised Private Sector, he was in charge of the Parastatal Monitoring Office, a body responsible for monitoring the activities and performances of all parastatals in the state.
He contested for the governorship of the state in 2007 and lost to Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola.

As the elections draw near, the former deputy governor said it was not enough to simply identify the problems and drawbacks confronting the state, adding there was a need for sound and thorough understanding of the issues and solutions that will bring about the desired results.

“If elected, my mode of implementing solutions to these major challenges confronting Lagos will be remarkably different and much more efficient than what is seen today,” he said.

Explaining that Lagos is a vibrant state with vast opportunities and endless possibilities, Pedro said his administration would make it work for the teeming population of the state to seize these opportunities.

“I am determined to impact and transform the lives of every Lagosian, the traders and the  market women, the unemployed and ever-growing street urchins. Indeed, it is time for a change,” he said.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by ekoonibaje: 6:30am On Sep 24, 2010
The real question is whether this is good for lagos democracy that a man of this calibre would contest, or whether Mr. Pedro is wasting his time and resources.

Eko o Le Baje lai lai
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 1:08am On Sep 26, 2010
ok. what are femi pedro's plans for lagos? the last thing lagos needs is another man like fashola who makes empty promises and delivers nothing but published achievements. I remember he served under Tinubu. How can we be sure we wont turn out to be another fashola, disconnected from the people angry

i will like to see an a plan.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 1:10am On Sep 26, 2010
besides, the problem is that so many people in Lagos have been so disillusioned with government that they have become desensitized and vulnerable to nonsense.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by Becomrich0: 1:21am On Sep 26, 2010
pedro cant beat fashola, only a yoruba activist can beat fashola.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by olaolabiy: 1:22am On Sep 26, 2010
Naturally anti.
gbengapro:

ok. what are femi pedro's plans for lagos? the last thing lagos needs is another man like fashola who makes empty promises and delivers nothing but published achievements

GBENGIRO.
Naturally anti.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 2:07am On Sep 26, 2010
what does that mean? i do not follow
ola olabiy:

Naturally anti.
GBENGIRO.
Naturally anti.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 2:08am On Sep 26, 2010
and God grin

Becomrich0:

pedro cant beat fashola, only a yoruba activist can beat fashola.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by Becomrich0: 2:24am On Sep 26, 2010
yes God too. It is hard for pedro to beat fashola. To beat fashola you need a yoruba activist. Yoruba people love artivist that why they voted for Tinubu when he came back from abroad. 

And PDP does not stand any chance in Yorubaland at the moment in a true fair election. That why PDP want to rig it. Look at Oyo state, there is no way they would win. Ogun state too. Ondo is with labour. It would be hard for PDP to win a single seat in Yorubaland. because the PDP have failed Yoruba people. And Yoruba people are just waiting for the election to get rig of PDP.

Nobody would vote for a PDP who conduct a census figure and cheat them and even when the truth came out, still refusing they would not change. Jonathan should go and look for his vote outside Yorubaland.  Do you think Yoruba people are fools. To be honest with yoruba, the PDP is insulting Yoruba people for even been bold to think they can win a seat in Yorubaland. It is an insult to Yoruba people. That PDP still exist in Yorubaland.

The PDP has not merited Yoruba vote.

The Yoruba people cant return a party which has refuse to fight for thier right back into Government. It has never happen before and it would be an insult to the Yoruba race. And Yorubaman who support sure a cheating is considered to be a bastard. Do you know what Omo ale is.?
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 5:21am On Sep 26, 2010
@Becomrich0 That is a fair analysis. but do you think goodluck will be affected too? In other words is it a possible scenario that jonathan will loose the south west? I doubt it.

Frankly, people are fed up with corrupt politicians all around the country. It is not just a PDP thing. Fashola's accountability troubles have been greatly chronicled. Oshiomole is doing nonsense in Edo. Mimiko, we hear, forged court documents to get elected. So as you see, it is not quite rosy on the other side of the pillow. The devil under an umbrella is better than the one that dresses as an angel with a broomstick (but devil is bad regardless  grin)

Becomrich0:

yes God too. It is hard for pedro to beat fashola. To beat fashola you need a yoruba activist. Yoruba people love artivist that why they voted for Tinubu when he came back from abroad. 

And PDP does not stand any chance in Yorubaland at the moment in a true fair election. That why PDP want to rig it. Look at Oyo state, there is no way they would win. Ogun state too. Ondo is with labour. It would be hard for PDP to win a single seat in Yorubaland. because the PDP have failed Yoruba people. And Yoruba people are just waiting for the election to get rig of PDP.

Nobody would vote for a PDP who conduct a census figure and cheat them and even when the truth came out, still refusing they would not change. Jonathan should go and look for his vote outside Yorubaland.  Do you think Yoruba people are fools. To be honest with yoruba, the PDP is insulting Yoruba people for even been bold to think they can win a seat in Yorubaland. It is an insult to Yoruba people. That PDP still exist in Yorubaland.

