Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965546 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

grin Your Merc didn't cover itself in glory too. Abeg no set fire to dey rain biko, you're sure of recouping a fair amount of money if you decide to sell the ES350. That your Mercedes no be it person bin dey price 500k that year?

On a further note, I've learnt the hard way not to fix every CEL, not to fix every clunky noise, to keep my windows wound down if the AC doesn't work - we no come dis life to repair motor with all the light change wer person dey gather from daily hustle.
You wish,I own something worse now.
016 corolla,the worst thing I've ever seen.
It makes me angry for nothing all the time.
Na bread cos am sha angry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2020
rationalmind:

This is really funny grin. Na to do your best leave the rest jare. After all when you ready sell and you put price, den go begin ask you how much be toks grin

In my old man's car he has a persistent evap/fuel cap malfunction that throws a CEL and one other issue like that, man is completely oblivious to the warning. Life goes on! Going forward I've sworn in this life and the next not to spend money fixing any "convenience" feature that breaks on its own.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:09pm On May 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
You wish,I own something worse now.
016 corolla,the worst thing I've ever seen.
It makes me angry for nothing all the time.
Na bread cos am sha angry

E be like your own case for buying and selling worst past my own. But I don't usually condone Corolla slander. That car can't do anything wrong in my book.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:10pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

On my old man's car he has a persistent evap/fuel cap malfunction that throws a CEL and one other issue like that, man is completely oblivious to the warning. Life goes on! Going forward I've sworn in this life and the next not to spend money fixing any "convenience" feature that breaks on its own.
bro na the new cool now,all these car talk unrealistic maintenance,I no do again.
Na to run am aground and sell after long service remain now,no more wastage chasing one's tail.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fentanyl: 10:13pm On May 09, 2020
bunch of circle jerkers assembled

one smartass is comparing a Corolla to whichever benz he used to own, and hes wondering where his problems in life came from

in case you haven't realized it, that Corolla was designed to get you from A to B in reasonable comfort and overwhelming reliability, all with minimal expenses

if you want luxury and performance that you would break the bank to maintain, kindly go back to whatever overpriced and overrated benz you had in mind,

be rest assured that corolla owners will be glad to see you go

clowns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:14pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

E be like your own case for buying and selling worst past my own. But I don't usually condone Corolla slander. That car can't do anything wrong in my book.
na the way o,na wetin we dey do.
As it gets old,boring and trying to die,na to push am off to someone that have energy for mechanic,albeit transparently.
My Es get accident a while ago nau,shebi I been tell you.
And you know how japanese cars can collapse like a house of cards after accidents undecided
Nothing like merc Eddie,irrespective of the things people say.
My merc sef don go a while back,900k under hard struggle.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
bro na the new cool now,all these car talk unrealistic maintenance,I no do again.
Na to run am aground and sell after long service remain now,no more wastage chasing one's tail.

Same thing the white guys do. Run a car aground then trade it in. Only thing is theirs will still be road worthy, unlike ours that must have swam in mineral oils and multiple Oando ATF top-ups.

AmuDimpka I pray one day you'll realize that Benz's are not all that, if I see you drive a Hilux or a Tacoma, not to talk of a Ridgeline or a Hardbody - I know to accord you your respect. All these flashy motor no dey pay bills.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

On my old man's car he has a persistent evap/fuel cap malfunction that throws a CEL and one other issue like that, man is completely oblivious to the warning. Life goes on! Going forward I've sworn in this life and the next not to spend money fixing any "convenience" feature that breaks on its own.

I have this exact same issue, doesn't throw a CEL though, just "tighten fuel cap". Message comes up every 2-3k miles or thereabout. It only cost me 200 naira to fix and that was money for 10/11 spanner which I use to remove the negative battery terminal anytime it comes up cheesy

I have better things to do with money than to fix irrelevant things that have no effect on "drivability" and safety.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2020
Theconglomerate:
na the way o,na wetin we dey do.
As it gets old,boring and trying to die,na to push am off to someone that have energy for mechanic,albeit transparently.
My Es get accident a while ago nau,shebi I been tell you.
And you know how japanese cars can collapse like a house of cards after accidents undecided
Nothing like merc Eddie,irrespective of the things people say.
My merc sef don go a while back,900k under hard struggle.

KINGreign come and see o! Even an 04 slightly abused Corolla (that still runs, with or without AC) will fetch that amount in today's Nigeria easily.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2020
rationalmind:

I have this exact same issue, doesn't throw a CEL though, just "tighten fuel cap". Message comes up every 2-3k miles or thereabout. It only cost me 200 naira to fix and that was money for 10/11 spanner which I use to remove the negative battery terminal anytime it comes up cheesy

I have better things to do with money than to fix irrelevant things that have no effect on "drivability" and safety.

