Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) (14768 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Three (by Kayode Odusanya) / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / Life Of A Shy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:57pm On May 19, 2019
Hello guys. I am back with the second part of The Diary of a Shy College Kid- Year 2. As I said earlier, there are going to be four parts. Each part will be about 20,000 words, with 15-20 chapters. The last one was exactly 20,821 words.

Okay, time to kick things off with a short chapter 1.

This is the link to the first part if you haven't read it- https://www.nairaland.com/4960053/diary-shy-college-kid-year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:57pm On May 19, 2019
Chapter 1: Year 2 Begins

My second year at university of Lagos was the most interesting times I had on campus. Year two was nothing like year one. The holiday between was long and people had enough time to upgrade. Girls that used to dress modestly changed their whole wardrobe; from clothes that covered their whole body to body revealing dresses. At least seventy percent of us now had mobile phones now, and a lot of guys had gotten cars; some pimped up their dad’s old cars, and others bought cars of their own. My friend, Sope had gotten a blue old school Nissan. It wasn’t so fancy, but we fixed a solid sound system in the car.

As usual, Sope and I got a room together; it was at a hall called Jaja, not too far from the female hall, Moremi. Not that that meant anything anyway, as I had already made up my mind to focus on only one thing this session- my books. I had to replace the constant urge I had for the companionship of a woman with something, so I found the bottle. We had a routine; go to class in the morning, come back to the hall to eat and shower, then go to class to read for a few hours, before heading out to the bar in Sope’s blue car. Beer was cheap…one hundred Naira for Larger beer, and one hundred and seventy Naira for my brand, big Guinness Stout. It was a constant cycle we kept going the whole session. I always had something to look out for at the end of the day, so it kept me focused. And it worked. I had my very best results in those two semesters of my second year in University of Lagos.

My department was fuller, as a lot of Diploma students had joined us- at least fifteen of them. Also, a few people transferred from engineering faculty. It just so happened that one of the girls that joined us from Diploma was the light skinned girl I had seen at Debbie’s room the first time I went to see her. The girl had a yummy yellow complexion, dreamy eyes, and had the right curves in all the right places. I hadn’t recognized her at first on the first day of first semester year two when she walked up to ask about the time table. But when I saw her talking to Debbie later on, it clicked. She had a very warm demeanor, and it had an effect on me. I would have asked her out if I didn’t have bad grades and had vowed to stay away from females for as long as I could. She had a circle of friends; they were five in total. Sope and I used to call them labella mafia because of how close-knit they were. I bounded with one of them over our mutual love for music, and as an extension, became friends with a few of the other members of the labella mafia.

The guys from Diploma were cool dudes; they dressed fly, and had cool cars. Most of them kept to themselves and never really mingled. The guys that transferred from engineering were cool, lay back guys that had seen years of Unilag’s fast life. They had transferred to my department because of bad grades. Most would have probably been in their fifth year, but had to begin at year two with us. I ended up making friends with a lot of them after finding out one of them was an old friend of my brother. I would eventually be in a clique with the engineering boys and some other of my course mates. The clique was called D12- dirty dozen. We were twelve guys that had become blind to the flashy lifestyle on campus. We would hangout after classes to talk about movies, music, and the world in general.

The combination of the various individual characters and cliques in my department made year two one of the most memorable years for me in the University of Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by FantasticJ: 9:02pm On May 19, 2019
Well done bro. I wanna take this moment to appreciate you. You are not like those people that never complete their stories. Always giving one excuse or another.

Kudos to you

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:30pm On May 19, 2019
FantasticJ:
Well done bro. I wanna take this moment to appreciate you. You are not like those people that never complete their stories. Always giving one excuse or another.

Kudos to you

grin

Thanks for the comment.
Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 10:55pm On May 19, 2019
following sir Kayo80... been waiting for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2019
Chapter 2: The Moremi Hall Midnight Incidence

My room in Jaja wall was one of the biggest and it had the most people in it. There were four corners with about a dozen of us total in there- three in each corner. Sope, and I had the corner close to the window overlooking Jaja car park. We shared the corner with a guy called Gaddafi. I never got to know how he got that nickname, as he didn’t have any qualities of Gaddafi that I knew of. All I remember about him was that he always had one story or the other to tell.

The other guys in the rooms were in year three, or in their finals. Most of them were womanizers, and would have multiple girls over every day. That didn’t help with my vow to stay away from women. There was one particular guy called Alhaji that had a new girl over every single day. He carved out a small corner out of the corner he shared with his friends just so he could have some privacy. It was so small it could only take a small sized mattress like the type secondary school students used, but still, he had girls over on a daily. He would come over with them after lectures. I would hear them talk for a while, and then they would go silent. I used to always wonder how it was possible for a man to have sex every day and not breakdown at a point. Instead of looking warn out from all that sex, Alhaji always looked healthy, with his chubby cheeks and shiny bald head. It was almost like he sucked the life out of those girls.

