Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

The Devils Touch - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Touch (77312 Views)

Devils For Supper (a Crime Story) / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves! / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Touch by MoxxxxO123(m): 5:30am On Jun 13, 2019
This is nice

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Fazemood(m): 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow! Igbudu is also captain Nigeria. That nigga is too good

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by MoxxxxO123(m): 5:37am On Jun 14, 2019
This Topher of guy u are damn good

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2019
Igbudu found himself in a bush. He looked around and stood up dusting the mud off his butt. A voice from behind startled him, he jumped and turned over to behold a bald skinny, shirtless, light skinned boy in just white pant with bumps all over his exposed body laughing at him under the reflection of the bright moon light.

Igbudu looked and recognized him speedily, then asked immediately.

“Why did you save me?’’.

He walked closer to Igbudu and examined him from his head to his toe, then said in a mocking tone.

“Almighty Igbudu would have been a dead man. What a shame to die in the hands of mortals”.

Igbudu felt his pride pricked and said aggressively.

“tell me why you saved me? Because the last time I checked I wanted you dead!”.

The boy zoomed off in a flash raising a wind that shook everything around; returned in almost the same second with a chain in his hands.

Igbudu looked at the Chain and couldn’t make a thing out of it. The boy dropped it close to Igbudu’s feet and said.

“The demons I chained escaped. Then more demons I can't tame attacked me. Now, they are coming. Some are here already”. He looked into igbudu’s face and continued . “I need you alive. You can stop them. They’re coming for the boy”.

Igbudu looked up in search for the smoke and couldn’t find it, he returned to the boy who folded his arm following Igbudu’s gaze and said.

‘‘I have lost my lead to him”.

The boy grinned and replied.

“Have you forgotten I’m a half human and half demon? I know how they think. I can help you find him”.

“How are you going to walk around looking like this?’’. Igbudu asked.

He looked at the bumps on his very light skin and said.

‘You’re the one whose head is needed for a reward, who needs to be careful?”.

Igbudu turned from him and looked around the place, the grasses and sticky mud under his feet. The boy knew what he was thinking and said.

‘This is the closest private place I could find. You don’t it?’’

Igbudu picked up his bag and started through a narrow path, while the boy followed him with his arm folded whistling as they headed for the road.

Zarac arrived home and found nobody there. He had knocked severally with no response coming. He met the void of his wife’s car on his way in but decided to enquire by knocking.

All his body felt lifeless as he sagged his butt on the pavement at the entrance of the house. He looked completely lost, tired, hungry and worried sick. He tried not the imagine the gruesome murder he saw earlier, tying his wife’s fate to it. The slightest thought of that irritated him and gave him goose pimples.

A car light shoned into the compound blinding him, he shielded his eyes from it and slowly stood up to see who it was.

A man alighted with a boy in uniform, and both started walking towards the house. when they came closer, Zarac could make out Sam’s figure and when they came more closer, he felt slightly relieved, immediately ran to sam, knelt in front of him and passionately hugged him.

‘’am sorry I didn't come to pick you” he said, checking the time on the Rolex watch on his wrist. “it was a war today. Your mum is not even home yet, I don’t know where she is”.

The man; slim average height in over sized long sleeve top and baggy plain trouser moved backwards and said to Zarac.

‘’I have to be going now”.

“It’s okay, thank you”. Zarac said standing to his feet.

Sam followed the man dragging Zarac with him, Zarac followed him wondering what he wanted. They reached the bus when the man was about entering, he saw them and asked.

‘Any problem?’.

‘my boy wanted me to come. Don’t know what he wants”. Zarac said.

The man looked at Sam who was pointing at the student whose head rested on the bus door window glass looking pitifully at Sam and said casually.

“Oh! His friend. That boy's parents died today, we are taking him to the church. Maybe tomorrow we can find a relative or something”.

Zarac looked at Sam and said.

‘’we cannot keep him; it’s not safe for any of us. We have to stay together”.

Sam forcefully removed his hand from Zarac's and opened the bus door. Zarac looked at Sam surprised; he has never seen this side of him before. Then he turned to the boy’s pathetic face and felt pity for him, then he looked at Sam who frowned almost in tears , he was moved to ask the man if the boy can stay with them till the next day. The man hesitated, but Zarac persuasively convinced him.

The boy alighted in a droopy shoulder and followed them into the compound as the bus drove off.

Zarac remained standing at the gate, moving restlessly and looking at any headlamp shoned towards him or a car sound from a distance with the hope of seeing Sandra approaching.

