Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Devils Touch - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Touch (77281 Views)

Devils For Supper (a Crime Story) / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves! / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Touch by Cardiojosh(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2019
Devilpen:
Now I see....... *nods head*
me two o ..The guy is good

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by wonderjewel: 5:51pm On May 26, 2019
I am so happy I noticed on time the organizer of the award didn't include topher's name and quickly told them to put his name on the award list.I am happy we all brought victory to topher. He is really a genius. God will take you to a greater height. Well done Topher.Victory well deserved.

7 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 6:31pm On May 26, 2019
Ishaw sat in a lounge smoking with a bottle of beer, watching a music video on display. Then his phone rang, he hastily picked.

"hello...where are you?". Ishaw asked looking around. "outside? Okay just walk in you'll see me.

Few minutes later the boy Ishaw spoke with at the crime scene walked in looking for him. Ishaw raised his hand waving at the boy . The boy caught sight of him and stated towards his direction.

" how are you?". Ishaw asked as the boy came closer.

The boy nodded his response sitting opposite Ishaw.

"do you care for a drink?".

"water will do". The boy answered.

Ishaw beckoned a waiter over and requested for water, the waiter acknowledged and left.

" tell me what you know". Ishaw asked lighting another cigarette.

The boy adjusted himself, looked around nervously and said.

" I told you everything before now sir. She came in that night with him and left alone. Only for his brother to return and find him dead".

Ishaw adjusted his face hat and exhaled out a large smoke, then asked.

"describe this girl. I believe you can recognise her when you see her?".

" yes I can. She's very curvy, dark skin, tall. I also noticed she's beautiful". The boy said avoiding Ishaw's piercing eyes.

Ishaw drank from his bottle of beer. Then kept a steady stare at the boy until he became uncomfortable.

" have you ever been with a woman?". He asked, still looking at him.

"why are you asking". The boy retorted.

" they have girls here, would you like to sleep with one?". Ishaw asked.

"No!". The boy said looking confused, wondering what brought about the question.

"it's okay. Just let me know when you see this bitch again. I may have to invite you when something pops up". Ishaw said, threw away the burnt cigarette and light another stick. Ignoring the boys presence.

"Is that all?". The boy asked, after being ignored for awhile.

Ishaw glanced at him and nodded. The boy then took the water from the table. Stood up and informed Ishaw of his Intention to leave . Ishaw nodded his head with his eyes on the TV.

The boy walked out of the building and out of the gate of the lounge. Walked some distance towards an alleyway, then stopped to check if anyone was in view before he turned into a dove and flew away.

Igbudu was washing his face with water from a river when he felt the pain on his face. He examined the cuts on his arms and felt the cuts on his face. Then he stood up dusted himself and started towards the village.

Everyone who saw him on the road took several frightened look at him due to his appearance. He took no notice of them as he kept following the invisible thing in the air that has been leading him.

The thing; a yellow circling wind led him to a compound and started revolving around the roof. Igbudu confidently entered the compound looking around and sniffing the air.

The occupants came out of the house to find a strange looking man standing in front of their house that morning. His appearance scared the ladies as some of them screamed and ran back inside.

"do you think you can hide from me? Come out this instant!". Igbudu shouted, still sniffing the air.

An old man came out of the house. And asked after examining him.

" what do you want?!".

" a six legged creature is hiding here". Igbudu said, looking past the old man to the house.

A little girl of five stood peeping behind the door of the house. Igbudu saw her and pointed towards the little girl abruptly saying.

"you think you're safe? You beast. I am here to kill you".

Everyone looked at Igbudu in shock. One of the women shouted at Igbudu using her body to shield the girl from him.

" this man is mad!"

The old man concurred with what the lady said. And he circumspectly moved in front of Igbudu and said.

" please leave! We don't want trouble, just leave!".

The lady kept shouting for her neighbours to come and rescue her from the mad man.

Igbudu looked around on both direction aggressively and opened his bag. Took out an handkerchief, picked a pinch of earth put it in the middle of the handkerchief wrapped it up and started speaking into it.

Just then few young men came into the compound and the old man pointed towards Igbudu. They rushed towards him and made to grab him but he had already threw the handkerchief in the air. The men who came for him went up with the handkerchief and suspended in the air.

Igbudu bent down and opened his bag while everyone else was in awe of the seven men floating in the air.