That old man doesn't bother to do any of this, besides who wan help am set time or his favorite radio stations? The CEL is welcome as long as it doesn't affect his fuel consumption (he's very conservative with this).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

Same thing the white guys do. Run a car aground then trade it in. Only thing is theirs will still be road worthy, unlike ours that must have swam in mineral oils and multiple Oando ATF top-ups.

AmuDimpka I pray one day you'll realize that Benz's are not all that, if I see you drive a Hilux or a Tacoma, not to talk of a Ridgeline or a Hardbody - I know to accord you your respect. All these flashy motor no dey pay bills.
True,cars no be investment and the way he goes about his mercedes hyping is recipe for doom.
Hilux is great too but so expensive mehn,if company no give you bro forget,cos I can hardly see how easy one go commot 15-20m buy that thing weh better cheaper options full ground.
Life goes on...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2020
rationalmind:

Lmao, I've had an 02 sensor CEL for like six months now. Zero fooks given. cheesy
E no even dey affect my fuel economy at all.
I'll fix it this month sha, as soon the spacer I ordered ages ago gets in.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

KINGreign come and see o! Even an 04 slightly abused Corolla (that still runs, with or without AC) will fetch that amount in today's Nigeria easily.

Lol.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lmao, I've had an 02 sensor CEL for like six months now. Zero fooks given. cheesy
E no even dey affect my fuel economy at all.
I'll fix it this month sha, as soon the spacer I ordered ages ago gets in.

Baba na so o.

Sometimes when I enter edmunds see what those oyinbos complain about, I go just dey laugh.

If person spend money fixing all those kind of irrelevant things, money no go dey to buy another motor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:33pm On May 09, 2020
I still dey look which cheap sedan or SUV to do next for madam. I'm looking at an acura mdx 05-06, acura TL 07-09and lately, she saw an Infiniti G35 07-10(Heavenlybang edition) and she's been drooling over it. undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

As for resale value for mercedes,it's rubbish.
But I found out that what's worse in mercedes is running cost.
So I did a little research and found out that w212s are pretty reliable.
What killed my c class was travelling.Today Akwa ibom,tomorrow owerri,calabar,all what not...
So I figured if one uses a merc the way it is supposed to be used,like say a once in a while car,running cost will drop drastically especially for the E class.
Las las all this noise and complain na bread cos am,no be say person no known what to do sha. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2020
rationalmind:

Baba na so o.

Sometimes when I enter edmunds see what those oyinbos complain about, I go just dey laugh.

If person spend money fixing all those kind of irrelevant things, money no go dey money to buy another motor cheesy

People wey no get problem. If e too much, shey no be to trade am in, finance another one?

For Naija here, the car must work e money jare. grin
If you like, spend 1m on monthly maintenance to keep it in perfect shape, when time reach to sell dem go still price am 700k. grin After all, no be toks.

When you wan sell car nai you go know say Nigerians dey really dey crase. E go be you like say make you go donate the motor for church, at least God go see am bless you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2020
kingreign:
I still dey look which cheap sedan or SUV to do next for madam. I'm looking at an acura mdx 05-06, acura TL 07-09and lately, she saw an Infiniti G35 07-10(Heavenlybang edition) and she's been drooling over it. undecided

Lol, if you're confident in her driving skills, do the G. These cars get into accidents a lot, and there's plenty of reason for that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:39pm On May 09, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Thank Lord you are saying this with your mouth...if we Benz lovers say this..they wish bring chats, analysis etc. Most of us started with Japanese and took off

Thank Lord you are saying this as a user ... I wish you luck bro ! You will surmount trust me or you port to other better brands

My anger was the shaft sounds (that kakaka) when you turn the steering in my car those days I was driving Nissan...it was just crazy. Well , I am out of that madness anyway

This is the 2nd time in a space of 24hours you've made same complaint. It tells about your driving and maintenance habit (no pun intended).
I've owned Japanese and also my family Member own Japanese and Benzes yet, none of us ever had to work on his/her shafts or replace them.
There's something you're either not doing which you ought to be doing or there's something you're doing which you ought not to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, if you're confident in her driving skills, do the G. These cars get into accidents a lot, and there's plenty of reason for that.
Someone that nearly drove into a drainage with my RX330 coz a truck was coming opposite way and honked and flashed it's light. I had to dive and use my hand to slam on the brakes before she kills us all. If I'm gonna buy that G, I'm not gonna let her drive alone cos its addictive yet dangerously fast.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

People wey no get problem. If e too much, shey no be to trade am in, finance another one?

For Naija here, the car must work e money jare. grin
If you like, spend 1m on monthly maintenance to keep it in perfect shape, when time reach to sell dem go still price am 700k. grin After all, na toks.