A ghost walked past Zarac at the gate and wondered into the compound. Sam and the boy saw it; a dark girl, with a wide nose and bold lips. Her red gown elaborated on her little boobs and small butt.

She stood in front of Zarac looking at the boy, trying to understand what he was. Then she caught Sam staring at her. At first, she thought it was coincident, but when she looked closely she realized that Sam could see her. She moved circumspectly towards Sam with an eye on the boy.

“Can you see me?’’. She asked.

Sam looked away, but kept stealing glances at her. She caught him looking again and yelled.

“Yes! I caught you! You can see me! Oh thank goodness!’’. She said sitting beside Sam. “I have been wondering since morning. I found myself here; people running, shouting, it was crazy! And then I realized they can’t see me. That’s when I remembered I was knocked down by a crazy driver”. She burst into automatic tears sobbing.

Sam turned to her looking, but could say nothing.

‘’people die every day okay, my folks are dead too”. The boy barked at her.

She looked up at him surprisingly and asked.

“You have family? Humans?’’.

The boy ignored her and looked at a flash light from a car approaching. The boys stood up and moved towards the gate. A lady stepped down from the car and Zarac ran to her.

President Khalid sat with his possessed ministers and commissioners in a private closed door meeting. They all had different kinds of birds on their shoulders.

“we came before others, we own the power of men! they will try to challenge us, but we are ready”. The president said with a smirk on his face.

“What about the boy?”. One of them: a thick dark man with full afro asked as his crow ate from his palm.

President Khalid looked at the glass cup in front of him and said.

‘I have appointed my best scoopers to find him. We need to kill him so we can enjoy this flesh”.

“But he has now the white ghost with him”. A lady in red flowered gown, with a thick red lipstick on and an owl on her shoulder said.

There was murmuring in the house. The president reasoned it, then looked up and saw everyone whispering to each other. He hit his hands on the table and barked.

“Silence!”.

The whole place met a dead silence. He looked at them ominously with his two hands on the table. Then rest his back on his chair and continued.

“Let’s hope we get Igbudu first. Retrieve the book from him and destroy it. As for the boy, I have good plans for him”. He concluded with a wicked grin.

Ishaw and Bruno were driving home in now wrecked police van that made a loud troubling whistling sound as it moved.

“have you called your girls?”. Ishaw asked.

“when was I to do that? When am fighting for my life?’’ Bruno asked.

Ishaw smiled and used a hand to pick a stick of cigarette from a pack in his chest pocket, took a lighter and light it as he drove.

“are you going home?”. Ishaw asked again.

“where should I go, your village?”. Bruno said and looked out through the window.

A fleet of black crows in thousands covered the sky coming from the east direction. He adjusted himself looking at it, then he tapped Ishaw on his arm.

“what is it!”. Ishaw asked.

And then ishaw saw what Bruno was seeing. The birds flew pass them and everywhere was covered in gross darkness.

They were still looking, when something white ran pass their car in a speed of light. Another followed and another followed. Ishaw had to park by the road side as they watched in fear.

Something climbed their car that spooked them and ran down, it was a goat walking like human. And then black insects in large numbers flew pass. Suddenly everywhere was was calm.

The men looked around completely overtaken by fear. Then a group of stricken old people in white clothes appeared from nowhere walking pass them in a long queue.

Ishaw cigarette burnt out in his partly opened mouth without him knowing. Bruno held on to his balls with his both hands as he looked.

The old people stood on the road and a strong wind came from the west and blew them off into a white smoke.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2019
Wow!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Snipespeter: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2019
You are good man. Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Samnick: 11:57am On Jun 14, 2019
topher the baddest this one na world war 111 the rise of the ghost

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by saucelake231(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
it about too go down.... the league's are now five.. igbudu,his new buddy.Sam frog friend and the white ghost.... nice one topher
Re: The Devils Touch by Kelblaq(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ride on bro grin
Re: The Devils Touch by Kelblaq(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ride on bro cheesy
Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
This one that speedsters have started joining the Legion of Doom, I just pray Igbudu and his Justice League should be able to defeat them

Weldone topher052! Good job! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 15, 2019
One bottle of raddler for you@Topher052 grin

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by MoxxxxO123(m): 5:56am On Jun 15, 2019
Am addicted to this story

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Emmzy201(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2019
Speedsters have join o
I think I saw igbudu this morning

3 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Temmuizza(f): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
Topher shey u will allow someone to sleep peacefully like did,one will nt b dreaming abt all sis stuck in my head,buh nevertheless I must commend u for dis great piece,thumbs up bro am following bumper to bumper
Re: The Devils Touch by Temmuizza(f): 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Topher shey u will allow someone to sleep peacefully like dis,one will nt b dreaming abt all did stuck in my head,buh nevertheless I must commend u for dis great piece,thumbs up bro am following bumper to bumper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Zarac and Sandra came out of the house with a bag and put in the trunk of a taxi. They returned to get the rest bag, while Sam stood by the car with the ghost girl.

