Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968635 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2021
happydude:
Good day house , pls what's the recommended oil for a c280 2007 m272 engine types with high mileage on the odometer. thanks fam for ur inputs
Guy get a good 5w40, leave high mileage.If you are cost conscious then do a 10w40....I recommend Liqui Moly in both cases.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Oluyinkaade001: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2021
Someone please help me with solution to this
Oluyinkaade001:
I also noticed the right front fog light of my c300, 2008 model goes on and off by itself after parking thereby draining my battery. After parking I ensure that it’s off but after a while it comes on by itself. What can I do about it ?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 4:57pm On Sep 06, 2021

bank olemoh street

Yourbest:
Please anybody with a good Technician For Mercedes Benz. Would prefer one around Surulere because my Fan isn’t working. Can’t move the car at the moment
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BamBamK: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
this is not nice na DJ

don't invalidate his personal experience

OfficialDJ:
congrats on your new whip, but 215 Bhp isn't something to salivate over angry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 1:22am On Sep 07, 2021
happydude:
Thank you sir for your quick responses , the car its is a 9ja used beside my previous car was a c230 05 kompressor but after driving it for like 2 years I felt I needed a upgrade after tasting my friends c300 which was waooh when driving it . The things is due to the different kind of 5w30 oils and the difficulty in knowing an original oil in them due to the so called fakes in the market I am having issues knowing a good , tested n trusted brand of oil to use sir . Thanks alot for your input

Always at ur service
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by switchlain: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
yep... and a scanner
Absolutely.. No one should think of owning a Benz without having a scanner else those mechanics will wreck you .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
switchlain:

Absolutely.. No one should think of owning a Benz without having a scanner else those mechanics will wreck you .
I recommend Autel AP200M

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
weyreypey:

I recommend Autel AP200M

How good is this scanner?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princecanada: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hi Star Family,

Pls I need ur guidance here. I just acquired this 2007 C280 4matic foreign used. Car was running fine and smooth until I decided to do oil change and servicing. Wanted to use Mobil1 but Mech advised Total oil. Did oil change and a day after, I started hearing a dangling sound in the bonnet area. Called Mech when I arrived home from work to check, Mech said is the exhaust. After working

.on the exhaust, metallic dangling sound still there. Now he is saying it's from the shaft. I insisted it must have been the oil as the sound wasn't there before. The asked that I bring the car tomorrow. I just got this car few days ago, and these guys have turned it to their lab rat. how do I fix this.
Oil used is Total 20w 50. I am in Abuja...

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Princecanada:
Hi Star Family,

Pls I need ur guidance here. I just acquired this 2007 C280 4matic foreign used. Car was running fine and smooth until I decided to do oil change and servicing. Wanted to use Mobil1 but Mech advised Total oil. Did oil change and a day after, I started hearing a dangling sound in the bonnet area. Called Mech when I arrived home from work to check, Mech said is the exhaust. After working

.on the exhaust, metallic dangling sound still there. Now he is saying it's from the shaft. I insisted it must have been the oil as the sound wasn't there before. The asked that I bring the car tomorrow. I just got this car few days ago, and these guys have turned it to their lab rat. how do I fix this.
kingreign

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Princecanada:
Hi Star Family,

Forget that mechanic, open your bonnet and start the car try and see if you can figure out where the sound is coming from, examine your exhaust manifold and try Check your muffler or catalyst maybe dem don commot am.
Best bet scan your car.

For the oil, you use a wrong oil weight, you car specification is 5W-30.
Stick to that,

You can change that 20w-50 after 1000 miles and replace with 5w-30.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princecanada: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
Manuella4ace:

Forget that mechanic, open your bonnet and start the car try and see if you can figure out where the sound is coming from, examine your exhaust manifold and try Check your muffler or catalyst maybe dem don commot am.
Best bet scan your car.

Stick to that,

Thank you Boss.

If you start the car and fire the vehicle, you won't hear that sound until you start driving after like 2 minutes. Regarding the oil, does it mean I don't have to change the oil right away. After the service, I only drove the car once to the office.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princecanada: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
kingreign
Thanks Boss...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
Princecanada:

Thank you Boss.

If you start the car and fire the vehicle, you won't hear that sound until you start driving after like 2 minutes. Regarding the oil, does it mean I don't have to change the oil right away. After the service, I only drove the car once to the office.

No, 1000miles won't do any damage, but you can easily locate kingreign.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princecanada: 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Manuella4ace:

No, 1000miles won't do any damage, but you can easily locate kingreign.
Alright Boss. Is he within Abuja and do u have his contact?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 1:43am On Sep 09, 2021
Chuknovski:
omo benz sweet die, please guys welcome a proud owner of c320 2005
that is one of the finest C klasse... congrats

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chuknovski(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2021
ariesbull:
that is one of the finest C klasse... congrats

Thnks brother
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2021
Princecanada:

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Churock: 1:42am On Sep 10, 2021
Manuella4ace:

Best bet scan your car.

