Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (976071 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:30pm On May 01, 2020
Ifebazz:
Oh thanks a lot. Which particular specification of Mobil 1, 5w 30 or something else?

You can use mobil 1 or this... I use this... Mobil 1 is for newer engine and 2006 model car will need an oil with a bit higher viscosity

This the one I have been using and it is serving me... Mobil 1 is lighter and it's for cars less than 5 years ...

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 8:39pm On May 01, 2020
@Labiyemmy: Long time bro, how's the Navi business doing?  smiley

As per your head unit. I'd say yes, very likely your tech has blown the final output stage of your Mercedes head unit, or the rear amplifier. The rear amplifier is built by Bose, and as it's a factory-fit option, just like that used by Audi, to power an external sub, means it's not straight forward, as would be the case with an aftermarket system. There is an aftermarket harness / adapter from www.kufatec.de that simplifies the installation.

Though, before condemning the system, have the unit interrogated via the OBD port. You need to go into Comfort / Convenience mode, it's very possible you can reset the output stage, if it's not blown, and merely shut-down. I'd say it's blown though. Let's know how you get on.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:44pm On May 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You can use mobil 1 or this... I use this... Mobil 1 is for newer engine and 2006 model car will need an oil with a bit higher viscosity

This the one I have been using and it is serving me... Mobil 1 is lighter and it's for cars less than 5 years ...
I don't agree. I use top-notch synthetic Total Quartz 9000 or LiquiMoly.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor260: 10:19pm On May 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Bros grow up... Honda outsells Lamborghini, rolls Royce, Bugatti and even BMW.... So what are you saying again

You don pass this level naaa
Ask your Benzedes brother cheesy
HeavenlyBang:

No, it's stupid af to say that Mercedes Benz isn't in the same league as Audi and BMW. By what metric, exactly?

Mercedes outsells them, has considerably better sporting heritage, and has the most luxury. BMW does make better drivers' cars, but that's about it. I don't even see anything Audi is the best at, people who like Audi just like it.

Btw, I like all three brands, and have actively cross-shopped them when purchasing cars. You can say one is better than the other at a particular thing, but saying that Mercedes is a tier below the other two is just absolutely stupid, and no data supports that.

People are entitled to their opinions, and others are also entitled to point out how moronic those opinions are. There are opinions, and then there are facts. That statement is an opinion at best, and a pretty nonsensical one at that.

I do agree that the Mercedes craze is alarming, though.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 7:45am On May 02, 2020
Praxtech:

I don't agree. I use top-notch synthetic Total Quartz 9000 or LiquiMoly.

He can use it if it works for him...I use mobil ... I ensure it's original
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 1:14pm On May 02, 2020
Nigerians will embarrass you cheesy

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 1:20pm On May 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Jesus is Lord!,please dont use that oil for your 06 C280,even if you are not getting liquid Molly ,go to Total and buy 5w40 synthetic.Dont use that 20w50.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 1:24pm On May 02, 2020
Ifebazz:
Please dear MB experts, which engine oil should I use for my 2006 C280?
Which is best and what are the alternatives? Thank you guys.
Liqui Moly 5w30 Top tec or 5w40 Leitchluf.Alternatively Total Quartz 9000 5w40.
No oil is for cars 5 years old.Oils are backward compatible

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by drakeskull(m): 1:30pm On May 02, 2020
Ifebazz:
Oh thanks a lot. Which particular specification of Mobil 1, 5w 30 or something else?

You can use fanfaro oil. The 4 litre is around 9500 or 10k. Full synthetic. Very good oil, used it in BMW and Honda and I can attest it's better than the original foreign made Mobil 1 0w20 I used earlier which goes for around 19k for 5L

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 4:56pm On May 02, 2020
Midoda:

Jesus is Lord!,please dont use that oil for your 06 C280,even if you are not getting liquid Molly ,go to Total and buy 5w40 synthetic.Dont use that 20w50.

Is it that the total is the brand or what .. he i s driving a 2006 car...14 year old car...factor wears and tears and then viscosity...

Synthetic oil is good and he should be particular about the viscosity

He can use total...I have never used total in my cars...this my second Benz...I drive c class now an ML and I don't and haven't used total....if it's good okay for him
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 5:13pm On May 02, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Is it that the total is the brand or what .. he i s driving a 2006 car...14 year old car...factor wears and tears and then viscosity...

He can use total...I have never used total in my cars...this my second Benz...I drive c class now an ML and I don't and haven't used total....if it's good okay for him
Midoda is correct.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by otugbem(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2020
Hi guys, is there anyone who handles NAVSAT software here? Prado 2019 to be precise.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:23pm On May 02, 2020
otugbem:
Hi guys, is there anyone who handles NAVSAT software here? Prado 2019 to be precise.