The room had four corners- two on the right, and two to the left. Alhaji’s corner was by the room entrance on the left, while mine was at the back on the same left side. Next to mine at the rear end of the room was a corner occupied by Modus and his two friends. Modus used to always find a way of fixing in the term ‘modus operandi’ into his sentences whenever he bragged about getting girls, so people just started calling him Modus. He was another womanizer. The funny thing about him was that he didn’t even dress that good. He would most times be in jeans and singlet, walking around Jaja hall and talking to this person and that person. Dressed like that, he would approach girls passing by Jaja hall, and after some minutes of talking to them, they would walk with him back to our room. He was about 6 feet tall, dark skinned, and good looking. He used these qualities to his advantage without even trying.

Sope and I were closer to Modus than all the other guys in the room. He had a TV and DVD player in his corner, and we would go there to watch movies. I remember watching the movie Wild Things there and how blown away we were at how complicated the plot of the crime mystery was.

One day after lectures, and our afternoon reading session, Sope and I got back to see him with two strangers in his corner. They were passing around a bottle of Dark Sailor rum while they talked with loud voices. We went over to join them, and Modus introduced them as Paul, and Peter. Paul was his cousin, and he was the taller one with a build like Modus. The short, loud guy was Peter, Paul’s friend.
After passing around the bottle of rum with them for a couple of minutes, Modus said he wanted us to go to a bar just outside campus called Hosias. We were to leave in 5 minutes, and I rushed down to the shopping complex opposite our hall. I didn’t like drinking on an empty stomach, so I went over to a canteen to eat fufu and Okro soup. When I got back, I didn’t meet anyone in Modus’ corner. I looked out the window, and didn’t see Sope’s blue Nissan. I didn’t want to believe they had left without me. I couldn’t totally blame them, as I hadn’t told anyone before leaving to eat. But I didn’t think Sope would leave without me. I hadn’t gotten a phone at the time, so there was no way I could be reached. I knew where they were headed, and although it wasn’t far, it would take me a cab to school to get there. I wasn’t in the mood for that, so I just turned on the sound system and listened to music till I fell asleep.

Familiar voices in the room woke me up a while later. I stretched, rubbed my eyes and checked the time. It was fifteen minutes to midnight and everywhere was quiet. I got up and walked over to Modus’ corner to see Sope with Modus and his cousin Paul looking worried. They apologized for leaving me behind before telling me the other guy I had seen earlier was missing. They had stopped by Art Faculty on their way back from the bar to get coke from the vending machine when the guy disappeared.

As we sat down to think of where Peter could be, I got to know that Paul and Peter had actually travelled down from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ife. Even though I thought the question was funny, I asked Paul if he knew my friend that attended his school, Fola Fashola. He didn’t answer me, but asked for my name. When I told him, his jaw dropped. Apparently, my friend, Fola was his closest friend in OAU, and Fola had even written my name on a piece of paper and asked him to look for me when he got to Unilag. He wasn’t planning to ask around for me, because he thought it would be a fruitless attempt in a big school like University of Lagos. But he ended up staying in my room; a funny coincidence.

We were still discussing the funny coincidence when one of our roommates came in the door talking about a guy running around Moremi, the female hall close to us. We looked at each other, and without saying a word, we ran out of the room.

There was a small crowd outside Moremi hall when we got there. Most of the people were laughing and talking about a guy asking the girls in Moremi for love. He had been captured a few times by the hostel security, but always found a way to wiggle out of their grip. From the description we were given, we confirmed it was Peter. We convinced one of the security men to allow us go in and get him, and I was surprised to see the girls cheering Peter on as we walked in. I couldn’t see him, but could hear his voice as he professed his love to the girls. To them, he was a form of entertainment, not a threat. Well, Peter was 5ft5 and weighed about 55kg, so they couldn’t have been that scared of him. And they must have also guessed that he was drunk.

He was happy to see us, and came out from where he had been hiding to the centre of the quadrangle where we were. He started telling us about all the girls he had met that night, and even wanted to introduce them to us. We lied to him that we already got him a beautiful girl and that she was waiting for him in our room. His face lit up and he followed us. The girls echoed ‘aw’ as we walked him out. They really were enjoying the show.

We were just about to step out when I heard my name. I looked up to where the voice had come from and then I heard someone call out ‘K’ from another angle, and then another person from another angle, and then another angle, till about a dozen girls were calling my name. I didn’t think I knew that many girls in Moremi. It was too dark to make out faces, so I kept walking.

