Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets (8258 Views)

Who Is The Best Legislator In This Curent Dispensation? / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Comrade Mr And Mrs Oshiomole On Khaki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 26, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by 9ijaMan: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2010
Babosa:

wait a minute. i thought gej used to be a lecturer. so when did he amass all that wealth n295m. must be when he was deputy govenor of bayelsa state. so much for the fight against corruption. na wa o! nigeria go survive.

He got the money from the sales of handouts to his students, ! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by cap28: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
debosky:

Yawn.

Take a number behind the other conspiracy theorists. The failure of the Nigerian government is in creating a strong national oil company that can run things for Nigeria's sake - they are far more interested in simply making as  much money as possible while getting others to do the work.

There is no conspiracy involving the Americans or Chinese - this is simply a case of 'who will allow me to steal more'? The Chinese are currently glad to let you rob your citizens blind as long as they get what they want, hence their increasing popularity. They don't care about all this nonsense 'human rights' and other such jargon. Which is why more and more African countries are dealing with them.

Your myopia never ceases to amaze me, so you actually think that the nigerian govt will shut down an operation which is turning them into overnight millionaires and multimillionaires by running NNPC for the benefit of the nigerian people?

Isnt that a bit like expecting an armed robber who is raiding a bank to restrict himself to stealing only a few hundred dollars as opposed to stealing millions?  Tell me why a nigerian govt official whose sole aim for going into office was to rob his own people would suddenly develop a conscience?

When the Shah of Iran (a US  puppet) was in power did he reform the oil industry so that the oil revenue trickled down to his people?  Didnt it take the iranian revolution of 1979 to dislodge him and his corrupt western backers?  Wasnt it this same revolution that led to the nationalisation of the iranian oil industry thereby enabling a complete overhaul of the inequitable foundation that existed before?

People like you deserve what you get in terms of leadership - who ever said that there was  a conspiracy involving china and the US - please listen carefully so that you dont miss it again - THERE IS AN ONGOING  POWER TUSSLE BETWEEN CHINA AND THE US FOR CONTROL OF OUR OIL RESERVES - how is that a conspiracy? a conspiracy is something conducted under cover and in secret - this is very much out in the open although it will take ages for people like you to understand what is going on. 

The US are about to deploy troops to Africa in order to "provide regional security" which is code for - fend off any potential activities from militant groups or other interested foreign (Chinese) investors - this deployment of troops is known as AFRICOM, havent you heard? Or are you still too busy engaging in a futile argument about the contents of Jonathan's bank account? 
Traitorous Jonathan has already sealed the deal, its all done and dusted while you sit here engaging in a futile argument about the contents of his bank account.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15945:nigeria-us-sign-pact-on-regional-security&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

Okay so China doesnt give two sh.ts about human rights, what about the US and Europe are they champions of human rights?

Correct me if I am wrong but was it not british/dutch owned Shell who gave the order to Abacha to have Ken Saro Wiwa executed?

And is it not the same Shell who have turned the niger delta region into one of the world's worst sites of environmental degradation?

And is it not the british govt under orders from Shell who sold millions of dollars in military hardware to Yaradua in order to crush MEND?

Oh boy I dont know what your problem is but you need to wake up and open your eyes to the real problems of nigeria rather than waste your time on a futile debate.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by netotse(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2010
cap28:

Your myopia never ceases to amaze me, so you actually think that the nigerian govt will shut down an operation which is turning them into overnight millionaires and multimillionaires by running NNPC for the benefit of the nigerian people?

Isnt that a bit like expecting an armed robber who is raiding a bank to restrict himself to stealing only a few hundred dollars as opposed to stealing millions?  Tell me why a nigerian govt official whose sole aim for going into office was to rob his own people would suddenly develop a conscience?

When the Shah of Iran (a US  puppet) was in power did he reform the oil industry so that the oil revenue trickled down to his people?  Didnt it take the iranian revolution of 1979 to dislodge him and his corrupt western backers?  Wasnt it this same revolution that led to the nationalisation of the iranian oil industry thereby enabling a complete overhaul of the inequitable foundation that existed before?

People like you deserve what you get in terms of leadership - who ever said that there was  a conspiracy involving china and the US - please listen carefully so that you dont miss it again - THERE IS AN ONGOING  POWER TUSSLE BETWEEN CHINA AND THE US FOR CONTROL OF OUR OIL RESERVES - how is that a conspiracy? a conspiracy is something conducted under cover and in secret - this is very much out in the open although it will take ages for people like you to understand what is going on. 

