Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) (41877 Views)

Tinubu Receives Briefing In France Ahead Of Paris Summit (Video/Photos) / Buhari Surmons All Service Chiefs Presides Over Security Briefing / Army GOC Presents Christmas Gifts To Idps In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by henryhemon(m): 8:33am On May 18, 2019
AmazingELixir:

What exactly are you saying Mr man, what better place to drop the bombshell if not in a state security meeting.

Bias and sentiment has clouded your judgement and blinded you on both eyes.

I told him already, there's no one more stupid in the world than he is, let him be blindly by hate n continue to wallow in his folly.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by henryhemon(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2019
ehissi:

On the contrary you are one who isn't educated on the subject nor the military workplace/environment.........

Common minister of state for defence will cage a GOC not to talk of a sitting governor.

Outside the realms of what is Top-secret - which is the exclusive domain of the commander-in-chief - in the hierarchy of the different levels/category of state secrets, Minister of state for defence, Minister of defence, Chairmen of house commitees on armed forces, defence or army of the senate; ONSA, CDS can summon a GOC and ask serious questions concerning security issues and will get prompt answers.......

In fact there is no VSO or PSO that doesn't have the direct number of these all senators from their constituency as a matter of political security where their career is concerned.

No right thinking GOC wants to have fracas with any local traditional ruler, not to talk of a sitting governor, because you never can tell when it will come back to bite you in the ass.

I am aware of instances where Traditional rulers swiftly facilitated the premature retirement of Generals, not to talk of a sitting governor - a greater than a traditional ruler, that even gives them staff of office - who is asking pertinent questions on security issues in his domain.....

Guy no just think am......

And before you start to quote me and talk about impractical possibilities and impossibilities, look for a serving Military personnel who is an officer around you and ask the person what "The General Idea" and "The Standard" means first, then re-read my post again and learn

Leave that dude, I was in the north east one time, it was past curfew time and usually soldiers arrest or send you back to wherever you re coming from and the roads are blocked once it curfew time. shehu of Borno was passing by n the soldiers told him it was past curfew time n failed to recognise him which was the right thing to do o, the next morning soldiers were chased out of the city centre n sent to the outskirts of the city.

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by ginovera: 8:47am On May 18, 2019
iammo:

carefully read my post post and remove all sentiment and stupidity from your mind before misrepresenting my words my comment specifically targeted wike with the line someone like "wike" in my opening line but for some reason you skipped it

My friend take a chill pill..your argument is totally deflated. Alas! your share sentimental stupidity and your knack to foolishly stay relevant by your blind support to anything that is evil is legendary. Take a break and re-compass your mindset sir! sad
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Kulas: 9:00am On May 18, 2019
I love Wike to the core .Fearless and courageous Wike.

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by gbishman: 9:08am On May 18, 2019
Why now after election?

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by GEEBITE: 9:08am On May 18, 2019
I must have overrated you opinion wise.Becoming a GOC is a career progression,while lawyers too have their own zenith.How can you say a man that has been chairman of local govt, chief of staff to a governor,minister and now a governor can not sit and discuss with a GOC.Fyi,my sis is a wife of a serving general and anytime he comes around here,all my friends that are even much younger than me take him out and they have good time.I guess you must have gone to a command sec school or NMS where you see your commandant as lord and saviour. GOC is a man like you,dont be an unfortunate low self esteem man.
iammo:

If not for politics, someone like wike cant seat close to a GOC not to even talk of talking like an urchin about one. Only the Comander In chief has such authority to summon a commander for questioning or levying an allegation on him, But as Nigeria is Banana republic and the Rascal Governors have Imuinity from prosecution, the can defame or assasinate a Generals character and go scott free.

why cant a lawyer like wike approach the aporpraite authority instead of this noise making, when the GOC accussed Wike of offering him bribe, he made available the audio conversation to back his claims

just imagine a Commander from Rivers state posted to Kaduna been lambasted by El Rufai and even been accused without evidence or proof ,

and to the barbarians Qouting me up and down

before disgracing your family and your education, pick up a copy of Nigeria's Constituition.. bunch of uneducated ranting fools

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria

read up laws guiding the conduct of a Governor,

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Koga51: 10:21am On May 18, 2019
iammo:

If not for your sheer lack of sense, or lack of quality education or lack of both. you would understand that only the Comander in Cheif of Armed forces has such authority has a Political public office holder, the only thing stoping the GOC from suing wike for defamation of character is Imuinity from prosecution clause that he enjoys
Gov. Wike who is a lawyer will not come out with this allegations without watertight evidence or proof backing this allegations
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by godlyguy(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2019
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 10:28am On May 18, 2019
Im not surprised that he uttered those words, he is a known gangster and kingpin of cultists, kidnappers and hired assasins.