" what about your friend?". She asked leaning on the car beside the driver who was exhaling smoke absentmindedly looking around. " is he not coming with you?".

Sam nodded and turned to Zarac who hurried out with a suitcase and dropped at the backseat of the car.

"Sam, don't just stand there doing nothing. Get some stuff out of the house". Zarac said.

" it's finished". Sandra shouted at the door way.

Zarac hurriedly joined her locking the door. Then they both returned to car and the driver drove off.

They had driven for one hour thirty minutes in silence when Zarac looked behind his seat to Sandra and Sam, and said to Sam.

" am sorry, I had to take him back. He cant come with us".

Sam looked out through the window frowning. His eyes caught a snake swallowing someone by the road side, he looked at it again but didn't see anything anymore.

" if we go with him, his family member may come looking for him. That's why Zarac had to take him away this morning". Sandra said touching Sam's arm.

Just then a crow ran into the windscreen startling every one. Hit itself so hard on it and died immediately.

" what's that?". Zarac and Sandra asked simultaneously.

" a blind bird I think". The driver said looking as the bird fell off from the car.

Two crows hit the windscreen again, another flew into the car from Zarac's opened glass and started flying around confusing the driver.

Zarac tried to hit it down while Sandra shouted wielding her hands around. Another bird flew in through the driver side plucking out the his left eye in a swift move which made the driver let go of the steering with his leg pressed hard on the throttle. The car ran into a moult, turned twice in the air before it landed on the headlamp side of the car, then fell on the driver door side.

The driver during the impact hit his chest hard on the steering and died. Sam rolled over and fell on the windscreen. Zarac's seatbelt held him to his chair and Sandra was prevented from rolling over by Zarac's seat. So she fell on the left side door.

Igbudu stood by a public tap waiting for the locals fetching water to allow him wash off. He ignored their disdained stares and slowly moved forward as they moved away for him. He was about to use the tap when a fat dark man in just shorts and rubber slippers shouted.

" hey! Get out of there!".

Igbudu ignored him and put his mouth on the water hole of the tap, then spat the water out before taking some on his palm to wash his face with.

The locals whispered amongst themselves but no one hard the courage to speak up.

The man saw what Igbudu was doing and ran to him shouting. This called the attention of some youth around as they moved inquisitively towards Igbudu.

The man got to Igbudu and forcefully pushed him off the tap and he fell on the wet muddy floor.

" dont you know this is our water!". He turned to the people around and said. " and you allowed this mad man to mess our water up!" Then he said to Igbudu pointing at a static water by the side of the road." That's where mad men drink from. If you must drink from here, get something to fetch with".

Igbudu slowly stood up and looked around for the boy with him. When he couldn't find him, he slowly walked away with his bag hangings across his shoulder.

"I thought you were going to pull a stunt". The boy said laughing.

Igbudu turned abruptly and found the boy behind him.

" I am not in the mood for that today". Igbudu said walking in front of him.

The boy stopped laughing abruptly and looked up in the sky. Igbudu turned to him and asked.

"what's it?".

The boy ignored him sniffing the air with his eyes closed.

" what is it?". Igbudu asked again apprehensively.

" I smell blood. Fresh". The boy said still sniffing.

" his blood?". Igbudu asked.

The boy pointed the east and said with his eyes closed

" there!"

" lets go! Lets go! Before others get him". Igbudu said uneasily as they both started off in a hurry.

The principal had bathed and cleaned up his small sitting room waiting for his finest guest. He checked his breath and armpit, when convinced it was okay, he adjusted his t-shirt and joggers before tuning on the TV.

A knock sounded on the door, he rushed to get the air freshener an sprayed it in the air around the sitting room. Ran to his room to spray for the fifth time a perfume, before he ran to get the door. It was the delivery man holding the pizza he ordered. He hissed and took it from him after paying.

He dropped the pizza on his wooden center table, checked his wrist watch and ran to the kitchen, opened the cabinet, took out a can and poured the concoction in a glass cup and frowned, closed his nose before drinking it all in a gulp.