The US are about to deploy troops to Africa in order to "provide regional security" which is code for - fend off any potential activities from militant groups or other interested foreign (Chinese) investors - this deployment of troops is known as AFRICOM, havent you heard? Or are you still too busy engaging in a futile argument about the contents of Jonathan's bank account? 
Traitorous Jonathan has already sealed the deal, its all done and dusted while you sit here engaging in a futile argument about the contents of his bank account.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15945:nigeria-us-sign-pact-on-regional-security&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

Okay so China doesnt give two sh.ts about human rights, what about the US and Europe are they champions of human rights?

Correct me if I am wrong but was it not british/dutch owned Shell who gave the order to Abacha to have Ken Saro Wiwa executed?

And is it not the same Shell who have turned the niger delta region into one of the world's worst sites of environmental degradation?

And is it not the british govt under orders from Shell who sold millions of dollars in military hardware to Yaradua in order to crush MEND?

Oh boy I dont know what your problem is but you need to wake up and open your eyes to the real problems of nigeria rather than waste your time on a futile debate.

kai. . .where did you get that one from?i am really and truly in awe of you. . .
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
cap28:

Isnt that a bit like expecting an armed robber who is raiding a bank to restrict himself to stealing only a few hundred dollars as opposed to stealing millions? Tell me why a nigerian govt official whose sole aim for going into office was to rob his own people would suddenly develop a conscience?

They don't care who is running the operation - as long as they get rich. Geddit?

So many nations nationalised their oil resources then, but almost all of them (including Iran) are now seeking foreign investment - from Algeria to Libya to even many gulf states, they are inviting the same companies they kicked out back in.

The conspiracy, in case you don't understand the word, is your fallacious and insane assertions that GEJ orchestrated Yardie's death in order to let the US have their way. Pray tell. . . .did GEJ cause Yardie's kidney failure when he was in charge in Katsina as well?

You must be a complete simpleton to believe Africom will stop Chinese interests - they already control oil production in Sudan, recently signed 13b worth of loans to get access to Ghanaian oil and are spending BILLIONS building stadiums and Infrastructure in Angola in exchange for oil.

Your claims that AFRICOM is supposed to fend off the Chinese is laughable - if fending them off results in signing $13bn worth of loans to Ghana, buying over of Addax and their associated facilities in Nigeria and the humongous building projects in Angola, then the word must have gotten a new definition.

Don't be stupid - how come it is in the same West that Shell was taken to court and forced to pay compensation? How come it was in the same West that Chevron is fighting to prevent claims being made against it for abusing human rights?

The pollution caused in the delta and the killings are the fault of one body alone - the Federal Government. They will overlook the worst atrocities just to continue to keep the oil flowing and revenue into their coffers. Keep chasing the West as the problem when your stupid leaders are the cause.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
i just found this

this is a site that highlights nigerias achievers

entry on gej

http://theachieverspublicationltd.co.uk/tap2.aspx

His Excellency Dr Goodluck Jonathan (OCFR)

His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the Vice President of Federal Republic of Nigeria, was born on November 20, 1957. An Ijaw man from Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State is a Christian and married with children.

SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATES:

St Stephen’s Primary School (now a State school) Otuoke 1961 – 1965, St Michael’s Primary School, Oloibiri, Bayelsa State FSLC 1966 – 1969, Mater Dei High School, Imiringi, Bayelsa State , 1971 – 1975, University of Port Harcourt 1977 – 1981, University of Port Harcourt 1983 – 1984 & University of Port Harcourt 1987 – 1995

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:

First School LEAVING Certificate (FSLC) 1969, West African School Certificate (WASC) 1975, General Certificate of Education (GCE O/L) 1976, B. Sc. Zoology. Second Class (Hons) Upper Division 1981, M. Sc. Hydrobiology/Fisheries Biology 1985 and Ph. D. Zoology 1995.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

Preventive Officer, Dept. of Customs & Excise 1975 – 1977, Science Inspector of Education Rivers State Ministry of Education, Port Harcourt 1982 – 1983, Lecturer, Dept. of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt 1983 – 1993, Assistant Director, (Ecology)/ Head Sub – Dept. of Environment Protection, Ompadec 1993 – 1998, Deputy Governor, Bayelsa State from May 1999 -  2005 & Governor Bayelsa State from May 2005 to date.

so how where did his 300million come from ?

>> In 2007, the then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan bowed to public opinion and released details of his assets totalling N295, 304, 420. The declaration took place before Muktar N. Dodo of the Abuja High Court on May 30. Mr Jonathan had no foreign accounts or assets.