When you wan sell car nai you go know say Nigerians dey really dey crase. E go be you like say make you go donate the motor for church, at least God go see am bless you. grin
Exactly!
So I ask myself why bother? undecided
The car has been plagued with cylinder 4 misfire,but it only comes up rough driving and hard acceleration upon hitting 80mph.
It will throw cel and trac off.
Now spent a lot trying to fix this to no avail and I said you know what,to hell with that crap.
I igbore the christmas light on dey cruise the thing until one day my rickety van battery die and I need to jump am.
So as I took out the battery and replace,light vanish on em own grin grin
I just laugh and say for your mind you been think say k for carry you go shop again make them clear you ba? undecided
If it's not broken,I won't fix it and sell as it is to whoever is going to buy.
Our fathers were right after all,we come dey form modern generation while pocket dey dey dey go.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2020
Eddee:

That old man doesn't bother to do any of this, besides who wan help am set time or the his favorite radio stations? The CEL is welcome as long as it doesn't affect his fuel consumption (he's very conservative with this).
AKS guys are wicked o. Despite as neat as my Lexus is, human being get mind to price am 900k -1.250m in AKS claiming corona Don chop his money make I consider him undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2020
kingreign:

AKS guys are wicked o. Despite as neat as my Lexus is, human being get mind to price am 900k -1.250m in AKS claiming corona Don chop his money make I consider him undecided

Consider am na. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Consider am na. grin

You go consider giving me your G35 for 250k abi?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:53pm On May 09, 2020
kingreign:

You go consider giving me your G35 for 250k abi?

Behave.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Mokelu: 10:53pm On May 09, 2020
Dammit mehn.... da c63 na die

HeavenlyBang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2DsAGT3G0E

This C63 is something else.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Behave.

grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2020
kingreign:

It seems anything that's not a Camry, Rav4, Corolla or Highlander has shitty resale value in Naija. Theconglomerate for buy this one based on ground clearance, but my G go gree? grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2020
Eddee:

It seems anything that's not a Camry, Rav4, Corolla or Highlander has shitty resale value in Naija. Theconglomerate for buy this one based on ground clearance, but my G go gree? grin

Lol. That guy na sedan and coupe person.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2020
Theconglomerate:
This is where you will hate toyotas.
Just see what it will cost you to get it running again.
My own too AC don dey worry,like it cools after a small drive,but sometimes when stationary it blows hot.
Port Harcourt flooded just some weeks ago and the car is feeling very lose already in its suspensions.
Same car keeps throwing CEL up and down in the name of misfire in cylinder 4,for a car I got this year.
Infact toyotas are boring,cheap feeling pieces of metal meant to bore people to death and built for suckers.
Please kindly hit your head for wall if you don't agree with me as it is my opinion and I really don't care how you feel and I won't respond to your stupid criticism.
Piece of depression machines.
I have missed mercedes mehn,can't wait to ge a new one,even though bread ain't rolling in no more like normal.
I might wake up one day and decide to burn this shit,
I tire. angry
You haven't changed engine twice yet. grin
So the misfire came back? Deal with it and stop driving through floods. Why do you keep doing that?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2020
Theconglomerate:
As for resale value for mercedes,it's rubbish.
But I found out that what's worse in mercedes is running cost.
So I did a little research and found out that w212s are pretty reliable.
What killed my c class was travelling.Today Akwa ibom,tomorrow owerri,calabar,all what not...
So I figured if one uses a merc the way it is supposed to be used,like say a once in a while car,running cost will drop drastically especially for the E class.
Las las all this noise and complain na bread cos am,no be say person no known what to do sha. angry
How can you buy a car to drive it once in a while? Who told you that's how Mercedes cars are to be used?
So which car will do all those journeys? Japanese?
You are indirectly saying Mercedes is unreliable if they can't be used as daily drivers thereby confirming what a lot of people have been saying here and disappointing a lot of Benz or nothing folks.
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theconglomerate(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2020
9icetoo:

You haven't changed engine twice yet. grin
So the misfire came back? Deal with it and stop driving through floods. Why do you keep doing that?
grin grin grin
The misfire keeps coming o,nothing I never do to stop it but it keeps coming.
Change 4 coil,change all 4 plugs,the guy don dey go that nozzle and air flow meter side and I tell am say make e leave am undecided
I have noticed that thing only happens when I accelerate very hard and hit 80mph.But if I accelerate gradually even to 100mph,it doesn't happen.
As for flood part eh,I got caught unawares,you know ph na.
Rain dey fall,long traffic so the flood met us in traffic,and inevitable situation.
And I also noticed that when cel and trac off light comes up,performance drop slightly .

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.