The PDP has not merited Yoruba vote.

The Yoruba people cant return a party which has refuse to fight for thier right back into Government. It has never happen before and it would be an insult to the Yoruba race.  And Yorubaman who support sure a cheating is considered to be a naughty person. Do you know what Omo ale is.?
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 26, 2010
gbengapro:

that is a fair analysis. but do you think goodluck will be affected too? in other words is it a possible scenario that jonathan will loose the south west? i doubt it

frankly, people are fed up with corrupt politicians all around the country. but it is not just a pdp thing. fashola's accountability troubles have been greatly chronicled. oshiomole is doing nonsense in edo. mimiko, we hear forged court documents to get elected. so as you see, it is not quite rosy on the other side of the pillow. the devil under an umbrella is better than the one that dresses as an angel with a broomstick (but devil is bad regardless  grin)

dude , you can blather about fashola's 'accountability troubles' until you are blue in the face.

the fact is lagosians can actually see and feel what he is doing.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 5:57am On Sep 26, 2010
@oyb there is no need for us to be rude or disrespectful when we are expressing our opinion. I show respect to fellow posters, and at the very least I expect to receive the same level of respect. My advice to you: refrain from such, it makes the candidate of your choice look bad.

Besides, are you 'lagosians'? unfortunately, you can only speak for yourself. chances are, you don't even live in lagos.

oyb:

dude , you can blather about fashola's 'accountability troubles' until you are blue in the face.

the fact is lagosians can actually see and feel what he is doing.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 26, 2010
gbengapro:

@oyb there is no need for us to be rude or disrespectful when we are expressing our opinion. I show respect to fellow posters, and at the very least I expect to receive the same level of respect. My advice to you: refrain from such, it makes the candidate of your choice look bad.

Besides, are you 'lagosians'? unfortunately, you can only speak for yourself. chances are, you don't even live in lagos.

apologies for any insults real or assumed - and btw - i do live in lagos

frankly, there's very little team jimi agbaje can hold against fashola
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 6:07am On Sep 26, 2010
Jimi Agbaje has not declared yet. Either way, he should join Femi Pedro in the race too if he desires. If he likes, he should go and pick up PDP nomination form for all i care. We need the best possible crop of candidates to spell out how they can get Lagos out of the filth it is in. Especially this rubbish called traffic. And if the people choose Fashola, they get Fashola. But Lagosians are not silly. They will hear everybody out from head to toe before making their choice. Me personally, I am anti-elitist and pro-masses, so I know where my vote WON'T be going.
Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by gbengapro: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2010
grin grin grin grin

Re: Femi Pedro Set To Join Lagos Guber Race- Thisday by Becomrich0: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
gbengapro , I am going to church.  the yoruba want change. from the cheating the PDP census have put on us. The PDP have told us to our face through thier action. That the people of edo,delta and Yorubas can go to hell. Jonathan would lost this area in a free and fair election. Look between me and you Jonathan would not return to Aso rock in a free and fair election. Which state do you think Jonathan can win. I honestly have ask people to put it online and tell us.

Apart from Bayelsa, river state. Jonathan can not even beat Buhari in kastina, sokoto,kebbi, zamfara, kano, jigawa,bauchi, and gombe. or Donald duke in akwa ibom state or cross river.  Or is he going to beat Yorubamen who are also contesting in Yorubas Never.   He does not look good for the election. He would loss from this point. IBB too cant win. Look Buhari camp is smarted that all of you. He is the one wanted you people to present a weak person against him, so that it is obvious to everybody that he won. 

No serious party goes into an election with a weak candidate. Jonathan is weak at the poll. Obvious as a southerner , you would want us to loss the ticket to the north, but the north is been smarter in the build up to the election. They would use IBB and Atiku to divide the south. IBB would pick Igbo and Atiku would pick Yoruba, since Jonathan is running with sambo. While as the vote is divided. 

An igbo man would rather prefer a vice president slot , than a Jonathan(ijaw)/Sambo(fulani/hausa) , where is the Igbo man in this equation or the yorubaman. On election everybody bear his father name. They would go with thier own ,  Nobody vote for party in Nigeria  they vote for ethnicity.   Even if you name a dog Uche and put him against buhari in igboland, look Uche the dog would win. even when people dont know that  uche is a dog.

That should tell you the story. I am telling you, if the united nation goes to count the poll in yorubaland, and they put my name vs Jonathan and I sit in canada. I would score 90% and jonathan less than 10%. It tell you the power ethnicity play in nigeria.

Jonathan has option. but it is not what i want to talk over the internet, I do not want to make enermy for myself . but the way everything looks now. Jonathan better buys himself a ticket to return back to bayelsa state. it is only an OMO ALE yoruba that would want to support PDP for what the PDP did against the Yoruba people. Only an OMO ALE.

(1) (Reply)

Corpers Killed In The North Have Fulfilled Their Destiny - Bauchi Governor / Gas Revolution - For The Attention Of The Cynics / Horror In Bauchi •mother And Child, Two Sisters Hacked To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.