We were lucky the porter was someone Sope knew, so he let us leave without too much stress. The school security came to the scene five minutes later, but we were long gone by then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 20, 2019
Was peter drunk or high on coke

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ojusco(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2019
This is good Thanks Op.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 10:08pm On May 20, 2019
Boss Kayo is back and better

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Olabantu(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2019
Good one man...always enjoying back to back... Oya accelerate...floor the gas man

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Odoogu(m): 2:33pm On May 21, 2019
grin grin grin thumbs �

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2019
Chapter 3: The Girl Called Blue

After the Moremi hall incidence, Sope and I got even closer to Modus. We would go to his corner and analyze movies with him on weekends. Modus had many girls coming over, but there was one that came over more than the rest. Her name was Blue, and Modus didn’t necessarily like her. He treated her with no respect or regard, but she wouldn’t leave him.

Facially, Blue was a plain Jane. She was brown skinned, about 5ft4, slender, and a bit busty. She was a very quiet person, and her dress sense was dull. Modus had met her on a drunken night, and after waking up next to her the next morning, he regretted his move. But he had laid so much game on her the night before that Blue had instantly fallen in love with him, and never wanted to leave his side again.
No matter what he did, she kept coming back. He would talk dirty on the phone with other girls while she was there, she didn’t care. He would out at her at any given opportunity, she wouldn’t get angry. He would even get a girl over and ask her to excuse him, and she would go, but come back at night.. He would turn off his phone for hours to avoid her calls, and the moment he turned it on, the first call that would come in would be from her.

One day, someone dropped Blue off at Jaja hall in a red VW Golf 3. It was a big deal for a student to be driving that car at the time, and when Modus asked her who it was, she said it was her younger sister. Our eyes popped out. We were all shocked that she had a younger sister that drove such a fancy car on campus. With further query, Modus found out that Blue was actually from a wealthy family. He immediately started scheming on his next move.

The next time she came around, he didn’t speak to her and pretended to be sad. It was unlike Modus, so she asked him what was wrong. He lied to her that he had gotten into trouble with cult members and needed some money to get out of it. She asked him how much, and he told her twelve thousand Naira. This was 2003, and that money was a lot for a student. He thought she would find it hard to come up with the money and he would use the opportunity to scare her away. Or, she would find a way to come with the money, and he would turn her to his walking ATM.

All she said that day was she would see what she could do. We didn’t see her for almost 24 hours. When she appeared the next day at night, she was with the twelve thousand Naira in mint five hundred Naira notes. That was the beginning of the scams Modus ran on Blue. I had a feeling she got to know he was lying later, but she kept giving him money. As long as he was giving her the attention she craved, she was cool with the lies. That was how low her self-esteem was.

Sope and I watched the whole thing from afar and started feeling pity for Blue after a while when Modus kept treating her like thrash, even with all the money she was giving him. There was a night Modus went clubbing with her and got her tipsy. She started giving him a Mouth Action at the back seat of his friend’s car on the way back, and when he was tired of it, he moved aside for his friend get a Mouth Action from her too. She was so out of it she didn’t even know it was no longer Modus by her side. They joked about it in the room, and I didn’t like it at all. Sope was sort of like a player too, but he also felt bad about how Modus was treating the girl.

With time, she started coming over to our corner after Modus would lash out at her. At this point, she had run out cash from where ever she had been getting it, and Modus didn’t really have any need for her again. So he didn’t care when she started getting really close to Sope.
At first, I believed Sope just wanted to console her, but then as the girl was a nymphomaniac, they started having sex. And from there, they started dating. As much as I felt good that she was no longer being maltreated by Modus, I didn’t totally like the idea of her and Sope dating. It just felt awkward, because she used to be with someone in the same room with us. Also, I didn’t like that she came and disrupted the whole daily reading routine Sope and I had. She was very clingy, and was by his side almost every day after lectures. We couldn’t go and read together like before, or go to our favorite bar after reading.

There was a particular night we were about to head out to drink when she showed up. Sope told me she just came to get something and would leave in a few minutes. A few minutes turned to an hour. When she finally left, I was so pissed off and didn’t even speak to Sope. We just got in the car and headed to the bar in silence. I was behind the wheel; I drove from Jaja hall, passed by Moreni hall, and took the left turn heading towards the school gate. Everything was smooth, till I applied the car breaks and it failed. I pumped it again and again, nothing. I panicked as there was a car in front of me, and I was going to hit it any second. With adrenaline pumping in my blood, the only thing I could think of was to swerve to the left. I ran into the road median, and after knocking out about half a dozen of the black and white concrete cubes used as road divider, the car came to a halt.

