Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967268 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Infinity and Acura trolls lets see yours of same year.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AUTOSANDCARTALK: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
nakoks:

This is a legendary mercedes benz! !!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tonychristopher: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
nakoks:

This is awesome..... This is great !

Define stupidity? It's comparing a benz with an infinity/nissan in terms of history

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tonychristopher: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

In my opinion, NO! I don't quite think you're ready for AMG ownership, there's a small jump from an RX350 to an ML350, and an even bigger one up to an ML63.

If you love the ML and need the power, what you should get is an ML550. Excellent 4.7L twin turbo V8 with over 400 HP. Get that instead. The M278 and M276 (V6 used in most Mercs from 2012 to 2016) are modular engines and share accessories, so parts shouldn't be an issue. By 2015, all issues with the M278 had also been solved.

I CANNOT in good faith advice you to get the ML63.

Selah.

Awesome... I love this analysis... It would be a big leap from RX 350 To AMG 63... he should do ML 350 and pick it up from there

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamiephills: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
In my opinion, NO! I don't quite think you're ready for AMG ownership, there's a small jump from an RX350 to an ML350, and an even bigger one up to an ML63.

If you love the ML and need the power, what you should get is an ML550. Excellent 4.7L twin turbo V8 with over 400 HP. Get that instead. The M278 and M276 (V6 used in most Mercs from 2012 to 2016) are modular engines and share accessories, so parts shouldn't be an issue. By 2015, all issues with the M278 had also been solved.

Selah....

I was researching about the 4matic and AMG edition and it seems the AMG engine is way better and performs like a beast.
Please gurus here should enlighten me more,i need to get this baby now so it can get here before Xmas.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jamiephills:

Selah....

I was researching about the 4matic and AMG edition and it seems the AMG engine is way better and performs like a beast.
Please gurus here should enlighten me more,i need to get this baby now so it can get here before Xmas.

Baba, there's more to a car than having a engine with plenty of power.

I've made my case, feel free to do as you like.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jamiephills: 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=95140095]

Baba, there's more to a car than having a engine with plenty of power.

I've made my case, feel free to do as you like.

Bro please i am new to this thread,please enlighten me more,..I looked up the car and i need a good talk through...Ml63 and Ml 350 same year...the AMG is costlier buh i don’t really care about that,i just wanna get a good reliable Benz sibling to my Rx.
Thanks bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
weyreypey:

No. Use liquimoly. Contact mid.oda

For a 1998 naija used MB? Why is he topping up exactly? And what oil has the former owner been using - original or fake STAR? The truth is you know exactly the proper advise to give but just like the Nigerian government you'd rather violence takes its toll on his finances first.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
nakoks:
lets see yours of same year.

Beautiful. Saw one of these beaut earlier today.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 12:48am On Oct 21, 2020
[quote author=Jamiephills post=95140918][/quote]
I don't know what you are waiting for to get ur dream vehicle.
It's an AMG for Gods sake..premium luxury + performance with swag winkall in one vehicle.
What else can one ask for.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 5:49am On Oct 21, 2020
Eddee:

For a 1998 naija used MB? Why is he topping up exactly? And what oil has the former owner been using - original or fake STAR? The truth is you know exactly the proper advise to give but just like the Nigerian government you'd rather violence takes its toll on his finances first.
Thanks for this response. I noticed the transmission oil is not gauged hence the reason for topping up.

Though gear select perfectly ok. No issues at all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hazardfan1: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Hello great people, it's been a while here.

I need advise and suggestions, my C230K restoration is almost complete but there's an issue with the gear shift.

It's not engaging, the gear shift can't move from either Park to Drive and vice versa normally until u change it to drive from under the car, if you wanna stop, you'll change it back to park from under the car, what would be the causes and possible solutions to this please.....Once its engaged from under the car, it drives very fine and shifts well from Gear 1 to 5
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by feedthenation(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ravioli:
Loving This...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxXvgdaUAs

Beautiful in black metallic colour, but not really in love with the interior --- too many driver's distractions
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hazardfan1: 6:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hazardfan1:

I need advise and suggestions, my C230K restoration is almost complete but there's an issue with the gear shift.

It's not engaging, the gear shift can't move from either Park to Drive and vice versa normally until u change it to drive from under the car, if you wanna stop, you'll change it back to park from under the car, what would be the causes and possible solutions to this please.....Once its engaged from under the car, it drives very fine and shifts well from Gear 1 to 5

I need help please. Cc Radautoworks, Eedee and co
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ifebazz(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good evening fellow Benzers, I trust we are all safe whereever we are at the moment.
My car (2006 C280) refused to start today at the filling station this evening after toping up fuel. It has actually done similar thing some months ago when I had to leave it be while I went for the shoping I went to do ab initio. When I called a Kazim and explained to him the situation, he just asked me to use another battery! Behold, that was exactly what I did and it jumped back to life.
Please, what could have drained the battery or could it be that my alternator is failing or the battery is? What other issues could have caused what happened today? Thank you, I hope I get solutions as Saturday is only free day I have to fix it against future occurences.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 6:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Hazardfan1:

