Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967607 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
Iogobenz:
what badge does it carry undecided Toyota?
Somehow one lady in Lagos suddenly feels she is in the board of directors at Stuttgart undecided
Mtcheew
Don't mind them abeg....they just want us to fight ourselves, a Benz is a Benz.
A class, B class, C class, E class or G.... all na Benz.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:
LET'S SETTLE THIS RIGHT NOW! when we are talking Mercedes, please don't bring c class into the conversation. That is NOT a Mercedes. It's an excuse for Mercedes do sell to people who would otherwise not be able to drive a Mercedes.
Nothing wey Buhari no go see for shithole grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
shortgun:

I am very disappointed with this....how is C- Class not a Benz?
Mercedes Benz have a big family for people to choose from based on individual taste; just like any other brand.
Can u state Ur reasons why u think C-klass is not a Benz?
For all I know the C- class is even higher than some Mercedes models.
You see more of the C-klass on the road cos many people love the compactness and sportiness that comes with the C.
now this I will answer since logobenz is on his period grin
Abridged version:
C class just like the Lexus is and BMW 3 series are not luxury cars. They were built for one thing- a sporty entry level vehicle that younger demographics could afford to drive and more importantly would want to drive. The other two actually have more claim to their badges than the Benz because Mercedes had no answer to them. All they had was the 190E (which were taxi-cabs) which became the c class in an attempt to edge into that "down-market" BMW had. The only true c class Mercedes are the AMGs.

How do I know this? During an MBA program you study a lot of brands to see how they evolved, innovated or responded to the competition. This just happened to be one of them. Toyota was another. I no longer have access to Harvard database or I'd have pulled some studies done on the evolution of Mercedes for you.

That being said, I tend not to say much on this forum when y'all are arguing cars because y'all get so emotional tongue

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
shortgun:

Don't mind them abeg....they just want us to fight ourselves, a Benz is a Benz.
A class, B class, C class, E class or G.... all na Benz.

Who is "they"? I'm a Mercedes baby!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:
LET'S SETTLE THIS RIGHT NOW! when we are talking Mercedes, please don't bring c class into the conversation. That is NOT a Mercedes. It's an excuse for Mercedes do sell to people who would otherwise not be able to drive a Mercedes.
So just because we failed one moose test, we are no longer part of the Benzedes shitbox audio family? What about A class that has been tumbling and tumbling since God knows when? cheesy

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:
now this I will answer since logobenz is on his period grin
Abridged version:
C class just like the Lexus is and BMW 3 series are not luxury cars. They were built for one thing- a sporty entry level vehicle that younger demographics could afford to drive and more importantly would want to drive. The other two actually have more claim to their badges than the Benz because Mercedes had no answer to them. All they had was the 190E (which were taxi-cabs) which became the c class in an attempt to edge into that "down-market" Lexus and BMW had. The only true c class Mercedes are the AMGs.

How do I know this? During an MBA program you study a lot of brands to see how they evolved, innovated or responded to the competition. This just happened to be one of them. Toyota was another.

That being said, I tend not to say much on this forum when y'all are arguing cars because y'all get so emotional tongue
BS!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
conductor250:

So just because we failed one moose test, we are no longer part of the Benzedes shitbox audio family? What if A class that has been tumbling and tumbling since God knows when? cheesy
You were improving. Don't relapse.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
searchng4love:

You were are improving. Don't relapse.
wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
conductor250:
wink
Keep it up.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
shortgun:

I am very disappointed with this....how is C- Class not a Benz?
Mercedes Benz have a big family for people to choose from based on individual taste; just like any other brand.
Can u state Ur reasons why u think C-klass is not a Benz?
For all I know the C- class is even higher than some Mercedes models.
You see more of the C-klass on the road cos many people love the compactness and sportiness that comes with the C.

Don't take it that badly. I didn't say it was a bad car, I just said it wasn't a true Benz.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
searchng4love:

BS!

Welcome back! Which part? grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
radautoworks:

Let's talk about having the lil one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 1:07am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Don't take it that badly. I didn't say it was a bad car, I just said it wasn't a true Benz.
You didn't say why the C-class is not a "true" benz.
Apart from size what are the other features that you will find in a "true" Benz like the E-klass that is not available or missing in the C-klass?
Don't forget that even in size the C-class is not the little one of the family.
To the best of my knowledge the C-klass of the same year shares the same engine and transmission with the E-klass and other models;
Features like ABS,ESP, climate control,remote entry, navigation e.t.c is standard.
Using the C-klass taxi doesn't make it less a luxury car; cos Lamborghini Murcielago is used as taxi in Las Vegas while Maybach 57 is used as taxi in Moscow.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:10am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

There's a popular saying that goes,

"Mercedes starts with an E".