Still not speaking, we came out to access the damage done to the car. It wasn’t much; just a few dents here and there. We were lucky the exhaust pipe didn’t get punctured. Sope got the brake fluid out of the car boot, and with very few words exchanged, we worked on building back the car breaks. I was behind the wheel, pumping the break pad while he poured in the brake fluid into the brake fluid reservoir. The breaks went back to normal after a few minutes of work.

The zeal to head on to the bar was gone after that, so we drove back to the hostel. I went to bed mad at Blue, little did I know that I would end up getting intimately involved with her ten years later.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2019
You sef still kan date am......lol

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by jbblues24(m): 4:20am On May 24, 2019
This shot has navigated right into my heart.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by FantasticJ: 7:35am On May 24, 2019
OP, what's up.

Have you gone ......?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2019
FantasticJ:
OP, what's up.

Have you gone ......?

I'm cool. I plan to be posting 3-4 chapters a week. This is the scehedule i can work with...I have posted 3 chapters for this week, so till monday again. Man has to hustle.
Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by FantasticJ: 8:05pm On May 24, 2019
kayo80:

I'm cool. I plan to be posting 3-4 chapters a week. This is the scehedule i can work with...I have posted 3 chapters for this week, so till monday again. Man has to hustle.

Alright then.

Go Hustle!!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 7:36am On May 25, 2019
nawa for the protagonist...

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2019
Chapter 4: My First Kiss (Part 1)

I had my first kiss when I was 21 years old, during a party at the end first semester, year two. It was with a girl from my past called Dumebi. Dumebi and I had attended the same tutorial centre while preparing for JAMB examination a few years before I got into the University of Lagos. Actually she wasn’t really my friend at the time, her half sister was.

Dumebi was a shy light skinned beauty that sat quietly at the front row of the class, and left as soon as the last class was over. Her half-sister, Ejiro on the other hand was an extrovert that was friendly with all the boys. Ejiro had a friend called Grace my friend Fola was crushing on back then, and Fola and I would always walk them home after classes. Even though I had my eye on Dumebi, I was always mostly with Ejiro to help my friend get some alone time with Grace, so I never really got a chance to talk to Dumebi.
Along the line, we found out Ejiro and Dumebi had an elder sister that was in the same university with my elder sister. Not only were they in the same school, they were best friends. We then started visiting Ejiro at home with the pretense of delivering messages from my sister to their sister without their parents thinking otherwise. And Grace’s parents were strict, but she was always allowed to visit her friend, Ejiro. They never knew the real persons she always went there to see was Fola.

We started getting into school one after the other, as time went on and the whole friendship fizzled out. One weekend during my visit home in my year 2, I drove my sister to the market and on our way back home she said she wanted to make a quick stop at her friend’s house. She gave me directions, and I didn’t know where we were going to till we ended up at Dumebi’s house.
I turned off the car engine, and waited while my sister went into the house. She had told me she would be real quick, so I thought there was no use going in with her. Some seconds after she went in, the house gate swung open and I saw Dumebi step out. She looked here and there till she saw the red Mercedes Benz I was in and a big smile appeared on her face. Dumebi had blossomed like a flower. The blue tank top she had on clung to her busty upper body and the white shorts she was wearing exposed thick, yellow laps. She was like a totally different person.
I was frozen in my seat just looking at her as she approached the car. She opened the front passenger door enthusiastically and got in with me. “Wow! Kunle, I can’t believe it. It’s been ages.” She said, so happy to see me.
“Yea, it’s really been a while. Wow!” I said, looking at her from top to bottom, still not believing how much she had changed; both physically and in her mannerisms.
She giggled a little at the way I starred at her and nudged me before saying, “Why didn’t you come in?”
“I thought…I thought you would be in school or something.” I said and cleared my throat.
“Well, I am in Law School now; Victoria Island law school. I just came home to get some things.”

