Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

The Devils Touch - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Touch (77337 Views)

Devils For Supper (a Crime Story) / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves! / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
lilyheaven:

Haha .. you caught him red handed
Eyah na, you people should leave me na cry

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by gly(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Devilpen:
Now I see....... *nods head*

Bros you just dey start. Pls try and get enough petrol in your reading engine. Topher is about taking us to the express road.
You think say na mistake all of us take vote am. Indeed he is a talented writer. God bless and take you to greater height @topher052

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Apeshy101(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Topher, its no doubt you are putting in much effort in writing this story and whatever caused the delay in posting new updates must be urgent/important.

Thanks for the story so far.

more grease to your elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by queengift(f): 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
no update since Friday, hope all is well

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by mekussa(m): 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
queengift:
no update since Friday, hope all is well

Took the words right off my fingers... Boss topher... Hope u r cool?

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by daddio(m): 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
He travelled with Igudu to get powers for his pen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by gly(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2019
daddio:
He travelled with Igudu to get powers for his pen

grin, funny you. Let's just give him time. It is not easy doing this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by saucelake231(m): 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
who has his number.....should drop it let call too conferm if all is well with him @topher.....cus it been days now....
(I just hope all his well with him sha)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
The street was flooded with people, some running,some fighting and some getting murdered. It was a complete frenzy with dead bodies littered everywhere.

A tall athletic built dark male teacher in black shirt and blue trouser was taking the students mathematics when the school bell rang. The students looked around in surprise as it was not yet time for any activity outside class.

The teacher motioned the students to be calm while he went out to see what was wrong.

"they're coming". The boy behind Sam said.

Sam turned abruptly to him wondering what he was talking about.

"the possessed". He said smiling. " "it's the end boy".

Sam quickly arranged his books back into his backpack and waited impatiently for the teacher to bring news.

A student rushed to the window and shouted.

" some people are jumping into the school compound!".

Other students went to see what he was talking about. They were all filled with panic and some started crying calling their parents on phone.

Sam remained on his seat looking around in fear. The boy walked to him and sat on his desk.

" we have to do something. Soon everyone will be dead". The boy said in a very relaxed tone.

Sam stood up and crossed the bag to his back then walked out to the passage to see what's happening. The passage was filled with panicked students. He walked pass them to the stairs leading downstairs and heard the teachers shouting and a fierce banging on a door.

"they're going to breakthrough. It can't hold for long!". A male teacher shouted looking in fear as the door shook.

" no they can't! It's an iron door!". The principal said unsure of his confidence on how long the door can hold.

The female teachers in the staff room moved around in panic. Some calling their husbands and when they can't get across, the fear increased.

Crusial remained calm on her seat with her hands folded and legs crossed. She saw this as an opportunity to get refreshed. But doesn't know how to lure someone out. And another thing that held her back is that she can't kill in the school because it'll call for investigation.

Sam was on his way to the ground floor when Mr Oduah the principal saw him and shouted.

"go back to your class!".

Sam froze as the door started pulling from the wall. The principal forgot about him and called other male teachers to assist in holding back the door.

Sam ran back upstairs and met few curious students walking down the stairs on his way up. He motioned with his hands that they should follow him. They looked at him scoffed and waved him aside as they continued down the stairs. He watched them disappear before he continued upstairs.

First, Sam ran looking for another way-out. Then he saw a small stairway leading to the roof before he ran looking for the strange boy. The strange boy was still sitting on the desk in the class room where he left him. He walked up to him and wrote on a paper: We have to move everyone to the roof. They are coming.

The boy read it and nodded. Then took a stick and hit it on a desk. This called everyone's attention before he said.

" we have to move to the roof! They're coming! Everyone come with me!",

He said and started towards the class exit. Majority of the students followed him especially the girls.

Sam felt something inside of him pushing him to protect the students even though he was scared. So he remained in the class with some few boys.

The door started pulling from the wall. The people behind gave all their might in the push. Even the principal and the teachers knew they won't be able hold it for long.

" I am going to get the students to safety! Ensure they don't get in !". The principal said abandoning the task for his male staff.

The maths teacher earlier from Sam's class Mr Howard said to the teachers who were now scared moving away from the door.

"some of you can go and get everyone safe! And those of you who want to stay get anything you can as weapon!".