Check Gear selector module.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 6:54am On Oct 24, 2020
Ifebazz:
Good evening fellow Benzers, I trust we are all safe whereever we are at the moment.
My car (2006 C280) refused to start today at the filling station this evening after toping up fuel. It has actually done similar thing some months ago when I had to leave it be while I went for the shoping I went to do ab initio. When I called a Kazim and explained to him the situation, he just asked me to use another battery! Behold, that was exactly what I did and it jumped back to life.
Please, what could have drained the battery or could it be that my alternator is failing or the battery is? What other issues could have caused what happened today? Thank you, I hope I get solutions as Saturday is only free day I have to fix it against future occurences.
Did you get the Battery/alternator warning light before the problem?
Have an experienced mechanic look at the seat control modules( driver side and passenger side)
Also, the overhead control panel will drain battery if it starts to fail.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2020
Hazardfan1:

I need help please. Cc Radau.toworks, Eed.ee and co

Good morning bro, it's been a while. Great to hear you've made so much progress on that car's repair. Like someone else has stated above, let your mechanic check the gear selector - the mechanical fault is very obvious. Just ran a quick Google search and found this excerpt:

"There will be no warning lights when the gear selector lever fails but there will be fault codes stored, scanning the vehicle with diagnostic tools will reveal these as selector lever position detection failed and CAN signal selector lever position. Common fault codes:
P1856 – Selector Lever Position Detection Failed
P240C – CAN Signal Selector Lever Position N15/5 Is Not Plausible"
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hazardfan1: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2020
Eddee:

Good morning bro, it's been a while. Great to hear you've made so much progress on that car's repair. Like someone else has stated above, let your mechanic check the gear selector - the mechanical fault is very obvious. Just ran a quick Google search and found this excerpt:

"There will be no warning lights when the gear selector lever fails but there will be fault codes stored, scanning the vehicle with diagnostic tools will reveal these as selector lever position detection failed and CAN signal selector lever position. Common fault codes:
P1856 – Selector Lever Position Detection Failed
P240C – CAN Signal Selector Lever Position N15/5 Is Not Plausible"

Thank you so much...Cc Shortgun
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ifebazz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
No battery warning, only engine warning light came up a few weeks back. Plus there's this light sensor error message, specifically license plate light but all lights are running well to the best of my knowledge.

shortgun:

Did you get the Battery/alternator warning light before the problem?
Have an experienced mechanic look at the seat control modules( driver side and passenger side)
Also, the overhead control panel will drain battery if it starts to fail.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ogbuu101: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Hazardfan1:

Check brake light switch
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Hazardfan1: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Check brake light switch

Tnx
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cdoffx(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hello bosses. Please I need wheel speed sensor for front right side of Benz S430. Is there any trusted seller and can it be sent to Abk.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 1:44am On Oct 28, 2020
cdoffx:
Hello bosses. Please I need wheel speed sensor for front right side of Benz S430. Is there any trusted seller and can it be sent to Abk.

Scan and post the exact codes. Could be the wiring harness. Oh, If it’s actually the WSS that has seen better days then for the Love of God don’t buy toks or any Tibao nonsense. In short contact radauto.works, If she can’t get you OEM, the STAR clone will do. I am fairly certain this particular Chinese knock-off has better QC than her peers.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cdoffx(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2020
Eddee:

Scan and post the exact codes. Could be the wiring harness. Oh, If it’s actually the WSS that has seen better days then for the Love of God don’t buy toks or any Tibao nonsense. In short contact radauto.works, If she can’t get you OEM, the STAR clone will do. I am fairly certain this particular Chinese knock-off has better QC than her peers.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I can't even remember the code precisely again. I'll need to ask the guy again and probably redo it. But what do you mean by the wiring harness sir.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by feedthenation(m): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2020
cdoffx:

Chairman, which year is the Benz S430?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2020
cdoffx:

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I can't even remember the code precisely again. I'll need to ask the guy again and probably redo it. But what do you mean by the wiring harness sir.

There’s a connector for the speed sensor to plug into. Get that checked first, the location makes it very easy for dirt and other particles to make a home there.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cdoffx(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
Eddee:

There’s a connector for the speed sensor to plug into. Get that checked first, the location makes it very easy for dirt and other particles to make a home there.
This one below right?
I guess it can enter into any of those sides.
I pulled it out and I'm not sure which of those two ports it would enter plus I have to use hand to feel it cos it can't be seen

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
cdoffx:

This one below right?
I guess it can enter into any of those sides.
I pulled it out and I'm not sure which of those two ports it would enter plus I have to use hand to feel it cos it can't be seen

Yep, looks dirty to my untrained eyes. Here’s what to do in no particular order; get a soft brush, disconnect the car’s battery, use methylated spirit (leaves no residue), besides I don’t like using petrol except as a degreaser. Also, you can be rest assured that there will be no moisture left on the connectors nor the insulated wires themselves. Reconnect wheel speed sensors, and obviously the Car’s battery. Drive around for a while, if the car’s computer triggers the malfunctions within 15-30 mins after your drive, then get original hella or bosch replacement parts.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by josephsm823(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2020
I just got Mercedes Benz glk350.. Any advise for me?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by IkpuMmadu: 5:59am On Oct 29, 2020
josephsm823:
I just got Mercedes Benz glk350.. Any advise for me?

Nice ride

Use original star oil for the gears
Use mobile 1 or synthetic for engine

Don't drive that car with japanese mentality... We don't drive benz with japanese mentality... Drive the car witj benz philosophy, look for good mechanic and don't go change mechanic and remember that benz gives you good engines

It's great brand... Welcome to the club of benz owners

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.