Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966833 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 9:19am On Jul 16, 2013
Gee2728: on my car manual it states 62liters but most times it takes abt 65 to 67 liters 2 fill up.

I noticed the same thing with my W203. manual indicates 62.01 liters but I unusually have to take more than that at the gas station.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2013
WHERE IS KUNTASH?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2013
You should also understand that most filling stations in Nigeria the pump at the filling stations have been tampered and as such 1 Litre isn't 1 Litre. Also another factor might be that the additional litres is channelled to reserve.
danadam:

I noticed the same thing with my W203. manual indicates 62.01 liters but I unusually have to take more than that at the gas station.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
au.hanson:
Guys in the house, i want to transplant a Kompressor engine into my 95 c180. I understand the fact that i'll need to match it with its corresponding ECU that has the equivalent chip in it; i also understand that it is a longterm wear item; i need to know the dynamics ; the precaution and the cheapest but effective way i could go about this project.

Alternatively, can i instead install the supercharger to this present engine to work.

Gurus in the house, your technical contribution and suggestion is welcome and would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
Am patiently waiting for the success of your project cos i also wish to dump a C180 W203 kompressor engine in my C240 W203. just trying to get perfomance and fuel economy all together. advice needed too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
@tommysparks, are u saying that your w203 c180k is more powerful than c240?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Gee2728: @tommysparks, are u saying that your w203 c180k is more powerful than c240?
FROM WHAT HAS BEEN SAID HERE, JUST SEEMS THE KOMPRESSORS GOT MORE POWER THAN NORMAL ASPIRATED ENGINES AND SINCE C180K IS A SMALLER ENGINE MEANS BETTER FUEL ECONOMY. OR MAYBE I RATHER TRADE IN THE C240 FOR A C180K.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
tommysparks:
FROM WHAT HAS BEEN SAID HERE, JUST SEEMS THE KOMPRESSORS GOT MORE POWER THAN NORMAL ASPIRATED ENGINES AND SINCE C180K IS A SMALLER ENGINE MEANS BETTER FUEL ECONOMY. OR MAYBE I RATHER TRADE IN THE C240 FOR A C180K.
not so sure abt that, I drive a W202 C230k and most times its hard for even W203's to run away from me but am not 100perct sure a C180K will out gun a C240.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
tommysparks:
here's wat I found out. C180K(141hp, 220nm of torque) vs C240(170hp, 240nm of torque). Based on my small knowledge of cars its the torque that accelerate a car while horse power takes it 2 topspeed. But with the added S/C is deffinately an added advantage for the C180K and if it cost less then its a sure bergain.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2013
Guys am planning on washing the engine of my C230 kompressor but dnt want to use water. Pls any suggestion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
au.hanson:

Sorry , i just saw this now. It will still work, depending on how it was coded to your security system.

Reason why i changed mine is that i didn't want to encounter any of those security issues that i may not understand.. so i decided to build a system of my own that i could fully understand with my finger tips. i install mine at the boot differently from the usual installation at the hood or under the dash board

I live in PH, i bought mine from Alogi Market(pls forgive the spelling if i am wrong), near Aba. In short, i ordered for it from there.. I know there are several other places you can get them like Lagos, Kaduna, Onitsha, etc.

Thanks Oga Hanson, I live in Abuja buh I visit Aba regularly. I knw Alaoji market well. I will replace my harness soon buh now the main thing am replacing is my 018 ECU, (see pic) I am fixing a 015 one. I have confirm dats dd problem because my electrician put anoda one and my car stopped jerking and reved smoothly.
I am grateful to you all for your contributions. I love this forum. BENZ for life!!! cool

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by maameen: 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
pls i need a spare key for my mercedes benz e320 2002 model. any idea where i can get it in lagos and how much?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello my fellow MB fans, I was at automart today with a friend who is trying to join our MB group, I was checking if I could get a clean 1999 model C 220 elegance for him, or any clean and neatly used C class of any model , later we saw this 2005 A class 210. my question goes thus :- is there anyone here that is using or has used this A class series before? if yes please enlightened me on the pros and cons of the car, because am personally interested. (2) anybody that have used C 220 class with factory fitted A/C, auto transmission, Formica dashboard, 4 cylinders engine, and extra clean. please contact me at pafestula@yahoo.com. or 07030076308. 08184141413. 08023596805 Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 21, 2013
check the trinity guys
maameen: pls i need a spare key for my mercedes benz e320 2002 model. any idea where i can get it in lagos and how much?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Need an evap temp sensor for w202 c180!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 26, 2013
Howcome nobody is talking about the camshaft sensor problem with the benz?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2013
cne010: Howcome nobody is talking about the camshaft sensor problem with the benz?
What about it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
Does anyone here know if Octane booster is a must for a 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor. In Nigeria i guess our octane level in our fuel is 90 RON while the car requires a premium unleaded fuel with a higher Octane level. Though the Nigerian fuel is unleaded but the Octane level is low. Does this have any effect on the car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
bong4:

HAnson thanks for taking time to respond, i really appreciate this. Well i stay in ile ife though i visit lagos once in a while. So the challenge of having a competent hand is still there. I use Abro transmission oil though a friend recommended Sea Horse which contains Dextron 3 which i am yet to use. I am just managing the gear.
The new one still has this challenge of smooth change in gears, sometimes there is this viscious jerk during change which can be very disturbing. You mentioned something like filter at gear box bottom plate, is that the exact name or rather can you expantiate on this cos the mechs heremay not get it. Secondly what transmission oil do you recommend.

Thanks so much. Where is your location please? Regards

you are welcome my dear
i have not been very particular about the type in my car tho i normally do use abro at all times because the gearbox of this car dnt usually give headache. but i will findout the recommended oil for you. Usually i call it gearbox filter , dnt know if they have their own name, i will still findout for u too, tho last time i change, i changed mine by myself

i live in PH
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
aikerism:

Thanks Oga Hanson, I live in Abuja buh I visit Aba regularly. I knw Alaoji market well. I will replace my harness soon buh now the main thing am replacing is my 018 ECU, (see pic) I am fixing a 015 one. I have confirm dats dd problem because my electrician put anoda one and my car stopped jerking and reved smoothly.
I am grateful to you all for your contributions. I love this forum. BENZ for life!!! cool

i'm happy that you have started enjoying your ride again..but word of caution, if your harness wire is truely bad, make sure you replace it immediately before it damage the new ecu too.
enjoy ur Benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Eyop:

Well said Hanson but my 1st question is are you aware that the naturally aspirated engine of the C230 is quieter than the Kompressor engine? I agree with you on the issue of mechanics because an inexperience mechanic can ruin it all for you and that's the reason why one must be careful before handing over your car for repairs or servicing. I have always been a lover of the mercedes in all aspect because of its durability and handling most especially when embarking on a long trip. I want to pre-order a mercedes benz from the United States and i was initially looking at 2005 C230 Kompressor but after i heard so many stories that the Kompressor is a wear item and it cost thousands to order a new one from the United States after it gets bad.

So apart from the fact that the 2006 C230 is a newer car compared to the 2005 C230 Kompressor,i was advised by the mechanics to stay away from the superchargers and even some car gurus on nairaland like Trac even mentioned same on some of their responses and that's the reason why i then concentrated on naturally aspirated models like the 2006 and 2007 but i do not like the 2007 because of the wheels as it is not as fashionable as the 2005 and 2006.

The 2008 C300 is as well nice but the price to land here is above my budget. The difference in consumption of fuel between the both cars isn't easily noticeable. 2005: 23 city while 29 Highway and 2006: 21 city while 27 Highway. I guess you have a lot of experience with the Benz so what will you be your advice now?[b][/b]

Sorry i'm late already, have been very very busy with program codes, but i'm happy that Gee has already done justice to these questions just like i told you earlier on.

However, for my advice, just like i told you before, it should all base on your preference, whether you like performance glued with economy, or whether you are ok with just ordinary naturally aspirated engines? As for me, i dnt mind the price i would pay for those superchargers(after all its no more big deal these days to fix them), i need my Benz to be a Benz on the road(especially higways and freeways) all way round, no rival vehicle should dare my machine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yeah i have taken the decision to stick with the 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor. The 2007 is not economical at all so let me just stick with the 2005. However i asked a question which no one has done justice to it. It's on the issue of the fuel. The 2005 Mercedes C230 requires premium unleaded fuel but in Nigeria it's the regular unleaded fuel that we have and the octane is just 90RON while the car requires a minimum of 91RON. So can you contribute to that?
au.hanson:

Sorry i'm late already, have been very very busy with program codes, but i'm happy that Gee has already done justice to these questions just like i told you earlier on.