Almost everyone left after Howard finished talking. Save for the gate man, a parent and a teacher. He looked at the few who wanted to defend the students with him and was almost discouraged.

"we have machetes under the stairs. We can use that!", the gate man said.

"okay! Get it!". Howard said.

The gate man, an athletic built average height man, dark with a burnt cigarette teeth. He is always on a milk top and a baggy pant. No one notices his presence as he said nothing to anyone minding his business.

He was once a banker with a good pay, but one day lost his whole family in an accident in the car he drove. He blamed himself for their death. And so left everything he had in his country and has been a gate man with a new identity since the last five years.

The teacher who remained felt compelled to wait behind, not because he wanted to, but because he wanted to be named among the brave who stood and defended the school. A twenty three years old fresh graduate.

Mr Bohn. The parent of a female student. The only love of his life after his wife died during child birth. A tall thick dark man with no hair on his head and face, save for a thick black brows and lashes.

And lastly Howard; a very kind young man. A leader and a committed person. He knew it was a deadly task yet he doesn't mind. He knew he may not survive the attack yet he chose to defend others even for a minute. If no one had stood with him, he'd have done it alone.

The gate man arrived with five machetes and handed one to each of the men. They all waited for their attackers to come in.

Ishaw looked behind and discovered they ran into a stationary car.

The two police men were fast approaching looking for any movement to shoot at.

Bruno quickly brought out his gun, steadied his hand still burying his head. Ishaw looked at him and smiled.

" what's it?". Bruno asked.

"I like it when you get serious". Ishaw said.

Then he engaged the engine, put it in gear one and stepped hard on the gas. The car moved forward, knocked down one of the men and climbed him with the man rolling under the tires. The other opened fire as they drove ahead. The pullet pierced through making holes in the car. Again, the car ran into a tree and the impact hit the men really bad.

Bruno was stock in the car. The dashboard held him to the chair. He tried to break free with lots of difficulty. Ishaw opened the door and a gun shot pierced through and narrowly missed his head. He withdrew his head into the car and turned to his friend.

" your gun!". He said.

" it's under my seat". Bruno said in struggling whisper as he tried to pull himself out.

Ishaw bent over in search for the gun. The police man had reached their car pointing the pointing the gun steadily in his front ready to shoot. He removed the cartridge and replaced with another from his combat as he moved circumspectly towards Bruno's side. He saw Bruno struggling with the dashboard and pointed the gun at him, Bruno looked up at the man's eyes, it was black and his face covered in green veins. He was about pulling the trigger when Ishaw fired him in the head.

Zarac stood looking at the door as cries filled the air. His secretary walked up to him and said

"sir, what's going on?".

He looked at her and didn't have an answer for her. Suddenly, a dark smoke entered through the window. Zarac looked at it wondering what it was. It flew into noses of two men who sat on the floor looking terrified at the door. They both wiped their noses with the back of their hands and sneezed. Then their eyes turned black and green veins moved from their necks to their s
faces.

The short fat man took a pen from his Brest pocket, grabbed the lady beside him and stabbed her in the eyes. A fair chubby lady classily dressed in black gown saw it, screamed and fainted. The other, a slim innocent looking middle aged man grabbed a man in front of him and pushed him to the ground. Everyone went haywire in panic.

Zarac who everything stood motionless trying trying to understand the meaning of it all.

" boss!" His secretary screamed.

He turned abruptly and quickly caught the hand of the fat man in time as he wield the pen towards his neck.

He pushed the man to the wall holding his hand. They both struggling but the man seem to be stronger as his hand pushed forward towards Zarac's neck. Then suddenly a shoe hit him on the head and the hell drove into his skull. The fat man turned around in agonizing face looking at the secretary, then sagged on his knee and fell face down. Zarac looked at the girl who stood in perplexity looking at the dead man in front of her.

" it's okay, it's okay. Thank you". Zarac said to her assuredly.

She looked at him and jumped over the man to hide behind Zarac. The men in the room had held down the innocent looking possessed man as he kept struggling. They grabbed a wire and tied him to a chair.