>> The total worth of Mr Jonathan’s private residences was N67, 990,000 according to that declaration. The buildings include a four- bedroom duplex in Kpansia, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, valued at N15 million; a four-flat storey building extension of the family house in Yenagoa valued at N10 million and his seven bedroom village home at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area, which was bombed days before his inauguration as Vice President, valued at N18 million and a five-bedroom personal residence in Gwarinpa, Abuja valued at N24, 990,000.

>> Under vehicles and household items, Mr Jonathan declared assets worth N41.8 million. They include a BMW car in Abuja valued at N15 million, generators, electronics, air conditioners, furniture, kitchen utensils and others in Kpansia, Yenagoa and Gwarimpa, Abuja valued at N26 million. The car was declared as a gift while the other items were declared to have been procured from savings.

>> Jonathan also declared vacant and undeveloped plots worth N60.538 million. They include five undeveloped plots of land in Bayelsa State, two undeveloped plots of land in Cadastral Zone BO2 and AO6 in Abuja. He disclosed also a yearly income of N62, 072, 200. These comprise investments in stocks in 16 Nigerian blue chip companies managed by City-Code Trust & Investment Company Limited. His investments also cover four 16-seater passenger boats which he hires to companies and other agencies. The Vice President’s total cash in Nigerian banks (Bank PHB, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, UBA and others) is put at N58, 984, 123. He stated that the total income includes personal savings and income from his investments including performing stocks and hiring of the boats.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
excerpts from umya's entry

http://theachieverspublicationltd.co.uk/tap.aspx

NIGERIA…THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT AND SECURED.

Apparently, God’s favour and Grace on Nigeria endures, when HE chose President Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, to succeed our former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in the recently concluded General Election in Nigeria. A national political gain whose multiplier-effect provides the opportunity for the incoming administration to build upon, propagate and further establish the good programmes of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

does this sound familiar?

POLITICAL CAREER

The President’s political career started when he became an active member and mobilizer, for the defunct Peoples’ Redemption Party (PRP). Later, he became the foundation members of the Peoples’ Front, an association that later fused to form the Social Democratic Party (SDP). Moreover, His Excellency was a member of the 1988 Constituent Assembly, as well as, a member of the party’s National Caucus and the SDP State Secretary in Katsina. He contested the Governorship election under the same party (SDP) in 1991. At the inception of General Abdulsalam Abubakar’s transition in 1998, Yar’Adua founded the K34 political association which later teamed up to form the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He contested and won election as Governor of Katsina State in 1999 and was re-elected in 2003. During this period, the President was best remembered as the first Governor to publicly declare his assets and has promised to do the same again at the end of his tenure.

ACHIEVEMENTS

During his tenure as Governor, the state has gone through an unprecedented development, which transform the educational and health institutions, provision of rural and urban roads, rural electrification, water supply and agriculture. Today, people of Katsina State can boast of a Governor with proven record of prudence, accountability and transparency. Under his leadership, Katsina State now has a surplus of N6.5billion from a near empty treasury and back -log of debts inherited in 1999.

while we have issues with umyas saving rather than spending money - umya was able to give a clear accounting of the reasury when he left, unlike gej , who said -

Jonathan said, ”There is nobody as at the time he leaves government, if you want to be frank, who can state exactly how much that is left behind or how much that they are owing.

”Even if I know, it will be wrong for me to tell you now that the governor has been here for almost two months. ”I remember in Oyo state where the governor said he left over N20 billion and the governor who took over said he met an empty treasury. I think it is not necessary.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by netotse(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2010
if i recall correctly, when yar adua declared his assets, he declared 50 brand new cars which he said he received as gifts, me i'm just waiting to see how many jonathan will declare.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by cap28: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2010
debosky:

They don't care who is running the operation - as long as they get rich. Geddit?

BULLSH.IT!!! if that were true Yaradua would never have challenged the US and Europe, he would have been content with the cut he was getting from shell, Chevron and Exxon Mobil, instead he chose to go with the chinese , why would he risk the ire of the west and his life, when he could still get rich on the kickbacks and bribes from the west?

So many nations nationalised their oil resources then, but almost all of them (including Iran) are now seeking foreign investment - from Algeria to Libya to even many gulf states, they are inviting the same companies they kicked out back in.

You are talking pure trash - there is a difference between seeking foreign investment ON YOUR OWN TERMS and where you are being COERCED INTO ACCEPTING A DEAL WHICH DESTROYS THE ECONOMIC PROSPECTS OF YOUR COUNTRY.  Is Libya's economy in the same shape as nigeria's economy?  Is Iran an economic basket case saddled with IMF and world bank loans? Please stop spouting all these lies.

