Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968073 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Simran94:

I think you misunderstood what the guy was saying, he wasn't looking down on Benz. Rather from the other guy's salary of 150k monthly, he's only advising him to save enough money first before looking to buy a benz, that's all.
The guy has a reputation here.
He doesn't see any good in benz vehicles!
Either they are money pits or unreliable to him.
The only good car is his little brain is Japanese brands.

There's a benz for everyone!
Yes he can own and maintain a benz with 150k salary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

I know he will send distress signal for you guys to come support him and click likes on his comments.
Dont advice me abeg...
I know his reputation here and I know that he subtly told the guy that wants to buy a benz that is a bad choice.

Someone that earns 150K MONTHLY cannot maintain a W202 or W203?
He was indirectly saying that a benz will drain him financially.
I will never accept that Nonsense. angry

Stop being all emotional and acting immature like a 2 month old baby.

Spits!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2020
kingreign:

Stop being all emotional and acting immature like a 2 month old baby.

Spits!
I hear you honourable nairaland auto section cabal member. cheesy
You see most of you are only angry cos we dispute the many lies and misinformation you lots dish out on this forum daily.
Answer YES or NO....Can someone with monthly salary of 150K own and maintain a Mercedes Benz car?
Answer with the little honesty that remains in you..if there is any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

You see most of you are only angry cos we dispute the many lies and misinformation you lots dish out on this forum daily.
Answer YES or NO....Can someone with monthly salary of 150K own and maintain a Mercedes Benz car?
[s]Answer with the little honesty that remains in you..if there is any[/s].

Little boy, thread carefully before you try to taint my reputation to satisfy your saddistic life. Watch it, cos I'd not hesitate to take your case up legally.

This will be my last comment to you.
Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2020
kingreign:

Little boy, thread carefully before you try to taint my reputation to satisfy your saddistic life. Watch it, cos I'd not hesitate to take your case up legally.

This will be my last comment to you.
Enjoy your weekend.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ovoko! I don't blame you, I believe u r one of the very few people from this forum who had met me in real life.
I know that you know I am not someone 50 of you can threaten.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You have your priorities wrong. If you want a car that's a statement, you have to start making more money first.

You shouldn't be looking at a car right now, and even if you are, definitely not a Benz.

My brother, me and you never disagree for nairaland before and we even chat on WhatsApp. Though I don't know you personally nor are we friends but your activities on the auto section made me know your moniker. I have supported and liked most comments from you but I must tell you that this one doesn't seem right.

You didn't have to discourage the guy. Someone earning 150k a month as a young man can comfortably own and maintain a benz. It's an individual thing and it's not all about money. Do you know if he is the last kid from a wealthy family who has less burdens and more support from his family? That 150k is salary but not profit (what if he is an entrepreneur)?

How many yahoo boys dey fit maintain benz with their much stolen money?

You owned an ES330 before your current G35; life na step bro.

The OP has made his mind to but a car (a benz at that) and he's asking for which to buy. He was not asking for opinion whether to buy a car or not. Rather, what benz to buy.
If you felt he's not ready to own one, you could have your perspective and give reasons also. You didn't give reasons but went to bash him on priorities.

You're one respected person on this autos section and it's best you leave it that way.

Just think about your comment bro.

Peace....

15 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

What is your problem? Do you make any amount talking down on Mercedes Benz vehicles?
Someone said he wants to buy a benz and here you are telling him not to.
To you everyone must drive a Japanese. angry
You are becoming a nuisance on this thread angry angry
Nonsense

Bro, heavenlybang wasn't looking down on any brand. His perspective was on the guy's income.

From your comment, it seemed you already had a mind for HeavenlyBang prior to this moment.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2020
harley88:
Hi guys, if you were to recommend a Benz for a first time car buyer, i mean my very first car; which would you recommend??

My brother look at the w203s advertised by chukel and Philadelphia, I believe their cost may fall well within your budget.

Dear Shortgun, HeavenlyBang responded to the OP's RFI or need for recommendation/clarification as to which Benz he should go for if he earns #1,800,000 p.a. There's no need for us to always fight on here, I love Benz's but as long as I can't currently afford my dream 3 pointed star without credit, I've learnt to be practical. Note, assuming this #1.8M isn't tax free, then the OP's net salary on a monthly basis becomes #137,033.33 - the tax burden of #12,966.67 will easily give him fuel to last 2 weeks if he picks a puny engine and doesn't do much driving.