Everyone was just adjusting from the encounter when the smoke moved from under the door into the room. Zarac saw it and alerted others. Everyone moved away from it as it floated in the air. Then in a speed of light in entered into the nose of a huge dark man, a muscular tall man and a fat aged man. Before they could turn, the classily dressed lady had forced the door open screaming as she ran out

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2019
Sorry everyone for the long absence. I travelled and had low battery.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
FTC.....
Welcome back Topher.
Re: The Devils Touch by Missmossy(f): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
So captivating, keep it coming grin kudos to you topher052.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
Then door soon forced open. And the men pushing their way through. Many stretching their hands not minding nail tearing their clothes and skin.

Howard stood in front positioned for attack, the gate man beside him, Bohn and the teacher a few distance away.

One of the men forced half of his body in, struggling to push the rest body. Quickly the gate man rushed forward and hit the machete on his head and it drove in. The man sagged on the door jerking.

The rest men joined the gate man cutting anything they see forcing itself in. A hand dropped on the floor and blood splashing on the them as they continued butchering. The teacher boy who hasn't experienced anything like that before retreated and started vomiting. No one took notice of him as they were all busy.

The men outside stopped pushing and stood back looking at Howard and his team ominously.

"what are they doing?". Bohn asked breathing heavily.

"maybe they are scared!". The boy teacher said.

Soon the men outside gave way in the middle for two soldier men with AK 47 to walk through.

" They have a gun!". Howard shouted and took cover.

The soldiers opened fire ceaselessly on the door with the men outside looking motionlessly at the door.

Howard and his team bent on the stairs as bullets raced through opening walls. They remained on cover until the men stopped shooting. Then Howards said to his team.

"we have to go and protect the students".

They all ran upstairs and rushed to the staff room. Called the ladies to follow them. Without questions the ladies who were engulfed with fear joined them to the 3rd floor. The principal had gathered all the students there. And many were going up the roof following a male teachers leading.

Crusial didn't go with the teachers, she waited behind as the scared ones ran off then she followed a smell to the ladies. She walked passed the first door, second and stopped in the middle then knocked. A very terrified principals secretary sat on the toilet shaking.

" is anyone here?". Crusial asked in a cool gentle tone. " don't be afraid. I have come to save you.

The scared girl finally recognised the voice and said.

"is that you?".

" yes, it's me. Oduah wants you. Open up". Crusial said in a charming tone.

The girl slowly sat up and pulled the bolt backwards. Crusial raised her head up with her mouth opened, two sharp fangs grew in her out before the girl could open the door.

She looked at Crusial whose head was still up and wondered what's wrong. Then crusial slowly dropped her head and the girl saw her teeth and eyes, she was too scared to move as she stood shaking. Crusial smiled and grabbed her swiftly biting her neck as she screamed.

The door finally fell. All the men outside started rushing up the stairs.

The door leading to the main hall was locked as the students climbed up to the roof. Then a bang came on the door. This startled everyone and increased panic.

" everyone up!" Shouted Howard.

Now some of the teachers started rushing up the stairs pushing the students back. Howard and his team rushed forward to tame the situation. Bohn ensured his daughter was up the roof before he joined Howard at the door.

Sam and his friend hid in the toiled. Sam had no idea why he was there and not with other students.

It was remaining few teachers who were struggling up the stairs. The principal had already settled in when he heard the first bang on the door.

Soon the door was pulled down. They rushed towards Howard and his team and received the first cut on the neck from the gate man. Followed by Bohn and Howard. The boy lost his nerves when he saw the crowed rushing in and he ran up the stairs. Opened the opening and padlocked the it after he had crossed to the roof.

" why did you do that?". A female teacher asked.

"they are all dead". The boy said looking so petrified.

" it's okay, it's for our safety". The principal said.

Bohn held one on the neck while stabbing another, with two biting him from behind.he pushed himself backwards to the wall, hitting one on his back, turned around and chopped off ones head and buried the knife in another's neck. The gate man swung randomly and cut whosoever his machete met, Howard focused on the heads, wielding the machete skillfully and dropping any who came closer to the floor.

The crowd became much for them and was getting to them. Some started climbing up the stairs pushing the opening hard. The people on the roof were gripped with fear trembling as some held each other.

Sam eyes turned white in the toilet. The boy looked at him and smiled. Then turned to his original form. They both stepped out with Sam covered in glowing white and the boy in his black burnt state.