The conspiracy, in case you don't understand the word, is your fallacious and insane assertions that GEJ orchestrated Yardie's death in order to let the US have their way. Pray tell. . . .did GEJ cause Yardie's kidney failure when he was in charge in Katsina as well?

Your immaturity and naivity is so embarrassing - what is insane about a coup d'etat?  Do you have any understanding of Nigeria's history at all?  How did Gowon come to power?  was it not through a coup d'etat? how about Buhari, Babangida and Abacha - were they democratically elected or did they shoot their way into office?  Like i said your naivity is embarrassing.

Let me spell it out for you - OBJ deliberately chose an ailing man knowing full well that he would not be capable of taking on the herculean task of presiding over a country as volatile as nigeria, but just in case he stubbornly refused to die on seat a contingency plan had already been put in to place to make sure he would never make it to a second term, hence his mysterious disapperance to Saudi Arabia on indefinite medical leave.  You see the nigerian elite know that the majority of nigerians don't reason properly, notice how nobody even demanded to see Yaradua's body, the nigerian population were so brainwashed they allowed themselves to be browbeaten into accepting that Yaradua actually died of kidney related complications.

You must be a complete simpleton to believe Africom will stop Chinese interests - they already control oil production in Sudan, recently signed 13b worth of loans to get access to Ghanaian oil and are spending BILLIONS building stadiums and Infrastructure in Angola in exchange for oil.

Is that so? and is america allowing them to get away with this?  What do you think all this noise about darfur is about ? Do you not understand that the americans are trying to destabilise Sudan in order to oust China from this region, go and find out who is behind all the negative propaganda about darfur and then you will understand the power of the US propaganda machine.

Your claims that AFRICOM is supposed to fend off the Chinese is laughable - if fending them off results in signing $13bn worth of loans to Ghana, buying over of Addax and their associated facilities in Nigeria and the humongous building projects in Angola, then the word must have gotten a new definition.

Lets wait and see how successful China will be in securing those deals, better still lets see whether China will remain in africa once AFRICOM troops are deployed to the continent.

Don't be silly - how come it is in the same West that Shell was taken to court and forced to pay compensation? How come it was in the same West that Chevron is fighting to prevent claims being made against it for abusing human rights?

I dont know where you are getting your information from but last I checked Ken Saro Wiwa's relatives case against Shell was thrown out by a US judge, i understand that they received compensation in respect of other issues but not in respect of saro wiwa's execution.

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article229971.ece

The pollution caused in the delta and the killings are the fault of one body alone - the Federal Government. They will overlook the worst atrocities just to continue to keep the oil flowing and revenue into their coffers. Keep chasing the West as the problem when your silly leaders are the cause.

WAKE UP!!! IT IS A JOINT EXERCISE !!! THE NIGERIAN GOVT COULD NOT CRUSH MEND WITHOUT ARMS AND MILITARY AID FROM BRITAIN AND THE US - IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by debosky(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
Apologies for the offtopic departure from GEJ's Assets. smiley

cap28:

BULLSH.IT!!! if that were true Yaradua would never have challenged the US and Europe, he would have been content with the cut he was getting from shell, Chevron and Exxon Mobil, instead he chose to go with the chinese , why would he risk the ire of the west and his life, when he could still get rich on the kickbacks and bribes from the west?

You must be a simpleton to think Yar'adua 'challenged' anyone. Rilwan Lukman was the architect of the PIB bill, NOT Yar'adua, and it was based on his burning desire to fashion the oil industry into something similar to what had been seen in countries like Brazil and Malaysia, NOT any silly challenge to the West.

The ONLY reason Yardie was listening to the Chinese was because they made an offer - beyond that, no deals were made so stop this ridiculous attempt to paint him as some kind of nationalist defender.

The fact is, he will get kickbacks from WHOMEVER we trade with - be it Chinese or US. The only question is, who will give bigger kickbacks? Obviously the Chinese cos they'll let you do anything as long as you give them what they want.

You are talking pure trash - there is a difference between seeking foreign investment ON YOUR OWN TERMS and where you are being COERCED INTO ACCEPTING A DEAL WHICH DESTROYS THE ECONOMIC PROSPECTS OF YOUR COUNTRY.  Is Libya's economy in the same shape as nigeria's economy?  Is Iran an economic basket case saddled with IMF and world bank loans? Please stop spouting all these lies.

Don't be daft - Tell me how the 'deals' we have destroy our economy despite we collecting over 85% of the revenues? The NNPC controls the entire oil industry by proxy, BUT because THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT only interested in royalties and payments and NOT doing the actual oil and gas production, National capability has not been developed.