On a Benz thread? Ok. Where's your location?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 5:35am On May 03, 2020
Good good people of this platform, about to take delivery of a Benz c-200 compressor.
Anything about this car I need to be worried about? Just love d car.
Pls I need answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:30am On May 03, 2020
searchng4love:

Midoda is correct.
ok ooooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 9:33am On May 03, 2020
lol
drakeskull:
Nigerians will embarrass you cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 1:28pm On May 03, 2020
rexlims:
Good good people of this platform, about to take delivery of a Benz c-200 compressor.
Pls I need answers.
Absolutely nothing.Gives you mild power and great economy.Lemme see the engine if its an M111 or M271 before i go further.

I am assuming you have the pix already.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2020
rexlims:
Pls I need answers.

Is it a red top or black top engine? What year?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:38pm On May 03, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I cant understand whats with Nigerians and counting age of cars.If a 20 year old car is in pristine condition so he should use palm oil in it?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2020
nakoks:

I cant understand whats with Nigerians and counting age of cars.If a 20 year old car is in pristine condition so he should use palm oil in it?
He's an authority on Mercedes Benz. lipsrsealed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2020
9icetoo:

He's an authority on Mercedes Benz. lipsrsealed

Not an authority; THE authority. lipsrsealed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 4:12pm On May 03, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 4:14pm On May 03, 2020
nakoks:

Is it a red top or black top engine? What year?
It's d red top engine and it's 2002
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2020
Midoda:

Absolutely nothing.Gives you mild power and great economy.Lemme see the engine if its an M111 or M271 before i go further.

I am assuming you have the pix already.
don't have d pics, but it's red top
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2020
rexlims:

It's d red top engine and it's 2002

The engine never dies.Just change your fluids and fuel filter regularly.Get good synthetic oil,5w30 or 5w40 twice a year and you are good.Change fuel filter too when you service.You will enjoy the ride.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rexlims(m): 6:07pm On May 03, 2020
nakoks:

The engine never dies.Just change your fluids and fuel filter regularly.Get good synthetic oil,5w30 or 5w40 twice a year and you are good.Change fuel filter too when you service.You will enjoy the ride.
Thanks for this info, but a colleague of mine said he uses Visco 2000 in servicing his ride, pls how good is this oil considering what u recommended?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:46pm On May 03, 2020
rexlims:

Thanks for this info, but a colleague of mine said he uses Visco 2000 in servicing his ride, pls how good is this oil considering what u recommended?

Follow your heart,your car your money.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:51am On May 04, 2020
nakoks:

No! He shouldn't but once an engine is in pristine condition...which I doubt If a constantly used engine is in pristine condition because of wears and tears in pistons ...it's called depreciation in physics....then an oil with a higher salvage value
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:56am On May 04, 2020
Cars upto 15yrs must have experienced wears and tears and also depending on the weather....as for Nigeria the viscosity of oil matter...a little bit thicker oil for 15year old car is perfect

I repeat Mobil 1 is for cars less than 5 yrs ..it's for newer engines that depreciation is low

Everyone shouting Mobil 1 up and down...

I have driven a C class ( Elegance) for over 7 yrs ...never used a mobile one , the engine is still great the second owner is still driving the same engine ..now doing 10 yrs

When buying oil, consider two factors
1. Engine Age
2. Climatic condition

Maybe 3
Driving styles !
https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/auto-care/all-about-oil/ask-our-auto-experts/is-thicker-oil-a-benefit-as-engines-age

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Cars upto 15yrs must have experienced wears and tears and also depending on the weather....as for Nigeria the viscosity of oil matter...a little bit thicker oil for 15year old car is perfect

I repeat Mobil 1 is for cars less than 5 yrs ..it's for newer engines that depreciation is low

AmuDimkpa the Senior Mercedes Benz Engineer.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 11:03am On May 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

AmuDimkpa the Senior Mercedes Benz Engineer.

I am not an engineer bro...I am a fan, I have driven that marque for over 12 yrs now...I grew up aroid Benz mechanics during the years of flatboot, straight engine and flat engines of 200 coupe etc...I know a bit but I am not a Benz mechanic!

I just googled, like yesterday funny enough, I just learnt how to set the computer miles per gallon (top central mirrow display) from Google and I am buying shocks this week, front shocks and I would Google it also ! The best OEM parts

Online we learn daily ! If I tell you that I just learnt how to set clock of ML just last week, would you believe? It's Google

My dear, I learn online and I am a member of Mercedes world...the world acclaimed Benz forum
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 2felix(m): 11:18am On May 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The W203 is garbage. But if you must, 2005 C320 is the only one I'd recommend.

Pls wanted to go for w202 c class c180 cause of the fuel economy , ruggedness, cheap parts n maintenance. I am coming from Honda bullet ( accord). But my wife feels I should go for something more recent like the w203 n above as the w202 look old skool. My budget of 1M can get me d w202 toks but if I go for recent models I will have to go for Nigeria used at that price which is a gamble. Pls I advice me n any other recommendations at my budget is welcomed

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.