Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (967279 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Nice ride

Use original star oil for the gears
Use mobile 1 or synthetic for engine

Don't drive that car with japanese mentality... We don't drive benz with japanese mentality... Drive the car witj benz philosophy, look for good mechanic and don't go change mechanic and remember that benz gives you good engines

It's great brand... Welcome to the club of benz owners
You've said it all. The Philosophy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2020
Hello My People.

I recently got a w204 2008 C300 manual transmission (US Spec). The car is working perfectly and top notch. I need advice on maintenance tips.

I intend to carry out the first routine maintenance after purchase.

Also, Is it okay for me to lift the car a bit from its current level due to the state of our roads?

Please advice.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:57am On Oct 29, 2020
uchechukwuochei:
Hello My People.

I recently got a w204 2008 C300 manual transmission (US Spec). The car is working perfectly and top notch. I need advice on maintenance tips.

Also, Is it okay for me to lift the car a bit from its current level due to the state of our roads?

Please advice.

I love the MT of these cars. A rare gem indeed.

Broda, leave the factory height of your car the way it is o to avoid premium tears.
There's a reason the manufacturersame spent billions of dollars in quality research in German engineering to come up with that calculated height.

If you needed a Mercedes with a higher ground clearance, you should have opted for Mercedes-Benz 911 truck undecided

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2020
uchechukwuochei:
Hello My People.

Please advice.
So na you later buy this car? cheesy
Nice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2020
wow... incredible...
how did you get this?? know someone who searched almost all the car lots in lag and cotonou in search of a manual W204 C300

uchechukwuochei:
Hello My People.

Please advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 11:19am On Oct 29, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
So na you later buy this car? cheesy
Nice.

Yes O.

Any advice?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2020
BamBamK:
wow... incredible...
how did you get this?? know someone who searched almost all the car lots in lag and cotonou in search of a manual W204 C300

It came recommended by a friend.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2020
BamBamK:
wow... incredible...

It was advertised here on NL where the owner was literally begging people to buy for 2.5m yet no one took it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2020
uchechukwuochei:

Yes O.

Any advice?
Leave everything as you see am.
Oyibo no stupid to build am like that,just always park with your tyres straightened at all times.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2020
Philadelphia:

I love the MT of these cars. A rare gem indeed.

Broda, leave the factory height of your car the way it is o to avoid premium tears.
There's a reason the manufacturersame spent billions of dollars in quality research in German engineering to come up with that calculated height.

If you needed a Mercedes with a higher ground clearance, you should have opted for Mercedes-Benz 911 truck undecided

LOL. That got me all cracked up. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Leave everything as you see am.
Oyibo no stupid to build am like that,just always park with your tyres straightened at all times.

Alright, Broda.

How about things to look out for during maintenance?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2020
uchechukwuochei:

Alright, Broda.

How about things to look out for during maintenance?
Nothing ooo,As this particular ride is manual,so no star oil for you.
However,stick to mobil 1 (specified weight) as the manufacturer talk o for the engine and also buy original filters.
C300 is a very strong car bros.
The reason you ought to park straight at all times is to avoid steering lock ooo,expensive fix!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2020
uchechukwuochei:
Hello My People.

Please advice.

German spec? Mercedes hasn't sold a manual in the US in years.

Great car, though. Enjoy. You have a rare specimen on your hands.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by uchechukwuochei(m): 11:48am On Oct 29, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Nothing ooo,As this particular ride is manual,so no star oil for you.
However,stick to mobil 1 (specified weight) as the manufacturer talk o for the engine and also buy original filters.
C300 is a very strong car bros.
The reason you ought to park straight at all times is to avoid steering lock ooo,expensive fix!

Thanks, Brother.

I appreciate the advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

German spec? Mercedes hasn't sold a manual in the US in years.

Great car, though. Enjoy. You have a rare specimen on your hands.
Those rims look US market.
The body looks US but the rear bumper looks german(European) due to it's short nature.
It could be
a) American with after market rear bumpers from Europe or
b)European with Aftermarket rims and body,which looks more impossible.
So since a is likelier to occur than b,then we must conclude that it is American,big ol American icecubes cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
wonderful

uchechukwuochei:

It came recommended by a friend.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
interesting !!!