Your immaturity and naivity is so embarrassing - what is insane about a coup d'etat?  Do you have any understanding of Nigeria's history at all?  How did Gowon come to power?  was it not through a coup d'etat? how about Buhari, Babangida and Abacha - were they democratically elected or did they shoot their way into office?  Like i said your naivity is embarrassing.

Your ability for creating outlandish theories can only be matched by a prolific ganja smoker. For GEJ who has simply been the eternal spare tyre to be given credit for displacing Yar'adua is the most imbecilic comment I've read so far. A man that was so cowardly as to be unable to control anything till the Governors and Legislators gave it to him on a plate?

Again, get your head out of your asinine conspiracy theories and look at the reality.

Let me spell it out for you - OBJ deliberately chose an ailing man knowing full well that he would not be capable of taking on the herculean task of presiding over a country as volatile as nigeria, but just in case he stubbornly refused to die on seat a contingency plan had already been put in to place to make sure he would never make it to a second term, hence his mysterious disapperance to Saudi Arabia on indefinite medical leave.  You see the nigerian elite know that the majority of nigerians don't reason properly, notice how nobody even demanded to see Yaradua's body, the nigerian population were so brainwashed they allowed themselves to be browbeaten into accepting that Yaradua actually died of kidney related complications.

While having no shred of proof to back this up, I must conclude you are auditioning for a career in fiction writing. OBJ put Yardie there so he would die, so GEJ would take over and sell our reserves to the US not so? Everything must be a conspiracy to you - you can't simply accept the patent incompetence of the leaders you have - it must be some 'grand design' supporting your prurient conspiracy theories.

Is that so? and is america allowing them to get away with this?  What do you think all this noise about darfur is about ? Do you not understand that the americans are trying to destabilise Sudan in order to oust China from this region, go and find out who is behind all the negative propaganda about darfur and then you will understand the power of the US propaganda machine.

And what has the Darfur noise done to oil production? Oil production has GROWN and the Chinese have made it clear it will continue to grow regardless of any noise in Darfur - and it is growing. So come up with another one.

Lets wait and see how successful China will be in securing those deals, better still lets see whether China will remain in africa once AFRICOM troops are deployed to the continent.

Keep waiting - after building all the stadia for the Nations Cup in Angola, after securing lucrative deals ($4bn alone for oil industry funding in Ghana) and the purchase of Addax, after their inroads to oil production even in Somalia's dangerous Ogaden province, keep waiting.

I dont know where you are getting your information from but last I checked Ken Saro Wiwa's relatives case against Shell was thrown out by a US judge, i understand that they received compensation in respect of other issues but not in respect of saro wiwa's execution.

They received compensation from Shell to forestall further court action PRECISELY because of Saro Wiwa's execution. You would do well to read up on issues before concocting moronic theories.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/08/nigeria-usa

If the west was behind this as you claim, how come the ONLY legal challenges to the actions of the oil companies is happening in the West?

WAKE UP!!! IT IS A JOINT EXERCISE !!! THE NIGERIAN GOVT COULD NOT CRUSH MEND WITHOUT ARMS AND MILITARY AID FROM BRITAIN AND THE US - IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE!!!!!!!!!

You are truly deluded. . . .MEND wasn't 'crushed' they accepted the amnesty offer and gave up most of their weapons.
OFFERS were made to ASSIST in policing the delta but none were taken up. Again, read up on Yardie's amnesty deal which restored oil production - it wasn't based on any 'crushing of MEND' rather it was based on paying bribes and giving amnesty.

There is no grand conspiracy with GEJ as the figure head - it remains to be seen how much inroads the Chinese will make into Nigeria, but one thing is sure - they are getting established in Ghana, Angola and even Nigeria through Addax and SINOPEC. GEJ's position on whether to be US leaning or China leaning remains to be seen.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
Apologies for the offtopic departure from GEJ's Assets

ban these gej men!! angry angry angry

they are deliberately derailing the topic

debosky how many oil blocks did beaf promise you?

i need to get out of bunkering sharp sharp
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by debosky(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
oyb:

ban these gej men!! angry angry angry

they are deliberately derailing the topic

debosky how many oil blocks did beaf promise you?

i need to get out of bunkering sharp sharp

All I asked is for GEJ's daughter's hand in marriage - that way I can become the next Isa Yuguda. cheesy

