Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967852 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Use them all
Savage
LoL
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

It's extremely addictive. Orgasmic
very very...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

ML350 is another SUV that I am eyeing... It's a good brand. I haven't owned it before but I rarely see it at my benz mechanic apart from change of brakes and engine oil and other routine things that one do in a car... My mechanic says it's a great car .

It is not also a balloon suspension like s class it's normal shocks! It's a good one from what I heard
This looks great.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
I drive an ML... Bros Benz is a luxury car and you must first of all know that it is a premium brand... You are not buying Mazda or Toyota or some funny Mitsubishi...

Dude you are buying a Benz... It's a prestige

And as of maintenance.. it's not that much because you change oil once a year and you use Benz gear oil which is about 2k per one you use about 7 of it

Also ... Shocks last like 5 years it's a German engineering not Asian stuff

Finally , get a good mechanic.. Benz is a good brand and rugged also

If you want cheap things abeg go buy Toyota Highlander .... Benz is for men

Anyone deceiving you that an ML W163 was actually luxurious was actually lying and if you are thinking it is, then you're self delusional. Imagine a truck with scandalously huge panel gaps, terrible interior trims and bland designs, not to even talk about how it drives so soulless.

As for shocks, the last time I checked, my Lexus has done 6years and I just decided to replace it's shocks last December. My highlander did 4years and never did I replace her shocks.

What an irony coming from someone driving a truck not more than 1.9m ahahahahah a 2003 rav4 ,cost about 2.2m a 2003 highlander cost around 2.5m toks. Now who's a cheapskate?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Anyone deceiving you that an ML W163 was actually luxurious was actually lying and if you are thinking it is, then you're self delusional. Imagine a truck with scandalously huge panel gaps, terrible interior trims and bland designs, not to even talk about how it drives so soulless.

As for shocks, the last time I checked, my Lexus has done 6years and I just decided to replace it's shocks last December. My highlander did 4years and never did I replace her shocks.

What an irony coming from someone driving a truck not more than 1.9m ahahahahah a 2003 rav4 ,cost about 2.2m a 2003 highlander cost around 2.5m toks. Now who's a cheapskate?

To be fair to him, he buys all four shocks 25k grin. If it lasts 5 years, that's impressive grin

AmuDimpka:

You are right, that car is awesome....the compressor of ML320 (2005) that I am driving is 30k , the shocks is 25k for the 4 , the filter is 1,500, the ignition coil is 3k, the gear is 60k

And these things rarely get spoiled. Benz is a good brand.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
I drive an ML... Bros Benz is a luxury car and you must first of all know that it is a premium brand... You are not buying Mazda or Toyota or some funny Mitsubishi...

Dude you are buying a Benz... It's a prestige

And as of maintenance.. it's not that much because you change oil once a year and you use Benz gear oil which is about 2k per one you use about 7 of it

Also ... Shocks last like 5 years it's a German engineering not Asian stuff

Finally , get a good mechanic.. Benz is a good brand and rugged also

If you want cheap things abeg go buy Toyota Highlander .... Benz is for men
bro ur using the fake trinity and ojekunle Benz transmission oil
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

That is one of the best SUV you can drive . .the handling and the movement is good... The engine is built like a tank... Ana funny enough fuel consumption is okay... Ensure that your catalyst isn't taken and your MAF is good

But trust me that is one of the finest SUV and it commands respect! Police seff dey fear to stop me only they stop and ask anything for your boys ....

The maintenance isn't that bad, ask anyone that drives that SUV it's a good car... It's my first SUV but not my first Benz

I have never had any issue with the engine ...the only thing I did is to change that plugs that's all...engine has never given me issues...I am planning to change the shocks for the first time since I bought it...guess what? The 4 shocks isn't up to 30k ....that is it !

