Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968186 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 6:58am On Sep 15, 2021
Felicity001:

Tell me more about this balance shaft issue with the M271 engine is it a factory defect, can it be manage or its lack of human maintenance because I'll be doing approximately 800miles weekly with the car what should I be worried about and what should I do to minimize any major problem.
M271 doesn't have balance shaft issue.He was talking about M272
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:01am On Sep 15, 2021
nakoks:

No C200 comes with 6 cylinder...straight or V .that's my point
Yeah.....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2021
nakoks:

M271 doesn't have balance shaft issue.He was talking about M272

Oh yeah... Got it now... But what does he meant by the statement below.

ibbabah:

To be frank, people I came across who used M271 regretted coming in contact with that engine.
To the best of my knowledge, M271 is not as reliable and rugged

I'll be using my C200 M271 2003 for Uber in Lagos. Should I be worried about anything?

I've a good maintenance culture off cource

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Felicity001:

Tell me more about this balance shaft issue with the M271 engine is it a factory defect, can it be manage or its lack of human maintenance because I'll be doing approximately 800miles weekly with the car what should I be worried about and what should I do to minimize any major problem.

The M271 has nothing to do with balance shaft gear failure but M272 and M273. V8 are also not left out of this failure. The balance shaft is a sprocket in the engine that helps to eliminate vibration at higher speeds while shifting gears. It does this by acting as a counterweight to these engine components as the vehicle accelerates, keeping them as still and secure as possible.
These are the possible signs of balance shaft failure.
Rough idling, engine stalling or misfiring, loud rattling or vibrating noises from the engine and the check engine light is turned on.
To fix the failure, it requires the whole engine be brought down and is also an expensive repairs. The M272 engine price has gone up, is about 600k or so.
The M271 has its own funny problems. A friend changed his engine three times last year. You could be lucky nothing may happen to yours.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Felicity001:

Oh yeah... Got it now... But what does he meant by the statement below.

I'll be using my C200 M271 2003 for Uber in Lagos. Should I be worried about anything?

I've a good maintenance culture off cource

Have you bought the car already? If yes, continue using it for some time then give it out. The price of the engine is also not funny now in case anything happens. Baba is still the president and dollar is on the rise. If no, go for the C200 M111 2.0L kompressor with red top. This engine is way more cheaper compared to M271.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
ibbabah:

Have you bought the car already? If yes, continue using it for some time then give it out. The price of the engine is also not funny now in case anything happens. Baba is still the president and dollar is on the rise. If no, go for the C200 M111 2.0L kompressor with red top. This engine is way more cheaper compared to M271.

My money is on this is a W202 Red Top and not W203.......dont ask me how i know
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
ibbabah:

I already bought it but yet to register it and soon, probably this week.

This is what I've notice today as I just returned from the mechanic workshop not too long ago.

Car has been moving well but I noticed the stabilizer linkage needed a change... After leg check we replaced the two linkage and breakpads (both front). The mechanic boys didn't suspend the car well so the front was leveled towards the ground.

Started car after work done then I noticed vibration even while in idle, this vibration is normal especially when I'd to connect the batter terminal heads well as they're not well fasten. But this time the vibration wouldn't go off instead an engine check light came up.

Just this morning a malfunction information added to the one's I posted earlier on the dashboard with the caption "service exceeded 546days". Bla bla bla

Lastly, a break pad signal also came out after the change of the pads.

Please kindly assist.
My plan is to carryout the servicing tomorrow
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
ibbabah:

The M271 has nothing to do with balance shaft gear failure but M272 and M273. V8 are also not left out of this failure. The balance shaft is a sprocket in the engine that helps to eliminate vibration at higher speeds while shifting gears. It does this by acting as a counterweight to these engine components as the vehicle accelerates, keeping them as still and secure as possible.
These are the possible signs of balance shaft failure.
Rough idling, engine stalling or misfiring, loud rattling or vibrating noises from the engine and the check engine light is turned on.
To fix the failure, it requires the whole engine be brought down and is also an expensive repairs. The M272 engine price has gone up, is about 600k or so.
The M271 has its own funny problems. A friend changed his engine three times last year. You could be lucky nothing may happen to yours.

You seems to know a lot about these cars. Are you a mechanic or something? If you are in Lagos pls let me come down tomorrow to your workshop.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 6:55am On Sep 16, 2021
nakoks:

My money is on this is a W202 Red Top and not W203.......dont ask me how i know
Space
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
Felicity001:

I already bought it but yet to register it and soon, probably this week.

This is what I've notice today as I just returned from the mechanic workshop not too long ago.

Car has been moving well but I noticed the stabilizer linkage needed a change... After leg check we replaced the two linkage and breakpads (both front). The mechanic boys didn't suspend the car well so the front was leveled towards the ground.

Started car after work done then I noticed vibration even while in idle, this vibration is normal especially when I'd to connect the batter terminal heads well as they're not well fasten. But this time the vibration wouldn't go off instead an engine check light came up.