Oil blocks can come later. grin
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by 9ijaMan: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2010
I'm already courting Dame Patience's sister.
Debosky, I may compete with you for GEJ's daughter o! I guess he has more than one sha! SO no qualms we fit share them.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2010
since u peeps have shared all the gej women i guess i'll have to make do with resource control cap

i guess i can organise one from one of those stubborn ibb man northern governors wey no gree wear am for eagle square

beaf has gejs nuts covered so that's a no go area even if i were so inclined sad sad sad
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by cap28: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2010
debosky:

Apologies for the offtopic departure from GEJ's Assets. smiley

You must be a simpleton to think Yar'adua 'challenged' anyone. Rilwan Lukman was the architect of the PIB bill, NOT Yar'adua, and it was based on his burning desire to fashion the oil industry into something similar to what had been seen in countries like Brazil and Malaysia, NOT any silly challenge to the West.

You sound like a casualty of a mind control programme with all this trash you keep coming out with.  Are you telling me that  that Rilwan Lukman could unilaterally come up with a bill and singlehandedly enact it without the commander in chief's authorisation?

The ONLY reason Yardie was listening to the Chinese was because they made an offer - beyond that, no deals were made so stop this ridiculous attempt to paint him as some kind of nationalist defender.

really, so why was a $23 billion dollar deal btwn nigeria and china to build 3 oil refineries  signed up to and implemented shorlty before Yaradua's death?

The fact is, he will get kickbacks from WHOMEVER we trade with - be it Chinese or US. The only question is, who will give bigger kickbacks? Obviously the Chinese cos they'll let you do anything as long as you give them what they want.

You are a cynical dimwit, why would Yaradua risk his life for a few extra bits of change , why upset a 50 year relationship with shell and the american oil companies  when his life would be on the line, you are not making any sense.
Why can't you accept that Yaradua actually negotiated these deals in the interest of the nigerian people.

Don't be daft - Tell me how the 'deals' we have destroy our economy despite we collecting over 85% of the revenues? The NNPC controls the entire oil industry by proxy, BUT because THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT only interested in royalties and payments and NOT doing the actual oil and gas production, National capability has not been developed.

NNPC has a 60% stake in nigeria's oil revenues not 85% but lets not split hairs.
Nigeria's relationship with the western oil companies is extremely exploitative, they determine the price and they also impose economic policies on the nigerian economy designed to create poverty, unemployment and debt dependency.  They encourage massive borrowing by way of IMF and world bank loans which are designed to keep us on a downward spiral.

Your ability for creating outlandish theories can only be matched by a prolific ganja smoker. For GEJ who has simply been the eternal spare tyre to be given credit for displacing Yar'adua is the most imbecilic comment I've read so far. A man that was so cowardly as to be unable to control anything till the Governors and Legislators gave it to him on a plate?

Eternal spare part who some how made it to the highest seat in the land, spare part who conveniently happened to be in the right place at the right time - give me a break!!!
If he was so dispensable why wasnt he edged out by the hausa fulani oligarchy prior to him assuming office as acting president?

While having no shred of proof to back this up, I must conclude you are auditioning for a career in fiction writing. OBJ put Yardie there so he would die, so GEJ would take over and sell our reserves to the US not so? Everything must be a conspiracy to you - you can't simply accept the patent incompetence of the leaders you have - it must be some 'grand design' supporting your prurient conspiracy theories.

There is such a thing as being an accessory to a crime and this is what nigeria's politicians are - they are aiding and abetting western financial organisations in the whole sale plunder of nigeria and its natural resources, to argue that they are incompetent is to imply that their intentions are genuine but they simply are incapable of carrying out the job, my argument is that they are not even interested in doing anything positive for nigeria and its people, their sole objective is to collaborate with foreigners to rob us blind.

They received compensation from Shell to forestall further court action PRECISELY because of Saro Wiwa's execution. You would do well to read up on issues before concocting moronic theories.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/08/nigeria-usa

I dont think  you read the judges decision in this case, here is an excerpt of the presiding judges decision in Wiwa et al v Shell:

Chief Judge Dennis Jacobs and Judge Jose Cabranes said in a written ruling that the claims could not be allowed under the statute. They said the trial judge, who declined to dismiss some claims against Shell, should have thrown out all claims.

"We hold, under the precedents of the Supreme Court and our own Court over the past three decades, that in ATS(Alien Tort Statutes)  suits alleging violations of customary international law, the scope of liability -- who is liable for what -- is determined by customary international law itself," the ruling said.

It noted that no corporation has ever been subject to any form of civil or criminal liability under the international law of human rights.

"We hold that corporate liability is not a discernible -- much less universally recognized -- norm of customary international law that we may apply pursuant to the ATS.