However, for my advice, just like i told you before, it should all base on your preference, whether you like performance glued with economy, or whether you are ok with just ordinary naturally aspirated engines? As for me, i dnt mind the price i would pay for those superchargers(after all its no more big deal these days to fix them), i need my Benz to be a Benz on the road(especially higways and freeways) all way round, no rival vehicle should dare my machine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2013
Mercedes Benz W202 C180, C200, C220, C230 etc including other cars online owner manual. It is in Russian but Google translation is near perfect.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmercedes-w201.5go.ru%2F
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
pafestula: Hello my fellow MB fans, I was in automart today with a friend who is trying to join our MB group, I was checking if I could get a clean 1999 model C 220 elegance for him, or any clean and neatly used C class of any model , later we saw this 2005 A class 210. my question go thus :- is there anyone here that is using or has used this A class series before? if yes please enlightened me on the pros and cons of the car, because am personally interested. (2) anybody that have used C 220 class with factory fitted A/C, auto transmission, Formica dashboard, 4 cylinders engine, and extra clean. please contact me at pafestula@yahoo.com. or 07030076308. 08184141413. 08023596805 Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
My guy I don think this fuel thing tire. Abeg if u want buy car just go ahead leave all that issue behing. I swear with the experience of my 2000 C230 kompressor if u buy that car(2005 C230kompressor) u no go want sleep for house. Alway u go want dey drive...........its so fun to have a supercharger on demand. My car is so sweet newer models dnt even trip me much.
Eyop: Yeah i have taken the decision to stick with the 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor. The 2007 is not economical at all so let me just stick with the 2005. However i asked a question which no one has done justice to it. It's on the issue of the fuel. The 2005 Mercedes C230 requires premium unleaded fuel but in Nigeria it's the regular unleaded fuel that we have and the octane is just 90RON while the car requires a minimum of 91RON. So can you contribute to that?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
pls benz gurus what is the cumulative effect of a bad gearbox converter?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Eyop: Yeah i have taken the decision to stick with the 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor. The 2007 is not economical at all so let me just stick with the 2005. However i asked a question which no one has done justice to it. It's on the issue of the fuel. The 2005 Mercedes C230 requires premium unleaded fuel but in Nigeria it's the regular unleaded fuel that we have and the octane is just 90RON while the car requires a minimum of 91RON. So can you contribute to that?

Just forget about the fuel matter, cos there's a way out..To the best of my knowledge all Benz are meant to be driven on premium fuel if you don't want fuel issue related problems, but that is certainly impossible in Naija. Does it mean that we dont drive benz? of course we do..Let me give you one tip which i have been using over the years, if you have issues because of non additives or premium fuel, just pour a full gallon of thinner or half to your fuel full tank and off you go with power and performance all way round. This is hard to believe anyway, but i am not sure i have time to expansiate on this. But the good news is , it works for me full time, it removes rough idle,jerking, lack of power or drawback from your machine(saving ur plugs to last forever) completely as well as great improvement on performance and economy. It is the best additives i can think of for German machines.

So bother yourself not with fuel issue, embrace our local tech, it works. Experiment this , then you'll never turn back again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2013
any thinner?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

au.hanson:

Just forget about the fuel matter, cos there's a way out..To the best of my knowledge all Benz are meant to be driven on premium fuel if you don't want fuel issue related problems, but that is certainly impossible in Naija. Does it mean that we dont drive benz? of course we do..Let me give you one tip which i have been using over the years, if you have issues because of non additives or premium fuel, just pour a full gallon of thinner or half to your fuel full tank and off you go with power and performance all way round. This is hard to believe anyway, but i am not sure i have time to expansiate on this. But the good news is , it works for me full time, it removes rough idle,jerking, lack of power or drawback from your machine(saving ur plugs to last forever) completely as well as great improvement on performance and economy. It is the best additives i can think of for German machines.

So bother yourself not with fuel issue, embrace our local tech, it works. Experiment this , then you'll never turn back again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2013
thinner in fuel tank? wont it damage the catalytic cracking unit of the engine?
am really scared here.Hanson pls shed more light before i indulge
just came across this on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/129222/where-one-buy-premium-fuel/1
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
My brother that's the same question i keep asking myself. However it all depends on the chemical contents in the thinner that makes it work like the Octane boosters but the measurement really matters a lot. I had already gone through the link you displayed in regards to Octane booster. Just forget about that one because that was also a marketing strategy to sell his product even though it was some how informative. I have gone through a lot of information posted online in regards to the Octane boosters i.e if they are really worth it. Some people mentioned that it is waste of money that they do not work while some mentioned that they only experienced a little change from their usual experience.
tommysparks: thinner in fuel tank? wont it damage the catalytic cracking unit of the engine?
am really scared here.Hanson pls shed more light before i indulge
just came across this on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/129222/where-one-buy-premium-fuel/1

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.