I want to buy the new model LED lights , I learnt it's about 40k...but the old model light just 10k

It's a great car

that shud be 2002 ml 320 u talking abt

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Stop, stop. He's dead already grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
Bizzyliss:
that shud be 2002 ml 320 u talking abt
mine is 03/04, I saw it on the side panel and the VIN number also... It has silver trimmings at the knobs of AC and also two speakers at the front doors one up near side mirrow and the main Bose

But basically 2004 and 2002 are basically the same just few things like bumper, sensors , navigation and small things but same engine 320 engine v6

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
Bizzyliss:
bro ur using the fake trinity and ojekunle Benz transmission oil
I can use olive oil, palm oil or any oil, it's my car and my money

Now get the fück out of my mention... I have noticed you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
I think some folks here are crazy! All these Toyota boys and their dï ck measurements... We have agreed thssg your Toyota is the best car in milky ways why this madness

I asked my mechanic for a pair of shocks for the first time he told me the price and yet some idiots are arguing it .. why don't they go to ladipo and price it.. we have a line that is dedicated to Benz from G wag to C classe .. nawa for all these clowns

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Here he goes again.. every thread of Benz you go this Toyota this and that... That was why one guy insulted you badly in the other former Benz.. I wonder how a mature man like you can be a troll or clout chaser... You should be up to 30! Dude grow up

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

You did your shock 6 yrs congratulations! I don't drive cars that long sir... And I just decided to change just the front pair.. is there anything bad about it.. do you know what I use the car to do or where I go with the car

Okay Lexus is amazing... Bye bye

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
rationalmind:

To be fair to him, he buys all four shocks 25k grin. If it lasts 5 years, that's impressive grin

Dude this is my second benz and I have driven cars also... I am sorry I have never driven a car up to 5 yrs ! I don't pray for that sir ... The highest I have driven a car is 4 yrs ... I get bored easily, I am driving ML Less than 1yr plus I have started eyeing ML 350 OR ML 450... maybe after that I do GL 450... I hope we get to that level but as it it's now, it's Benz or BMW just that is what it is ... Done with Japs

My choice

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Really? What's the fuel economy like?
Is there 04/05 ML 320?

Yes we have 04/05 ML 320 That was the last model before ML350 Started by 05/06

https://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/m-class/2004/consumer-reviews/
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

lols
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

we no dey fight o mr w163
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Here he goes again.. every thread of Benz you go this Toyota this and that... That was why one guy insulted you badly in the other former Benz.. I wonder how a mature man like you can be a troll or clout chaser... You should be up to 30! Dude grow up

Here we go again, you should not fail to realize that you don't have monopoly of any thread neither do you have monopoly of choice of discussion brought by anyone. If you have any problems with my choice speech, deal with it. I'm not here to masturbate your ego.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Here we go again, you should not fail to realize that you don't have monopoly of any thread neither do you have monopoly of choice of discussion brought by anyone. If you have any problems with my choice speech, deal with it. I'm not here to masturbate your ego.
they keep insulting you everywhere not only this thread...do you enjoy chasing clout of trolling

I don't get it

Well have a great day ...you can keep measuring Dìck

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
Bizzyliss:
we no dey fight o mr w163

I have notice you oga mobile 101

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
they keep insulting you everywhere not only this thread...do you enjoy chasing clout of trolling

I don't get it

Well have a great day ...you can keep measuring Dìck

Whatever, dickhead
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreignn:

Whatever, dickhead
I would not go into gutters with you . The insult they have given you here is enough to last you a life time

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
KINGreign.n:

Whatever, dickhead
Nurey

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
I would not go into gutters with you . The insult they have given you here is enough to last you a life time
grin grin grin grin grin grin
The insults is not only here ooo, the guy dey chop knock outs steady for this forum cos na ITK him be.
He has unfollowed this thread more than a million times but he can't stay a minute without coming here.
grin grin grin grin grin...
They are many here.. Corolla shitbox people.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
This was how Buhari started and we never checkmate him until he became a nuisance to nigerian. Now you're down the same path and we won't let you be a nuisance. Nope, not on our watch hence the occasional checkmate to bring you down from your high horse.
NEVER AGAIN!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
banky3w:

This was how Buhari started and we never checkmate him until he became a nuisance to nigerian. Now you're down the same path and we won't let you be a nuisance. Nope, not on our watch hence the occasional checkmate to bring you down from your high horse.
NEVER AGAIN!
who is this one again....all these guys don't you rest

This is a Benz thread and not political thread that you would insult the president...it seems that you guys get orgasm trolling and clout chasing

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2020
shortgun:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
The insults is not only here ooo, the guy dey chop knock outs steady for this forum cos na ITK him be.
He has unfollowed this thread more than a million times but he can't stay a minute without coming here.
grin grin grin grin grin...
They are many here.. Corolla shitbox people.
...they keep insulting him everywhere...all the thread I read , they insult him...