Hopefully, he plans on buying a toks. This will definitely offset any major maintenance costs in the first 9-18 months of ownership. And for the love of God, my brother maintaining a Nigerian used Benz or Bimmer made after 2000 isn't cheap for the average Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

It's just irritating, tbh. I like to think the point I was trying to make was obvious, then out from nowhere comes that guy. Seems like he's trying to prove a point after I've called him out on his bullshit dozens of times on this thread.

I understand your point bro but let it slide.

I was bashing one kid yesterday but I had to think about it..... what for? Na small boy to me in all areas... I just lock up leave the mum guy to his "mumuness".
Recently, I'm learning to ignore people who are seeking my attention cheaply.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

I know he will send distress signal for you guys to come support him and click likes on his comments.
Dont advice me abeg...
I know his reputation here and I know that he subtly told the guy that wants to buy a benz that is a bad choice.

Why not allow him say it "directly"?

You can't say you know the minds of peoole; allow them come out plainly but have your defence.
In this case, you weren't having any defence.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2020
Philadelphia:

My brother, me and you never disagree for nairaland before and we even chat on WhatsApp. Though I don't know you personally nor are we friends but your activities on the auto section made me know your moniker. I have supported and liked most comments from you but I must tell you that this one doesn't seem right.

You didn't have to discourage the guy. Someone earning 150k a month as a young man can comfortably own and maintain a benz. It's an individual thing and it's not all about money. Do you know if he is the last kid from a wealthy family who has less burdens and more support from his family? That 150k is salary but not profit (what if he is an entrepreneur)?

How many yahoo boys dey fit maintain benz with their much stolen money?

You owned an ES330 before your current G35; life na step bro.

The OP has made his mind to but a car (a benz at that) and he's asking for which to buy. He was not asking for opinion whether to buy a car or not. Rather, what benz to buy.
If you felt he's not ready to own one, you could have your perspective and give reasons also. You didn't give reasons but went to bash him on priorities.

You're one respected person on this autos section and it's best you leave it that way.

Just think about your comment bro.

Peace....

Honestly, my comment wasn't from a place of malice or to undermine anyone. All I said was going by his stated income of 150k a month, it's not my place to assume anything else.

The guy seemed to be interested in buying a car to make a statement. Let's be honest, 150k a month isn't much in the grand scheme of things. That comes out to 1.8m a year. Even a used W203 in good condition will run him close to 1.2m, which is close to 75% of his stated yearly income. Just for purchase.

A 15-year-old luxury car definitely comes with some significant maintenence costs, especially with a W203 which doesn't have the reputation for being particularly reliable. Kingreign and Theconglomerate can all testify.

My comment is simply logical. An income of 150k monthly isn't enough to purchase and maintain a 15-year-old Mercedes, especially considering the person in question doesn't seem to be conversant with cars. I'll be the first to agree that people have a right to do what they want with their money, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not a financially sound decision.

Again, my comment was coming from a purely rational place, based on provided information.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2020
harley88:
Hi guys, if you were to recommend a Benz for a first time car buyer, i mean my very first car; which would you recommend??

For use in Lagos, basically mainland to island trips.
Salary is 150k, I'm a young working class guy, i like cars saying "yeah, bad guy around".

By the way, me saying you have your priorities wrong was in reference to this part.

I'm a young working class guy like you too, man. But you get to a point and you realize that having people say "yeah, bad guy around" shouldn't be the goal at all.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

By the way, me saying you have your priorities wrong was in reference to this part.

I'm a young working class guy like you too, man. But you get to a point and you realize that having people say "yeah, bad guy around" shouldn't be the goal at all.
he hasn't gotten to that point. Some people never get to that point. Where is obitee69

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2020
chukel:
he hasn't gotten to that point. Some people never get to that point. Where is obitee69
Deactivated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2020
kingreign:

Deactivated.
noticed costee deactivated too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2020
kingreign:

Deactivated.
you and heavenlybang should look for him. He disturbed us a lot with your model of infiniti.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2020
chukel:
you and heavenlybang should look for him. He disturbed us a lot with your model of infiniti.

Oh! That guy had a G35 also?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Honestly, my comment wasn't from a place of malice or to undermine anyone. All I said was going by his stated income of 150k a month, it's not my place to assume anything else.

The guy seemed to be interested in buying a car to make a statement. Let's be honest, 150k a month isn't much in the grand scheme of things. That comes out to 1.8m a year. Even a used W203 in good condition will run him close to 1.2m, which is close to 75% of his stated yearly income. Just for purchase.

A 15-year-old luxury car definitely comes with some significant maintenence costs, especially with a W203 which doesn't have the reputation for being particularly reliable. Kingreign and Theconglomerate can all testify.