"Accordingly, plaintiffs' ATS claims must be dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction,"

Judges in the US Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit in New York ruled that until the Supreme Court deemed otherwise, corporations could not be held liable in US courts for violations of international human rights law.

That should make it clear to you that multinational organisations are above the law and cannot be held liable for human rights violations.

If the west was behind this as you claim, how come the ONLY legal challenges to the actions of the oil companies is happening in the West?

Because despite the west's nefarious activities in africa, it is still the only place where a plaintiff is likely to receive some semblance of justice.

However there are limitations, and those limitations are likely to apply where the defendant is a powerful multinational coporation like Shell.

Also what person in their right mind would initiate legal proceedings against a corporation as powerful as shell in a country like nigeria and live to tell the story let alone secure any form of justice.

There is no grand conspiracy with GEJ as the figure head - it remains to be seen how much inroads the Chinese will make into Nigeria, but one thing is sure - they are getting established in Ghana, Angola and even Nigeria through Addax and SINOPEC. GEJ's position on whether to be US leaning or China leaning remains to be seen.

Fine , beleive what you want to beleive and continue to bury your head in the sand.  Nigeria's fate has already been predetermined by the nigerian elite and their puppet masters
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by netotse(m): 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2010
@cap28 and debosky
oya abeg e don do. . .
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by googles: 12:19am On Sep 27, 2010
looks like the whole GEJ family are on auction sales. . . .can i have a son pls

i really dont mind an ugly and razz mother-in-law all i need is one president's son

the better if its a buy one get one free sale tho' cheesy
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by keyiwon(m): 12:19am On Sep 27, 2010
Whats all this crap?! Will any1 on the forum do better than those leaders we have had over the years?
We all think being the president is 'moi-moi', wait till you get there!
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by 9ijaMan: 3:27am On Sep 27, 2010
keyiwon:

Whats all this crap?! Will any1 on the forum do better than those leaders we have had over the years?
We all think being the president is 'moi-moi', wait till you get there!

Being the president of 9ja is probably simpler than "moi-moi". The problem is to tackle corruption and not stupid rhetoric which have no action plan. GEJ talks to much but has not shown anything for it. His records of 11 years in government is nothing to write home about.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by debosky(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
@ cap

In the interest of preventing further 'derailment' we can continue this on a separate thread if you wish.

Will GEJ declare his assets before the elections take place? I think that is very unlikely - the Code of Conduct Bureau have received his asset declaration, BUT unless he willingly decides to do so or the law is changed to make such information publicly available, we won't know.

Another opportunity may arise if his opponents can muster a strong enough argument during the campaign, forcing GEJ to declare his assets. Some highly salacious rumours of corruption would have to emerge for this to happen, but, apart from a few rumours here and there, no smoking gun has emerged as yet.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
debosky:

@ cap

In the interest of preventing further 'derailment' we can continue this on a separate thread if you wish.

Will GEJ declare his assets before the elections take place? I think that is very unlikely - the Code of Conduct Bureau have received his asset declaration, BUT unless he willingly decides to do so or the law is changed to make such information publicly available, we won't know.

Another opportunity may arise if his opponents can muster a strong enough argument during the campaign, forcing GEJ to declare his assets. Some highly salacious rumours of corruption would have to emerge for this to happen, but, apart from a few rumours here and there, no smoking gun has emerged as yet.

we would love it i he would actually do so, maybe some of us who believe he is more of the same will be shamed to silence, though i sincerely doubt it
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by martinosi: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2010
cap28:

You sound like a casualty of a mind control programme with all this trash you keep coming out with.  Are you telling me that  that Rilwan Lukman could unilaterally come up with a bill and singlehandedly enact it without the commander in chief's authorisation?

really, so why was a $23 billion dollar deal btwn nigeria and china to build 3 oil refineries  signed up to and implemented shorlty before Yaradua's death?

You are a cynical dimwit, why would Yaradua risk his life for a few extra bits of change , why upset a 50 year relationship with shell and the american oil companies  when his life would be on the line, you are not making any sense.
Why can't you accept that Yaradua actually negotiated these deals in the interest of the nigerian people.

NNPC has a 60% stake in nigeria's oil revenues not 85% but lets not split hairs.
Nigeria's relationship with the western oil companies is extremely exploitative, they determine the price and they also impose economic policies on the nigerian economy designed to create poverty, unemployment and debt dependency.  They encourage massive borrowing by way of IMF and world bank loans which are designed to keep us on a downward spiral.