The boy immediately jumped into the crowd like a frog with his hands on the floor, in a swift move, ripping open 3 person's throats, heads, stomach with his claws and teeth in a split second.

Sam raised his hands up and they all suspended in the air, then swung his hand to the left hitting them together very hard on the wall, up, down and anywhere his hands went. Then he blew a strong breeze out of his mouth that scattered the windows with them in the air. Then he threw them all at once through the window, save for Howard and his team whom the boy knocked unconscious.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Wow...i like sams powers smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by daddio(m): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
topher052:
Sorry everyone for the long absence. I travelled and had low battery.

Hmm, I know, I told them but they wouldn't believed.

You went with Igudu.

Abeg share me wetin una bring com o.
Re: The Devils Touch by saucelake231(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
welcome back bro....and how was your journey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Kaodek(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
This guy is Baaaad .....Madam and I was a Tip of the iceberg

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by queengift(f): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
The story is getting better everyday. welcome back bro, I missed you

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by PSTEMMA1960(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
queengift:
The story is getting better everyday. welcome back bro, I missed you
na the update u miss abi na Topher? Ayam not understanding.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by exynos(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
topher052:

The boy immediately jumped into the crowd like a frog with his hands on the floor, in a swift move, ripping open 3 person's throats, heads, stomach with his claws and teeth in a split second

I love this part!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2019
Sam and his friends started the whole mess so he should take care of it.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by mekussa(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
I now know how a drug addict feels after getting his high after a looong time.... Topher you are creating addicts here...
But...
I LIKE IT

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
Woow! This is the night king and his zombies o! I trust Sam to deal with them grin

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nicklaus619(m): 6:06am On Jun 05, 2019
Previously on AMC the walking dead,
grin. Ride on brother
Re: The Devils Touch by MoxxxxO123(m): 7:45am On Jun 05, 2019
I just love this storyyyyyyyyy.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by gly(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2019
daddio:

Hmm, I know, I told them but they wouldn't believed.

You went with Igudu.

Abeg share me wetin una bring com o.

O bros na wah for you o! Na so you like Igbudu. �

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Apeshy101(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
The hit has been turned on once again

Kudos Topher

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
Two black birds were fighting fiercely on a fence using their beaks on each others head, jumping as they made terrible noises. The first hit the other so hard it flew away.

Then the first flew up towards an open window. The other bird quickly intercepted it and they began fighting again. The first bird jumped on the other pecking its head hard and the one under flapped its wing shaking the first off and flew away giving the first the leverage to fly into the room where a man laid facing up in a duvet with his wife lying on her side backing him.

The bird perched on the bed foot cabinet looking at the man and his wife. Then it looked up at the mans presidential portrait on the wall and flew above him.

The man turned his head and opened his eyes to behold a bird above him. He looked at it in wonder and was about reacting when the bird jumped on his face and covered it with its wing. He struggled to pull it off but couldn't. He kicked and hit the bed hard with the intention to wake up his wife.

The bird suddenly melted on his face and disappeared. He laid lifeless with his eyes closed facing up. His wife turned to him and saw how he laid, she moved towards him and shook his arm.

"Khalid". She called.

He remained still, she sat up and shook him with her both hands yet he remained still. She became alarmed and shouted. Two security officials In black suit rushed in.

"what's it madam ?".

"The president! He's not moving". She said almost in tears looking worried at her husband.

One of the men moved to the president to check his pulse while the other started called for medical attention.

A man thick dark bald man in yellow pyjamas rushed in few minutes later and rushed towards the bed.

"I can't feel a pulse". The man in suit said moving away for the man.

The man opened his eyes and placed his thumb on the presidents side neck looking distantly at the wall in front of him.

" is he okay doctor?". The wife asked looking scared at the man.

He looked at her with disappointment in his eyes and fear around his lips. She stood from the bed and grabbed his shirt.

"what do you mean by that look?". She asked fighting what she was suspecting.

The man immediately turned to the other security person at the door and shouted.

"where's the ambulance?".

" they should be here by now". He replied.

The man rushed out ignoring the woman that has started crying shaking her husband.

Two nurses rushed in and went straight to the president. Another three coming from behind with a stretcher. The nurses began adjusting the president to put on the stretcher while his wife cried behind holding his hand. Suddenly he opened his eyes and looked around wondering what was going on. The nurses moved away and his wife hugged him.