He took out his short staff stick and pointed it towards the girl. And she started screaming. The lady shielding her made to attack Igbudu but stopped when the girls voice changed into a demonic scream. The lady looked confused at the girl whose eyes were becoming blue and mouth wide opened. Then all of a sudden something started forcing it's way through her mouth. Everyone shouted and backed way from her save for the lady. Igbudu kept a safe distance still pointing towards the girl with the staff chanting words.

A long and wrapped thing, slowly came out of the girls mouth and fell on the her feet. The little girl eyes rolled back as she collapsed on the floor.

The creature unwrapped itself and it was like an octopus but with scales and a female head. Hairs on it's head, two hands with long nails. And very black eyes.

It laughed at Igbudu as everyone one ran away at the sight of it save for the lady who was concerned for the little girl.

Igbudu made to approach it but it took off . He quickly looked up stretched his hand towards the handkerchief and it dropped in his hand, the boys fell also. Igbudu ignored them and ran after the creature.

It was about entering the river when Igbudu caught up with it. He threw a black stone from his bag at it, the stone hit creature's head and it sagged beside the river with a hand in the water.

Igbudu quickly poured a water from the keg in his bag on the creature and it started screaming folding itself like a snake.

"what do you want?". The creature asked still folding itself.

"how many of you were released?". Igbudu asked.

The creature struggled within itself in pain with smoke coming out of it's body.

" talk or I'll pour more!" Igbudu yelled.

" all of us. All of us". The creature said, laughed and started screaming in pain.

Igbudu felt weakened after hearing what the creature said. He knew he was against a bigger battle.

"how did you come out? " he asked. " Answer me!". He yelled.

" the boy read the book. Only him can close the portal. I've told you everything! Please Let me go! Let me go!". The creature pleaded.

" how can I find this boy? ". He asked.

The creature suddenly jumped into the river before Igbudu could do anything and escaped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Amb25: 6:41pm On May 26, 2019
The Grand writer has given us Sunday bonus. I like that

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2019
Dang it....it escaped angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 7:46pm On May 26, 2019
I came late even though I wasn't mentioned. I love your stories Topher. Ayam here to stay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 8:17pm On May 26, 2019
greatme2good:
I came late even though I wasn't mentioned. I love your stories Topher. Ayam here to stay.
I see u clearly. Sorry about the mention. Please follow me if you haven't so I can easily tag u next time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2019
statistics1:
First of all... Our undiluted appreciation goes to Divepen, for granting our request.
Then to everyone that participated so far.... Thanks for not considering this as a mere participation....
POLLING COUNT FOR THE POST OF A GRAND WRITER
1. LARRYSUN --- 2 votes
2. KINGOKOH --- NIL
3. OYINPRINCE --- 5
4. GHOSTWRITER --- NIL
5. TOPHER052 --- 36VOTES.

AND THE KING ♔ GETS CROWNED..
CONGRATZ BRO @TOPHER052...
MORE TO COME... BIG UPs
In Mortal Kombat, we'd call this FATALITY!!!

Congratulations Topher052. Buen trabajo hermano. Soy felicitamente contigo!

3 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 9:31pm On May 26, 2019
@Kaodek

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nicklaus619(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2019
Men this story is completely filled with paranormal Activities, I like it grin, ride on topher052

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Creeza(m): 9:51pm On May 26, 2019
I brewed by..

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 10:33pm On May 26, 2019
Igbudu! Oya follow that thing angry angry ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by mekussa(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2019
Baba... I hail... U too much... Can't wait for the major characters to start meeting one on one

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:11am On May 27, 2019
This is a movie.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 6:59am On May 27, 2019
topher052:
I see u clearly. Sorry about the mention. Please follow me if you haven't so I can easily tag u next time
Just did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by superman1073: 9:17am On May 27, 2019
Hmmmn

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Samnick: 12:44pm On May 27, 2019
igbudu step in the bucket for proper confirmation

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by queengift(f): 1:17pm On May 27, 2019
Our great writer am waiting for update

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 3:51pm On May 27, 2019
Two mortuary attendants; a dark moderate guy, clean shaven with a head sucks, and the other a thick man in his late fifties. Both were playing cards that night in front of the mortuary few yards away from the hospital with a bottle of gin, some few notes by their sides and two glasses beside each on them.

“Hey! Am going to finish you this night!”. The thick man said laughing hitting a card hard on top of another.

