Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968709 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
dokyOloye:

Parts are costly oo,compared to even a W204
I no say make the guy buy w212 on a budget now oo.
I meant when he is fully ready.
Meanwhile you've been missing doc,where did you go?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dokyOloye: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Theconglomerate:
I no say make the guy buy w212 on a budget now oo.
I meant when he is fully ready.
Meanwhile you've been missing doc,where did you go?
I dey boss.
Na movies and politics section got me this lockdown period.
As d motor dey parked,we feel say no need to visit Mercedes Benz thread grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dokyOloye: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Teknireich:

What should you be on the look out for?

* Please test drive the ride. Drive it enough to experience gear changes from 1 - 3. It's important.

* Watch the temperature gauge. You want the gauge to be at 90 - 95oC and the fan should pick up at this instance. The temperature rise should be swift too.

* When you power on the car, you DON'T want your fan to start immediately. If it does, then that's a red flag. The thermostat and coolant temperature sensor might have been disconnected, the engine must have been ran cold for as long as the seller has had it in Nigeria. There might be engine issues ahead.

* Test drive on rough roads to know how much you will incur on shocks and wishbones.

* Make sure you arrive when engine is cold, so you know if the seller has a defective MAF by being on the look out for the tachometer fluctuating rapidly b4 stabilizing.

* While test driving, watch the fuel gauge and check if it flunctuates. If it does then you will deal with a defective fuel sender unit later on.

* Check and make sure all dash lights are functional, all window controls too etc. Check for oil leaks. 4 cylinders can leak oil.

Some of these points will help you bargain a lower price, while some are pointers that you shouldn't buy it.

You can post the pics here....cos I think there are very few W202's that still look pristine in Nigeria.
Your last paragraph is very very very wrong.
Come to Abuja and see these hausa men with 202s looking finer than 2015 cars.A/C and every accessory, tight.And you know d dash of that car and door mats are almost indestructible.

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dokyOloye: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
loba18:

Okay, thanks for your input.
He just told you d exact opposite.
Benz Engines, esp M112 ,M272 and many others are bulletproof.
Let me not mention anything about d fragility of Toyota engines and gear,so we don't derail.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
dokyOloye:

Come to Abuja and see these hausa men with 202s looking finer than 2015 cars.A/C and every accessory, tight.And you know d dash of that car and door mats are almost indestructible.

This January, I almost bought a silver coloured 1995 C200 EU specs.
Owner (an hadjia lady) had it for only 3 weeks and slammed the front side quarter into a kerb. Front bumper, grille, fender, and lower control arm broken and steering airbag popped.

These would set me back roughly 100k to fix minus painting and the price tag given on the car was enticing but I had to resist the temptation.

NB: car was intended for office wakabout parades and also for courtesy car

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by loba18: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
dokyOloye:

He just told you d exact opposite.
Benz Engines, esp M112 ,M272 and many others are bulletproof.
Let me not mention anything about d fragility of Toyota engines and gear,so we don't derail.

I'm aware sir. I just wanted to end the argument. He was distracting me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
dokyOloye:

Correct
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
KINGreignn:

This January, I almost bought a silver coloured 1995 C200 EU specs.
Owner (an hadjia lady) had it for only 3 weeks and slammed the front side quarter into a kerb. Front bumper, grille, fender, and lower control arm broken and steering airbag popped.

These would set me back roughly 100k to fix minus painting and the price tag given on the car was enticing but I had to resist the temptation.

NB: car was intended for office wakabout parades and also for courtesy car

You didn't call us.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
weyreypey:

You didn't call us.

Sorry sir. The car actually was going for 250k asking price.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by okoligee: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Good technical solutions don't come here
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by okoligee: 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
All my technical questions regarding my Mercedes 320 with w203 engine, I got nothing here
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
okoligee:
All my technical questions regarding my Mercedes 320 with w203 engine, I got nothing here
I asked whether you have checked all fuses. Appears to be short-circuit
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
okoligee:
Good technical solutions don't come here
knock yourself out

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class.22/
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Teknireich(m): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
dokyOloye:

Oh seriously..... grin

So there are cute and pristine W202's in Abuja?