" what's going on?". He asked breaking the embrace.

"you were unconscious". She said smiling at him.

He looked at the group in his room and stood up, walked to the window in search for something with everyone eyes on him, then spotted the other bird on the fence. He smiled and closed the window.

Igbudu walked in front with the two boys behind. They walked through the woods heading towards the main express way to board a bus to the city.

Two hunters in sack clothes sat beside a fire tying a man in just boxers to a long stake while he begged in tears, but they ignored him.

They finished and suspended him above the fire with the man screaming in pain. Igbudu heard the voice and followed the direction of the cry.

Then they Came across a stream and crossed it to the other other side. The cry became louder Igbudu had to to increase his pace. And then he found them. The man's back was on the fire as he screamed struggling with his hands and feet suspended to a stake.

"what are you doing!". Igbudu yelled.

The man saw Igbudu first and screamed in hope.

"help! Help me!".

The men turned to Igbudu and stood up abruptly to attack. Igbudu turned to the boys behind him and said.

"stay back! Do nothing!".

Then he spread his legs with his hands stretched forward. The men took up a wooden spear and charged towards Igbudu. Igbudu shot two blue light balls from his palms and hit the men on their chest threwing them 1km backward into a bush. Then he ordered his boys to untie the man.

They took the bind man off the fire and was untying him when one of the men resurfaced from nowhere and threw a wooden spear towards the boys, Igbudu saw it in time and stopped it with a finger; then pointed the spear towards the man, it automatically moved backwards stabbings him on the chest and shooting out from his back. He sagged on his knee vomiting blood.

Zaracs wife has been trying to reach her husband on phone but met no responses. She became very unsettled as she looked out through the window often each time someone passes by.

A call came on her phone and she hurriedly took it.

"hello Sandra". A female voice said.

" hey! How are you", Zaracs wife(Sandra) replied.

" have you seen the news?". The voice asked.

"what news?". She asked.

" put on your TV! Something is going down! I think it's the end of the world. Please don't go out dear". The female voice said.

Sandra quickly ran to the sitting room, picked up the remote control from the center table and tune on the TV. It was the street massacre that was on display. Sandra stop paralyzed as she saw dead bodies lying on the street.

" are you there?". The voice asked.

Sandra shook, bringing herself to reality. Then said.

" I have to call my husband",

" don't go anywhere! Stay indoors;".

" I have to call my husband". Sandra said and hung up.

She looked around the room, rushed to their room, searched in the wade rope and retrieved a 9mm automatic. Then picked up a car key and jet out of the house.

She drove as fast as she could until she met a standstill traffic. She waited impatiently looking often through the window. The traffic seem not to be making any move. She stepped out of the car and started running to the front.

She soon came to a busy junction as cars ran on different directions. She stopped a bike and told rider; a young adventurous looking boy where she's headed. The boy looked at her as though she's insane and said.

"madam! Don't think of going there. It's crazy over there",

" please you have to help me. My husband may be in danger. I'll pay you! Take". She took out a large bundle of cash from her back jean pocket.

The boy looked at the money and swallowed hard, then looked at her. He thought it through and said.

"If I should encounter any problem our deal is off!",

She nodded. Then he bent the bike for her to hop on.

They were few yards away from where Zarac works when a stone missed the boys head. They turned towards the adjacent lane and saw four boys with stones in there hands preparing to throw another. The boy speed off and stopped when he saw dead bodies lying on the street. Two crazy looking men running towards them with a stick and broken bottle. He turned the bike towards his left and sped off.

" stop! Stop!" Sandra said hitting his back.

" are you okay? You want to stop here?", the boy asked stopping.

She alighted and gave him the money. He looked at her and concluded that she's crazy before zooming off.

The men found Sandra and started running towards her. She pulled out the gun she buried in her trouser and fired two clean shots hitting one on the chest and the other on the forehead. They both died instantly. And she shoved the gun back, covered it with her tshirt and started carefully towards the building.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
FTC OOOOOOOOOOO.....
Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
food don land ooooo grin
Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2019
When the president is possessed too the country is finished. There's big trouble in the nation. Igbudu cannot solve it alone

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Devilpen(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
How I wish there could be a cross over of some sort....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / One Night Stand / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.