Very accurate. A Class, CLA Class, C Class are just designed to get young buyers through the door in the hopes of having them buy an E or S Class down the line.

Won't lie, it's gotten better, though. The W205 is very solid imo. But W203 and W204 are a whole league behind their E Class counterparts, and it's very obvious to anyone who's been in the cars.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 5:03am On Jan 18, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

There's a popular saying that goes,

"Mercedes starts with an E".

Very accurate. A Class, CLA Class, C Class are just designed to get young buyers through the door in the hopes of having them buy an E or S Class down the line.

Won't lie, it's gotten better, though. The W205 is very solid imo. But W203 and W204 are a whole league behind their E Class counterparts, and it's very obvious to anyone who's been in the cars.
Welcome back, corper. Keep it decent henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 5:39am On Jan 18, 2020
shortgun:

You didn't say why the C-class is not a "true" benz.
Apart from size what are the other features that you will find in a "true" Benz like the E-klass that is not available or missing in the C-klass?
Don't forget that even in size the C-class is not the little one of the family.
To the best of my knowledge the C-klass of the same year shares the same engine and transmission with the E-klass and other models;
Features like ABS,ESP, climate control,remote entry, navigation e.t.c is standard[b][/b].
Using the C-klass taxi doesn't make it less a luxury car; cos Lamborghini Murcielago is used as taxi in Las Vegas while Maybach 57 is used as taxi in Moscow.

As they are in almost every car nowadays. Fit and finish is worse, appointments are made of cheaper materials, etc. Most are for countries like the US where they are easy to qualify for financing.

I'm not concerned about A class etc because we know that all these new models are Mercedes experiments and no one was talking about A classes prior to my jumping in. I'm comparing with the OG lineup C, E, S, G.

I'm not expressing an opinion. I'm stating a fact. Did you read what even Daimler said about the c class? Unless it's the AMG, it's just an attempt to Garner more market share.

It's a new year. Whatever you say, you are right.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2020
radautoworks:

As they are in almost every car nowadays. Fit and finish is worse, appointments are made of cheaper materials, etc. Most are for countries like the US where they are easy to qualify for financing.

I'm not concerned about A class etc because we know that all these new models are Mercedes experiments and no one was talking about A classes prior to my jumping in. I'm comparing with the OG lineup C, E, S, G.

I'm not expressing an opinion. I'm stating a fact. Did you read what even Daimler said about the c class? Unless it's the AMG, it's just an attempt to Garner more market share.

It's a new year. Whatever you say, you are right.

I am not bitter in anyway about what u said or wants to win the argument...I am just curious.
You said earlier that you had access to studies on the evolution of Benz models and probably production templates from Harvard......this clearly makes you an authority.
My position is for enlightenment solely.
Since the comparison is between the C,E and S.
I agree that the C is little one; in Size only.
I don't agree that the C-class is made with cheaper materials if this is true, it can no longer have the title of a luxury sedan just like any other Benz model.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2020
shortgun:

I am not bitter in anyway about what u said or wants to win the argument...I am just curious.
You said earlier that you had access to studies on the evolution of Benz models and probably production templates from Harvard......this clearly makes you an authority.
My position is for enlightenment solely.
Since the comparison is between the C,E and S.
I agree that the C is little one; in Size only.
I don't agree that the C-class is made with cheaper materials if this is true, it can no longer have the title of a luxury sedan just like any other Benz model.

Was more a blanket statement for anyone who agrees. C class trimmings are made of cheaper materials

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 8:19am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

I have gotten affordable offers for the ML severally...but I always love to pass along..... Don't ask why?
hahahhhahaha pass o and no look back
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Bizzyliss:
hahahhhahaha pass o and no look back
With all pleasure....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:39am On Jan 18, 2020
Hate is real..... Love your Toyota and Mazdas and leave Benz alone

C class is one of the finest Benz... I drove one for years before I moved up to ML
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Hate is real..... Love your Toyota and Mazdas and leave Benz alone

C class is one of the finest Benz... I drove one for years before I moved up to ML
How's your experience with the ML? I have been very reluctant to go that route

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Okeyworlu:
Gents is Benz ML 350 2010 - 2011, a nice for use and economical? What are its major problems..
I drive an ML... Bros Benz is a luxury car and you must first of all know that it is a premium brand... You are not buying Mazda or Toyota or some funny Mitsubishi...