“Oh! Okay.” I said as my mind traveled. I couldn’t believe she was already in law school.
“How is Lag? I know you have a lot of girlfriends right now.” She said and laughed lightly. I didn’t say anything back, and she went on to say, “Tony always tells me he sees you every now and then.”
“Yeah, our faculties aren’t too far apart.” I answered. Tony was her elder brother, but was also my friend from the neighborhood. I was lost in thought for a second, thinking of what she had said about being in law school. It meant she had spent at least five years in the higher institution, and I was just in my second year.
I turned to look at her and I saw her staring at me, smiling so strangely. I thought she would look away but she kept the gaze, till I looked away. She laughed a little before saying, “It’s really funny.”
“What? What’s really funny?” I asked her with a curious look on my face.
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry.” She said and looked out the window.
“No way, you have to tell me.”
She was quiet for a few seconds before going on to say, “It’s funny that I used to have a huge crush for you back in the day.”
“Are you serious?” I said and looked at her intensely. “You had a crush on me? What about now?” I asked with a smile on my face.
“The crush has turned to Fanta.” She said and laughed.
I joined her in laughing after I got the joke. I almost didn’t catch her play on words. The car got quiet after we stopped laughing, and I asked her, “So I’m not fine again?”
“I didn’t say that. I just said the crush has turned to Fanta.” She said and laughed a little again. Just then, my sister came out of the house with her sister. “Okay. I got to go now. I was actually cooking inside.” She said and tapped my shoulder before opening the car door. She was about to step out of the car when I grabbed her arm. “Wait. Let me have your phone number.” I had gotten a Nokia 1100 at the time. I pulled out the slim phone from my jeans pocket and handed it over to her. After typing in her number and handing me back the phone, she leaned in slowly and for a second, I thought she was going to kiss me on the cheek. But she whispered in my ear “you’re still handsome,” before getting out of the car.

I watched her walk away as I felt butterflies in my stomach. She stopped to greet my sister briefly and then turned around by her house gate to give me one last smile before she went in.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by carloz685(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2019
kayo80:

Chapter 4: My First Kiss: Part 1

I had my first kiss when I was 21 years old, during a party at the end first semester, year two. It was with a girl from my past called Dumebi. Dumedi and I had attended the same tutorial centre while preparing for Jamb a few years before I got into the university of Lagos. Actually she wasn’t really my friend at the time, her half sister was.

Dumebi was shy light skinned beauty that sat quietly at the front row of the class, and left as soon as the last class was over. Her half-sister, Ejiro on the other hand was an extrovert that was friendly with all the boys. Ejiro had a friend called Grace my friend Fola was crushing on back then, and Fola and I would always walk them home after classes. Even though I had my eye on Dumebi, I was always mostly with Ejiro to help my friend get some alone time with Grace, so I never really got a chance to talk to Dumebi.

Along the line, we found out Ejiro and Dumebi had an elder sister that was in the same university with my elder sister. Not only were they in the same school, they were best friends. We then started visiting Ejiro at home with the pretense of delivering messages from her sister without their parents thinking otherwise. And Grace’s parents were strict, but she was always allowed to visit her friend, Ejiro. They never knew the real persons she always went there to see was my friend, Fola- It was a well executed plan for a bunch of 16 year olds.

We started getting into school one an after the other, as time went on and the whole friendship fizzled away. One weekend during my visit home in my year 2, I drove my sister to the market and on our way back home, she said she wanted to make a quick stop at her friend’s house. She gave me directions, and I didn’t know where we were going to till we ended up at Dumebi’s house.

I turned off the car engine, and waited while my sister went into the house. She had told me she would be real quick, so I thought there was no use going in with her. Some seconds after she went in, the house gate swung open and I saw Dumebi step out. She looked here and there till she saw the red Benz and a big smile appeared on her face. Dumebi had blossomed like a flower. The blue tank top she had on clung to her busty upper body, and the white shots she was wearing exposed thick, fresh yellow laps. She was like a totally different person.

I was frozen in my seat just looking at her as she approached the car. She opened the front passenger door enthusiastically and got in with me. “Wow! Kunle, I can’t believe it. It’s been ages.” She said, so happy to see me.

“Yea, it’s really been a while. Wow!” I said, looking at her from top to bottom, still not believing how much she had changed; both physically and in her mannerisms.

She giggled a little at the way I starred at her and nudged me before saying, “Why didn’t you come in?”

“I thought…I thought you would be in school or something.” I said and cleared my throat.

“Well, I am in Law School now; Victoria Island law school. I just came home to get some things.”

“Oh! Okay.” I said as my mind travelled. I couldn’t believe she was already in law school.

“How is Lag? I know you have a lot of girlfriends right now.” She said and laughed lightly. I didn’t say anything back, and she went on to say, “Tony always tells me he sees you every now and then.”

“Yea. Our faculties aren’t too far apart.” I answered. Tony was her elder brother, but was also my friend from the neighbourhood. I was lost in thought for a second, thinking of what she had said about being in law school. It meant she had spent at least five years in the higher institution, and I was just on my second year.

I turned to look at her and I saw her staring at me, smiling so strangely. I thought she would look away but she kept the gaze, till I looked away. She laughed a little before saying, “It’s really funny.”

“What? What’s really funny?” I asked her with a curious look on my face.

“Nothing. Don’t worry.” She said and looked out the window.

“No way, you have to tell me.”

She was quiet for a few seconds before going on to say, “It’s funny that I used to have a huge crush for you back in the day.”