The clean shaven man observed his card carefully before dropping his.

“This is my last card”. He said to the thick man with a smirk on his face.

The thick man was flabbergasted, he looked at his card. Then dropped another card looking at the shaven man. The clean shaven man dropped his last card, stood up shouted.

“I finished you! It’s by bragging!”.

While the men were busy inside with their voices heard outside the building. Flood of shadow moved into the hospital compound from under the gate, passed the security man sleeping on his post, past the hospital and headed towards the mortuary.

While the shaven man was still bragging about his win, the shadow passed through the walls on both sides turning it black but the men took no notice as they were engulfed with their game. The shadow entered morgue, moved on top of the bodies that were stacked on each other due to limited space and disappeared.

After a while, one of the bodies finger moved, and its eyes opened.

The men were still arguing about the win. The thick man refused to let go his money claiming that the shaven man cheated when a thud sound came from the morgue. They both looked simultaneously towards it.

“What’s that?” asked the shaven man.

“Quiet”. Said the thick man as he listened.

The thud sound came again and this time louder. The men rushed towards the door.

“What could that be?”. The shaven one asked.

The thick man ignored him, brought out the key from his blue overall pocket, and opened the door to meet corpses standing naked looking at them.

“What?”. Asked the shaven one moving backwards.

They jumped like a hopping frog on the thick man who stood in front biting and hitting him aggressively. The shaven man tried to escape but three corpses dragged him backwards pulling him down biting and beating him to death as he screamed.

The hospital was in complete huggermugger; the corpses chased after everyone; crippled miraculously stood from their wheelchairs running for their lives, nurses left the patients jumping through windows, patient who were pathetically carrying themselves suddenly became jets on foot. The corpses dragged anyone on their way down beating the person to death.

Zarac saw the news and called his wife to see what he was seeing which he doubted to be corpses as said by the news caster but lunatics on the loose.

“Where are the securities? I use to think that hospital has a reputation to keep, what nonsense!”. Zarac said.

“There’s nothing one can’t see these days”. Zarac’s wife said sitting beside her husband.

“The police should shoot on sight these lunatics. See how they are killing innocent people”. Zarac said angrily.

“May God save us all ”. Zarac’s wife said, and then stood up to attend to what she was cooking.

Sam who was in his room sleeping suddenly felt a touch on his arm and turned to see who it was but saw a beautiful lady in white, whose skin and hair was as white as snow, her eyes blue as the moon. He moved away from her but she smiled gently saying.

“It’s okay, I am not going to harm you”.

Sam recognized the voice but can’t place it. The lady sat on his bed and smiling.

“I am your guardian. You’re the key to unlock the door you opened. Nothing must happen to you. The devil has touched the earth and must be stopped”. The lady said.

Sam looked at her and wondered what she was talking about. She knew what he was thinking and so said.

“I know you do not understand what I’m saying, well. Enjoy your new family, because the past has so many hurt for you. They are coming for you, you must be ready”. The lady said.

Then stretched her hands towards Sam; a white and green shinning smoke came out of her hands and moved towards Sam who made to retreat but it covered him up. His eyes rolled backwards as he jerked on the bed, and then collapsed on the bed.

Igbudu headed back to his village to investigate about the boy. He decided to use a public transit as he was very tired to walk that distance.

While the bus was yet to get filled, he took out from his bag and examined a diamond a client gave him. He wondered who tell sell it to so he could raise money for the quest he’s about to embark on.

After much thinking, he kept it back and rests his head on the window. Two skinny dark adolescent boys ; one in black leather jacket on a green trouser and the other in a faded jersey top on a blue dirty jeans. Saw him earlier and quickly sat beside him as everyone else avoided him due to his full unkempt beards, long dreadlock hair knotted with a red ribbon, his face with cuts, his dirty jalamia and a three quarter brown trouser.

Soon, he dozed off and one of the boys in leather jacket who sat close to him looked at his colleague who nodded and carefully glanced around to see if anyone was watching. The one in leather top slowly and carefully pulled the bag from Igbudu and the boys stood and left the bus.

A passenger, an old who saw what happened, tapped Igbudu on his shoulder and informed him of being robbed. Igbudu opened his eyes and turn to the lady.

“Those boys just stole your bag”. She said pointing at the boys who were about to hop into a bike.