My comment is simply logical. An income of 150k monthly isn't enough to purchase and maintain a 15-year-old Mercedes, especially considering the person in question doesn't seem to be conversant with cars. I'll be the first to agree that people have a right to do what they want with their money, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not a financially sound decision.

Again, my comment was coming from a purely rational place, based on provided information.

I understand your POV bro, but not everyone will see it that way especially if you've had a history with such a one. So, when you see that some comments are leaning towards bringing your leg "out", you just gats look throway face.

I'm human also and still need someone to guide me when I'm going wrong. 1 person no know everything o.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2020
chukel:
noticed costee deactivated too

Ahhhh, that's awful. He made a post on the Nissan thread yesterday but the post was shadowbanned (no one could see it). That's his last post here AFAIK, and his account has now been deactivated.

That's a shame. Probably one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Philadelphia:

I understand your POV bro, but not everyone will see it that way especially if you've had a history with such a one. So, when you see that some comments are leaning towards bringing your leg "out", you just gats look throway face.

I'm human also and still need someone to guide me when I'm going wrong. 1 person no know everything o.

I understand, chief.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
chukel:
Really?

I go find am.
By the way, no be me get that INFINITI, Na my wife get am. I only borrow pose from her.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Lovelysexy: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hello all,

Is 2002 ML 320 nigeria used be advised for someone who wanna get his first car? or should the person go for a rav4 or highlander?

Advice needed urgently foe a car purchase decision?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You have your priorities wrong. If you want a car that's a statement, you have to start making more money first.

You shouldn't be looking at a car right now, and even if you are, definitely not a Benz.

What is actually wrong with you guys ? I don't get you .. First you said that British cars are unreliable... Meaning that Rolls-Royce , Aston Martins etc and unreliable... Now this !

What is wrong with you guys here... This was why ikenna351 was bitter on you guys

If you don't have anything to say... Abeg you ... Blow whistle
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lovelysexy:
Hello all,

Is 2002 ML 320 nigeria used be advised for someone who wanna get his first car? or should the person go for a rav4 or highlander?

Advice needed urgently foe a car purchase decision?

I drive a 2004 ML 320 it's a good car and parts aren't that expensive... If you like great handling and good 4matic 4x4 settings you can go for it.... It is my second Benz...

One thing with Benz is that if you start with Benz ..... Then go with C Class..... But 320 is a good car- parts are not expensive

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

Dont advice me abeg...

LoL... You know them.... Bunch big funny Nairaland folks...

Oh I never knew you observed them... Ikenna351 did a number on then on his Puegeot thread
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

The guy has a reputation here.
He doesn't see any good in benz vehicles!
Either they are money pits or unreliable to him.
The only good car is his little brain is Japanese brands.

There's a benz for everyone!
Yes he can own and maintain a benz with 150k salary.

The guy was at Jaguar thread and said that British cars was unreliable... They attacked him there

He went to ikenna351 and said that French cars are not good

Now he is in benz thread and I want to believe this man is above 30! How can a man e this trolling

When I wrote him off was when he said that British cars are unreliable ... I .mean is rolls Royce and Bentley unreliable...

Take em serious at your own peril
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ah, the village idiot has landed. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
shortgun:

Answer with the little honesty that remains in you..if there is any.

My dear if you have 150k monthly you can comfortably drive a c class .... Comfortably

You know them very well... They are resident cabal members

LoL

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Ah, the village idiot has landed. grin

And the village fool has spoken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
awesome9ja:
Pls I need a sound and competent benz Ml320 mechanic. Pls can you recommend someone in Lagos. Mainland to be precise

I drive that car the 04/05 Model.. and i have posted his number here
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
harley88:

For use in Lagos, basically mainland to island trips.
Salary is 150k, I'm a young working class guy, i like cars saying "yeah, bad guy around".

Bro... You can do C class any of these models ....
Don't go for 4matic or Komprsessor models ....

Don't listen to some of these clowns here... They drive japanese cars

You can comfortably maintain these cars... They rarely spoil ! I drove a c class (Elegance) 5 yrs and I never opened the engine just servicing .... But 05 C class would do.... It's a great ride

ML is good but it is a bit high and I will not advise first timer to do SUV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=shortgun post=91360215]
Imagine the fool talking about wisdom.
Where is ur sense when you go to someone's house to insult their mother....na ur head dey go break.
This is a Mercedes benz thread....meaning every discussion here should be about benz only.
Fools like you will still come here and talk shit about benz...on a benz thread. angry
[/quote

Forget that clown....

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.