TransAtlanticEx:
It was advertised here on NL where the owner was literally begging people to buy for 2.5m yet no one took it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Those rims look US market.
The body looks US but the rear bumper looks german(European) due to it's short nature.
It could be
a) American with after market rear bumpers from Europe or
b)European with Aftermarket rims and body,which looks more impossible.
So since a is likelier to occur than b,then we must conclude that it is American,big ol American icecubes cheesy

You're right, actually.

"In the United States, the Elegance trim is only available on the C 300 Luxury with an option for the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system, and the Avantgarde trim is available on the C 300 Sport (the only US market C-Class with a standard manual transmission with 4MATIC system available as an option) and the C 350 Sport (RWD only). "

A manual W204 was sold in the US. Quite surprising.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:

2.5m for toks?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Philadelphia:

2.5m for toks?
Na manual na,how much you be want buy am? undecided
And how much be auto?
Na wetin you suppose dey reason.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cdoffx(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2020
Eddee:

Yep, looks dirty to my untrained eyes. Here’s what to do in no particular order; get a soft brush, disconnect the car’s battery, use methylated spirit (leaves no residue), besides I don’t like using petrol except as a degreaser. Also, you can be rest assured that there will be no moisture left on the connectors nor the insulated wires themselves. Reconnect wheel speed sensors, and obviously the Car’s battery. Drive around for a while, if the car’s computer triggers the malfunctions within 15-30 mins after your drive, then get original hella or bosch replacement parts.

Thanks boss. I did as said but issue still persist. It drives well for some time and afterwards it goes into limp mode and I would have to switch engine and restart to get it back worst still it sometimes would from limp mode start revving high as I step on the gas without moving till I switch engine and restart. Or could it be that I didn't plug the sensor into the correct plug as I can see there are two plugs in the picture I attached earlier but I don't know which should be the right side.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ifebazz(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2020
The voltage from the battery is normal (12+V) and alternator is working (13-14V) from the readings and an electrician confirmed it independently too. What I seem to have noticed is that, it has never failed to start when it is cold, only when hot and the annoying issue is, all the time I was at a workshop, it started so, they couldn't lay hands on the exact problem. The scan came in clean, not a single light on my dashboard nor any serious error message apart from the ones still there (License plate light sensor even though it's working!).

shortgun:

Did you get the Battery/alternator warning light before the problem?
Have an experienced mechanic look at the seat control modules( driver side and passenger side)
Also, the overhead control panel will drain battery if it starts to fail.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2020
Last comment is hidden, Eddee.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BenzOrTrek: 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
Is a 2008 or 2009 c300/c350 TOKs a good buy in 2020?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
BenzOrTrek:

Nah, trek.

grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BenzOrTrek: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Nah, trek.

grin

You lost me bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
BenzOrTrek:
Too old,try the 2013 W204 C300/350,but be ready to cough up 6m+.. cool
Any car,whether jap or German that is above 10 years is super old,unless you aren't buying it for lustre reasons,just pure mobility.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BenzOrTrek: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Any car,whether jap or German that is above 10 years is super old,unless you aren't buying it for lustre reasons,just pure mobility.

Thanks for your input.

I'm buying my first ride and it's going to be for mobility as against luster. I wouldn't want to go beyond 3.5m. I'd reserve 500k for yearly maintenance as someone suggested on another thread.

I just want to be on a safer side to avoid "had i known"

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
BenzOrTrek:

Thanks for your input.

I'm buying my first ride and it's going to be for mobility as against luster. I wouldn't want to go beyond 3.5m. I'd reserve 500k for yearly maintenance as someone suggested on another thread.

I just want to be on a safer side to avoid "had i known"
Okay,the C300 is a very solid car.
I don't think there is much to be bothered about,unless you weren't buying toks.
Goodluck with your search.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:

Your ten-year number quite arbitrary tbh.

BenzOrTrek:

You lost me bro

I'm just messing with you, man. If you need AWD, get a C300 4Matic. If you don't, get a regular C300. If you need power at the expense of a bit worse economy, get a C350.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TransAtlanticEx(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Your ten-year number quite arbitrary tbh.

I'm just messing with you, man. If you need AWD, get a C300 4Matic. If you don't, get a regular C300. If you need power at the expense of a bit worse economy, get a C350.
Can you show me a 10 year old car that still has lustre?jap or German,anyone.
I was talking from a lustre point of view.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.