Then a knock startled him. He dropped the cup hastily and ran to the door. Opened it and there stood Crusial in a wicked tight mini skirt and spaghetti top, everything emphasizing on her curves and bulges. Her face was laden with perfect make up enhancing her beauty. She smiled at him and his heart skipped a beat.

" hi..hi...hi...". He kept saying with eyes fixed on her chest.

She smiled, hugged him and kissed his cheek. He held her so tight licking her neck. She broke the embrace laughing.

" calm down! You will have it all to yourself!". She said walking in dragging the principal by the hand with her.

She sat on the little sofa and he sagged beside her breathing heavily with his body unsettled.

" you look excellent". He said licking his lips.

Then his eyes dropped on the pizza on the table. He hurriedly retrieved it for her.

" I ordered this". He said pulling one slice from the pack directing it to her mouth.

" oh, it's you I want to eat". She said kissing his neck.

"oh my god! You are finishing me". The principal said giggling.

She removed his shirt and kissed his lips. He broke the kiss and rushed her boobs kissing and licking from her shirt. She laughed and said seductively.

" wait! Don't be in a haste, let me get it out for you".

The principal hurriedly took off his joggers as she was taking off her top and grabbed her kissing her chest hungrily.

She raised her head up, her eyes changed and fangs grew in her mouth, her tongue grew so long dangling in the air while the man was lustfully enjoying himself .

She gently pulled his head up and licked his neck, he made to bring his head down but she held his it up, he closed his eyes licking his lips enjoying every bit of what Sandra was giving.

She opened her mouth and was about biting him when a knock startled them both.

The principal looked surprisingly at the door while she hid her face but he was too concerned about the door to notice that.

The knock came again, he hissed and shouted.

" who's that?".

" it's your wife! Open this door!". The female voice yelled hitting the door hard.

He jumped on his feet, looked around confused, muttering.

" she's not supposed to come today".

" who's that?". Crusial asked looking innocently at him.

The principal looked at her and rushed into his trouser and shirt, threw her top on her and said hastily.

" get dressed! Get dressed!".

Crusial gently started wearing her shirt and the knock came again followed with a yell.

" I know there's a woman in that house! Open this door now!".

He dragged her up looking around confused. Then pulled her towards the curtain beside the entrance door and hid her behind it. He composed himself, arranged his cloth and walked to the door.

He opened the door and a fat short lady in a green flowered gown with an unkempt hair forced her way in. She spotted the pizza and looked around the room saying.

"where's she?".

" who?". The principal asked ignorantly.

She frowned at him and dashed into the house.

" where is who?". The principal asked rushing to the curtain. Opened it, pushed Crusial out and shut the door. Then heaved and yelled rushing in to the house. "you this crazy woman, who told you there's someone here?".

Ishaw looked away at the sight of a dead man covered in blood. Bruno shook his head and said.

" it looks like regurgitation".

" that's the grossest thing I have seen". Ishaw said standing to his feet.

" what do you suspect?". Bruno asked.

" let the medics decide". Ishaw said and spat.

"I think it's a snake". Bruno said.

Ishaw looked at him and scuffed.

"what nonsense!". He said.

Bruno was shocked at his response.

" after what we saw the other day?". Bruno asked.

Ishaw took out a cigarette and light it. Then wiped the droplet of sweat on his forehead and blew off a large smoke.

" sir, there's another similar case sir". An officer said.

Ishaw cursed and kicked the air. Bruno smiled and asked the officer.

". Where?".

" along the Baptist Church road". The officer said.

Bruno heaved a worried sigh and rest his back on a Hilux and looked at ishaw who was busy exhaling smoke from his nostrils.

" what do you make out of this brother?". Bruno asked.

Ishaw suddenly burst in an hysterical laughter holding his tummy. Bruno and the officer looked at him inquisitively.

" the end is here". He said laughing.

Just then Ishaw spotted Igbudu from a distance crossing the road to the right lane. He stopped laughing abruptly and called Bruno's attention.

"look at that man walking".

Bruno looked towards the direction Ishaw was pointing to and asked.

" who's he?"

" the bringer of the apocalypse". Ishaw said still looking.

That was when Bruno recognized the description given at the police station. And he said immediately moving towards a van.

" what are we waiting for . Lets take him down!".

Ishaw alerted other police men and they entered a van.