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by DaSmite(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That guy no get sense. I wish Buhari can declare state of emergency in rivers state.

You never disappoint when it comes to being STUPID!
Just like all the other empty-headed "advocates" surrounding our unfortunate sham of a leader.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by obayaya(m): 11:23am On May 18, 2019
iammo:

First thing first, a state governor dont have the power to summon an army chief, an army chief has a line of opreational command which reports directly to the defense head quaters Abuja. if you are in doubt of this, you can read about Ortom and Tambuwals helplessness when confronted with secuirity challenges and they had intel of an impending attack. Protocol of a meeting with the governor in attendance as a host requires everyone to be on their feet when he enters.

The state governor is the Chief Security officer of a state. He cordinates all the security agencies in the State.

And Yes, He can summon all the security chiefs in his state. And the GOC must stand and Salute the governor when he enters the room.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Theboss100(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That guy no get sense. I wish Buhari can declare state of emergency in rivers state.
Shut Up U Skunk. State Of Emergency In My State! Say Wetin Happen? Re U Mad?

Amadioha Pls Stop Putting My Call On Hold. I Will Surprise U O. Just Pick U Calls Pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by ubeh1(m): 1:20pm On May 18, 2019
Wow is calling Wike names, dnt you know that a state Governor is the number 1 Chief Security Officer of the state?
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Balito(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Ogun visit you there....the term Mr. Projects was coined by who..
Agbaya

lolz ...i can see Wike has taught you that in other to connvey your opinion about an issue to another individual of different opinion you must insult that person.

if GOC is involved in bunkry i wonder the people buying the illegal processed fuel from him . and y the governor had not put a stop to it untill after they had a major miss understanding at the elections.

BIG BURIAL POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by BuhariAdvocate: 3:48pm On May 18, 2019
Theboss100:
Shut Up U Skunk. State Of Emergency In My State! Say Wetin Happen? Re U Mad?

Amadioha Pls Stop Putting My Call On Hold. I Will Surprise U O. Just Pick U Calls Pls
https://www.nairaland.com/5194059/operation-shut-rivers-state-down#78487186
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 3:53pm On May 18, 2019
Balito:

lolz ...i can see Wike has taught you that in other to connvey your opinion about an issue to another individual of different opinion you must insult that person.

if GOC is involved in bunkry i wonder the people buying the illegal processed fuel from him . and y the governor had not put a stop to it untill after they had a major miss understanding at the elections.

BIG BURIAL POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK.

undecided

Does the so called misunderstanding excuse the fact that the GOC is involved in illegal oil bunkery or has your bias also blinded you to other projects executed by the governor which you have so surreptitiously omitted so you can pick on the roundabout to castigate?

I detest toxic hypocrites like you.

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Balito(m): 4:03pm On May 18, 2019
AmazingELixir:

undecided

Does the so called misunderstanding excuse the fact that the GOC is involved in illegal oil bunkery or has your bias also blinded you to other projects executed by the governor which you have so surreptitiously omitted so you can pick on the roundabout to castigate?

I detest toxic hypocrites like you.

ahhh sorry i forgot neighbourhood watch....
and 1 million nija youths

if you remember some pls do well to list them.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by mercenary: 12:13am On May 19, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Buhari no get that kind liver... You think Rivers state is Kwara or Ondo where anything goes?

The major oil thieves in the ND are the Nigerian Army and fools like you see nothing wrong with it.
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by mercenary: 12:19am On May 19, 2019
iammo:

If not for politics, someone like wike cant seat close to a GOC not to even talk of talking like an urchin about one. Only the Comander In chief has such authority to summon a commander for questioning or levying an allegation on him, But as Nigeria is Banana republic and the Rascal Governors have Imuinity from prosecution, the can defame or assasinate a Generals character and go scott free.

why cant a lawyer like wike approach the aporpraite authority instead of this noise making, when the GOC accussed Wike of offering him bribe, he made available the audio conversation to back his claims

just imagine a Commander from Rivers state posted to Kaduna been lambasted by El Rufai and even been accused without evidence or proof ,

before disgracing your family and your education, pick up a copy of Nigeria's Constituition.. bunch of uneducated ranting fools

If not for the ethnic sentiment illiterates and incompetent thieves wont have any business being GOC or any business in our beloved Niger Delta
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Balito(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2019
Wike Offered Me Billions Of Naira To Rig 2019 Elections In Rivers - Army GOC
dailyadvent.com May 21, 2019 4:13 PM
Exposed! Wike Offered Me Billions Of Naira To Rig 2019 Elections In Rivers, Army GOC Reveals… See Shocking Details
Maj.-Gen. Jamil Sarham, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 6 Division, Nigerian Army, has disclosed that the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, offered him bribe amounting to billions of Naira to rig the 2019 governorship election in Rivers State.