They just argue for arguing sake .. always comparing. I can't get into conversation with him...yet he keeps quoting everyone and they keep insulting him

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
banky3w:

NEVER AGAIN!
The best or nothing. Mercedes Benz!!

Inception:
Hi guys,

3 weeks ago I recently purchased a Toks 2008 Lexus ES 350 from Lagos.
Upon arrival I noticed a slightly harsh 1-2 shift ( which was quite unusual for a U660E transmission, as I have driven many) amongst other minor nuances.

But my current worry now is that on a typical cold start, I noticed a quite serious 2-3 shift flare and 4-5 shift flare( which is even worse than the 2-3 flare), accompanied by the occasional 1-2 harsh shift. But after like 7 minutes of driving, the shift flare is gone( but the 1-2 harsh shift is still there).
Also noticeable is a harsh engagement into reverse from Neutral or park. Shifting from Drive to reverse and vice versa is quite smooth

So far I have not done anything to the transmission ( nothing has been touched)

No transmission code is present.

Pls help advise me on what to do because it is becoming a source of worry that the transmission may pack up soon

Gurus in the House:

Kashif
Kiign
KInn
Radautouworks
Honmmusa
Autoloigic
Gazzuziz
Cardoctoyr

Inception:

It is well. That is all I would say for now.
I have not enjoyed that car for one full day since it was bought

We Benz owners should sympathize with this Nairalander... That transmission costs 350,000 -500,000.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
shortgun:

I am very disappointed with this....how is C- Class not a Benz?
Mercedes Benz have a big family for people to choose from based on individual taste; just like any other brand.
Can u state Ur reasons why u think C-klass is not a Benz?
For all I know the C- class is even higher than some Mercedes models.
You see more of the C-klass on the road cos many people love the compactness and sportiness that comes with the C.
They buy that because it is what they can afford. Not like they necessarily like the compactness. Give them an e class and they won't even hesitate.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Iogobenz(m): 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
9icetoo:

They buy that because it is what they can afford. Not like they necessarily like the compactness. Give them an e class and they won't even hesitate.
undecided
Not everyone is into big,roomy cars.
And what do you think is the price difference between C and E classes in the used car market in Nigeria?
Not much if you ask me.
Where I might agree with you is MAINTENANCE!!!
Everybody dey fear E for that one. undecided
And we know no one will accept having a huge liability like an E klass as a gift,since its satan's gift itself so I wonder why you all are here chanting about C klass owners not being able to afford E klasses.
Las las na motor,not like you japs buy yours brand new too so?
Like say no be 15year old japs una too dey buy undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ogbuefi677(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
9icetoo:

I used to think you knew a thing about cars but now I know you're just a wannabe.
Most real drivers go for compact cars for several reasons including;
1.Incospicous.A C class is less noticeable compared to a Camry though the Camry is a big,empty box compared to the C.For very shy ppl like us,this is very significant.
2:Ability to maneuver and shunt in traffic.A 360 turn that would take others 2 or 3 turnings to complete, you can do it in 1 clean sweep.
3:Can squeeze into the smallest parking space.
4:Easy to dodge gallops,potholes.
Etc etc

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
Iogobenz:
undecided
Not everyone is into big,roomy cars.
And what do you think is the price difference between C and E classes in the used car market in Nigeria?
Not much if you ask me.
Where I might agree with you is MAINTENANCE!!!
Everybody dey fear E for that one. undecided
And we know no one will accept having a huge liability like an E klass as a gift,since its satan's gift itself so I wonder why you all are here chanting about C klass owners not being able to afford E klasses.
Las las na motor,not like you japs buy yours brand new too so?
Like say no be 15year old japs una too dey buy undecided
E Klasse maintenance is not outrageous. Not at all!! I stopped using C klasse after driving an E Klasse!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.