Zarac opened his eyes and saw lots of crows eating the flesh of the driver. Some perched on Sam and was peeking his head. He hit them off Sam, unbuckled his seat belt and fell on the door side. The birds flew away and returned in a forceful attack peeking him all over. He covered his head as he wield them off, yet they were relentless.

More crow joined in forcing their way into the car.

Sandra waken by the noise and the peeking on her arm. She saw a bird flying towards her eyes and turned abruptly with a faint scream.

More crows joined and the car was completely covered with crows.

Sam moved his head and a crow peeked his chin injuring him. He immediately came to consciousness. Zarac had moved to the back seat to shield Sandra with his body.

Sam summoned some strength and sat up wielding the birds away. His eyes immediately turned white and a white light like explosion from his body threw all the birds away and he fainted on the door.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by PSTEMMA1960(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
First to comment...... grin
Re: The Devils Touch by enm(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Wow!

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Why is that principal still alive...ehn

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by Nayo08(m): 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
greatme2good:
Why is that principal still alive...ehn
considering the number of times he's slipped death he might be part of something big

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by saucelake231(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2019
Nayo08:
considering the number of times he's slipped death he might be part of something big
ur actually right......

I think he has something too do with the league..

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
saucelake231:
ur actually right......

I think he has something too do with the league..

Which league? Justice league?

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by germaphobe(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
continue bro, we dey with you
Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
pu7pl3:

Which league? Justice league?
premier league smileysmileysmiley

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Emmzy201(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Another one
Re: The Devils Touch by pu7pl3(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
statistics1:

premier league smileysmileysmiley

Abi league of extra ordinary gentlemen grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
Speechlees.....

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ishaw turned his face away and light a cigarette. A body man laid on the floor skinned alive with his body shaking in pain. He kept moving his eyes shooting from his socket and gnashing his teeth since his lips were gone. The medics were yet to arrive, just a few police men were on ground securing the parameter.

Bruno moved to Ishaw with an irritated face.

"let's put him out of his misery ". Bruno said.

Ishaw frowned and asked.

"what's doing this?".

"are you asking? after what we saw last night and you're asking?". Bruno said.

"Last night was like a nightmare! can't take it in yet". Ishaw said.

"I think the end may be here". Bruno said shrugging.

Ishaw's eyes caught a police officer who was receiving a call from his radio and beckoned him over. when the office came to him, he asked almost in a whisper with an eye on the struggling man on the floor.

"what's that?".

"The medics are stuck in a traffic". the police officer replied.

Before Ishaw could say another word, Bruno fired a straight bullet into his head, splashing blood around. The gunshot startled everyone and Ishaw looked at the man who laid still with his head on his ride side and eyes opened.

"Better, isn't it?''. Bruno asked taking a stick from the pack in Ishaws hand.

Ishaw looked at him surprisingly and said.

"smoking will kill you".

"Not today". He said smiling as he light the stick.

Ishaw suddenly spotted Igbudu crossing to another lane. He took off his sun glass and strained his eyes to be sure. And when convinced, he tapped Bruno on the shoulder and pointed towards Igbudu. Bruno followed his direction and said exhaling smoke.

'' A mad man?".

Ishaw looked at him angrily and said.

'' That's the man we are looking for!".

Bruno then placed the description to Igbudu's features.Then nodded to Ishaw and shouted calling everyone's attention.

"we got someone to bring down! get in your cars lets go!".

"Let three men stay here!". Igbudu added as he joined Bruno who was rushing into their car.

Igbudu mistakenly kicked a stone and bent over in pain to inspect the injury. He had a little bruise on his big toe. He cursed under his breath and continued his walk limping.

Then a siren called his attention behind him, he looked at the cars racing towards him and wondered where they were going to, then stood for them to pass. To his surprise the car drove in front of him and the men started jumping out even before the car stopped. He needed no one to tell him what to do. Immediately he ran down the hill by the road side, leading to the forest. The slope forced him forward as he ran too fast and fell rolling down grasses and little buds.

"Get him dead or alive!". Igbudu screamed, rushing down the hill with the police men.

Igbudu finally stopped, stood up and continued. A gun shot missed his head just as he bent down to dodge a branch and hit a tree in front of him. He turned abruptly and saw the police officer aiming another shot. He rushed behind a big three and the bullet missed him again.

"Grin! Where are you!". He whispered, looking around intensively.

Few more police officer joined the first, all aiming to fire. There was no escape for him.As the police men gently approached the tree he was hiding behind.

He quickly opened his bag, and took out a powder, blew it in the air and the men instantly dozed off standing. He peeped and saw them sleeping staggering to hold up, then took off running down the hill.