I would love to see it....lol.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeysky(m): 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
616autos:
i want to buy c230 kompressor 2005/2006 model Please whats your take on the car concerning reliability fuel Efficency and maintainance i AM coming From a golf 3

I have clean accident free toks of the one in bold, reach me if interested
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dokyOloye: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
KINGreignn:

Sorry sir. The car actually was going for 250k asking price.
Wow.
You for call me ooooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 616autos: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
ojeysky:

I have clean accident free toks of the one in bold, reach me if interested
can i see pics nd location
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ojeysky(m): 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
616autos:
can i see pics nd location

Do check your mail

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by okoligee: 12:44am On Apr 24, 2020
How do I send mail to someone
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 6:41am On Apr 24, 2020
dokyOloye:

Wow.
You for call me ooooo

I no know na
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
Weyreypey - travelled home today and was surprised to find this still packed. Has been for the last 5 years or so. Was always oblivious to its existence whenever I came around, but not today. She's still beautiful, had an engine transplant 8 years ago. Tried to start it today, sadly it cranked but didn't start. I'll try a new battery tomorrow and have the interior cleaned as well as the tyres (tyres are available in the garage), at least someone has to keep driving her around. She'll be 24 years old in Nigeria next month.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2020
Eddee:
Weyreypey - travelled home today and was surprised to find this still packed. Has been for the last 5 years or so. Was always oblivious to its existence whenever I came around, but not today. She's still beautiful, had an engine transplant 8 years ago. Tried to start it today, sadly it cranked but didn't start. I'll try a new battery tomorrow and have the interior cleaned as well as the tyres (tyres are available in the garage), at least someone has to keep driving her around. She'll be 24 years old in Nigeria next month.

Behold old things have passed away and all things have become new... Let that thing go.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KingAzubuike(f): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
The craze for Mercedes Benz in this part of the world is extremely alarming. I thought I've heard it all not until someone was comparing Benz to BMW and Audi. There are cars and there are cars. BMW and Audi belong to a class of their own, benz doesn't come close.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
KingAzubuike:
The craze for Mercedes Benz in this part of the world is extremely alarming. I thought I've heard it all not until someone was comparing Benz to BMW and Audi. There are cars and there are cars. BMW and Audi belong to a class of their own, benz doesn't come close.

Who be this one?

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KINGreignn: 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Who be this one?

grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by KingAzubuike(f): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Who be this one?
Your mother obviously forgot to teach you manners

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
KingAzubuike:

My brother, as a Benz fan let me advise you. Always resist the urge to shalaye.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Las las you go dey alright

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Who be this one?

Bros, he has his opinion. No 2 individuals think same; not even twin.

Besides,Netherlands brands; Mercedes, BMW and Audi have been in competition for several years; even before a lot of us started owing cars.

I'd only ask KingAzubike to buttress his points.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Praxtech:

Behold old things have passed away and all things have become new... Let that thing go.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Philadelphia:

Bros, he has his opinion. No 2 individuals think same; not even twin.

Besides,Netherlands brands; Mercedes, BMW and Audi have been in competition for several years; even before a lot of us started owing cars.

I'd only ask KingAzubike to buttress his points.

No, it's stupid af to say that Mercedes Benz isn't in the same league as Audi and BMW. By what metric, exactly?

Mercedes outsells them, has considerably better sporting heritage, and has the most luxury. BMW does make better drivers' cars, but that's about it. I don't even see anything Audi is the best at, people who like Audi just like it.

Btw, I like all three brands, and have actively cross-shopped them when purchasing cars. You can say one is better than the other at a particular thing, but saying that Mercedes is a tier below the other two is just absolutely stupid, and no data supports that.

People are entitled to their opinions, and others are also entitled to point out how moronic those opinions are. There are opinions, and then there are facts. That statement is an opinion at best, and a pretty nonsensical one at that.

I do agree that the Mercedes craze is alarming, though.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NihiIist(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

No, it's stupid af to say that Mercedes Benz isn't in the same league as Audi and BMW. By what metric, exactly?

Mercedes outsells them, has considerably better sporting heritage, and has the most luxury. BMW does make better drivers' cars, but that's about it. I don't even see anything Audi is the best at, people who like Audi just like it.

Btw, I like all three brands, and have actively cross-shopped them when purchasing cars. You can say one is better than the other at a particular thing, but saying that Mercedes is a tier below the other two is just absolutely stupid, and no data supports that.

People are entitled to their opinions, and others are also entitled to point out how moronic those opinions are. There are opinions, and then there are facts. That statement is an opinion at best, and a pretty nonsensical one at that.

I do agree that the Mercedes craze is alarming, though.
Mercedes has the most luxury but doesn't have the best luxury between the 3 if u ask me. Oboy Audi na die o kagani. There are some Audi models you can compare to the likes of koeniggsegg but same can't be said for Benz. The craze in this part of the world is truly alarming tho just like the way blackberry phones was in naija back then, it's same with Benz. I even remember there was a period when range Rover was seen as the biggest thing here, then Toyota venza took over and then Benz. I blame these Yahoo boys and our musicians for the craze tho. Everyone has his opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.