Igbudu turned to the woman’s direction and saw boys entering a bike. He turned again to the woman smiling and said.

“Yes, I know those boys. They will find me wherever I go and return the bag”. Then he laid back his head on the window and continued his sleep.

His response both scared and confused the old lady that she sat back minding her business.

The boys alighted from the bike and opened it hastily to retrieve the diamond, but something like a small ball of lightening jumped from the bag and entered their eyes. The boys turned automatically like a robot to the bike man who was about leaving and said simultaneously.

“Take us back to the park!”.

The bike man looked at them both suspiciously due to how they stood and talked. He shrugged and waited for them to enter. Then he took them to where he picked them from.

The boys alighted automatically and started walking to the bus that was about leaving hypnotically.

“My money”. The bike man called out to them.

They both stopped simultaneously and gave the bike man all they had in their pocket. And began walking to the bus ignoring the baffled bike man. The bike alighted from his bike due to fear and ran to meet the boys.

‘’Please take your money! I have collected my charges”. The bike man said handing them their money and returning in a hurry to his bike.

The boys took the money and continued towards the bus. They found the bus located were igbudu was and knocked on the window. Igbudu woke from his sleep, turned and saw the two boys raising his bag to him, he rolled down the glass and they handed Igbudu his bag, he took it from them, then said to them stiffly.

“Go and pay for another bus, I’ll be waiting for you at the bus stop. You people will be working with me from now on”.

The boys nodded and left the bus. The old lady saw what happened, made a quick sign of the cross and began saying her rosary.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2019
topher052:
; the corpses chased after everyone; crippled miraculously stood from their wheelchairs running for their lives.

that part got me smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley
smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileywinksmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by mychiveous(f): 5:32pm On May 27, 2019
Dis FAD20Z has brought his madness to this thread.
Re: The Devils Touch by Kaodek(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2019
statistics1:
@Kaodek
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 10:26am On May 28, 2019
I appreciate all of you who voted for me. Thanks a great deal, that's to show that i was able to entertain y'all the past one year. I hope to do the same with this new season. God bless y'all abundantly.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by Amb25: 1:21pm On May 28, 2019
gbefun, gbayi. keep gbe body e.
we dey gbadun you. GRAND WRITER
Re: The Devils Touch by lilyheaven: 2:56pm On May 28, 2019
statistics1:

from the start to the end is always a bomb. *my madam & I* is a blast from the start till the end.. you can't just have enough of topher052..like a new bride "u go dey ask for more ni smiley"
give @topher052 the crown already abeg..
but Topher has won already
Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2019
lilyheaven:
but Topher has won already

written during d voting i.e b4 he was declared winner.. guess u just seeing this.

oga - T: today's update oooooo!!!! smiley
Re: The Devils Touch by lilyheaven: 4:01pm On May 28, 2019
statistics1:

written during d voting i.e b4 he was declared winner.. guess u just seeing this.

oga - T: today's update oooooo!!!! smiley

Yes

That's why I said he has won already.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 7:25pm On May 28, 2019
Sam woke up the next morning feeling different. He heard Zarac’s raised like he was yelling at someone. He opened the window and saw two uniform men pushing the gate rigorously, was on call and his wife stood behind in fear.

“Open this gate!”. They yelled while trying to bring the gate down with their hands.

Although Sam was scared, yet something pushed him to out and see what was happening. He to the entrance of the house and stood looking.

“Honey, go inside!”. Zarac yelled at his wife who refused to heed.

“Baby come with me! Let’s go inside and lock the door!”. She said, dragging Zarac’s hand.

Zarac started pushing her in himself but she held on to him refusing to let him face the men, while Sam whom they haven’t taken notice of watched in silence and fear.

The men stopped pushing the gate and started climbing it. Before they Zarac could make up his mind wheather to get a weapon or shut the door against his wife, they had jumped into the compound and started running towards him. He pushed his wife and charged to attack.

The first man; a thick, dark, average man with an afro and clean shaven threw the first punch and Zarac dodged it and went under the man’s arm pit with the intention to throw him down.

The second; an athletic light skin tall guy, gave Zarac a strong elbow on his back , while the thick man grabbed Zarac’s neck under his armpit pulling as hard as he could. The athletic guy turned towards Sam and Zarac’s wife, and then his eyes fell on Sam. He immediately started towards Sam. Zarac’s wife rushed towards him and started hitting his chest crying. He gave her a side blow and she fainted.