“Are you serious?” I said and looked at her intensely. “You had a crush for me? What about now?” I asked with a smile on my face.

“The crush has turned to Fanta.” She said and laughed.

I joined her in laughing after I got the joke. I almost didn’t catch her play on words. The car got quiet after we stopped laughing, and I asked her, “So I’m not fine again?”

“I didn’t say that o. I just said the crush has turned to Fanta.” She said and laughed a little again. Just then, my sister came out of the house with her sister. “Okay. I got to go now. I was actually cooking inside.” She said and tapped my shoulder before opening the car door. She was about to step out of the car when I grabbed her arm. “Wait. Let me have your phone number.” I had gotten a Nokia 1100 at the time, and I pulled the slim phone out of my jeans pocket and handed it over to her. After typing in her number and handing me back the phone, she leaned in slowly and for a second, I thought she was going to kiss me on the cheek. But she whispered in my ear “you’re still handsome” before getting out of the car.

I watched her walk away as I felt butterflies in my stomach. She stopped to greet my sister briefly and then turned around by her house gate to give me one last smile before she went out of sight.
My oga is back

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Dammykrone(m): 8:28pm On May 29, 2019
carloz685:
My oga is back
Must You Quote Everything

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 8:20am On May 30, 2019
carloz685:
My oga is back
?? you now had to quote everything
Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2019
Chapter 5: My First Kiss (Part 2)

After reconnecting with Dumebi, we stayed in touch via text and phone calls. Catching up on old times was fun. Even though we didn’t talk much back in the day, there were a few moments we had together that were memorable. There was a time my sister had sent me to her house to get baking pans, and while Dumebi searched for the baking pan size I came to collect, a spider jumped out of the sack she was going through, and she jumped on me. It was a funny little moment.

I also knew a lot of her family members; her elder brother was my friend, her half-sister was my friend, and her elder sister was my elder sister’s friend. I even remembered their dogs from back then, Jack and Jill. She laughed out loud on the phone when I asked her about them.
Catching up with Dumebi was real fun, and the more we spoke on the phone, the more we longed to see each other physically again. An end of semester party organized by some guys in my department was coming up in a few weeks, so I invited her for it. It was going to be in Ikoyi, at a spot called Fantasy Island. I remember her making fun of the name of the party on the phone. It was 2003, and Diddy and Nelly had a monster hit song titled “Shake Ya Tailfeather.” The organizers of the party thought it was a perfect name for the party. Dumebi thought it was a funny name, but she couldn’t wait for the party date.

The day came, and I headed out with my closest friends, Sope, Georgie, and Gbolahan, in Georgie’s white Mercedes Benz. It was a Friday night, and Dumebi had already left the law school campus to stay with one of her friend’s in Lekki. The drive to the part of Lekki the house was located was a stressful one, but my friends really wanted to see the Dumebi I had been talking about all semester. In fact, at a point, some of them thought she was my Imaginary friend. Sort of like how nobody in Sesame Street believed Big Bird’s friend, Mr. Snuffleupagus was real.

While parked outside the grey colored building at around 10 pm, waiting for Dumebi, I called one of my course mates that was already at the party venue and found out the place was still scanty. After ending the call, my phone rang, and it was Dumebi. I wondered why she was calling me when we already spoke about five minutes ago and she told me she would soon be out. I picked up, and found out she wanted to know if her friend could tag along, and I said no problem. Her friend’s name was Nnena, and she ended up being Sope’s date for the night.

My friends were left in awe when Dumebi finally walked out the gate. They couldn’t believe shy Kunle really had a girl as fine as she was. I remember her wearing a grey, low plunging sleeveless blouse, with black gaucho pants. Naturally, she was about 5ft6 inches tall, but the heels she had one got her closer to my 6ft2 inches height when she came to hug me. Her friend, Nnena had on a stylish black jumpsuit. She was a well-spoken, petite, brown skinned girl. She exuded a level of confidence I wasn’t expecting from someone her size. She and Sope kicked it off immediately.

Our sitting arrangement in the car was, Georgie driving, our friend Gbolahan in the front passenger seat, and me, Dumebi, Nnena, and Sope sitting at the back seat in that order. We stopped by a bar to get a few drinks before heading for the party. It was an outside spot at Obalende, and it was odd seeing how lively the place was at 11pm. It was quite windy, and Dumebi leaned on me for warmth and comfort. It boosted my confidence, and I couldn’t wait to get to the party. None of the girls in my class was as beautiful as the girl I had on my arm.
After about an hour at the bar, we headed for the party. Things were just kicking off when we got there, and for sure we had a grand entrance. I even got more stares when Dumebi decided to seat on my lap, leaning back every once in a while to talk into my ear. The spot was partially covered around the bar area, but most of it was open air. Just when the party got into full swing, and everybody had gotten up to dance, it started to drizzle. The sight of everyone running for cover wasn’t a funny one. Dumebi and I were the only ones in my crew that made it to the car before the rain got heavy, so we were there all alone for a while. She was leaning on my chest, and I had my arms around her waist. I was a bit tipsy, and would sometimes run my hands around her body. When the smooching got too heavy, she would gently remove my hand from whatever sensitive spot I was caressing.