Dude you are buying a Benz... It's a prestige

And as of maintenance.. it's not that much because you change oil once a year and you use Benz gear oil which is about 2k per one you use about 7 of it

Also ... Shocks last like 5 years it's a German engineering not Asian stuff

Finally , get a good mechanic.. Benz is a good brand and rugged also

If you want cheap things abeg go buy Toyota Highlander .... Benz is for men

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

How's your experience with the ML? I have been very reluctant to go that route

That is one of the best SUV you can drive . .the handling and the movement is good... The engine is built like a tank... Ana funny enough fuel consumption is okay... Ensure that your catalyst isn't taken and your MAF is good

But trust me that is one of the finest SUV and it commands respect! Police seff dey fear to stop me only they stop and ask anything for your boys ....

The maintenance isn't that bad, ask anyone that drives that SUV it's a good car... It's my first SUV but not my first Benz

I have never had any issue with the engine ...the only thing I did is to change that plugs that's all...engine has never given me issues...I am planning to change the shocks for the first time since I bought it...guess what? The 4 shocks isn't up to 30k ....that is it !

I want to buy the new model LED lights , I learnt it's about 40k...but the old model light just 10k

It's a great car

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

That is one of the best SUV you can drive . .the handling and the movement is good... The engine is built like a tank... Ana funny enough fuel consumption is okay... Ensure that your catalyst isn't taken and your MAF is good

But trust me that is one of the finest SUV and it commands respect! Police seff dey fear to stop me only they stop and ask anything for your boys ....

The maintenance isn't that bad, ask anyone that drives that SUV it's a good car... It's my first SUV but not my first Benz

Which of the ML SUVs are you referring to?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Which of the ML SUVs are you referring to?
04/05 model.... ML 320 version ! Not ML350....

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Really? What's the fuel economy like?
Is there 04/05 ML 320?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Really? What's the fuel economy like?

I don't know what how to calculate those stuff , though there is a meter that does that on top of central mirrow ... I use my experience with my former cars

If I do 3k fuel .... It takes me almost a week from Ikeja to Gowon without traffic

And beside that... Most of the folks that but Benz don't buy It because of fuel...But reliability and luxury

ML is a 12 plug heavy engine that is over a ton! Yet the consumption is great and the parts are not even that expensive

Once the sensors and catalyst is okay... You are good

From my experience it's a good brand... Guess what, even the full engine isn't expensive, it's less than 120k ! The parts aren't expensive also... So I drive the car with rest of mind ...

The only thing that is expensive are the body parts especially the bumper (those with sensors)

But engine parts are not expensive

Ask those that drive the Suv ... Another thing is that it's addictive... It's such a pleasant ride , the buttons the luxury the Bose sounds system, the button heater seats etc

It's a good ride

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Nah my landlord make me fear this ML back then in Abeokuta when I was schooling. Guyman sold land and bought the car tokunbo, he didn't use it for 6months before the thing packup.

Come to think of it, he also used an 04 primera for sometime too before that one too packup. Is now it occured to me the guy maybe loose on his maintenance of cars.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Okeyworlu: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

is there any problem with ML 350?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2020
nurey:

Nah my landlord make me fear this ML back then in Abeokuta when I was schooling. Guyman sold land and bought the car tokunbo, he didn't use it for 6months before the thing packup.

Come to think of it, he also used an 04 primera for sometime too before that one too packup. Is now it occured to me the guy maybe loose on his maintenance of cars.
It's maintainance.... Some people just wreck cars... I don't manage cars. If something spoil in my car and j don't have money to fix it, I park the car , I don't go managing it.

But you would see people managing the issue till it affects other things ....

It is even rare to see this ML parked in mechanic! The gear is so rugged that If the oil dries up it enters a limp mode to save the gear ... Then takes u to your destination ... If you put oil, you use scanner to reset the gear

It's a great car ... Funny enough the gear is just 60k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Okeyworlu:
is there any problem with ML 350?

ML350 is another SUV that I am eyeing... It's a good brand. I haven't owned it before but I rarely see it at my benz mechanic apart from change of brakes and engine oil and other routine things that one do in a car... My mechanic says it's a great car .

It is not also a balloon suspension like s class it's normal shocks! It's a good one from what I heard

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.