Stick to that,

Please do you have a picture of how the gallon/container looks like? And also will this specification be good for benz c320 05

Someone told me Mobil 1 is the best oil for it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CaptainAyub: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2021
DAVE5:

I’m noticing that sometimes when it rains, my foot mat on the driver side is usually soaked in water, guessing that’s the same thing you’re talking about

Please how did you sort it before I run into bigger issues

Car type is 204 as well
Check the drains around where the Windscreen and the base of the wiper meet.
Might be clogged.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DAVE5(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Check the drains around where the Windscreen and the base of the wiper meet.
Might be clogged.

Yes boss, already met someone to give it a fix
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 1:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Just acquired a C200 04 direct tokunbo the car came with malfunctions on the dashboard. Pictures attached below.

I notice some malfunctioning yesterday with the head lamb turning on and off erratically.

Please I need an experience and competent MB re-wire and also a mechanic for this car as I don't want anyhow mechanic to come and be doing tryer and error for me.

Please recommend one, location is Abule Egba, Lagos

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 1:55am On Sep 11, 2021
Churock:

Please do you have a picture of how the gallon/container looks like? And also will this specification be good for benz c320 05

The right oil for any model car like yours is full synthetic oil, 0W20, 5W20 or 10W30.

For Nigeria weather 5W20 or 10W30 full synthetic oil is the recommended oil for our weather... 0W10/20 can also be used especially for newer cars from 2019 till recent but I personally think it too tin since we do not have snow in nigeria.

Mobil1 is the recommended oil for all Mercedes Benz cars and make sure your source for thus oil is genuine and authentic because most of these synthetic oil being sold around are fake.

I've a genuine source who imports directly from the USA that I buy from, don't allow mechanic talk you into using 20W50 for your car that oil os meant for danfo and caterpillarsgrin

Even your radiator use radiator water not just ordinary water alone.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Manuella4ace:

I own one but a 2003, I do my regular maintenance, fuel consumption is as low as that of corolla, and very reliable.
I've never regretted buying it, parts are way cheaper than that of a corolla.

I just bought a C200 03/04 this week and from my research about the W203 C-class the car is one of the reliable class MB had made... It's good to hear about the fuel economy from you.

My issue now is how to get a good and experience mechanic and re-wire. Any link location is Lagos ifako Ijaye

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:37am On Sep 11, 2021
HottieCoach:

Contact us on your next purchase
wink wink

Location and contact pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:43am On Sep 11, 2021
CaptainAyub:

It's not just about Mobil or not.
Most,if not all Benz require 0 or 5w-40 while that oil is 5W-30.
Personally,I prefer original liquimolly brand to Egypt Mobil or Castrol oil.

But Mobil has been in partnership with mercedes Benz since 1908 or more so the recommended oil for its machine, as a matter of fact Mobil oil is the factory oil for all Mercedes Benz brands, though I know of this liquimolly and heard it's very expensive than the Mobil 1... How much do you usually get it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:46am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

The right oil for any model car like yours is full synthetic oil, 0W20, 5W20 or 10W30.

For Nigeria weather 5W20 or 10W30 full synthetic oil is the recommended oil for our weather... 0W10/20 can also be used especially for newer cars from 2019 till recent but I personally think it too tin since we do not have snow in nigeria.

Mobil1 is the recommended oil for all Mercedes Benz cars and make sure your source for thus oil is genuine and authentic because most of these synthetic oil being sold around are fake.

I've a genuine source who imports directly from the USA that I buy from, don't allow mechanic talk you into using 20W50 for your car that oil os meant for danfo and caterpillarsgrin

Even your radiator use radiator water not just ordinary water alone.
Mercedes Benz doesn't use 5W20, 0W 20, as far as I can recollect. Those are Japanese engine oils. What it recommends are 5W 40, 0W 40, 10W 40, or XW 30. Choose wisely

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 4:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:
Just acquired a C200 04 direct tokunbo the car came with malfunctions on the dashboard. Pictures attached below.

I notice some malfunctioning yesterday with the head lamb turning on and off erratically.

Please I need an experience and competent MB re-wire and also a mechanic for this car as I don't want anyhow mechanic to come and be doing tryer and error for me.

Please recommend one, location is Abule Egba, Lagos

Turning indicator Lamp inside the mirror is bad change it. That's what the first picture is telling you.

For ESP Try start up your Mercedes-Benz and turn the steering wheel all the way to the right, then all the way to the left. Do this a couple of times. Turn off the engine. Restart.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 5:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Churock:

Contact gazzuzz he has it, buy from him, tested and trusted
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:04am On Sep 11, 2021
Princecanada:

Pls, send me a message via WhatsApp if you are still interested in my services.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. 07034581213
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CaptainAyub: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2021
Felicity001:

But Mobil has been in partnership with mercedes Benz since 1908 or more so the recommended oil for its machine, as a matter of fact Mobil oil is the factory oil for all Mercedes Benz brands, though I know of this liquimolly and heard it's very expensive than the Mobil 1... How much do you usually get it?
It's about 25k per gallon now though it's 5L/gallon
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2021
weyreypey:

Mercedes Benz doesn't use 5W20, 0W 20, as far as I can recollect. Those are Japanese engine oils. What it recommends are 5W 40, 0W 40, 10W 40, or XW 30. Choose wisely

Thanks for the correction baba

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.