At a point she asked why I wanted to start what I can’t finish. I asked her what she meant by that, even though I understood exactly what she was talking about. There was no way I could do anything in the car. And besides, I wouldn’t even know what to do past what I was already doing. Even though I was a year older than her, she was way more advanced than me in that area and she could tell. My ego was bruised, and I stopped talking or touching her till the rest came, and we left the party venue.

We headed to a club called 11:45 as Nnena had said some of their friends were clubbing there. When we got close to the club, Nnena, Dumebi, Sope, and I dropped from the Benz and ran for cover at a fuel station while Georgie went to look for a place to park. The whole Awolowo Road was packed with cars.

Nnena was the one communicating on the phone with the person they were trying to connect with, and she disappeared after a while. The whole place was dark and we were looking around for her till she reappeared with a cigarette stick in her hand. It was like a scene from a movie; she walked so majestically under the drizzling rain, taking drags from her cigarette stick, and blowing smoke in the air. It was so gangster it made me smile. Sope walked up to meet her half way, and Dumebi spun me around. I stopped smiling, but I couldn’t keep up an angry front for long after she smiled and pulled my cheeks. She said she didn’t mean to offend me earlier. We started talking and the rain got heavy again, hitting us even under the filling station canopy. We could barely hear each other, so she walked into my arms. There we were, getting wet, and all I could think about was kissing her. With my eyes closed, my lips found hers, and I had my first kiss. The feeling was mutual as she kissed me back.

I don’t know how long we had been kissing when we heard Nnena call out Dumebi’s name and say their friends were here. We quickly disentangled. Nnena ran up to my side to give me a hug before heading to the car, which was now parked by the side of the filling station.
Dumebi and I hugged one last time and as we pulled away, she whispered in my ear, “I really had fun tonight.” I just nodded at her, playfully grabbed her right cheek and made her smile.

“I’ll call you tomorrow morning.” I said out loud as she ran off to get in the car with her friends. I watched the black Corolla drive off, closed my eyes for a few seconds as the fresh memory of what had just happened flashed through my mind. I opened my eyes, sighed, and walked up to join my buddy, Sope.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 6:37am On May 31, 2019
kayo80:
Chapter 5: My First Kiss (Part 2)

After reconnecting with Dumebi, we stayed in touch via text and phone calls; Catching up on old times was fun. Even though we didn’t talk much back in the day, there were a few moments we had that were memorable. There was a time my sister sent me to her house to get baking pans, and while Dumebi searched for the baking pan size I came to collect, a cockroach jumped out of the sack she was going through, and she jumped on me. It was a funny little moment.

I also knew a lot of her family members; her elder brother was my friend, her half-sister was my friend, and her elder sister was my elder sister’s friend. I even remembered their dogs from back then, Jack and Jill. She laughed out loud on the phone when I asked her about them.

Catching up with Dumebi was real fun, and the more we spoke on the phone, the more we longed to see each other physically again. An end of semester party organized by some guys in my department was coming up in a few weeks, so I invited her for it. It was going to be in Ikoyi, at a spot called Fantasy Island. I remember her making fun of the name of the party on the phone. It was 2003, and Diddy and Nelly had a monster hit song titled Shake Ya Tailfeather. The organizers of the party thought it was a perfect name for the party. Dumebi thought it was a funny name, but she couldn’t wait for the party date.

The day came, and I headed out with my closest friends, Sope, Georgie, and Gbolahan, in Georgie’s white Mercedes Benz. It was a Friday night, and Dumebi had already left the law school campus to stay with one of her friend’s in Lekki. The drive to the part of Lekki the house was located was a stressful one, but my friends really wanted to see the Dumebi I had been talking about all semester. In fact, at a point, some of them thought she was my Imaginary friend. Sot of like how nobody in Sesame’s Street believed Big Bird’s friend, Snuffleupagos was real

While parked outside the grey colored building at around 10 pm, waiting for Dumebi, I called one of my course mates that was already at the party venue and found out the place was still scanty. After ending the call, my phone rang, and it was Dumebi. I wondered why she was calling me when we already spoke about five minutes ago and she told me she would soon be with us. I picked up, and found out she wanted to know if her friend could tag along, and I said no problem. Her friend’s name was Nnena, and she ended up being Sope’s date for the night.