Just this morning a malfunction information added to the one's I posted earlier on the dashboard with the caption "service exceeded 546days". Bla bla bla

Lastly, a break pad signal also came out after the change of the pads.

Please kindly assist.
My plan is to carryout the servicing tomorrow

Sorry am replying you very late. Get the car scanned to be sure what causes the vibration. I believe you have done the service A. Normally service is done after 10,000 miles or a year, whichever that comes first. That’s if you are using the recommended synthetic oil. Service B can come around 20,000 miles (32,000km) or one year after the previous service. Your service indicator should be reset after every service. When that is done you won’t receive any of service being exceeded.
You can join the Mercedes Benz WhatsApp group for quick response.

https:///FeuuV44Jfn9GwhrSp2F69a

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
Felicity001:

You seems to know a lot about these cars. Are you a mechanic or something? If you are in Lagos pls let me come down tomorrow to your workshop.

Am not, is just an interest. Am not in Lagos but Gombe.
There are some competent hands here that can lead you to those in Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
ibbabah:

Am not, is just an interest. Am not in Lagos but Gombe.
There are some com.petent hands here that can lead you to those in Lagos.
What's the name again?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
weyreypey:

What's the name again?

Joseph is my name.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ibbabah: 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
weyreypey:

What's the name again?

Joseph is my name.
I know you can also be of help to the bro with M271
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
ibbabah:

Joseph is my name.
I know you can also be of help to the br.o with M271
He needs nakoks. If he's willing to deal in a straightforward manner
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
nakoks:

Uw and try and get a spare and keep in your booth.

Good afternoon bro... please I need directions. my C240 battery completely discharged (headlamp was left on Auto). How do I recharge? can I jumpstart with another car? can I remove and send to battery charger?

Please help.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
blackgig:

Good afternoon bro... please I need directions. my C240 battery completely discharged (headlamp was left on Auto). How do I recharge? can I jumpstart with another car? can I remove and send to battery charger?

Please help.

Auto should not drain your battery...mine has been on auto since forever.Get another car or battery and jumpstart yours.Get a rewire to trace the fault causing the drain.For now remove the negative terminal at night when you park pending when issue is resolved.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
nakoks:

Auto should not drain your battery...mine has been on auto since forever.Get another car or battery and jumpstart yours.Get a rewire to trace the fault causing the drain.For now remove the negative terminal at night when you park pending when issue is resolved.

Okay. Thank you. But can I just jump start like every other car? I've read alot online regarding jumpstarting a benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
nakoks:

Okay, Many thanks. But can I just jump start like every other car? I've read alot online regarding jumpstarting a benz.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by austinkenneth: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
austinkenneth:
Abeg someone should help me with the prizes of the following so the mechanics would chop me finish
Car is 2008 ML 550 (Engine: M273.. 5.5L V8)

1. Left Side mirror
2. Rear left tail (traficator) bulb
3. O2 (oxygen) sensor
4. Knock sensor
5. 4 wheel sensors for the tyre pressure monitoring system
6. Engine oil filter
7. Engine air filter (2)
8. Cabin air filter
9. Brake fluid

Car eventually fixed by a reliable mechanic in Lekki..... it is running like new now. I'm impressed by this engine. He had to do an extensive work on it. I'm impressed.

No more Check engine light, good fuel economy, oil leaks solved, no more coolant leaks......

I'll recommend him anyday: Abe ......08167071246, 09065036210

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2021
austinkenneth:

Car eventually fixed by a reliable mechanic in Lekki..... it is running like new now. I'm impressed by this engine. He had to do an extensive work on it. I'm impressed.

No more Check engine light, good fuel economy, oil leaks solved, no more coolant leaks......

I'll recommend him anyday: Abe ......08167071246, 09065036210

Nice one and congratulations... I can imagine the peace of mind after car been fixed.

You can drop update on the cost for the listed spare parts you changed.

I have said it b4 and will keep saying it, "to use motor no hard, na mechanic make am hard".

Me I'm on my way to ladipo like this after they want to cut my head
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
Please Is it possible to ship a car from the USA to Nigeria in 22 days??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
Zino1011:
Please Is it possible to ship a car from the �� to Nigeria in 22 days??
what country
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
OfficialDJ:
what country
usa
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by alisgood: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hi everyone, just stumping on this MB thread. I have a B200 with transmission problem. It makes noise when on P & when driving. If static & on D, it doesn't make that noise. Gear changes tho, but it's just that humming noise.
I've had it checked, changed filter, gear oil but it still persists. I've been advised to buy another gear (auto).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 1:54am On Sep 19, 2021
weyreypey:

He needs nakoks. If he's willing to deal in a straightforward manner

Sorry what do you mean with the statement in bold? I don't understand, have you met me b4 or have we done any business together that I cheated you that will make you say such? Please kindly clarify any b4 you start giving the general public a wrong impression about me

Please kindly clarify this statement..

Thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 2:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Please all the ogas in the house kindly assist.

Bought this car direct tokunbo, W203 C200 kompressor M271 engine

On trying to gas up the AC system the technician discovered the air isn't blowing into the cabin, which is the air is not coming out from the vent especially through the centre and back vents. And even the one on top of the dashboard facing the windshield directly so he recommended an electrician.

Elerectrician said its the AC fan, possibly not blowing towards the right direction. After some troubleshooting, brought down the dashboard and the fan (blower) he said we have to get the one that blows to both directions.

Got another from ladipo, fixed it yet problem persists.

I was frustrated, after spending money and time... This job has taken 2 whole days yet no tangible result.

I asked him to couple everything and after that the steering wheel refused to turn. B4 that while he was coupling back the dashboard I'd noticed that the steering wheel nokkle below the steering neck doesn't push in and out again so the steering neck can't even easily do it's normal up and down adjustments. I complained to him he said he waz going to fix that later.

So right now, the steering neck can't adjust easily, that nokkle below it is stiff can't even go in let alone come out and the worst of it all the steering wheel doesn't turn.

So I'm confused and frustrated right now but I'm calm, this is first time to own and use a MB so no experience whatsoever.

So please anyone with experience or advice should kindly help.

Could thus be some sort of security or something, if it's some sort of security car wouldn't have start na.

CC: ibbabah, nakoks, OfficialDJ, weyreypey and other gurus in the house

NB: It was discovered car was converted in Europe by some professionals b4 car was brought into nigeria, I must confess they did a professional job leaving no trace unless by someone who has had an experience b4.

Pls tag anyone that can as well help especially with the vent issue
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:25am On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

Sorry what do you mean with the statement in bold? I don't understand, have you met me b4 or have we done any business together that I cheated you that will make you say such? Please kindly clarify any b4 you start giving the general public a wrong impression about me

Please kindly clarify this stat.ement..

Thank you

Find nakoks sincerely. Trust him and he'll put you through. Nothing personal but I know if any of us here feels otherwise we'll not touch any request with a thousand feet pole. A good name is better than silver and gold. Nothing personal about you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 3:27am On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

On trying to gas up the AC system the technician discovered the air isn't blowing into the cabin, which is the air is not coming out from the vent especially through the centre and back vents. And even the one on top of the dashboard facing the windshield directly so he recommended an electrician.

Elerectrician said its the AC fan, possibly not blowing towards the right direction. After some troubleshooting, brought down the dashboard and the fan (blower) he said we have to get the one that blows to both directions.

I was frustrated, after spending money and time... This job has taken 2 whole days yet no tangible result.

I asked him to couple everything and after that the steering wheel refused to turn. B4 that while he was coupling back the dashboard I'd noticed that the steering wheel nokkle below the steering neck doesn't push in and out again so the steering neck can't even easily do it's normal up and down adjustments. I complained to him he said he waz going to fix that later.

So right now, the steering neck can't adjust easily, that nokkle below it is stiff can't even go in let alone come out and the worst of it all the steering wheel doesn't turn.

So I'm confused and frustrated right now but I'm calm, this is first time to own and use a MB so no experience whatsoever.

Could thus be some sort of security or something, if it's some sort of security car wouldn't have start na.

CC: ibbabah, nakoks, OfficialDJ, weyreypey and other gurus in the house

NB: It was discovered car was converted in Europe by some professionals b4 car was brought into nigeria, I must confess they did a professional job leaving no trace unless by someone who has had an experience b4.

Pls tag anyone that can as well he.lp especially with the vent issue
Send the car to competent hands. Navigating ladipo without expert help is like trying to cross the five star express blindfolded

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Onowu1979: 5:17am On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

I'll try to add up to what officialDJ has done up there.

1) Very good
2) it's a 1.8L, so very good
3) budget from 2m and above for automatic and clean title
4) full synthetic oil.

Good luck in your search for one.

Wrong! A 2006 or 2007 Mercedes C230 is a 2.5L V6.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Onowu1979: 5:22am On Sep 19, 2021
mastro:
Hi Guys,

Thoughts on the ML 2006 onwards model, brother wants to get one in abuja, so specific questions are:

How robust are they
Who can be trusted to look after one in Abuja without breaking the bank, bearing in mind that I can buy parts in the UK and send down to him.

Mastro

Avoid all entry level models of any car. Go for the 2nd or 3rd year models. Most entry level cars are plagued with between mild to severe errors which will be corrected in later models.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2021
Felicity001:

CC: ibba bah, nak oks, Offi cialDJ, weyre ypey and other gurus in the house

Pls tag anyone that can as well help especially with the vent issue
Your air intake is clogged, meaning that air isn't getting in from the outside at all or isn't circulating properly. There is a blown fuse in the ventilation system. Electrical issues such as a bad relay. Damaged blower motor.
Get a competent person to scan and pinpoint the exact problem.
And lastly, avoid kazeems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.