The high ranking military personnel who doubles as the Land Component Commander of Operation Delta Safe, disclosed that the number one citizen in Rivers State offered to pay him billions of naira to manipulate the 2019 general elections in Rivers State held on February 23 and March 9.

The Major-General disclosed that the allegation by Governor Wike that he was involved in criminal activities like illegal oil bunkering and exposing the proceedings of the State Security Council meetings to criminals gangs in Rivers state is laughable.

The statement reads below

“Wike’s resentment against me is based on my choice of professionalism and integrity over the billions of naira offered me by the Rivers State Governor to compromise the 2019 general elections.

“My refusal to be bought over and the rejection of the hefty offer is the genesis of Wike’s hatred and vociferous criticisms of me.

“Although, the Nigerian Army does not wish to take issues with the Rivers State Governor, yet it is important to strongly state that the allegations are false and figment of Governor Wike’s imagination. It is a deliberate effort to tarnish the towering image of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, and the GOC, 6 Division, Nigerian Army.
Image result for Maj.-Gen. Jamil Sarham,
“Needless to say that in response to many accusations against the 6 Division, already some responsible good individuals and groups in Nigeria have exposed the antics of Governor Wike against the leadership of the 6 Division and the Nigerian Army.

“It is imperative to state that the campaign of calumny against Maj.-Gen. Sarham and the Nigerian Army’s leadership by Governor Wike did not start today. On 22nd February, 2019, Governor Wike brazenly alleged that there was an attempt to exterminate his life by assassins organised by the GOC, 6 Division. As weighty as the allegation was, we are yet to know any action taken by Mr. Wike that guarantees his safety. Mr. Wike has since failed to use civilised legitimate options to prove his allegations against Maj.-Gen. Sarham.
Image result for Elections in Rivers
“On the mischievous accusation against Maj.-Gen. Sarham of leaking proceedings of State Security Council meetings to criminals in Rivers State, Mr. Wike knows well that Maj.-Gen. Sarham is not a member of the Rivers State Security Council, neither has he ever approached the gates of Rivers State Government House, since his assumption of office as the GOC, 6 Division. Mr. Wike only came face to face with Maj.-Gen. Sarham on the 15th of January, 2019, during the 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day parade at Isaac Boro Park, Port Harcourt.
“The Nigerian Army wishes to challenge Wike to provide the public with any evidence of such meetings, with Maj.-Gen. Sarham in attendance. Wike’s allegation against Maj.-Gen. Sarham’s selfish involvement in illegal oil bunkering is another reckless, spurious and mischievous accusation.
Hence, Headquarters of 6 Division wishes to request the Rivers Governor to take the most civilised way of putting up a petition to the relevant authorities, to make a point.”
SOURCE: DAILYPOST

What do you think about this story ? Share your views below

Open Opera News to see comments
Offline reading without Internet. Download 1000+ news in just 10 seconds.
Report a problem
dislike
dislike
COPY SUCCESS
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by tomdon(m): 12:51am On May 24, 2019
iammo:

Are you so foolish to think that a man of wike's calibre will be so naive as not to have solid proof before making such grave allegations
If not for politics, those filthy soldiers ought to be not only be stripped of their noble uniforms but locked up behind bars.
You are so stupid to think of the officers as being above the governor. Twehh

1 Like

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by tomdon(m): 12:53am On May 24, 2019
id911:

There's nothing to investigate...majority of the military officers in the Niger Delta are engaged in Oil bunkering. They steal Oil and sell in the high sea and all Niger Delta Governors are aware but most of them can't speak out because they are renowned cowards except Wike.

If you know the kind of flamboyant lifestyle these soldiers in the Niger Delta are living eh, it would baffle you

Efcc ought to investigate such colossal fraud
Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Themandator: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2019
Over sabi without knowing anything.... Commander in chief will summon an ordinary GOC.... Who will COAS summon? If the President starts summoning GOCs when will have the time to or have the need for a COAS

Una go come online dey display una ignorance like flag of honour.... A man in the capacity of CSO is voicing his frustration with the main player in the security sector, ignoramus like you dey think say he get sensible opinion to add... You think say him never complain for the appropriate quarters before going public...full

Big full without common sense , have you ever seen a video of Mr. President spesking with a GOC, in the villa? Ekpa

iammo:

Re: Wike Berates Army GOC During Security Briefing In Rivers State (Photos) by Alejobs: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2019
We can make a difference with just a smile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Omosede Igbinedion Meets Yasmina, Ivory Coast's Youngest Female Lawmaker / If Buhari Is Declared Dead, Plan Is For Osinbajo To Appoint El-Rufai As VP - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.