Eternal spare part who some how made it to the highest seat in the land, spare part who conveniently happened to be in the right place at the right time - give me a break!!!
If he was so dispensable why wasnt he edged out by the hausa fulani oligarchy prior to him assuming office as acting president?

There is such a thing as being an accessory to a crime and this is what nigeria's politicians are - they are aiding and abetting western financial organisations in the whole sale plunder of nigeria and its natural resources, to argue that they are incompetent is to imply that their intentions are genuine but they simply are incapable of carrying out the job, my argument is that they are not even interested in doing anything positive for nigeria and its people, their sole objective is to collaborate with foreigners to rob us blind.

I dont think  you read the judges decision in this case, here is an excerpt of the presiding judges decision in Wiwa et al v Shell:

Chief Judge Dennis Jacobs and Judge Jose Cabranes said in a written ruling that the claims could not be allowed under the statute. They said the trial judge, who declined to dismiss some claims against Shell, should have thrown out all claims.

"We hold, under the precedents of the Supreme Court and our own Court over the past three decades, that in ATS(Alien Tort Statutes)  suits alleging violations of customary international law, the scope of liability -- who is liable for what -- is determined by customary international law itself," the ruling said.

It noted that no corporation has ever been subject to any form of civil or criminal liability under the international law of human rights.

"We hold that corporate liability is not a discernible -- much less universally recognized -- norm of customary international law that we may apply pursuant to the ATS.

"Accordingly, plaintiffs' ATS claims must be dismissed for lack of subject matter jurisdiction,"

Judges in the US Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit in New York ruled that until the Supreme Court deemed otherwise, corporations could not be held liable in US courts for violations of international human rights law.

That should make it clear to you that multinational organisations are above the law and cannot be held liable for human rights violations.

Because despite the west's nefarious activities in africa, it is still the only place where a plaintiff is likely to receive some semblance of justice.

However there are limitations, and those limitations are likely to apply where the defendant is a powerful multinational coporation like Shell.

Also what person in their right mind would initiate legal proceedings against a corporation as powerful as shell in a country like nigeria and live to tell the story let alone secure any form of justice.

Fine , beleive what you want to beleive and continue to bury your head in the sand.  Nigeria's fate has already been predetermined by the nigerian elite and their puppet masters

FOR REAL CANT U PEOPLE RESPECT SOMEONE LIKE CAP28, ? U PEOPLE CANT
DISCERN EXPERIENCE & WISDOM IF IT HIT U IN THA FACE!!!
WHEN THIS GUYS POST HIS OPINION I JUST READ AND LEARN AS HE DEFINITLEY KNOWS ALOT THAT WE DONT KNOW OR CAN LEARN FROM!!!

IGNORANT POSTERS WILL BE ARGUING BLINDLY AGAINST HIM, NOT KNOWING THAT THIS GUY COULD BE WELL RESPECTED DR, LAWYER, ENGINEER ETC, DONT LET THE INTERNT FOOL U,

SOME PEOPLE IN THE KNOW POST THINGS HERE, SO JUST KICK BACK, READ AND LEARN FOR A CHANGE!!!
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by netotse(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
debosky:

@ cap

oyb:

we would love it i he would actually do so, maybe some of us who believe he is more of the same will be shamed to silence, though i sincerely doubt it

if a site as big as NL can actually get it's act together we could actually for GEJ to declare his assets, na just to dey bombard all the media outlets with emails,
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
netotse:

if a site as big as NL can actually get it's act together we could actually for GEJ to declare his assets, na just to dey bombard all the media outlets with emails,

i'm very sure plenty of journalist come nl for material
sooner or later, the clarion call will start smiley
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Oyb, keep up the good work. Hopefully, we will get an answer to this before the elections . . . lol
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Oyb, keep up the good work. Hopefully, we will get an answer to this before the elections . . . lol

thanks smiley
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 28, 2010
bump tongue
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Kilode1: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2010
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

Preventive Officer, Dept. of Customs & Excise 1975 – 1977, Science Inspector of Education Rivers State Ministry of Education, Port Harcourt 1982 – 1983, Lecturer, Dept. of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt 1983 – 1993, Assistant Director, (Ecology)/ Head Sub – Dept. of Environment Protection, Ompadec 1993 – 1998, Deputy Governor, Bayelsa State from May 1999 -  2005 & Governor Bayelsa State from May 2005 to date.

OMPADEC? Ok, that might explain a few of the millions wink

I still maintain that the winner of this election will be determined by the owners of Nigeria (Big Oil).  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / Two Babies Delivered At Furore IDP Camp In Yola (photos) / Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.