He had left few seconds when Ishaw and the rest police men found the men sleeping.

'what's this?'. Bruno asked, looking strangely at the men.

"Get him!" Ishaw commanded the men with him.

Bruno slapped the men on the head one after another and they jumped up looking apprehensively around. One of them fired and killed one of the officers in front running after Igbudu.

This delayed the pursuit as even those in front who could see Igbudu's back returned to the accident.

"am sorry, i didn't know. I thought it's him". The police officer said in tears looking at the officer he shot coughing blood dying.

Ishaw looked at the direction Igbudu took and couldn't find a trace of him. Then he said to Bruno.

"am going after him. It's either him or me".

"am coming with you. Don't try to stop me". Bruno said moving in front of Igbudu.

Then Ishaw turned to one of the police man and said.

"Stay with the rest. You! You! Come with me!".

Two police officers joined him as they raced down the hill with Bruno running angrily in front.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Zarac pulled Sam out of the car and tried to resuscitate him using his cloth to fan him and Sandra standing worried behind him. Soon Sam opened his eyes and slowly sat up.

"Are you okay?'. Zarac asked looking at him with concern.

Sandra quickly hugged him and sat beside him. Zarac looked around; the birds laid dead on the floor, the driver was still lying dead in the car and he looked up the hill from where the car fell from. He heaved a sigh of relief for being alive. Then he said to Sam and Sandra.

"we have to get out of here".

Sandra gently stood up pulling Sam up too with his hands. Zarac looked around for a possible way upwards, and then heard a fast approaching foot step. He looked at the direction abruptly and then to Sandra. Sandra heard it too and held Sam moving behind the car.

'Hide! Hide!". Zarac said pulling Sandra's hand running into a nearby bush.

Just then, Igbudu ran pass the car; First, he noticed the car and his body signaled him to wait but when he turned to his back, he saw Bruno aiming to fire. He continued and the gun shot missed him. He held on to the bag firmly calling Grin's name as he ran.

Zarac looked from his hiding place, and watched them run pass. He turned to Sandra who held Sam so close to her chest and said in a whisper bending himself further more.

"someone is trying to kill another. Stay down".

Sandra nodded and held Sam firmly.

Ishaw got to the car incident and stopped, bending down with his two hands on his knee breathing heavily. The two men with him stopped too looking at him.

'Go! Go! i...i want...to see what happened...here. Go!". he said coughing, pointing at the direction Bruno took.

The men continued while he stood straight with a and on the car tire still breathing fast. Then he took notice of the birds around which increased his curiosity. He moved closer to the car and looked inside, there laid the driver lying on his side with his head facing down. He looked up the hill and figured immediately what happened.

Zarac turned to Sandra who touched his back.

'what is it?'. Zarac asked in a whisper.

"i Think he is a police". Sandar whispered back.

Zarac raised a hand for her to stay calm and continued peeping. Sam was completely overtaken by fear and remained still where he was in Sandra's embrace.

Igbudu stopped in front of a river. He wanted to jump in then remembered the book in the bag. He whispered Grin's name but got to response. Then he turned his back to look for another route of escape but met Bruno wielding the gun at him.

"IF you move! I'll blow your head off!". Bruno said in-between his teeth.

Igbudu thought of a million way out of this, but he can do nothing without his bag being opened, so he remained calm looking at Bruno who was ready to shoot at the slightest provocation.

The two police men joined him, breathing as they pointed the gun at Igbudu.

"Drop that bag!". Bruno said moving slowly towards him.

Igbudu looked around for Grin but didn't find him. Bruno shot him in his shoulder and the bag fell from him.

"Get him". Bruno said to the officers.

They carefully got to Igbudu and cuffed him even as he cried in pain with the bullet wound in his shoulder.

***********************************************************************************************************************

A big giant gorilla and two snake like men in arch scaly skin stood around Grin who looked at them in fear. He had tried to speed off but the snakelike men were twice faster than him. They had chained his feet and hands behind his back and were standing around him breathing heavily, looking ominously at him as he tried to break free in vain.

A goat walking like a man walked in between the snakelike men and when Grin saw it he was overtaken by shock as he sat looking with opened eyes and mouth.

The goat grinned and said walking to Grin.

"a captor is now a captive. I told you, you should have killed me when you had the chance".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Hardes(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
first to comment... Topher thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by saucelake231(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
wow.... Almighty igbudu captured....

waiting for the next episode..

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Emmzy201(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
This episode is confusing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / One Night Stand / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.