Zarac turned under the thick man’s grip and saw his wife on the floor, screamed in anger and tried to lift the man up with all his might but received three very hard blows behind his neck that knocked him out.
Sam seeing how the thick man was hitting Zarac sent a strange anger in him that brought courage and fear left him. His eyes turned white and he adjusted himself looking at the thick man ominously. The athletic guy walked up to him, made to grab him and Sam looked at him abruptly, stretched his hands towards his face and suspended him in the air with no contact. The thick man rushed forward and Sam did the same thing to him with his other hand. Both were dangling in the air.

Sam kept looking at them with his face frowned in anger, he began closing his hand into a fist shaking all over, and the men held their throats in the air choking with their legs dangling . He finally knotted his fist still looking at them, they were almost dying when two black smokes flew away from their eyes . Sam dropped his hands and the fell to the ground coughing holding their necks.

Sam felt strange, looking at his hands and the men on the floor. Then he saw Zarac lying still on his side, he quickly ran to him shaking him. Zarac slowly opened his eyes and saw Sam knelt beside him. Immediately he remembered his wife and quickly stood up and ran to her. She lay lifeless on the floor; Zarac shook her, checked for pulse on her wrist with his thumb, and then placed his head on her chest. He stood up abruptly, ran into the house and returned with a cup of water. Placed her head on his thigh and sprinkled the water on her face while Sam stood beside him feeling awkward about what happened to him earlier.

“Baby come on! Baby come on!”. She said as he gave her mouth to mouth.

The two men looked at each other wondering how they got there and then turned to Zarac who was in panic trying to resuscitate his wife. The thick man stood up slowly still touching his neck and walked up to Zarac placed a hand on his shoulder and asked in concern.

“What’s wrong with her?’’.

Zarac turned and saw him, he moved from him abruptly in reflex, wanted to stand and move further away but he was holding his wife, so he screamed almost in tears.

‘Please leave us alone! Take whatever you want please leave us alone!”

The thick man backed off wondering why he spoke to him that way while the athletic guy observed from a distance. He moved slowly towards his colleague still looking at Zarac’s wife who lay lifeless.

“Come on baby! Don’t do this to me!”. Zarac said grapping her tight to himself.

Just then she opened her eyes and said.

‘’Are you okay baby?”

Zarac looked at her in joy, kissed her on the lips severally with tears in his eyes. She turned and looked for their attackers but they were gone.

Sam knelt beside them smiling as the couple hugged each other passionately.

“I cannot believe I am here with you”. The principal said smiling hysterically as Crusial kissed his neck unbuttoning his sleeve top.

“Come on baby, I told you, you’re my kinda man”. She said ripping the rest buttons off.

“Oh! My shirt!” the principal said looking as his shirt opened. “ ha! Ha! you are baaaad!”. He said laughing happily.

Then she took off her blouse remaining her bra and sat on his thigh crossing her legs between his facing him. She held him closer and whispered.

‘Close your eyes”.

The happy man immediately closed his eyes giggling in anticipation for the pleasure of his life.

She bent towards his neck and opened her mouth. Her tongue started crawling out like a snake and started wrapping around his neck, with her hands caressing his back.

“oh baby, you’re very good. I love it! I love it! Give it to me!”. He said passionately licking his lips.

She pulled her head backwards and fangs grew in her mouth and her eyes turned yellow. She brought her head down to bite his neck when a knock came on the door. The principal opened his eyes abruptly looking at the door not noticing she was hiding her fac.

“Who’s that?!”. He yelled.

“Room service sir”. Came a female voice.

“Ha! Room service?”. He wondered, then screamed. “what do you want?”.

“Your car sir! Someone hit the rear light sir”. Came the voice.

‘what? My car?”. The principal said, pushing Crusial aside, battening his shirt in a hurry. “my car! Car ohhhh”. He kept saying.

“baby. It’s just a car!”. Crusial said feeling disappointed.

“just a car? Do you know what you’re saying?” he said as he stood up. And rushed towards the door.

She watched him leave. Then frowned in anger.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 7:43pm On May 28, 2019
First to like, share and comment grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 7:47pm On May 28, 2019
Ok so sam is now obi wan kenobi with the force huh?

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2019
BankyGee:
Space booker spotted

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / One Night Stand / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.