My friends were left in awe when Dumebi finally walked out the gate. They couldn’t believe shy Kunle really had a girl as fine as she was. I remember her wearing a grey, low plunging sleeveless blouse, with black gaucho pants. Naturally, she was about 5ft6 inches tall, but the heels she had one got her closer to my 6ft2 inches height when she came to hug me. Her friend, Nnena had on a stylish black jumpsuit. She was a well-spoken, petite, brown skinned girl. Her spoken English that was impressive, and she exuded a level of confidence I wasn’t expecting from someone her size. She and Sope kicked it off immediately.

Our sitting arrangement in the car was, Georgie driving, our friend Gbolahan in front with him, and me, Dumebi, Nnena, and Sope sitting at the back seat in that order. We stopped by a bar to get a few drinks before heading for the party. It was an outside spot at Obalende, and it was odd seeing how lively the place was at 11pm. It was quite windy, and Dumebi leaned on me for warmth and comfort. It boosted my confidence, and I couldn’t wait to get to the party. None of the girls in my class was as beautiful as the girl I had on my arm.

After about an hour at the bar, we headed for the party. Things were just kicking off when got there, and for sure we made a grand entry. I even got more stares when Dumebi decided to seat on my lap- leaning back every once in a while to talk into my ear. The spot was partially covered around the bar area, but most of it was open air. Just when the party got into full swing, and everybody had gotten up to dance, it started to drizzle. The sight of everyone running for cover wasn’t a funny one. Dumebi and I were the only ones in my crew that made it to the car before the rain got heavy, so we were there all alone for a while. She was leaning on my chest, and I had my arms around her waist. I was a bit tipsy, and would sometimes run my hands around her body. When the smooching got too heavy, she would gently remove my hand from whatever sensitive spot I was caressing.

At a point she asked why I wanted to start what I can’t finish. I asked her what she meant, even though I understood exactly what she was talking about. There was no way I could do anything in the car, and besides, I wouldn’t even know what to do past what I was already doing. Even though I was a year older than her, she was way more advanced than me in that area, and she could tell. My ego was bruised, and I stopped talking or touching her till the rest came, and we left the party venue.

We headed to a club called 11:45 as Nnena had said some of their friends were clubbing there. When we got close to the club, Nnena, Dumebi, Sope, and I dropped from the Benz and ran for cover at a filling station while Soji went to look for a place to park. The whole Awolowo Road was packed with cars.

Nnena was the one communicating on the phone with the person they were trying to connect with, and she disappeared after a while. The whole place was dark and we were looking around for her till she reappeared with a cigarette stick in her hand. It was like a scene from a movie; she walked so majestically under the drizzling rain, taking drags from her cigarette stick, and blowing smoke in the air. It was so gangster it made me smile. Sope walked up to meet her half way, and Dumebi spun me around. I stopped smiling, but I couldn’t keep up an angry front for long after she smiled and pulled my cheeks. She said she didn’t mean to offend me earlier. We started talking and the rain got heavy again, hitting us even under the filling station canopy. We could barely hear each other, so she walked into my arms. There we were, getting wet, and all I could think about was kissing her. With my eyes closed, my lips found hers, and I had my first kiss. The feeling was mutual as she kissed me back.

I don’t know how long we had been kissing when we heard Nnena call out Dumebi’s name and say their friends were here. We quickly disentangled, and Nnena ran up to my side to give me a goodbye hug before heading to the car, which was now parked by the side of the filling station.

Dumebi and I hugged one last time and as we pulled away, she whispered in my ear, “I really had fun tonight.” I just nodded at her, playfully grabbed her right cheek and made her smile.

“I’ll call you tomorrow morning.” I said out loud as she ran off to get in the car with her friends. I watched the black Corolla drive off, closed my eyes for a few seconds as the fresh memory of what had just happened flashed through my mind. I opened my eyes, sighed, and walked up to join my buddy, Sope.

chai grin grin dumebi !! dumebi!!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 6:39am On May 31, 2019
nice update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by genius43(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2019
Electricboy:

chai grin grin dumebi !! dumebi!!

You don't have to quote the whole update
Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 6:46am On May 31, 2019
genius43:

You don't have to quote the whole update
I'm sorry bro...the update just made me overexcited

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 7:11am On May 31, 2019
Interesting

Well done Boss

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by FantasticJ: 10:28am On May 31, 2019
I hope Dumebi no later carry Belle

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by superjaks(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
lovely mr kayo80....

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
no updates yet

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / A BEAUTIFUL FOE / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.